Cheick Tiote Thankful For The Chance

Cheick Tiote has made a great comeback into the first team at Newcastle, after Rafa Benitez has tried to use the experienced players he has available at Newcastle to try to avoid relegation.

In fact Rafa is using both Papiss Cisse and Cheick Tiote as starters at the moment – and that was after they had both been accused of being bad eggs in Newcastle´s dressing room – a charge that seems to have been completely unfounded.

cheick tiote southampton ayg 2015

Cheick Tiote – reinvigorated by Rafa Benitez

That claim was originally made by Express writer John Richardson on September 20th after Newcastle had started the season with only two points from their first six games of the season and we had just lost 2-1 at home to Watford the previous day.

All kinds of journalists were only too willing to stick the boot into Newcastle.

Cheick has been in good form for Newcastle in the last few vital games and Benitez seems to have reinvigorated the 29 year-old defensive midfielder whose contract at Newcastle runs out a year come June.

This is what Cheick has said today:

“I am glad I still have chance to help the club stay up. It would be really sad to see Newcastle in the Championship because it is a massive club. That is why we fight to stay up.”

“If we get three points from that we can think ahead – confidence will be high and we will get more belief.”

“We still believe now and that is why we will fight every game.”

“Maybe the fans want us to beat Alan Pardew, but for the players we know what is in our mind and we don’t think of Alan Pardew, we just have to win the game.

“I had a really good time under Alan Pardew, but that is in the past and we just have to win this game.”

Newcastle can still avoid the drop if we can somehow win our last three games – two of which are at home.

Certainly the fans are expecting a win on Saturday.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Crystal Palace?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Rafa will be giving his press conference tomorrow, although we are not expecting any good news on the injury front with Colo and Janmaat still out and Yoan Gouffran and Steven Taylor coming back from injuries.

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Repost from last thread:

Jail

Pardew was contracted until 2020 – what’s your point?

As for what do we do? We treat every single bloody move by the football club with the cynical disdain it deserves.

Think your moniker is in need of an update “Probation for Ashley” or “Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Ashley” may be more appropriate mate…

As for this thread – shut up Tiote you absolute waste of space. You’re the embodiment of the kind of wasteful, complacency that has gotten our club into this royal mess we find ourselves in. Damn bloody right you should be grateful for the fact that you’re not royally booed every time you pull on a shirt you muppet.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Damn ciaran youre going to really hurt Tiote feelings WHEN he reads that… 😉

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:41 PM

Mr “James Williamson” aged 18 seems to remember my actual name despite the fact I haven’t posted under that name for nearly a year during which time he was not on the blog…

The many-faced god is at it again…

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:42 PM

James Williamson?

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Search Barnoldswickmag on Google ciaran. That’s when I started posting. 🙂

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Regardless, you’re one of the multiples, of which I have no inclination to actually engage with you or your poorly constructed sentences – Ian always struggled with the words “your” and “you’re” as well; yet another thing you have in common with him.

• Bobbybee

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Ruddy! I am shaken to my boots! Are you hinting that you sense slight hypocrisy in that borg member? Gang alert! Lmfao. 😉 😉

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:47 PM

I have literally no idea what you’re talking about.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Left a post on previous.
    Ruddy,
    Definitely don’t need to update my moniker as I’m not giving Ashley any credit at all for hiring Benitez as like I’ve said many times it was a last roll of the dice for him, nothing to do with the good of the club. But Rafa isn’t here for the short term if his passion is to be believed, the ball is in the fat mans court.

• Bobbybee

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM

I refer to the poster know as jail. Sorry for any confusion. 😉

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM

Judging my sentences? I guess my B grade in English literature was just a fluke, or maybe I just don’t care enough on a blog.

For the record I’m not a multiple, in terms of the fact that I can’t just switch between them willy-nilly. This is the only one I have access to. But have it your way, sorry my standards aren’t as good as yours mate.

• BandB

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Bobby

You have made being ganged up on the centrepiece of your appeal for sympathy after your intemperate outbursts.

I have been just a touch gang-banged in this last 24 hours. Did your borg alert fire?

No offence, marra.
    Keep ya snout clean and we’ll forget aarl aboot it.

• Bobbybee

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:51 PM

I think i’m actually with jail on this one. He wants to stay imo. We need to make it happen. Or Ashley does, it’s kinda out of our hands – although we can let him know, that can’t hurt.

• BandB

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:52 PM

🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:54 PM

Bobby,
    How are you sensing hypocrisy, my feelings on Ashley are clear and always have been. We have a top manager in charge and I’m getting behind the team, how am I a hypocrite

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:56 PM

Rafa went from managing Real Madrid, Napoli and Inter Milan in recent years to managing us – he’s not in it for the long-term people.

I don’t want to be vindicated, but Ashley’s chronic mismanagement of the club has left me vindicated time and time again, and I feel no satisfaction. In fact, it leaves me more saddened and disheartened by the likes of you lot who are still – after nearly a decade of this man pillaging our club – who are still buying tickets to go watch that shambles of a team hoping for the best.

But content yourselves with the thought that when he pisses Benitez off, then you’ll all do something about it…yeah I’m sure you all will.

• BandB

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:58 PM

I guess they might just need a bit more time than you to completely change your mind Ruddy

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Ruddy,
    Surely with a top manager at the helm we have to see how it goes before fearing the worst.

• BandB

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:59 PM

And that’s 11pm.

Sleep tight bloggers.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:01 PM

BandB

F**k it, doesn’t matter any more. Newcastle United will always be my club, but the love and respect I once had for my fellow supporters has been irreparably damaged.

My only solace is the belief that I’ll at least hope to see the back of Ashley and see the club run as a sporting institution again – but it doesn’t look to be coming any time soon.

• BandB

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Jail,

Have you stopped fearing the worst then?
    Leopards, spots?

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Jail

And that is where you and I differ. You still have hope. Fair play mate.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Hey, how lucky is this blog to have a psychic? Ciaran has clearly foreseen into the future.

Your life must be great, every little bit of hope squashed out by your incredible knack of being a realist.

You must be a blast at parties, that is if you get invited.

• Average_Contents

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:04 PM

Gangbanged….

How very rude BandB. Welcome back by the way.

Would of welcomed you earlier but it appeared you had your hands full in that car park (made me chuckle that Tsunki)

Tsunki

From a few nights ago – I’ll let you know how it is. We fly on the 11th of August for 14 nights. Playa pesquero is the resort.

Kids first time away

• Fostino

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:04 PM

Rafa not afraid to drop anyone. Time to give arrons a go instead of perez on the left. Wini or sdj off the main striker then.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:04 PM

Foreseen into the future? Not an actual turn of phrase mate; either seen into the future or foreseen the future. Guess that B wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:05 PM

Ruddy…… Have you been involved in the junior doctors strike?

• BandB

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:05 PM

I bet your party list is packed Rob.
    Neckbeard of the Month.
    Smirk of the Century,
    Blackhead of the Millennium?

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Betty

I’m not a doctor so I don’t see why I would have been.

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Jeezus.
    Do you’se think I’m a fcukin idiot, I know what the man is all about, I’ve been harping on about it for nearly eight years now. But we have a top manager in charge who’s came in from a position of strength with his own terms and conditions and we could quite possibly be on the verge of finally being successful, I’m not going to kick off about Benitez walking out next year until it happens.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:07 PM

A ‘B’ isn’t a perfect grade, like my writing isn’t perfectly wrote. But there you go again pointing out the negative things… Like I said, ‘a real blast’.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Bb

Thought you didn’t want to speak to me? Don’t you have better things to do?

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Jail

My point is that it doesn’t matter is Pep f**king Guardiola manages us so long as Mike Ashley is the owner this club is going nowhere fast. How is that concept a difficult one to grasp?!?

• jimmysmith

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Napoli and Inter are not dissimilar in size to Newcastle. Rafa was a surprise choice at Madrid, and was predictably short lived. His family lives on Merseyside. He’s a great fit at Newcastle in the EPL, less so in the Championship, so if we stay up I’m sure he’ll stay, 50/50 if we go down. Ashley being Ashley, you might expect a falling out somewhere along the line, but if Benitez can bring a sustained competitiveness, why then wouldn’t Ashley continue to back him.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Jail

That’s a totally reasonable approach and also fair to all parties. Ciaran doesn’t want his last bit of hope to be crushed In front of him. But I guess thats what happens when you support NUFC.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:11 PM

I was merely dismissing you in a witheringly condescending way by pointing out the construct of your argument rather than its substance as your substance was a personal jibe.

If I have to explain it to you then it kind of loses its impact..,

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Ciaran everyone knows what you mean. They just don’t agree with it.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:13 PM

Sheffield Wednesday isn’t dissimilar in size to Chelsea but they are miles apart in stature – that’s my point about Napoli and Inter; these are teams with stature and credibility. We’re not.

Let’s stop pointing to our stadium as a reason for success.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:15 PM

Ciaran, I know it was condescending.

You still pointed out the mistake in my writing but I guess you couldn’t help yourself.

• jimmysmith

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:17 PM

Stadium, crowds, league, revenue, potential.