The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Benitez On How Newcastle Will Play In Final Three Games

4:03 pm, Wednesday, April 27th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 19 Comments

It took the man some time to get over the hurdle of too many of our players lacking confidence and having a losing mentality.

But Rafa Benitez has had his Newcastle side playing very well in the last three games and we have picked up 5 of the 6 points during those games after picking up just one point in the first four games.

Now the big hope among Newcastle fans is that out players can rise to the occasion this season in the last three games and play out of their skins to win all three games against Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Tottenham.

Rafa Benitez – we will play to win

If our players can do that as Rafa and the fans urge them on,  then we will have made the great escape this season and the future will look bright indeed.

Very bright in fact now that we have a world-class manager on Tyneside – for a change.

Rafa is looking at each game pragmatically and simply trying to win each one of them.

He was asked how Newcastle will play:

“Similar whoever we play, I would say – we approach the game just thinking about to win it, that’s it,”

It doesn’t matter where you are in the table, we know that we have to try and win.”

“You have to forget the table and concentrate just on the next game, on the performance of the team, and if we can keep this momentum going.”

The very best outcome is that Newcastle survive and get say three wins to finish off the season.

That would be great.

But if we do take the drop, as long as we keep Benitez we will have a future and Newcastle will soon be a top team under the guidance of the former Liverpool manager.

If we cannot keep Rafa things will remain dark and frustrating at Newcastle – especially if the incompetents are kept in charge of the club.

We need Wor Rafa to stay on Tyneside whatever happens.

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Other News · Prayer · Premier League · Press

19 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:05 PM

Would be great to annihilate Palace on Saturday.

• 2 Ron Knee // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:10 PM

I can’t see this ‘team’ – even under Benitez – annihilating any PL club.

• 3 Jib // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:15 PM

I’ve spoken to a DJ I know really well .

The club are pretty strict about only Birthday requests and at least 7 days notice is required.

• 4 Jib // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:18 PM

The perfect time would have been the Swansea match when it WAS Rafa’s birthday !

• 5 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Good to see things have calmed down. It’s sometimes not a bad thing to have a good vent and clear the air. This is a stressful and worrying time for all Toon fans and perhaps the uncertainty of our future with or without Rafa is creating more tension than usual.

I have to say that some of the comments from HWA and Reilly’s last comment last night were completely out of order in fact totally despicable.

No one likes the banter and piss taking more than me but there has to be a line that we don’t cross and those two crossed it big time last night.
    Apologies are in order boys.

• 6 Jib // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM

I usually have a good vent after a Vindaloo 😎

• 7 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:28 PM

Jib, i’ve just been on the phone myself and got an answering machine so left a message. Have to get the request in for the Spurs game, with this weeks notice thing. Maybe bombardment tactics might work? Everyone get onto them and request the record. Nay, demand it by heaven. 🙂
    Not sure about only birthday requests though coz i got one read out when i reunited with my father afer 40 years. The whole extended family went to the coventry game together the day we were reunited. They played one for us that day and it wasn’t a birthday request. I’ll try and motivate those around me to sing it and if others do the same, we may end up with the whole stadium singing it. Nice catchy tune and all that. ‘ Oh Rafa stay-a-ay, just a little bit longer, oh won’t you stay-a-ay, just a little bit more’ 😉 Make him know he’s wanted and loved. He’s got a sentimental side to him.

• 8 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:30 PM

Jib…….. You would do, you little scobberlotcher.

• 9 reilly // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:31 PM

at the end of the day he caused the total chaos yesterday,and he started the abuse aswel.
    betty read bobbys follow up comment,i think that makes us even.

• 10 Fostino // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Lads..just a suggestion. I’ve been to anfield many times as I’m sure many of ye have too. The never walk alone anthem gives me goosebumps every time. Do you think it would a nice idea considering the week that is in it that us toon fans sing this anthem for 1 time only before the crystal palace match this weekend. Those poor families finally received justice this week and I for one would love to show acknowledge this justice. If you agree with this lads, could you spread the word or contact the relevant people who could make this happen. Do you think I should send the club an email or am I being ridiculous.

• 11 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Betty, cheers marra, but i don’t want their apologies, i’m a big boy with broad shoulders and nothing anyone can say on the matter bothers me. In fact, i’d like to thank them for showing their real faces to the blog. Consider the false show of outrage when jib cracked a disabled joke and those at the forefront of indignation? Speaks volumes on shallowness and hypocrisy – much more than i could ever do. 😉
    Talking of which, our lass insisted we went to a faith healing session. I don’t believe in it, but it made her happy so i went along.
    Anyway, this American evangelist was on stage and offering to cure those in need.
    ‘The lord jesus christ and his father speak through me,’ he shouted. ‘Only he can perform these miracles with the power of prayer.
    I wasn’t going up on stage, but two others volunteered. The first was on crutches and could hardly walk. The second poor soul could speak properly and every word started with the word w. It made communicating very difficult.
    There was a large screen on stage and after asking their names – christopher on the crutches and alan with the speech defect.
    The evangelist goes into a trance and prays, getting the entire audience to join in. Suddenly he stops. ” the lord god jesus christ has spoken to me! He has answered our prayers! Our brothers in pain are cured. Christiphor, throw your crutches over the screen.’
    To my immense surprise both crutches flew over the screen. The audience went mental, screaming hallelujah, praise to the lord.
    He then shouted ‘Alan, speak to us.’
    There was a minutes silence, then this voice called out. ‘Wistiphor waz wallen over.’

• 12 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Well done Bobby. That’s the spirit lad.

• 13 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Fostino, i couldn’t agree more marra. It’s far from being a silly idea, i had the same one myself and it would be a very apt show of support. Not sure how we’d get the message around in time though and some might not realise the significance of it and get wound up. Some couldn’t care less about the victims either, which imo is very sad. We are all the football family after all and it hurts me as much. Been there myself, felt the terror of gasping for air and thinking ‘this is it’. It would be a wonderful gesture and show the geordie nation in a great light. Pity we couldn’t get it properly organised with the announcer playing the record and the lads n lasses joining in. Justice for the 96, after a long and tasteless campaign to smear them. Hame it took so long innit?

• 14 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Shame even! 🙂

• 15 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Anyone else noticed that you write something out, check it through and post it, only to find you’ve cocked up somewhere? Doh!!! 🙂

• 16 lesh // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:13 PM

It’s my birthday and it could be everyone else’s too.

But bombarding them for the same record’ll surely make even the dumbest at the Club smell a rat.

There is a downside to bombardment and that is that if they refuse and the press gets hold of that, it may send the wrong message to Rafa.

The alternative is to give him a rousing welcome at all three games – that should reinforce the message that the fans truly love him to pieces.

• 17 howway geordies // Apr 28, 2016 at 12:32 AM

One minor point Ed, 3×3=9 no6 ?

• 18 howway geordies // Apr 28, 2016 at 12:35 AM