The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Rob Elliot Gives Karl Darlow Fantastic Compliment

7:59 pm, Saturday, April 30th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 13 Comments

The team spirit at Newcastle has never been better than it is today as our lads had a great win against Crystal Palace today and it was a terrific goal from Andros Townsend after 59 minutes and a magnificent save from Karl Darlow from a Yohan Cabaye penalty after 70 minutes .

That was the first penalty Crystal Palace have missed this season – and their 10th – but our boy Darlow made a superb stop.

Here’s what our injured goalkeeper Rob Elliot has said about Karl on his Twitter account.

Tags: Karl Darlow · Newcastle News · Rob Elliot · Tweet · Twitter

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 GeordieTwo // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:00 PM

We have been a disaster as a club for years now thanks to the complete dunce Ashley and his pack of mindless idiots. Now we have somebody extremely capable. Just hand Rafa full control and shut your cakehole Mike.

• 2 GeordieTwo // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:03 PM

Just wanted to point out again that Pardew has ONE win in the league in 2016. That’s one. Anybody who compares him to Wenger should keep that in mind. I know they’re in the Cup final and good for them but Pardew will never be a top manager. Never has been, never will be.

• 3 GeordieTwo // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Enough blather from me. Enjoy the rest of your day lads and lasses.

• 4 Jib // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:06 PM

I do hesitate to differ with an acknowledged Canadian football expert.
    However I think that Crystal Palace side are in with a good chance of beating MU at Wembley in the FA cup final !

• 5 Toon Tang // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Well in Ars, I never doubted you for a second…

• 6 The Newcastle Armchair // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:41 PM

KevinLee I’ll respond to that when you speak sense

GeordieTwo arsenal have constantly dipped after Christmas season after season.. Clearly a personal trait of Wenger is passing through into the team time and time again.

People said arsenal just need a good goalkeeper and they can mount a title challenge, well guess what? They got cech and now they’re blaming not winning the title on not having a 20 goal a season striker. No, its excuses excuses and more excuses.

I don’t disrespect Wenger at all, heck what he has achieved at arsenal is a feat that I don’t think will happen in a long time (invincibles, constant top 4) however I do feel a change of manager is needed. He’s been at the helm too long and is approaching his 70s now.

• 7 martoon // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:44 PM

I think you have to realise that Rafa can only work with what he’s been given. These players are never going to play scintillating football but Rafa is making us tough to beat and earning draws or winning by the odd goal. Not brilliant to watch but what we need right now in our position!

• 8 Back Door Man // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:47 PM

repost …

Regarding my difficulty posting long comments … I emailed Ed and got a prompt reply:

“In the latest release of WordPress 4.5 – they have introduced a new
    restriction on the total word count of any one comment.

The new maximum comment length is 65,525 characters.”

That seems like an awful lot and I’d be suprised if any of my stuff was that long.  Now to search for a character/word counter on my phone.

• 9 Bobbybee // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Yeeeees! Get in you beauties! I was going to read the other posts but i got as far as the game and that was enough! 🙂 That’s just the first one out the way, but the mackems drop more points, ditto Norwich. Let them draw to their hearts content. Let them go down on an unbeaten run! 😉 scum were even lucky to get a draw from what I’ve heard today? Is that right anybody? What a goal eh? He’s always been capable of that and Spurs must be slightly pissed off that now he’s had a run of games, he’s improving all the time. Darlow bites back at his critics. A great team performance, showing just how well Rafa’s got them organised and watching each others’ backs. I’m not getting carried away, just saying the hope lives on 😉 The current odds have norwich 1/7 on. We and sunlun are pretty evenly matched, what’s in it ain’t worth bothering with. Remember, before the liverpool draw, we were 1/17 – bet 17 quid to win one! Momentum might be everything. Special thanks to welshie for saying we’d lose again – could we have done it without him? 😉 Bring on the villa! HTL!!!!!!!!

• 10 Harley // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:57 PM

I can’t believe we’ve been given this much hope. That win was huge today, just a shame about defoes pen.
    If Chelsea can do us a massive favour and beat Sunderland next week then it’s all in our hands.
    I was listening to a talk in on way home from match and most Sunderland fans think they’re down and we’re staying up.
    Apparently they we shocking today.

• 11 Toon Tang // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Martoon, I’d take that over the course of a whole season as long as it meant not getting turned over for 5 by selected teams.

I’d take that till subo came home to pasture on my cut-up waterlogged lawn.

• 12 Bobbybee // Apr 30, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Newcastle armchair. One name. Alan Curbishley. Different clubs and ambitions i know, but look how Curbs had Charlton punching above their weight for seasons. More than they should have deserved, but greedy Charlton fans wanted more. They believed another manager could take them to the next level and convinced they could challenge, they hounded Curbs out. The rest, as they say, is history. Only one team can win the league. In 12 years they’ve won one title and three fa cups. It’s really difficult to have any sympathy for that attitude. No team has a god given right to win things – not even the biggest club in London. Careful what you wish for! 😉

• 13 Mag52 // Apr 30, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Newcastle Armchair,

What do you put it down to with the Arsenal fans then Armchair ?
    Boredom for finishing in the top four in the Premiership during the last fifteen years, or anger at not winning the FA Cup every year ?

previous post: Newcastle Fans Explode On Twitter After Great Win