The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Shearer Reacts To Another Good Newcastle Display

8:53 pm, Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

Alan Shearer tweeted it was another good point for Newcastle today at Anfield – let’s hope the games don’t run out before we are safe.

Even though Steve McClaren should have been fired long before March 10th and 28 games gone with just 24 points.

Tags: Newcastle News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League · Tweet · Twitter

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mag52 // Apr 23, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Anyone who doesn’t regret getting in Rafa earlier is out of their mind.
    Sadly I fear it’s too little too late for us this season.

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Apr 23, 2016 at 9:11 PM

People keep using the cliche “too little too late”. It’s not too little at all, Bringing Rafa Benitez in is not a little thing but it might be too late.

• 3 Nufc-83 // Apr 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM

Norwich are down they will only get 1 more point. I think both us and Sunderland will both get 4 more pts so I think we may go down on goal difference ๐Ÿ™

• 4 archaeomag // Apr 23, 2016 at 9:21 PM

The Premier league is way better than most scripted dramas!

• 5 Goofy // Apr 23, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Great point today. After the 2nd minute I thought not again then they turned it on in the 2nd half. They really showed grit today.

My only complaint, Lamella was ripping Dummett a new one every time, how many times did he fall for that 1 2 in the corner. Would like to see Mbabu get at chance at LB.

Really believe we will collect all of the possible 9 points. I hope the fans give Pardew a really hard time on Saturday for being sh1t and standing against Jonas in court, the man’s a rat!

• 6 beermonkey // Apr 23, 2016 at 9:44 PM

jail

we are a club in need of a manager like rafa

there are alot of good manager out there but how many can come in and sort out all our youth teams and academy

look at man utd they look to have another good crop of kids coming through
    yet if they go and bring in jose the self proclaimed special one they will all be cast aside as he is not interested in bringing players through

i might even start praying we stay up if it helps keep him

• 7 NewcastleMole // Apr 23, 2016 at 9:52 PM

Good 2nd half.

rather than a long rant ill keep it short.

Colback offers nothing drop him for palace game.
    Perez thinks he’s better than he is, drop him for palace game.
    Nothing needs to be said about cisse.

Players panic too much and need to keep the ball LOW and play it SHORT to the man who is open.

• 8 Goofy // Apr 23, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Lallana even ๐Ÿ˜€

• 9 Pendza // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Evening Ladies and Gentleman! A southerner here coming up to St James next week for mine and my 7 year olds first game at st james, its quiet a long trip. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyone got any advice on a pre match routine to take in the whole atmosphere and give the little lad the experience of it all?

Cheers,

• 10 beermonkey // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:22 PM

pendza

hope u and ur have a great day and we win

• 11 Pendza // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Cheers Beer!

Ive got a 6 hour journey there and back same day as the lad has a tournament the next day!

Im Massisvely buzzing for this!

I have that quote from Sir Bobby stuck in my head and i cant wait to see Oscars face as we walk up the steps into the stadium. I hope its rocking and we get a result!

• 12 WWSBRD // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:28 PM

The next two are the big ones we win them and we are staying up I think and am bailing my flag to the mast right there, we are staying up for the first time since January I believe it

We have confidence and we have the fixtures and God damnit we have the manager Norwich and Sunderland don’t have the trifecta

• 13 WWSBRD // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:30 PM

Pendza
    Strawberry pub is good if u can get in right outside the ground and welcoming but it is a pub so don’t know if u want ur young un in that?

• 14 Pendza // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:33 PM

WWSBRD, A little pop in and soak up the Buzz wouldnt harm, so i expect we’re do that.

• 15 WWSBRD // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Pendza
    No bother mate it’s nice in there like crammed on match day but it’s very friendly in my experience (also a greggs right near by for pre game pastries haha)

• 16 beermonkey // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:40 PM

pendza

i say this surrounded by empty beer bottles
    my dad used to take me to the pub it never did meany harm ๐Ÿ™‚

were first on motd
    that never happens

• 17 lesh // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM

โ€œLearn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.โ€

A Einstein (after today’s match)

• 18 toon kk // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:47 PM

What a amateur Darlow is

• 19 Pendza // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Love a visit to greggs, next destination on the list!

Beer you actually had me laughing out loud then, we wont stay too long then….. ๐Ÿ™‚

• 20 beermonkey // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:52 PM

pendza

yeah maybe dont leave him with a pile of 50ps and and a pinball machine lol

mind you far better than what my grandfather did he just left me outside with a coke

i bet i aint the only one that happend to

• 21 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Apr 23, 2016 at 10:53 PM

Its mental how we are starting to score goals from lots of different players if we could start supplying Cisse with chances like that he would probably go on a scoring run

Klopp moaning about the penalty for them ! What about Perez in the first half!?? Clear penalty!!!

Dont think I can watch the Mackems game tomorrow hate watching their dirty tactics live on tv

• 22 stuart no9 // Apr 23, 2016 at 11:05 PM

pendza ======= what end you got tickets for ??

• 23 Shearer.Milburn // Apr 23, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Pendza, my first game was Newcastle Vs Liverpool in 2000. My only advice is to get there early if you don’t know the area. We missed dyers goal and spent half the match thinking it was 1-1 when we were 2-1 up haha. I reckon I was the last one out of the stadium that day!! Never forget it.

• 24 Pendza // Apr 23, 2016 at 11:15 PM

Stu, Leazes Stand Middle Mate,

Were gonna be there I reckon for half/2 1ish dependant on pee breaks and stops on the way up. lol

I think we will be one of the last, and definately dont want to miss out on the first minutes, were try get to our seats for about 5/10 mins before kick off, even if it means hanging back by the toilets/food just to get that full effect. ๐Ÿ™‚

• 25 stuart no9 // Apr 23, 2016 at 11:21 PM

pendza — wold be niceto get in ground as early as you can – the sports bar is in that end , couple of beers chips for little -un , ya cannat whack it .

• 26 NoahJ // Apr 24, 2016 at 3:48 AM

People saying we’re gonna go down on goal difference to sunderland. you are forgetting that in order for us to remain on the same points, sunderland are going to have to lose at least two games relative to us (that’s at the very least -2 goals for them, and probably more).

previous post: Benitez – Players Showed A Fantastic Reaction