The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

If Newcastle Go Down – Alternatives To Selling Best Players

4:57 pm, Wednesday, April 27th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 169 Comments

If Newcastle are relegated then the major question every Newcastle fan will be asking is will Rafa Benitez stay – and we’ll not know that until after the final game of the season on May 15th – and we may even avoid relegation.

Rafa is right in only concentrating on saving Newcastle and he will not answer the question on whether he will leave if we do take the drop.

That will keep the players on their toes that if they want Rafa next season to be coaching them and maybe starting to create a dynasty at Newcastle – then they should be playing out of their skins in the last three games.

lee charnley and mike ashley

Lee Charnley and Mike Ashley

One thing is certain – if we do go down and that is the wage bill will need to be reduced and overall running costs in general will need to be cut.

One alternative to selling our high wage earners is to send one or two of them out on loan  for the season – hoping we can come straight back up and then they can rejoin Newcastle next summer.

By that means at least their wages will be paid for next season.

Which players are kept and which ones are sold if we go down will depend a lot on whether Rafa is still the manager.

If he is then Newcastle are said to be willing to keep the ones he wants at the club – assuming they will want to play in England’s second division.

Some players will be sold to simply bring in some cash to help the club through what will be a tough time financially with our revenues being greatly cut.

A good Managing Director would be working on some of these alternatives and looking at the finances for next season, just in case we do go down.

So we don’t expect Lee Charnley to be doing any of that.

Things will be made a lot easier if we can stay up, which is exactly why Rafa has the players in for extra training sessions as tries to save the club.

That’s not beyond him either.

Howay The Lads!!

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Crystal Palace?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Prayer · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

169 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Ashley Out unless he keeps Rafa!

• 2 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:08 PM

Not even thinking of relegation just now, not until i know we’re done for certain. That’s just me though and i agree the club needs to be thinking along those lines. Still think that without our biggest earners we can bounce back by selling those without the balls for it and using that money to buy some quality Championship hardened players to mix in with our undoubted crop of talented youngsters. Our young lads are good enough with the right guidance for the PL, as Rafa is currently proving, so with said guidance we could deffo bounce back first time. Howay the lads!

• 3 Fostino // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:10 PM

This is a repost from the last article

Lads..just a suggestion. I’ve been to anfield many times as I’m sure many of ye have too. The never walk alone anthem gives me goosebumps every time. Do you think it would a nice idea considering the week that is in it that us toon fans sing this anthem for 1 time only before the crystal palace match this weekend. Those poor families finally received justice this week and I for one would love to show acknowledge this justice. If you agree with this lads, could you spread the word or contact the relevant people who could make this happen. Do you think I should send the club an email or am I being ridiculous.

Thanks bobby bee for the support. Hopefully more can spread the word

• 4 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Go with that e mail my friend, you just never know.

• 5 lesh // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Repost from previous thread

Bobby

It’s my birthday and it could be everyone else’s too.

But bombarding them for the same record’ll surely make even the dumbest at the Club smell a rat.

There is a downside to bombardment and that is that if they refuse and the press gets hold of that, it may send the wrong message to Rafa.

The alternative is to give him a rousing welcome at all three games – that should reinforce the message that the fans truly love him to pieces.

• 6 GeordieTwo // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Take it one match at a time. A win against Palace first. Three points. Sunderland and Norwich both lose. Things look a lot better in 17th place. Then on to Villa.

• 7 GeordieTwo // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Arsenal is going to beat Norwich at home. They desperately need the points for Champions League. Stoke is very good at home as well. Sunderland go down 2-0.

• 8 GeordieTwo // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM

I don’t know why we’re even bothering to play those matches…..

• 9 lesh // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Jail

Keeping Rafa’s a move that could ease the pressure of a fan backlash against Ashley.

Buy he really must address the Charnley-Carr situation. Doing nowt and retaining them in their current roles would be absolute madness on his behalf.

He’s got an opportunity to demonstrate that he’s cocked up over the years and we all hope he acts to undo the damage he’s caused.

• 10 reilly // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:21 PM

they knocked this back so, there is no chance.

• 11 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Hopefully be out of relegation zone come saturday night.

• 12 lesh // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:25 PM

You’ll Never Walk Alone followed by chants of Rafa, stay with us…. As in da da, da da da!

Might kill two birds with one stone?

• 13 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:32 PM

I’ve just e mailed the club with my request for a chorus of YNWA before the game. It would cerainly be a sight to behold.

• 14 magscar // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:32 PM

Just catching up – been out for a bit

Lesh

On my state of the art 1950’s Kitchen Range 🙂 my mother was persuaded by Council to part with it (after we young un’s had left) in a modernisation program so they were really building up stock for the coming Retro Boom and here was me thinking it was probably in Beamish!

Mr Tuff

Agree with your points in reference to mine earlier

Nice day on here for a change – not the calm before a storm hopefully.

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Yes magscar,
    It’s nice to be nice isn’t it?

• 16 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Lesh, play it or not, i won’t go running to the press with it lmao. We get enough bad publicity without that. Mum’s the word. Shhh. 😉 I think Rafa knows how much he’s wanted here already, but a little reminder would’t harm though. ‘Stand up, if you love Rafa, stand up, if you love Rafa etc’ Many ways to get the message across.

• 17 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM

testing

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM

If we stay up Rafa stays regardless. If we go down it really does depend on 1: Rafa wanting to stay and bounce straight up.
    2: What Ashleys plans are for the club, we may well tread water until the parachute payments are gone and then be stripped bare unless a buyer comes in

• 19 Jib // Apr 27, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Be up front about it
    Everyone fill in a request form and say something like “As one of the many Toon fans on NUFCblog.com please play Stay ” and then give it your own personal touch if you are from the States say so ( even Canadians can take part 😀 )
    Gets it done and a nice plug for the blog.

• 20 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Not sure the loan idea would work, as good as it is. If – a very big if just now – we do go down, other clubs will smell our vulnerability and make our stars – cough cough – an offer they won’t refuse. To be honest, not sure they’d be such a big miss anyway, as their hearts haven’t been in it for a while. Anyone who wants out i will personally drive to the airport and wave goodbye to.

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:06 PM

It is simply impossible to predict who will go and who will stay if we go down as we don’t know what the fat man’s plans are and what clauses are in the players contracts, if there are no clayses we don’t need to get rid of anyone and could charge SD 30M per year for advertising. Surely Mikey has to man up and take responsibility for the mess we’re in and cover the cost himself rather than “lend” the club money again.

• 22 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Is censorship alive and well on the blog? Been trying to post for the last half-hour but nowt appears, apart from “testing” and maybe this.

I know some will be pleased that I might have been gagged.

• 23 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Let’s try again with a longer post …

• 24 magscar // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Jail

Always nice me 🙂

• 25 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Like Bobby, I too was overjoyed when I heard the verdicts of “unlawful killing” and that the fans were ‘blameless’.

Clearly the crowd control tactics employed by the police commanders probably reflected the mantra ‘the fans are hooligans so let’s kettle them into holding pens … fuck the scum’.  The blame lies squarely with the bosses … it was shown there were many good, honest coppers trying to do their jobs fairly that day but were hampered by having knackered radios, no proper training, poor leadership and being scared shitless of taking independant action for fear of being targeted by the culture in South Yorks Police and their bullying Chief Constable Wright.

Whoever posted the gas chamber analogy by equating the action of the police with the sondetkommando need their heads examining – the skomm KNEW they were driving folks to their deaths, the cops didn’t … they were just trying to shove folks back.

I’m not at all suprised at the criminally corrupt cover-up that followed.  All these ‘disciplined services’ have form for abusing the rules, apportioning blame elsewhere, giving false witness, destroying evidence.  It’s in their DNA to behave like that and, when it involves the police, it usually results in some form of miscarriage of justice.

Let’s hope that the two current criminal enquiries report, as promised, by the end of the year and that those found responsible for any wrongdoing  are sent for trial.  But, after 27+ years would the evidence ‘standup’ in court and the guilty walk … I’d wager that the DPP or Crown Prosecution Service (which ever one is responsible) will ‘bottle it’.  Just wait for “it’s not in the public interest to proceed”.  Bastards!

• 26 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Nah! It hasn’t worked!

• 27 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM

BDM……… Spit it out man you bespowling boboloyne.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:30 PM

BDM,
    I don’t see why you would be moderated, have you mailed Ed?

• 29 magscar // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:32 PM

BDM

Depending on it’s content/words it may have been flagged up for Ed’s moderation.

Are those that are getting through instant? if so it possibly is only some of your posts being moderated but not all? Just guessing

• 30 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Jail, what Eds email address.

• 31 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Interestingly, or perhaps not, I posted a 2 link post earlier today and it went straight up.

That used to go in to moderation.

For those discussing a “YNWA” song this weekend at SJP, try get something going on Twitter to spread the word perhaps?

• 32 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM

magscar … just the usual sort of stuff, plus the bastard word, refs to the gas chambers, etc.

• 33 Belfast // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Stick to the one liners back door man.

Where’s my good friend Ian Toon these days Jail?

• 34 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Tsunki

You little devil.

• 35 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Any player who doesn’t want to be here needs offloading. We need total committment from every single squad member regardless of what league we’re in. Just out of curiosity, anyone see look north on hillsborough. Sick people.

• 36 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:38 PM

I’ll try to modify some of the words to see if that’ll allow passage.

• 37 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Tuff, my post was in response to jib. He was suggesting that I would state another blog since this one could be ending but I thought that I would leave that to you. Yknow since… Ehem! Ladies wre…

• 38 Jib // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM

admin@nufcblog.com

• 39 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

BDM, i sometimes get the same thing, where one post won’t appear and the next will. Thought it was my tablet, but maybe its a problem their end? Just keep posting it usually goes right itself.

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:43 PM

It’s in the blog menu my half brained friend.

• 41 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Ibiza, don’t do twitter myself, but a good idea for those who do. Spread the word by any means. 😉

• 42 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Bdm

Please don’t, it’s a blessing in disguise that your post won’t see passage. Already read enough dross on this blog.

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Belfats,
    He’s dating a really hot chick he met through uni

• 44 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM

I think I’ll try one paragraph at a time to see if that works … if it does I’ll know it ain’t the naughty words but a new word count thing.

• 45 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM

I refer that back to the article about Mbabu, post #44.

• 46 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Half brained friend, thanks for the compliment honey.

• 47 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Brace yourselves, the bdm post is on its way…

Happy scrolling 🙂

• 48 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:48 PM

BDM

Don’t think you are moderated you haven’t done anything, I know a few that should be though.

• 49 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Welshie…… You’re one of the reasons this country has to put instructions on shampoo..

• 50 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Now now Welsh why would you talk about yourself like that? Your contribution is the greatest on this blog.

Ha ha ha

• 51 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Betty

Pffffffffffffffthahahahahaha

• 52 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Right then ladies, what’s the score going to be this weekend and are we going beat Mr Ps team down at selhurst park.

• 53 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Betty, you been eating a dictionary again? 🙂

• 54 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Bobby…Neither do I really, only ventured on for one particular cause, which we wont go in to today, or preferably, ever again.

I just know that a lot of people do use it these days, especially to circulate info / plans.

• 55 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Bettybollocks

I know because like the advert.

BECAUSE IM WORTH IT

Ha ha ha

• 56 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Welsh

• 57 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Welshie, with the help of a fanatical support, and the fact that pardiola is in toon, i expect we will completely blow them away. I’m going for 3-0 or 3-1 at worse. The more goals the better. A loss or draw for the mackems and we go ahead of them. (Can’t see norwich winning another game, but ya never know) 😉

• 58 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Welshie…… I’m sorry if I offended you when I suggested you were stupid. I assumed you already knew.

I realise that some babies get dropped on their head but you must have been chucked against a wall.

• 59 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Betty please stop!! 😀 😀 hahahahaha

• 60 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Bobby……. He likes the old fashioned banter that back door man.

• 61 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:01 PM

The weather forecast on just north has just informed us that saturday will be the best day of the week. But then, we know that already, don’t we? HOWAY THE LADS!!!

• 62 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Bobby

Soon you’re going to be puking rainbows mate

• 63 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Bettybollocks

you just jealous because I’m, how can I say this.

I’m bloody awesome.

• 64 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Forgot good looking too, how could i.

• 65 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Betty, don’t we all. Nowt wrong with that is there? Canny wack it. 😉 We know the score marra. You point it out clearly enough. Nod nod, wink wink, say no more squire! 🙂

• 66 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Well that’s odd being mentioned by Robby V out of the blue. Oh well…

My favourite photo up there of those two globular pie destroyers. “Hey Mikey ha ha I’ve just been emailed by some Danish bloke who reckons you could rotate on this hur hurrr”

• 67 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM

YMFB, there’ll be a rainbow over SJP when we destroy palace on saturday. A strange rainbow, streaked pure black n white! 😉

• 68 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Bobby I’m with you in the idea of a YNWA before ko, that would go down well I think.

• 69 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Tsunki, you against multiple accounts?

• 70 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Bobby

Don’t get your hopes up TOO much matey, it’ll hit harder if we don’t do as you say.

• 71 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Welshie…… I know you said you’re sick of the sheep now, but have you ever shagged a goat or a llama if you don’t mind me asking.

• 72 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

Ha ha ha

• 73 Munster Mag // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Ibiza, your comments re the players getting better, and therefore not being bad, under Rafa, was a reference to a previous opinion you gave re Carr and the exact same topic. I disagree and with good reason and logic. As far Remi Garde, if you cant see that he would have been recommended to NUFC by Carr, as an “expert” on french football, then you need to take your head out of the sand and see the bigger picture at the club. The only I would keep Carr is under Rafa’s strict control!

• 74 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:16 PM

If you so obsessed banging on about animals all the time do me a favour and go and watch animal farm, you might feel better after that.

Ha ha ha

• 75 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Tsunki, it’s getting the message out that’s the problem innit? I’ve e mailed the club with the idea so wait n see. The problem being, if we start singing and people don’t click to the significance of it, you know there’ll some dunderheads, pissed up and accusing us of being liverpool fans. 🙂 if someone has many twitter followers, they could spread the word. What would be ideal is at one minute to three, every ground in the country broke into YNWA for just one time. Probably a pipe dream, but i am that way inclined at times. 🙂

• 76 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Munster…Exactly. A previous opinion and conversation.

All I was saying today is it would be interesting to see all of the players, under Rafa, as he has done better with some of the current lot.

That’s it.

Again, I’m not debating Carr, we’ve done it to death.

I have no idea why you’re bringing Garde in to it, again. I could argue that it wasn’t really the best of circumstances to throw him into, but I don’t really care enough tbh. That’s Villas problem, not ours. Not sure how much worse he would have done than McClaren, but that goes for a whole list of coaches at the end of the day.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Carr should have a senior role at the club. We agree on that. Does the semantics of it really matter that much? You think he was more control over things, I view it as influence by default, which is not his fault. But it doesn’t matter. Change is needed, across the “board” and the whole setup.

Rafa is a bloody good step in the right direction, imo. Shall we discuss him, rather than Garde?

• 77 sing in the corner // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Get in! Sorted out tickets for the match against Palace. I hope there’s a great atmosphere generated, we can sweep the lads to victory, stay on this little roll we’re on and the mackems could come apart at the seams!

• 78 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:25 PM

YMFB, it won’t hit me any harder if we go down from here. The pain will be just the same and traumatic. I prefer to believe we can do it and ride those emotions. We’ve had so little to cheer these last few seasons i’m using this time for the best. If we go down, the pain will be no more than it would be if i threw the towel in now. There’s still hope and whilst there’s hope i prefer to believe.

• 79 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Bobby…You may think I’m taking the piss here, but I do have a Twitter account for previous, Ashley Out, purposes. I don’t use it, have no idea what following it has anymore, but would be happy to put something on there if you’d like.

Some of the folk on here were following it and would no doubt re-tweet it about the place, or whatever it is that Twitter does.

• 80 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Don’t let your mind wander Welshie; Its too little to be let out on it’s own.

• 81 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Trust me, if you watch animal farm you will not feel better. You will puke your guts more likely! 🙂

• 82 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Sing…Does scum have a seam?

• 83 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Ibiza, can’t hurt to try marra, it might get taken up, it might not, but if others follow suit you just don’t know.

• 84 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Nothing wrong me Betty little bit disturbed maybe, speaking of which, any disturbed fans on here, if so have you listened to their version of the song the sound of silence.

Awesome track, bit of advice best way to listen to the song use headphones.

• 85 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Bobbybee

I don’t understand your logic, you stated earlier that you’re not even thinking about relegation and here you are now suggesting that we will smash palace. Surely with that mindset it will hit you harder then just accepting it already? I’m not telling you to be pessimistic by the way, your optimism is a fresh of breath air. I know he have already been through enough dark times these past few years to be truly hurt by relegation, but trying to see things in a positive light is a heartbreak waiting to happen. A heartbreak worse then the one we will all feel again.

• 86 Munster Mag // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Ibiza you cant see beyond the end of your nose on this. if garde had wanted our job (and yes it would have been a worse choice than mcclaren) he would probably have got it. Its just another example of carr having too much influence and being pretty crap overall. if u are unwilling to see that for whatever reason, as i said you need to look at thebigger picture.

• 87 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Bobby…Any ideas for content? What is it you want to say or it to work out? Let’s not forget, I wont be there.

Btw, I can’t work out your use of marra for the life of me. Is it both friendly and aggressive (depending on the situation, of course), or does it not go that deep?

My cousin uses it as a term of endearment. But she’s an odd lot at the best of times, so you never know.

• 88 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Hahahahaha ffs ‘fresh of breath air’ ah I’m done 🙂

For those with little minds (Welsh) that don’t know the saying that was meant…

‘breath of fresh air’

Much better.

• 89 Yo-yo // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:37 PM

I like Bobby’s idea of every football ground singing YNWA to express their sympathy with the Liverpool fans and their bereaved families.

• 90 Yo-yo // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

betty

It’s the English who sh@g goats. Seems it might be a Yorkshire pastime

• 91 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Munster…Oh I can, I just don’t want to discuss it anymore. Are you not reading my posts?

Too much influence? Sure. But why? It’s ridiculous. Read my post, he should not have a senior role. Surely we can leave that there?

Being pretty crap overall? Overall? We need to restructure, as we’ve agreed. Can he be a scout? I don’t see why not. Sure he’s picked some duds, he’s also got some good ones. He’s also supposedly recommended some amazing ones which haven’t turned up here. I doubt it was his decision not to. Anyway, I think out scouting needs refreshing. I think he can be part of it, but again, he shouldn’t have the senior role. He should be a scout.

If he’s not at NUFC at all next year, I wont lose any sleep. Let’s see what Ashley thinks of it all. As always, he’s the one who can bring change if he chooses

Pretty please, let it be over.

• 92 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:44 PM

For blog fairness, my, what a day on the blog, shall we call it Bobby and Fostinos idea?

Bosstinos? Fobby? Fobbinos?

I quite like Fobbinos.

• 93 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Ibiza

We should call it fostinos since they came up with it.

• 94 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Having re-read that, I feel I perhaps should say that really wasn’t a piss take of anyone. Was merely amusing myself, hopefully others (although I shant be holding my breath…or fresh), with the most innocent of intentions.

• 95 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Ibiza, my use of marra is neither one or the other. It’s like mate. I don’t do hate matey, i can’t be bothered with it. Just because i defend my corner under torrents of very personal abuse doesn’t make me angry, i’m just very passionate about things i truly believe in – as you know! 🙂 I’m never the first to get personal, but when it’s chucked at me, i take it that’s the level they wish to converse at and wouldn’t want to let anybody down. Anyway, i’ve no idea how twitter works mate, my tablet is about a techy as i get. 😉 something along the lines of ‘show support for the families of the 96 by singing YNWA on saturday. All fans together.’ That sound ok?

• 96 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Yo yo hahaha… We’ve got him now he used to live in Hull.

Stephen Hall aka Welshie . What have you got yo say for yourself you skelpie-limmer.

• 97 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Does it matter who’s idea it was? Leave me out of it by all means, i ain’t no glory hunter. 😉 I just think it would be a cracking idea if the whole country’s fans were united for once and stood side by side with those poor families who’ve suffered a terrible miscarriage of justice and an outrageous smear campaign. I’m sure it would bring a big smile to their faces.

• 98 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Multiple accounts Rob? Are you unwell?

• 99 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Answer the question

• 100 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:04 PM

YoungMag…I’m confused. Fostinos is a they?

Bobby…Looks good. I’ll give it a go. Perhaps others will too.

Fair enough on the use of marra, thanks. Have to say though, you called me all sorts of stuff yesterday and I don’t think I called you anything at any stage. I think that perhaps historic discussions and the emotion of the day were at play. I’m not looking to kick off an argument, but I honestly have no problem putting my hands up when I’ve been naughty and do.

The blogs here to enjoy.I don’t know about you, but I get no satisfaction from arguments on here. Especially not ones where people are guessing what you’re about. I don’t know you, you don’t know me. We all do share one common love, whether we show it the same way or not should come second to that.

• 101 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Agreed. A terrific story for the country to sing that before ko. TV would love it.

• 102 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:06 PM

First paragraph, as promised:

• 103 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:06 PM

I don’t think we need to reference anyone really, it was more a case of people were.

It is, of course, simply about the idea.

• 104 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Ibiza

Fostinos could be a he or a she. I understand the confusion though, it sounded like I was suggesting that there was more then one person.

• 105 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Second para:

Clearly the crowd control tactics employed by the police commanders probably reflected the mantra ‘the fans are hooligans so let’s kettle them into pens … fkcu the scum’.  The blame lies squarely with the bosses … it was shown there were many good, honest coppers trying to do their jobs fairly that day but were hampered by having knackered radios, no proper training, poor leadership and being scared shi*les* of taking independant action for fear of being targeted by the culture in SYorks Police and their bullying Chief Constable.

• 106 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Third para:

• 107 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Fourth para:

• 108 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

• 109 Ibizatoon // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:12 PM

YoungMag…I see. It did read that way. No idea why.

Bobby also said that he had the same idea before, which I assumed he meant on the blog, therefore, could we not just call it “their idea”. Not really worth the discussion that has followed.

• 110 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Fifth para:

Let’s hope that the two current criminal enquiries report, as promised, by the end of the year and that those found responsible for any wrongdoing  are sent for trial.  But, after 27+ years would the evidence ‘standup’ in court and the guilty walk … I’d wager that the DPP or Crown Prosecution Service (which ever one is responsible) will ‘bottle it’.  Just wait for “it’s not in the public interest to proceed”.  Basta*ds!

• 111 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 112 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Ed must be limiting the word count for each post.

We need Bobby on to test my theory.

• 113 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:17 PM

bettyswallocks
    April 27, 2016
    Yo yo hahaha… We’ve got him now he used to live in Hull.

Betty does talk a load of bollocks, what have i got to say, well I’m not from hull never lived in hull and this guy is English, I lived in Swansea all my life born and bred which makes me surprise surprise Welsh, shall I break it down even more smaller so somebody like you will understand, I think it was you who got chucked against a wall.

So all along it actually England and not Wales

Ha ha ha

You couldn’t make it up

• 114 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:18 PM

@ 106 should end: “….miscarriage of justice”.

• 115 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:23 PM

BDM, like all football fans and society in general, there are good and bad everywhere. Good officers helped, bad ones prevented fans escaping. Both are undeniable facts. For me, i don’t get that officers could look into those terrified eyes and push them back in; it’s totally beyond my comprehension, but i know it happened to us at spurs, so i’m not that surprised. As a copper, if you see someone mistreating a person and turn your eyes away, or help them cover it up, then you’re just as bad as those commiting the offence.
    Regards the concentration camp bollox, it wasn’t me who brought it up, but i was expected to reply as it was asked to me. Thete simply are no comparisons and why anyone would try to compare them is beyond me. All i said was if you were the victim, getting pushed into an oven or pushed back into the crowd, i can’t see that they themselves would see much difference. Both die from a lack of oxygen. You’d need to ask the person who brought it up why they felt the need to make such a comparison. It was a pretty loaded question after all and frankly, unrequired at the time.

• 116 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:25 PM

And while I’m at it ….

I do teasingly ask some of the excruciatingly dull posters here not to pull frowning faces at what follows.

To all those bearded brogue-wearers constantly typing ‘Fatso and his acolytes have to go’ on their laptops with their favourite nose-picking fingers need a reality check. He ain’t going anywhere and he’s unlikely to rid himself (and us) of his oily rags.  Charnley, and the rest are in place to satisfy ‘City’ rules and won’t be dumped on a whim by Fatso.  My guess is that he’s satisfied with their perfomance of running the business side of the club and, quite properly, they delegate the football matters to the coach/manager.  My bet is that they’ll argue that when, in their opinion, change was needed they acted and cashiered the revolting Alladyce, the inept Carver, shagger Percy and Wally the Johnny.  I think Fatso will accept this line of reasoning.  Nobody at club will take a blind bit of notice of anything the fans say.

Fatso, like most who inhabit the boss class never give a flying fkcu about epistolary guidance issued by a revolting gaggle of Katie Hopkinesque slugs (as they see the fans and other punters).  All they’re interested in is making obscene amounts of money by whatever means.  Look no further than the British Home Stores situation and the rapacious behaviour of Philip Green and Dominic Chappell to gain an understanding of what drives these fellas;  Fatso is no different.  Isn’t ironic that business leaders such as these are perennially lauded everwhere you look … most are crooks.  Bastar*s!

Some here have talked about boycotts to show how seriously dissatisfied the fans are, but I reckon the only folks affected would be those on an hourly rate on matchday:  those selling the booze/tea/pies/chips/programmes … honest, working stiffs, trying to make ends meet.  No, the only appropriate action is always crowd demonstration;  raucous chanting and banner waving and even then it’s debatable if the basta*ds would take note.

• 117 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Wow! Ed must have turned off the word counter.

• 118 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM

BDM, i think you sum it up very well. Not in the public interest is one of their favourite cop out stances. Nice to the see the chief of SY police has been suspended, but it’ll be on full pay and not worth a toss. So many lies. So much grief. I hope we never see the like again, but you know what they say about history? Unless lessons are learnt – which must include punishment for the guilty – history keeps repeating itself.

• 119 SPRINGY // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM

evening all
    bobby.. not to piss on ya chips, but is’nt requesting a song at half time for rafa a bit daft…he wont be there!lol…he’ll be in the changing rooms sorting the team …think singing his name in the crowd is ya best option mate.
    result for sat……4-1 cisse 2 sissoko 1 townsend 1…….whey i can hope cant i?

• 120 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:37 PM

BDM,
    And your point is ?

• 121 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:40 PM

BDM, glad i’m not alone in being sick and tired of Ashley out every day of the week, several times a day. As if it makes one scrap of difference. It is so unlikely he’ll even read it and even more so that he’d walk away because of it.
    Myself, i think Charnley’s days are numbered, simply because they blew 80m of Ashley’s investment and failed miserably. The board can’t even blame macca, because they hired him in the first place. Personally i can’t see how he retains his job, but true enough, nothing would surprise me that much when it comes to Ashley!

• 122 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:44 PM

Springy. Naw it ain’t. It’ll get the fans singing along and he’ll hear it when he comes out. Sometimes the crowd needs a push in the right direction 🙂 As long as the crowd pick up on it – Stay? For Rafa? Oh yeah! – the crowd mentality will do the rest. He’ll come back out to everyone singing and get the picture. 😉

• 123 SPRINGY // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:46 PM

bobby
    i think ashley will keep charnley as he is like a shite buffer for ashley…i think if rafa stays then carr is history or is at least demoted to just finding and scouting players,he’ll not be picking them……as for persuading rafa to stay remember the eleven sign that was put up for gary speed,what about something similar opposite the dug out in the east stand…top level rafa,bottom level stay….just an idea like.lol

• 124 SPRINGY // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:47 PM

bobby fair enough mate.

• 125 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Jail, I just don’t think well see the back of any of them; they’ll be here for years.

• 126 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:48 PM

BDM……. You make some good points but come across somewhat square. You must be divisible by four.

• 127 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:48 PM

Well if it makes no difference nothing anyone says on here does. It’s a blog and people express their thoughts. People wouldn’t want Ashley out if he retained Rafa and charged SD to finance a shot at success.

• 128 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:51 PM

BDM,
    If we don’t retain Rafa and employ a second rater it will be the beginning of the end of Mile Ashleys disastrous reign at the club.

• 129 Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Bobby, just watch as the suspended Chief Constable resigns. He’s only got a few months to go on his contract, so if he goes now he’ll get his full pension AND avoid any disciplinary hearing where he could be sacked and lose the pension.

• 130 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Anyone else watching the atletico v bayern game? The goal reminded me so much of HBA at his sublime best, i nearly shed a tear. It could so easily have been him waltzing though defenders at will. Need to stop, my heart’s breaking. 🙂

• 131 beermonkey // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:00 PM

any1 watching the youth fa cup final

• 132 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:03 PM

Is Rob Vollans trying to stir up the custard? What are you playing at Rob?

• 133 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:03 PM

BDM, don’t you just know it? Once resigned they become immune. More likely to leave due to medical grounds, because this horrible hillsborough issue and those wicked evil families who just wouldn’t let him get away with it. Poor man. As this would be classed as medically unfit due to a work related cause, he’ll get an enhanced pension and probably a commendation to boot. Me, i’d string him up by his balls.

• 134 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Tsunki….. Any theories?

• 135 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:09 PM

BDM @105 I couldn’t agree with you less. it’s possible that Mike will retain porky pie Lee and the forever young Carr, but not without some scars from their performance at hammering his brand. And you also think losing potentially £30-60m in TV revenue (let alone falling ad, merchandising and matchgoing) over the next two years will grant them immunity? Only if they’ve got pictures of Mike Jelly-Wrestling with Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris locked away in a vault.

• 136 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Theories on what betty?

• 137 bettyswallocks // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Tsunki…. Vollans activities.

• 138 Yo-yo // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Back Door Man // Apr 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM

Third para:

If you read back to yesterday evening you’ll see I queried the use of the word ‘butchered’ in describing how the fans were treated by the police. I asked what word would be appropriate for the victims of Srebrenica or the Nazis, if butchered was the right word for the police treatment of the fans in 1989.
    Pretty much the point you’re repeating now in fact.

• 139 Jib // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM

This post is meant for Reilly ( but if it fits , wear it )
    I have recently returned from Spain and a lot of the bars there rely on the Kodi addon ZEM (it’s Pakistani ) for their sport.
    It looks good and stable
    Most of you should already have Fusion in your repository
    Heres the usual step by step

• 140 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Tsunki, this is what seperates you from the borg. You add a lot to the blog and are actually quite a funny man. 😉
    You know, i wasn’t too offended by reilly last night because i nearly pissed myself. That’s just the way i am. That was funny. Even funnier if it wasn’t meant to be a joke! 😉

• 141 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:29 PM

Bobby I knew it. I knew I wasn’t part of the collective, simply because I wouldn’t have to keep asking what was going on 🙂 I would already know.

• 142 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Yo yo, fair do’s, but butchered is very subjective. How i view it, they were butchered, because police prevented fans escaping when it got bad. Immediately they jumped to the wrong conclusion and prevented lives being saved. I’ve been so close to people at spurs and that look in their eyes was haunting. The terror. Being unable to save yourself. When you see that in peoples eyes, you know they aren’t up for kicking off. They were terrified and pushed back down to die. My opinion – butchered. The nazi victims – imo, butchered. I don’t see how it was relevent to ask me to compare the two. Both die a terrible death at the hands of others. I don’t see any murder as slightly less serious than any other.

• 143 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Tsunki, pmsl. 😉

• 144 beermonkey // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:31 PM

jib

thanks for that it looks ok

• 145 Rotonda heights // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:32 PM

welsh at 71

my little brain really enjoyed that lol !!

• 146 Jib // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Beermonkey
    I meant to mention it before.
    But there has been so much gunfire on the blog the last few days I forgot.

• 147 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Tsunki, you know who the borg were, dontcha? So many people never heard of them on here, i was shocked. Gutted in fact, spoilt what was actually imo quite a funny piece of comparison. What a waste eh? 😉

• 148 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM

OK Jib looks like you’ve been doing your homework on Kodi I’ll have a go at that but if it fails,and turns my tablet into an induction job I’ll be on your case.

• 149 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:38 PM

Induction hob. Autocorrect does me no favours at all

• 150 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Well first post tonight I was going to address Jail as Locutus but the opportunity never came up.

I think Belfast would make a smashing Seven of Nine

• 151 beermonkey // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:43 PM

jib

it would have got lost
    i think ed should have a word limit some posts are as long as a book

• 152 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Ha ha, ya got it tsunki! I’m no trekkie myself, but even i knew who the borg were. I thought everyone watched star trek. 🙂

• 153 reilly // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM

very good add on for sports i was using it for awhile.

• 154 Jail for Ashley // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Bit out of order AA Gill saying but Mary Beard is god damn ugly.

• 155 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Reilly, your parting shot last night? Class marra. Seriously, best put down of the night and i nearly pissed myself laughing. 🙂

• 156 stestickle // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:52 PM

i use kodi all the time mostly zem and phoenix never had any problems only use it on my pc tho as i have good malware software havnt used it on phone or tablet yet

• 157 reilly // Apr 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM

this isnt a bad one for match days its had some good reviews.

• 158 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM

We are going to 3-0 this weekend.

• 159 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Win

• 160 Munster Mag // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Bobby mate, if you love rafa more than hba, get over him. Rafa wudnt let him near the team. We can all say what we like but rafa has never been considered a manager who entertains showboaters . His football is considered functional and pragmatic. Just what we need as a club, but forget your ben arfas.

• 161 Tsunki // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Welsh just saw your post at 83 about that disturbed track. it’s been out some time but my lad hadn’t heard it until I played him it, now he loves it. Never really liked the doleful sound of Simon, I actually like this version a lot better than the original.

• 162 jimmysmith // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Good description of the Hillsborough Tragedy, for those less familiar.

• 163 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Haven’t read the article nor any of the other comments barring the first comment from Jail – “Ashley Out unless we keep Rafa”

Seriously mate? With or without Rafa Ashley has to go. I’d sooner see Rafa walk from the club if it meant being rid of Ashley.

Rafa is a world class coach but would I be able to live with myself if Ashley leaving meant Rafa also left the club? 100%

• 164 Bobbybee // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Munster, he’s gone mate and will never return, but nice memories he left behind. It was said memories that stirred my emotion. Better to have memories than nothing at all. 🙂

• 165 Quixotic // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Hello Boys

Just give me time to change this username to something more familiar, and then we can all have a lovely chat.

• 166 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Tsunki

I didn’t know that song was out a couple of years ago, I haven’t listened to them for a while, if your son likes that song he will like 10 thousand fists in the air album that’s their best album, going back to that song though first time i heard it from disturbed i thought wow, i knew he had a powerful voice but didn’t realise it was that powerful.

• 167 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Forgot to add on the 10 thousand fists in the air album they done a cover version of Phil Collins Genesis song land of confusion, very good.

• 168 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:50 PM

That should be Newcastles song, one of the best lines in that song, to many people making to many problems.

• 169 welshgeordie9 // Apr 27, 2016 at 10:55 PM