Newcastle Star – This Is What Benitez Brings To Newcastle

Cheick Tiote was supposed to be off to the Chinese Premier League in January but the move didn’t come off.

Cheick stayed on at Newcastle and since Rafa Benitez came a short seven weeks ago tomorrow, he has rejuvenated the 53 times capped Ivory Coast International defensive midfielder.

Rafa has used Cheick’s massive experience to play just in front of the back four,  as a means of strengthening what has been a weak defense at Newcastle for far too long.

rafa benitez cheick tiote

Rafa Benitez and Cheick Tiote against Manchester City

And Cheick has turned in some top performances in the last few games and he seems to be a completely revitalized footballer who still has a lot to give to the side.

Rafa doesn’t mess around and if you don’t give 100% or take your chance when you get it in the first team – you simply don’t stay in the team.

Jonjo Shelvey and Gini Wijnaldum have already found that out and are currently on the bench for Newcastle.

Cheick has been interviewed and you can see the Rafa way of managing his players in what Cheick says.

He was asked what Rafa has done differently since he arrived on Tyneside:

“He brings a different mentality. Everyone knows that if they don’t perform they will be on the bench. That is good for the team. Everyone has to fight for their chance.”

“We believe in ourselves and work hard as a team and we have to do the same thing.”

“When he gives you a chance you have to fight for your place to stay in the team. If you are Tiote, or another player, you have to fight to stay in the Premier League.”

“It is a very, very important game against Palace. We need to do everything. Everything we have been doing for the last four games. We have to win this game.”

“We have Crystal Palace on Saturday, one game. We focus on that game and do everything we can. If we get three points we can think of the next two games.”

“When I am fit and well I always play and do my best.” “But when I am not 100% it is difficult. I always try my best.”

“I have to improve and give everything 100%. That is what I am doing now.”

You know – something tells us that Cheick is completely motivated right now.

🙂

We really hope Tiote can turn in another star performance for the side on Saturday against Crystal Palace.

If Rafa Benitez stays with us for next season, whether that’s in the Premier League or the Championship, we would expect Cheick to see out the last year of his contract on Tyneside.

Rafa is already getting the best out of the 29 year-old Ivorian.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Crystal Palace?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Tsunki

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Hang on – Pardew isn’t in this one! Am I on the right day?

• Tsunki

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM

BandB ha ha so you have been reading.

• Mister Tuff

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Hahahaha – the blog does not disappoint -excellent stuff – BandB is casting her beady eye on the blog.
    Tremendous stuff.

• Jib

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM

I know the true story !

BandB was sacked by the Mag for splitting her infinitives !

• magscar

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:28 PM

BandB

Oh on my post on last thread and in Blog Archive I omitted to add that “off” is an expression oft used on here and usually means for the day or so.

Yours was more like that young character on Corrie who went upstairs to do her home work and returned some years later as a young woman except unfortunately you haven’t changed. Will leave you for awhile with you adoring audience so you can make some regal waves.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:29 PM

So pokat (I was there when you revealed by the way) are you against multiples?

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Bb

Oh look it’s calling me out. It’s trying to communicate.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:30 PM

Jib

That was a fantastic bit of sleuthing even I didn’t know that 🙂

• Jib

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:33 PM

whoops where did that come from ?
    must have gone off in me hand !

• BandB

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Tuff,

I understand your annoyance. I can’t complain.
    I hope you’ll think it a small price to pay for being exonerated of the charge of batman, wingman, borg member etc in future, as surely they can’t have it both ways.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Lmao that ain’t me, let’s just say I’m rather slim.

• Ron Knee

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Is that a Masonic handshake?

• Mister Tuff

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Tremendous stuff – ferrets in the sack quicker than expected.
    I’ll have to go for a cuppa.
    Tremendous.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

BandB

still lurking a moment in case you respond and have to say that the scolding of Tuff you presumably refer to at 11 wasn’t even on the scale of a “savaging by a dead sheep”.

His glowing accolade @ 3 was entirely out of the blue I had to read it twice to make sure he was talking about you.

Makes me feel small that I can’t take my beatings like a real man should 🙂

• bettyswallocks

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:41 PM

BandB….. Did you mention last night that you had been poorly?

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:43 PM

Betty

Yeah it did.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Ymfb….. Maybe if you offer some sort of explanation for your strange behaviour , you may be able to redeem yourself and become accepted again.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Mister Tuff

She’s at it again – bringing out the worst in you and your analogies – leave them in the attic gathering dust. She may desert you as quick as she came.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Strange behaviour? Redeem myself for what? My opinions not allowed? Have I said something?

• GeordieTwo

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I feel a lot of tension on here. Some real animosity. Relax lads (and lasses if you’re on here as well). Take deep breaths. I’ll have some words of wisdom for you. As Official Blog Sage it’s a lot of work to be even more wise than usual. I’ve got a lot of irons in the fire you know. Pressure to meet my Senior Official Blog Journo deadlines. Running Manly Men Inc., a vast business empire, keeping an eye on beermonkey…It’s a lot of pressure so back off you lot! Just give me a little breathing space! Harrumph!!!

• bettyswallocks

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Ymfb….. Please yourself, at least I tried. Quit the “it” stuff though it’s unpleasant, unfunny and unacceptable.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Hire it G2, it’s very manly.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:51 PM

If there is an official blog sage, is there also an official blog onion? And if so, does that lead to an official blog stuffing?

• GeordieTwo

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:52 PM

I don’t get involved in personal tiffs YMFB. But calling a person it isn’t the way forward. Shame on you young man.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM

G2……….. Where’s Jesper? He must realise that comebacks are possible now.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:53 PM

BandB

You’ve gone purple. You used to be green. (Mobile site icon)

• magscar

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Am off ( probably not forever in case BandB misinterprets the time lapse as it is something she struggles with) as the evening ( and more importantly mine) will be consumed by BandB making up for lost time by endless baiting of no consequence to anything but her own amusement ( oh and her starving fans).

Look in later – might be June but what’s a few months 🙂

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Maybe it’s (Not bb) just banter… But fine il stop.

I truly don’t know what I’ve said to lose respect though, I’m barely on here anyway.

• GeordieTwo

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:56 PM

There is indeed YCMIU mate. I’ve put it all on me Summer Solstice Celebration of Silliness list. The Official Blog pheasant will be served with all the trimmings. Only people of great seriosity will be invited. Beermonkey can come if he behaves himself. Tsunki is invited as are many others. Ibiza can come but jesper is not invited unless he comes back on here and gets involved.

• jimmysmith

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Rafa has instilled shape, discipline and fight, but we also have players who can do a lot more individually, particularly in the final third. Townsend has shone in this regard, but we have others in Sissoko, Widjnaldum, that are more than capable of joining him. We need three big games from those three good players, and a couple of goals from Cisse to separate us from those other two sides, who would love to have any or all of them.

• magscar

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:58 PM

G2

Weren’t you just keeping a seat (throne) warm? Don’t get too carried away with your new role you no doubt know what happens on Game of Thrones 🙂

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:59 PM

G2

There seems to be a lot of anger on here lately. There has always been a bit of niggle, but it’s off the map at the moment. Maybe a little daftness is required to lighten the tone

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Shame on me, whilst jib is racist…

• GeordieTwo

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Magscar don’t be like that. We need all the bloggers we can get. Very good then YMFB. Harrumph….Jesper is just being stubborn bettys mate. He’ll be back. He’s been quietly reading the blog and getting updates from Ibiza as well. I know those two by now. Old budgie smugglers never change….

• welshgeordie9

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:00 PM

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.

• YoungMagpieFromBurnley

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:00 PM

whoops where did that come from ?
    must have gone off in me hand !

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Jimmy

I think sissoko in particular has lifted his game under rafa. Townsend is thriving too. I think it is all a little too late, but you never know

• GeordieTwo

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:02 PM

I’ve detected it as well YCMIU mate. Colour me quite concerned. I never get carried away with my roles magscar. It hasn’t gone to my heed at all. Hoy beermonkey! Where’s my basket of grapes and flagon of ale? I just can’t believe the quality of the help these days…..

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Golden rule for ANY GoT character….

When things finally start to go right for you, YOU DIE!