The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Benitez Sky Sports Interview – I’m Really Pleased For Fans

5:46 pm, Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 10 Comments

Rafa Benitez after the game – really pleased

Here’s what Rafa said on Sky Sports after the game – he’s happy for the fans.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Liverpool?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Newcastle News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League · Press Conference · Video

10 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ron Knee // Apr 23, 2016 at 5:52 PM

I think Benitez is more likely to stay with us when we’re relegated if the ‘team’ continue to play like they did in the second half.

• 2 GeordieTwo // Apr 23, 2016 at 5:56 PM

If we win the next two the pressure is on Sunderland and Norwich. We can still save ourselves. Give all the credit to Rafa for putting us in this position after the disgraceful performances under McLaren. Spot on Ron mate.

• 3 bettyswallocks // Apr 23, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Townsend m.o.m. for me. Great battling performance second half again. I think we’ll need to win the last three but why not. Surely can outwit the half wit next week to start it off. HWTL.

• 4 ilovetoon8788 // Apr 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM

How did mclaren ever get the job in the first place. Benitez has done a brilliant job and showing why he’s one of the best in the world.

• 5 GeordieTwo // Apr 23, 2016 at 6:02 PM

These last 3 performances have definitely given me hope. Much more organized at the back now. Just keep it the same for the last 3.

• 6 GeordieTwo // Apr 23, 2016 at 6:03 PM

I don’t think we’ll see McLaren managing in the Prem ever again. The same can be said for Carver. Neither could get a job anywhere in English football for me.

• 7 Jib // Apr 23, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Townsend is looking a bit of a snip at £12 million (he’s only 24 )
    Apparently had a ding in his Range Rover near Big Waters ( Wideopen ) on Thursday

• 8 Pitmatic // Apr 23, 2016 at 6:07 PM

The biggest thing about today’s point is that it gives us some impetus away from home for the Villa game, where three points are a must. I wouldn’t have fancied that on the back of ten defeats in a row, but feel more confident now. Next week will be nervy against Palace. Hope we start
    properly and put it to bed early.

Lots of pessimism on here still, understandably I guess. But you’d think Sunderland are Barcelona the way some are talking. I’d be surprised if they take more than a point from their next three games.

• 9 Jib // Apr 23, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Geordie Two
    Carver is a legend in Canadian football

• 10 Bobbybee // Apr 23, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Course we can do it betty! Momentum is massive. It’s what saved Leicester last season and it can save us too. Palace and villa won’t be relishing playing us and spurs are likely to be deflated, whilst we’re flying. Liecester surely can’t surrender a five point lead at this stage. I think we can even drag palace into it if we win all three. Need to check that. Can’t wait for saturday, the ground will be rocking. As sure as hell the 50k+ there will be believing it’s possible. Far from over yet marra!

previous post: Who Was Newcastle’s Man Of The Match In Fighting Comeback?

next post: Twitter Explodes As Newcastle Hold Reds For Great Point