The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Rob Elliot In Great Spirits After Surgery – On The Mend

8:16 am, Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 5 Comments

Rob Elliot seems in great spirits after having surgery on his knee yesterday and he also seems to have enjoyed the morphine he was given.

But of course you only get that when you have serious operations as Rob quickly points out.

rob elliot -newcastle-united

Rob Elliot – this bonny lad is on the mend

First of all we hope that Rob makes a great recovery and he was certainly Newcastle’s best player this season.

But that morphine comment reminds me …… I had a bad double fracture of my left leg way back when playing for the English Universities side at Hillsborough and was kept overnight in Sheffield and was given morphine on the field after my lower left was at right angles after the bad break.

As I recall I talked to this pretty nurse all night long drinking water all the time with being so thirsty – and as far as I remember I even proposed to her.

🙂

So yes morphine does have a strange effect on you – but we stress – only for serious operations of course.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Rob Elliot · Surgery

5 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Apr 6, 2016 at 8:33 AM

A few articles back.
    I saw that interview on Estadio Estudio with VdB the Spanish manager.
    The interviewer seemed surprised that Del Bosque mentioned RB.
    If the Madrid fans don’t like you there’s not much chance of the Spain job
    I still think that we’ll do it (survive) but even if we don’t Rafa will take on the NUFC project .

• 2 Wayayman // Apr 6, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Good comments by Mitro on the previous article. His response when talking about the fans shows that he isn’t full of himself like some of the mouthpieces who get interviewed.

“I ask them to stay with us these seven games.” “I know sometimes we don’t deserve it…”

• 3 Sav // Apr 6, 2016 at 8:45 AM

Good news on Rob. Been a hero for us this season. Enjoy the legal high, son. If only the clinic could prescribe something for the pain Toon fans are going through…

• 4 Jib // Apr 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM

If you google “harrison breaks leg”
    You get a picture of Han Solo lying on the set of the Millenium Falcon

• 5 whatsup // Apr 6, 2016 at 9:58 AM

He is not a very good keeper actually never mind best player – cost us points in several games – Stoke and Mackems. No good making one or 2 good save s when 4-0 down at Chelsea for eg.

The Mackems goal should have been pushed over the bar. No where near Tim Krul.

previous post: Rallying Cry Issued By Newcastle Striker