The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Can Newcastle Beat Crystal Palace On Saturday?

12:55 pm, Tuesday, April 26th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 13 Comments

It’s looking like if we can win our last three games against Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Tottenham Newcastle could be safe this season but a let-down in any one of the games could also be fatal.

Rafa believes three wins will see Newcastle safe and the players seem o be ready to fight for their lives (so to speak) in the last three games – two of which are at St. James’ Park – which we expect to be sell-outs for two of our most games in recent memory.

It also brings former manager Alan Pardew back to St. James’ Park since he left early last year.

Rafa Benitez on the touchline at Newcastle

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Crystal Palace?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 martoon // Apr 26, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Looking at the other two’s fixtures I still think 2 wins and a draw may be enough!

• 2 hibbitt // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM

lets be on the save side 3 wins please

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Don’t take this the wrong way but what nit don’t you get? There isn’t just one game left though, a point for the mackems in the bigger picture could prove vital and all this whooping about the odds shortening after their draw to say he’s right suggests to me he is a bit simple, the odds would have shortened even further had they lost.

• 4 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Palace’s main tactics are getting it to Bolasie and Zaha stop the service to them and they don’t really have much more

Anita to mark Zaha out the game and Tiote to bully Bolasie and Cabaye !!

Would love us to win through a set piece goal just to rub it in !

• 5 bettyswallocks // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Ibiza…….. I’m sorry if I came across a trifle brusque earlier. I was having a row with the wife and you caught the backlash. Can you believe she came in and asked me if I’d like a cup of tea! She knows full well that she has to say, “Do you mind if I ask you would you like a cup of tea.” I can’t stand flippancy.

• 6 DanToon // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Happy just to win, don’t really care how. Then maybe we can jet our coal difference up against Villa. Who knows what gonna happen. I feel sorry for the person sitting next to me at SJP on Saturday! We need to make sure the place is rocking!!! HWTL

• 7 Ibizatoon // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Betty…Brusque? Not at all. Quite pleasant in fact.

Jesper has declined your offer.

G2…Jesper sends his best.

• 8 bettyswallocks // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Jail….. Who’s a nit ?

• 9 bettyswallocks // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Ibiza…… That’s a shame. Any reasons given?

• 10 Ibizatoon // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:31 PM

Betty…None, other than what I said last night.

Anyway, time to carry on with my day.

Have a good one, one and all. Even you Jib.

• 11 Bobbybee // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:35 PM

Go on jail, still struggling with the words ‘I was wrong’ eh? 🙂
    Anyway, more importantly, jutice finally for the Hillsborough families eh? About time eh? After years of being accused of causing the tragedy the fans have finally been vindicated. What a great day. Unlawfully killed. Butchered in fact. All those poor people who went to a match and were murdered by the police who treated them like animals. Not all fans were hooligans and those cages were a tragedy waiting to happen. Authorities refused to listen to us, despite repeated early warnings. Our own trip to Hillsborough and our trip to White Hart Lane just two examples. I could not be happier for the families who have relentlessly fought for justice. Just another crime that it’s taken this long to get justice. HTL/YNWA

• 12 Bobbybee // Apr 26, 2016 at 1:38 PM

Only one nit on here Betty lmao! 😉

• 13 cla5hb0y68 // Apr 26, 2016 at 11:48 PM

It doesn’t matter if we win all three, the mackems have four games left, three of which are winnable Stoke, Everton and Watford, they also have Chelsea at home. Plus their goal difference effectively counts as another game.

previous post: This Club Still Favored To Survive The Drop