The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Star – This Is What Benitez Brings To Newcastle

6:00 pm, Thursday, April 28th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 159 Comments

Cheick Tiote was supposed to be off to the Chinese Premier League in January but the move didn’t come off.

Cheick stayed on at Newcastle and since Rafa Benitez came a short seven weeks ago tomorrow, he has rejuvenated the 53 times capped Ivory Coast International defensive midfielder.

Rafa has used Cheick’s massive experience to play just in front of the back four,  as a means of strengthening what has been a weak defense at Newcastle for far too long.

rafa benitez cheick tiote

Rafa Benitez and Cheick Tiote against Manchester City

And Cheick has turned in some top performances in the last few games and he seems to be a completely revitalized footballer who still has a lot to give to the side.

Rafa doesn’t mess around and if you don’t give 100% or take your chance when you get it in the first team – you simply don’t stay in the team.

Jonjo Shelvey and Gini Wijnaldum have already found that out and are currently on the bench for Newcastle.

Cheick has been interviewed and you can see the Rafa way of managing his players in what Cheick says.

He was asked what Rafa has done differently since he arrived on Tyneside:

“He brings a different mentality. Everyone knows that if they don’t perform they will be on the bench. That is good for the team. Everyone has to fight for their chance.”

“We believe in ourselves and work hard as a team and we have to do the same thing.”

“When he gives you a chance you have to fight for your place to stay in the team. If you are Tiote, or another player, you have to fight to stay in the Premier League.”

“It is a very, very important game against Palace. We need to do everything. Everything we have been doing for the last four games. We have to win this game.”

“We have Crystal Palace on Saturday, one game. We focus on that game and do everything we can. If we get three points we can think of the next two games.”

“When I am fit and well I always play and do my best.” “But when I am not 100% it is difficult. I always try my best.”

“I have to improve and give everything 100%. That is what I am doing now.”

You know – something tells us that Cheick is completely motivated right now.

🙂

We really hope Tiote can turn in another star performance for the side on Saturday against Crystal Palace.

If Rafa Benitez stays with us for next season, whether that’s in the Premier League or the Championship, we would expect Cheick to see out the last year of his contract on Tyneside.

Rafa is already getting the best out of the 29 year-old Ivorian.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Crystal Palace?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League

159 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Hang on – Pardew isn’t in this one! Am I on the right day?

• 2 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM

BandB ha ha so you have been reading.

• 3 Mister Tuff // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Hahahaha – the blog does not disappoint -excellent stuff – BandB is casting her beady eye on the blog.
    Tremendous stuff.

• 4 Jib // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM

I know the true story !

BandB was sacked by the Mag for splitting her infinitives !

• 5 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:28 PM

BandB

Oh on my post on last thread and in Blog Archive I omitted to add that “off” is an expression oft used on here and usually means for the day or so.

Yours was more like that young character on Corrie who went upstairs to do her home work and returned some years later as a young woman except unfortunately you haven’t changed. Will leave you for awhile with you adoring audience so you can make some regal waves.

• 6 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:29 PM

So pokat (I was there when you revealed by the way) are you against multiples?

• 7 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Bb

Oh look it’s calling me out. It’s trying to communicate.

• 8 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Jib

That was a fantastic bit of sleuthing even I didn’t know that 🙂

• 9 Jib // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Rob Vollans , Winrose Drive , Leeds , L10

• 10 Jib // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:33 PM

whoops where did that come from ?
    must have gone off in me hand !

• 11 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Tuff,

I understand your annoyance. I can’t complain.
    I hope you’ll think it a small price to pay for being exonerated of the charge of batman, wingman, borg member etc in future, as surely they can’t have it both ways.

• 12 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Lmao that ain’t me, let’s just say I’m rather slim.

• 13 Ron Knee // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Is that a Masonic handshake?

• 14 Mister Tuff // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Tremendous stuff – ferrets in the sack quicker than expected.
    I’ll have to go for a cuppa.
    Tremendous.

• 15 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

BandB

still lurking a moment in case you respond and have to say that the scolding of Tuff you presumably refer to at 11 wasn’t even on the scale of a “savaging by a dead sheep”.

His glowing accolade @ 3 was entirely out of the blue I had to read it twice to make sure he was talking about you.

Makes me feel small that I can’t take my beatings like a real man should 🙂

• 16 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

BandB….. Did you mention last night that you had been poorly?

• 17 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:43 PM

Betty

Yeah it did.

• 18 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Ymfb….. Maybe if you offer some sort of explanation for your strange behaviour , you may be able to redeem yourself and become accepted again.

• 19 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Mister Tuff

She’s at it again – bringing out the worst in you and your analogies – leave them in the attic gathering dust. She may desert you as quick as she came.

• 20 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Strange behaviour? Redeem myself for what? My opinions not allowed? Have I said something?

• 21 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I feel a lot of tension on here. Some real animosity. Relax lads (and lasses if you’re on here as well). Take deep breaths. I’ll have some words of wisdom for you. As Official Blog Sage it’s a lot of work to be even more wise than usual. I’ve got a lot of irons in the fire you know. Pressure to meet my Senior Official Blog Journo deadlines. Running Manly Men Inc., a vast business empire, keeping an eye on beermonkey…It’s a lot of pressure so back off you lot! Just give me a little breathing space! Harrumph!!!

• 22 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Ymfb….. Please yourself, at least I tried. Quit the “it” stuff though it’s unpleasant, unfunny and unacceptable.

• 23 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Hire it G2, it’s very manly.

• 24 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:51 PM

If there is an official blog sage, is there also an official blog onion? And if so, does that lead to an official blog stuffing?

• 25 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:52 PM

I don’t get involved in personal tiffs YMFB. But calling a person it isn’t the way forward. Shame on you young man.

• 26 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM

G2……….. Where’s Jesper? He must realise that comebacks are possible now.

• 27 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM

BandB

You’ve gone purple. You used to be green. (Mobile site icon)

• 28 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Am off ( probably not forever in case BandB misinterprets the time lapse as it is something she struggles with) as the evening ( and more importantly mine) will be consumed by BandB making up for lost time by endless baiting of no consequence to anything but her own amusement ( oh and her starving fans).

Look in later – might be June but what’s a few months 🙂

• 29 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Maybe it’s (Not bb) just banter… But fine il stop.

I truly don’t know what I’ve said to lose respect though, I’m barely on here anyway.

• 30 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM

There is indeed YCMIU mate. I’ve put it all on me Summer Solstice Celebration of Silliness list. The Official Blog pheasant will be served with all the trimmings. Only people of great seriosity will be invited. Beermonkey can come if he behaves himself. Tsunki is invited as are many others. Ibiza can come but jesper is not invited unless he comes back on here and gets involved.

• 31 jimmysmith // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Rafa has instilled shape, discipline and fight, but we also have players who can do a lot more individually, particularly in the final third. Townsend has shone in this regard, but we have others in Sissoko, Widjnaldum, that are more than capable of joining him. We need three big games from those three good players, and a couple of goals from Cisse to separate us from those other two sides, who would love to have any or all of them.

• 32 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:58 PM

G2

Weren’t you just keeping a seat (throne) warm? Don’t get too carried away with your new role you no doubt know what happens on Game of Thrones 🙂

• 33 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:59 PM

G2

There seems to be a lot of anger on here lately. There has always been a bit of niggle, but it’s off the map at the moment. Maybe a little daftness is required to lighten the tone

• 34 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Shame on me, whilst jib is racist…

• 35 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Magscar don’t be like that. We need all the bloggers we can get. Very good then YMFB. Harrumph….Jesper is just being stubborn bettys mate. He’ll be back. He’s been quietly reading the blog and getting updates from Ibiza as well. I know those two by now. Old budgie smugglers never change….

• 36 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:00 PM

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

• 37 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:00 PM

whoops where did that come from ?
    must have gone off in me hand !

• 38 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Jimmy

I think sissoko in particular has lifted his game under rafa. Townsend is thriving too. I think it is all a little too late, but you never know

• 39 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:02 PM

I’ve detected it as well YCMIU mate. Colour me quite concerned. I never get carried away with my roles magscar. It hasn’t gone to my heed at all. Hoy beermonkey! Where’s my basket of grapes and flagon of ale? I just can’t believe the quality of the help these days…..

• 40 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Golden rule for ANY GoT character….

When things finally start to go right for you, YOU DIE!

• 41 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Very nice post from jimmysmith @31. Actually talking footy. Rafa has lifted the entire squad just in time. Three quick wins and then a rest before completely re-working our squad this summer. Well done Rafa!

• 42 Ron Knee // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Has Firebug posted recently?

• 43 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:07 PM

What about tequila?

• 44 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Good evening Welshie my little Cumberworld lubberwort.

• 45 Mister Tuff // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM

BandB – just saw your post – will respond before going for a cuppa.
    I think a lot of folk are on “high doh” at the moment. Generally I do not really care – wrong word – better – I am not really affected by other peoples opinions on here as I’m sure most will agree with. It forms the basis of dialogue/argument/attack. I like (cannot help myself) to hoy some wit into things – some folk get the gags and some folk dont or do not want to. Equally something entirely ridiculous can be muttered for a reaction – and some want to be quick to jump in to respond with a rebuke or an offensive comment.
    With the passage of time and much testing of the waters by various “devices” it does become clear it is the same folk who want to be offended by specific individuals – from a historical and non current standpoint.
    Sometimes – certain folk are given leeway for their bad behavious and all sorts of excuses invented on their behalfs’ (is that spelt right) but the same “facilities”are not accorded to others who may offend in exactly the same way.
    This is a long winded version of agreeing that some folk do want it both ways or put it another way there are quite shameless displays of double standards -hypocrisy – views/comment not dependent on the subject matter -but who says it.
    Whilst it is a tad annoying – not overly so – certain stances are expected from certain people.
    We should all know “the form book” now.
    Keep your pecker up -the blog is funny at times, informative and due to it’s format, self policing (is there) without doubt the best NUFC blog.
    Please note by using the word pecker I did not want to infer you had a big nose.

• 46 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Ron

Just back here myself, so don’t know when Firebug last posted, but i follow hus twitter, and he hasnt tweeted since 23rd of feb. Hope he is ok.

• 47 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:09 PM

It’s another tequila sunrise
    Starin’ slowly ‘cross the sky, said goodbye
    Rafa was just a hired hand
    Workin’ on the dreams he planned to try
    The days go by

• 48 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:10 PM

G2

It was a word to the wise – I know you were growing into your role as Blog Sage and which no one else would touch but once she has done with us you are next in line. Make a quick exit back to jester or courtier role – it makes sense 🙂

• 49 anthc // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:10 PM

What happened to talking about football?
    It’s been more like mens weekly of late and who can insult who the best.
    Crystal palace isn’t going to be as easy as alot of people think. There will be alot of nerves and tension amongst our players until we score. Heaven forbid they score first!
    I’m going for a one goal margin win for the toon and hopefully norwich and sunderland lose putting the pressure back on them.

• 50 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I named my hard drive “dat ass” so once a month my computer asks if I want to ‘back dat ass up’.

Ha ha ha

• 51 dok - the horrid colonial // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:10 PM

BandB,

may I say im more than pleased to see you posting again…

hope springs eternal that youll stay as well 🙂

• 52 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:13 PM

I also want everyone to know I haven’t forgotten my role as Official Blog Curmudgeon either. BandB and Mr. Tuff do their best but I’ve got them beat. Still, this isn’t the time for such talk. Victory! We march on to victory!!!!

• 53 Ron Knee // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:13 PM

YCMIU

Yes, it’s been a while. He said his wife was in Turkey. Maybe he’s with her there?

• 54 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I’m gonna throw up…

• 55 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:14 PM

G2

You simply can’t claim all the hats – be fair and play nicely

• 56 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Hmmm. I’ll think about it magscar mate. But I’ve got a lot to offer as Official Blog Sage. I’m not just another pretty face with stovepipes and a trilby you know.. Harrumph….

• 57 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Cover your mouth before you throw up YMFB…. or is that for sneezing?

• 58 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:15 PM

anthc

what happened to talking about football? – she did!

• 59 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Figure of speech…

• 60 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:17 PM

I always play fairly nicely magscar mate. You should know that. I haven’t got all the hats….yet. I’m still waiting for Ed to offer me Blog Supreme Commander in Chief… For some reason it hasn’t come through yet? Puzzling…..

• 61 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM

G2@56

OOOHH you are brave – good job you’re hidden away in Canada

• 62 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Rafa has the squad working hard and competing for starting 11 positions. Something McTosser never did. And he uses his subs well. McTosser was hopeless at that as well. Leave it to Charnley to find someone as bad as Carver to hire….

• 63 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Hahahahah, shame on you G2.

• 64 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Your point being magscar @61?

• 65 GeordieTwo // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Off for a bit. Enjoy the day lads and lasses. Don’t take any of this too seriously. I have a lot of fun on here or I wouldn’t bother. The nasty stuff is boring.

• 66 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Mister Tuff@45

That was a very long winded explanation of why Band B was offended by Martoon and I – I reckon we both got it earlier today but it may clarify matters for her if she stays with it 🙂

• 67 magscar // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:27 PM

G2@84

meaning the one and only Sage will try to find you – sorry if I seemed threatening not intended 🙂

• 68 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Leave BandB alone, she’s the princess of this blog.

• 69 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:31 PM

What would make night is Liverpool losing 4-0.

• 70 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Won’t be long now before our former hero will be back at St James Park this weekend.

• 71 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Welshie…… Why don’t you buy a camel? You’ve got a couple of humps to start you off .

• 72 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn…

• 73 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Might make some banners up for him.

• 74 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Where can I buy a camel from, Amaazon perhaps, how much is post and package.

Ha ha ha

• 75 reilly // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:39 PM

i heard you can get knock off ones on aliexpress. ;lol:

• 76 Jib // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Welshie
    You get camels from – http://www.alibaba.com/

• 77 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Amazon

• 78 Jib // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Reilly – snap

• 79 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:45 PM

You know that gets you in trouble Welsh when you mention he who is unmentionable. Notice you got no comeback , if you want some go and lick that sheeps face.

• 80 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Cheers both, get some chips as well for Betty’s shoulder.

Ha ha ha

• 81 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:48 PM

I think dromedaries are cheaper but you only get one hump.

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Betty

Who’s unmentionable.

• 83 Mister Tuff // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Magscar – my attempt at War and Peace was a general observation and non specific – held for some time.

It is bloody lashing down with snow at the minute -luckily it is not lying.
    And just been rebuked by the missus for wasting my time by not doing my diy jobs but sorting out some fishing tackle for my holis. That’s me in the bad books now.

• 84 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Mister Tuff …….. They’re all the same upside down. Sheep of course.

• 85 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Sheep jokes… Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

• 86 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 7:59 PM

YCMIU

There are lots of purple accessories just come onto the market.

It’s a new account.

• 87 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Hope there’s goals in this match, both teams are good but Villarreal are very good at home.

• 88 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:10 PM

YMFB……Thers a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking an idiot.

• 89 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:13 PM

ali got 3 games! good for us, not so good for him…

• 90 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Not trying to get you to bite, I just find you pathetic. Should I keep that to myself? Probs best not to tarnish my ‘reputation’ any more.

• 91 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Oops…

• 92 martoon // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:52 PM

BandB – “Martoon. Last week I asked Ibiza to post an email explaining my reasons for choosing to post elsewhere for now.
    You chose to insinuate that instead I had deserted the blog, and by implication the club, because I am the sort of fair-weather fan who can’t stomach a relegation. Creepy is the word.”
    Absolute b*ll*cks that’s not what I posted at all. I can’t find the post now (one for you jib) but I said it was disappointing if the reason she wasn’t posting any more was because of relegation squabbles. At no point did I insinuate she was a fair weather supporter and had deserted the club. A complete fabrication from a twisted mind.

• 93 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Martoon.

I think it’s time you and I had a serious chat.
    Would you like that?
    Or would you like to ask Jib?

• 94 Average_Contents // Apr 28, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Well done volleys, you’ve killed the blog so I guess your work is done here….

• 95 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Very quick one. Liverpool drawing 0-0. Nowt specials so far. Fan logic. We drew with city and liverpool, who drew with real madrid – this games still on. Ergo, we must be as good as real madrid.
    Real life. If only.
    May i recall bobby bobby mr blobby blobby, blobby blobby. False personas. 😉

• 96 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Bobby

Quite.

• 97 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:13 PM

BandB……….. I asked earlier, did you say you had been poorly?

• 98 martoon // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:20 PM

BandB @93 – No thank-you because everything I say you twist around to insinuate I’m having a pop at you so we’ll just draw a line under it and leave it there.

• 99 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:20 PM

I’m not here to ‘kill the blog’. I also find it hilarious that you all think that you’ve sussed who I am. You will never know, never. I keep myself to myself, I don’t have a twitter account either. The name vollens is growing on me though. Maybe I should make a new account or I should change my username. You guys think that because you’ve found a Newcastle fan from Barnoldswick he has to be me. Half of my family support Newcastle so that already discredits your findings.

• 100 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:20 PM

betty

It’s alright Betty,
    It happened serving Queen and Country.
    I never…….(Terry Collier limp and pats leg) ….talk about it.

• 101 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:21 PM

I won’t though Martoon.
    You say you’ll live.
    We’ll see x

• 102 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Goodluck martoon with her on your case.

I see it already…

‘R.I.P Martoon

A great and invaluable member of the Nufc blog society’

• 103 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Rob………….Narure wasn’t satisfied with denying you the ability to think, it’s endowed you with the ability to write.

• 104 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Sorry Rob ….nature not narure.

• 105 Tsunki // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Ymfb, Rob Vollans – I don’t know what you are trying to evoke with mention of Pokat – these days I refer to it as a joke, and I think others do ( after the hurt some expressed at being betrayed by a pseudo character): if you are wondering how I feel about multiple accounts and IF you really were there when I fessed up to it, you’ll know it was a slightly daft experiment to show how easy it was for the malevolent and mischievous to gang up on others by such a device. It was always destined to be outed.

And then you came along doing just that, topping off with a character I thought might be genuine, the hospital bound, tragic but philosophical Toon from Leeds. So, Rob, TFL, ymfb – and others no doubt – what is your point, again? I think I know what you are up to, and if you want to make an issue with me, go ahead.

• 106 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:48 PM

A fishing rod is a stick with a worm at one end and a fool at the other.

• 107 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:51 PM

On topic, I was very surprised at the amount of posters that thought it would be “good business” to get rid of Tiote in January considering the position we were/are in, we couldn’t afford to get rid of anyone, even Willo but after reading that excellent report by the Swiss ramble it shows exactly what it’s all been about.

• 108 beermonkey // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:51 PM

tsunki

what makes you think he is vollens

• 109 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Well this is a crap match, Liverpool will probably win the 2nd leg now.

• 110 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Jail…. You seem to be a big Willo fan recently.

• 111 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Can’t believe after I said that, Villarreal scores.

Ha ha ha

You couldn’t make it up.

• 112 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Every time i say something, the complete opposite happens.

• 113 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:02 PM

I should be on Britains got talent.

Ha ha ha

• 114 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Swallocks,
    Always been a big Mike Williamson fan, player of the season a couple of times, gave his absolute all, not his fault that he was never replaced with a PL standard CB. Very telling that a player judged to be of so low a standard and a non “purple” has more appearances than every other player over the last five years and more than many of them put together.

• 115 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:03 PM

WelshGeordie

Your backfiring predictions during matches are possibly the most endearing thing on this blog, and possibly the entire internet.

• 116 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:06 PM

I know, what a bummer for the pool (snigger). They can turn that round though, villareal don’t look that good to be honest. So, in fan logic, although we’re as good as real madrid, villareal are just better. Real life. Where do you get it from? 😉 Not the most exciting match, in fact, not good at all. Lallana did his usual trick of giving it away cheaply in midfield and they never touched it again until they restarted the game. Decent goal, but again, nowt flash.

• 117 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:07 PM

BandB

It’s happened a few times when I say this player is crap in a match then seconds later he scores a cracker, or like tonight this game is crap or it’s going to end in a draw then again seconds later someone scores, maybe i should do my predictions for our match against palace.

• 118 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Well said jail, totally agree there.

• 119 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:09 PM

That’s the spirit welshie, you keep believing we’re doomed mate and you know for a fact we won’t be! lmao. The opposite always occurs. That’s one helluva skill ya got thete marra! 😉

• 120 bettyswallocks // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Jail…….. Good solid defender, but I suppose you get the same performance from him week in week out. Woeful on the ball though and got dog’ s abuse on here for a long time.

• 121 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM

You certainly have a track record WelshGeordie.
    And you are always so genuinely stunned.
    That’s a definite gift from God you have there, and we should all cherish it.

• 122 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Look, I’ve fessed up many times my previous names. If you cant accept that then that’s your decision. I’m not TFL, im not even aware that he has been outed as a wum. Only back when you were prosecuting me under the name Mr Observant that we were somehow the same person.

You guys want my real name? Fine. Don’t know why you’d care, or why you’d want to search me up on it. But it’s jack Williams and I’m 18. There, now can all this rob voodoo end? You guys were wrong, now swallow that fact and move on.

• 123 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Welshie, can’t remember how many times i got slated for defending willo as well. What he lacked in talent, he made up for in effort and commitment.

• 124 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Keep being yourself young man, you don’t owe anyboy on here an explanation. 😉

• 125 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:15 PM

If i say now Darlow won’t score this weekend, do you think that will work or am i pushing it.

• 126 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:16 PM

But a club can only carry a few of those players if they want to survive in the league Bobby. We had:-

-Taylor(R)(S)
    -Gutierrez
    -Colback
    -dummett
    -Williamson
    -Cisse

Too many and that’s without the usual suspects.

• 127 beermonkey // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:16 PM

jail

part of willos problem was pardew
    our set pieces were lets float the ball at willo
    it never worked he never scored
    but it wasnt his fault thats what the manager them to do

i was quite happy to see him go
    but when u look back most of the stuff he got abuse for wernt his fault

• 128 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Bobbybee

I’ve rated him, he’s had good performances and bad, but then so does every other player.

• 129 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:17 PM

That last post needs to be read in a brian clough accent. 😉

• 130 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:19 PM

We have had plenty of rubbish defenders in the past so i wouldn’t put Williamson on that list.

• 131 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:20 PM

Predictions I would like from you Welsh.

1) We will be relegated.
    2) I will die before I’m ninety.
    3) Bobby Bee will never, ever, stop taking himself totally seriously as a commentator on events.

• 132 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:20 PM

Welshie, now ya just being silly. You just carry on convincing yourself we’re doomed, that’ll do nicely. 🙂

• 133 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Bobby

I know mate, but sometimes people just have to put a face to writing. The fact that they were just so certain that I was Rob was too good an opportunity to not correct them. As you know for some reason being right on this blog is vital. Each to there own.

• 134 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Band B 😉

• 135 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:22 PM

On the matter of Saturday’s game, I’m fairly confident we’ll win this one. Pardew will field a weakened side and claim the FA Cup as his reasoning and we’ll walk over his shambly assembled cohorts thus giving us a good chance to stay up.

I was sure we wouldn’t get relegated, then was convinced we were going down, now recent results have me thinking we’ll stay up – so I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about.

Crazy season. Think we might actually stay up now but it’s embarrassing that it’s even come to this.

As for boycotting? How could that happen when all it takes to appease the most ardent anti-Ashley supporters is to whack Rafa Benitez in for 10 games.

NB: Rafa will be gone at the first sight of a half-decent club (which is a list of hundreds of clubs in comparison to where we are) – he’s not staying with us longer than a year regardless of whether we stay up or down.

• 136 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Swallocks,
    He wasn’t good enough to be first choice, nothing to do with Pardew or set pieces. It was purely down to the upper managements refusal to replace him until they thought a bargain came up, when Mbwia came along they fcuked that up by insisting on sticking to the “purple” plan.

• 137 welshgeordie9 // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Tell you what, I’m going to leave it for Saturday and during the match i will come up with something to say and see if it works again.

• 138 Munster Mag // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Rubbish bobby he got sent off deliberately! 🙂
    Re palace etc, yes we need to win, but our problem is sunderland. Norwjch are goosed IMO but i think sunderland can still drop a point along the way and blow us out on goal difference. We needed arsenal to shoe them but that was NEVER going to happen. Sam’s appointment may be the worst thing that happened to us this season, besides holding onto smc too long, as i said the day the hippo was appointed. He has done some job given they were looking certain to go. I will live with relegation, if we keep rafa. In the meantime those of u at the games are duty bound to raise the roof for those of us who cant be there.

• 139 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Ruddy,
    Do you think Rafa is here for a payday?

• 140 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Self credibility is way too overused on this blog.

• 141 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Ruddy,

Like you, I’m a type of duck.
    Effortless on the surface, paddling furiously beneath the water.

• 142 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM

Munster,
    Singing is a lonely business in the Milburn stand.

• 143 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:28 PM

Canny crystal ball you’ve got there ruddy. Is that how ya keep winning the lottery? 🙂 Think it’s too early yet to be predicting things. Or is this a direct challenge to welshie? 😉

• 144 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:30 PM

Whether it’s a payday or simply a route back into the Premier League, my point is that we’re not big enough for Rafa Benitez, nor will we ever be big enough for Rafa Benitez with Ashley and his clowns in charge.

Ashley hasn’t suddenly seen the light and decided to do right by us man! It’s a high rollers gamble to keep us in the league, preserve our PL status (and the TV money that comes with it) all to keep the cash cow flowing.

Delusional to think that this could be the dawn of a new era of a competitive, well-run football club.

• 145 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Yeah Ruddy!
    It’s only a FRIENDLY FFS!!!!!!!!

• 146 martoon // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley @133 – Don’t let it bother you – why does it matter who you are?. We come on here to talk NUFC not bare our soles.
    SO that’s me now outed as a Rob Vollens lover as well as a jib lover 😉

• 147 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Evening munster, you damned hooligan. 😉 i trust you are in fine fettle? What we really needed marra, was to win more bloody games, but what’s done is done. I’m happy to just keep believing until it is no longer an option. 😉

• 148 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM

Lol

Pessimism isn’t even strong enough to describe ciaran.

• 149 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:32 PM

So while Rafa is contracted for three years and genuinely sounds like he wants to bring success we should do what?

• 150 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:33 PM

BandB

Grace and poise was always a strong suit of yours so we’ll go for the swan for your analogy.

Me? I’m more of a goose – think’s he’s harder than he actually is!

• 151 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:33 PM

What a lot of slavver!

• 152 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Jail

Pardew was contracted until 2020 – what’s your point?

As for what do we do? We treat every single bloody move by the football club with the cynical disdain it deserves.

Think your moniker is in need of an update “Probation for Ashley” or “Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Ashley” may be more appropriate mate…

• 153 BandB // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Sorry Ruddy,

You seem to have got in the way of Martoon at his oleaginous best.
    He’s the blog Rolo Tomasi, the man who keeps getting away with it.

• 154 Bobbybee // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:39 PM

I love being one of lifes optimists. I’m never down until shit happens, which means i don’t spend months practicing and perparing for it. 😉 The worst that can happen is that I’m sat in my seat watching Championship football next season, and seeing us win games again. That’s the worst! Aye, i’ll be upset for a while but i know from past experience that the reality is i’ll get over it and still enjoy the football. 😉

• 155 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:39 PM

BandB

“Oleaginous” – beautiful word haha

• 156 Jail for Ashley // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:43 PM

I don’t get it, the whole purpose of Ashley Out is that he has had absolute zero ambition for the club and had we been in Palace, Stoke, Swanseas position McCarver wouldn’t have gone any where and we’d be in for more of the same. We’re in a win win if we stay up, Rafa hasn’t been brought in just for the last ten games so of he keeps us up he’s going to bring success, if Ashley fcuks hom off then finally everyone including your bills sons will see through him and that could be the way that gets the ball properly rolling. If he brings regular success I don’t see why we’d want him out.

• 157 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:46 PM

You’re right – the purpose of Ashley Out wasn’t to get Ashley Out…

• 158 martoon // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:47 PM

BandB – You really are a sad little girl – just because you know one or two big words doesn’t make you the intellectual you think you are!

• 159 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Apr 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM

Jail

You’re in a perpetual state of waiting for people to see through him. What that is is a projection of your own failings to see through Ashley – if you have properly seen through Ashley you wouldn’t be, in effect, giving him this “last chance” with Benitez.

I don’t need people like Billson to see through Ashley when I’ve made my own mind up on him. It seems you haven’t though and are willing to give him the benefit for the doubt. That is what I take exception to because this is exactly the kind of reaction MA was hoping to have.

When it comes to Benitez’s inevitable departure, it will more likely come from a bigger club swooping for him rather than MA f**king him off so MA can absolve himself of any blame and you can thank god that we had Benitez for any time at all…

previous post: Worried Pardew Gives His Opinion On Benitez’ Newcastle Side