The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Asprilla Defends Ashley And Blames Players – Why He’s Half Right

4:27 pm, Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 132 Comments

Before he left the club early last year Alan Pardew had Newcastle go on a six game winning streak – five games in the league and a 2-0 win at Manchester City in the League Cup – the first and only time we have ever won a game at the Etihad Stadium.

Yet with exactly the same players in the second half of the season, John Carver managed to lose eight Premier League games in a row for the first time in Newcastle’s history.

And then we brought in new players this season for a total of £82M and the team is worse than it’s ever been in the Premier League.

And yes – it’s the players fault inasmuch as some of them didn’t seem to care and give up too easily when the going got tough – notice the past tense.

faustino asprilla

Tino Asprilla – players fault – he’s half right

Speaking to Eurosport this is what Tino Asprilla said about owner Mike Ashley:

“I know him, I spoke to him and I met him.” “I always thought the problem is not the chairman or the owner. The problem, in my opinion, are always the players.”

“He is doing everything he can to help the team, but they should be playing with more effort.” “I don’t think Newcastle’s problem is the owner. I think there are players who love this team.”

“But I would like all the players play at a top level like I did.”  “They should love that shirt and make sacrifices for the importance of that team.

“There are players that are not showing these feelings. Newcastle should be fighting for the title, not in relegation zone.”

“I hope that next year they will find players who will fight.”

“Under Benitez we saw the team improve a bit,”  “In the last four matches, we drew two and we won two. We are almost safe.

“I think we can get this goal in the last match of the season and I’m happy for this.” “But, in my opinion, Newcastle need to be at the top level for their history and for the beauty of the City.”

“I really hope they can stay in the Premier League.”

John Carver would agree with Tino that it’s the players’ fault because John said that in his press conferences after many a defeat – it’s the player’s fault – plain and simple.

Nothing to do with John.

But we have also seen a  complete transformation in the last seven weeks since Rafa Benitez arrived at the club and now the players look more consistent and certainly more determined and are putting in some very good spirited performances and starting to get some good results.

Why is that?

After all, it’s the same players that Steve McClaren had – so the main cause of Newcastle’s poor form in the last 18 months has to be the head coach.

Since when was  a fired Championship manager good enough to come in and manage Newcastle in the Premier League?

And Lee Charnley – who appointed both John Carver and Steve McClaren after Pardew left, has to be held accountable and take the responsibility for two terrible appointments for Newcastle.

And Mike Ashley is ultimately responsible for putting Lee Charnley in the position of Managing Director at the club, when he is plainly not up to the job.

Mike also didn’t step in early enough as Charnley seemed willing to let McClaren stay in place as he took us down to the Championship.

Just think about it – if Rafa stays on and is put in charge of all transfers and given a free hand at Newcastle – and Mike Ashley continues to stay in the background  as he has done this season – Newcastle could become great again and Mike could even become a successful owner.

Wouldn’t that be something.

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

132 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM

Jail – did you not say you were going to be out of the country for three weeks -working.
    Clearly work committments come before the match.

• 2 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Repost from previous thread.

I think we all are, it just needs a bad refs mistake or a careless challenge by one of our lads…………..!

Still let’s not think about that, I think think the footballing god owes us a few. She ought to be on our side for once.

Oh and by the way if it hasn’t been mentioned already, it’s a pity Rafa didn’t come to us a couple of months earlier.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // May 3, 2016 at 4:34 PM

Job got cancelled today Mister Tuff but still doubt I’ll be home anyway, just making a point on how to get tickets these days if they’re not on public sale.

• 4 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Jail – Earlier on in the season somebody was on about these concessionary tickets – so I managed to land on one of the emergency services web sites and indeed they were offering tickets -well discounted. Cannot remember exactly which site it was.
    Not sure if they do it all the time or if it only applies if the gate is expected to be low – or they get none if they think it is going to be a capacity crowd.

• 5 hibbitt // May 3, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Jail for Ashley

i think i read at the weekend that we asked for more tickets and villa refused ?

• 6 hibbitt // May 3, 2016 at 4:52 PM

my nephew often gets them from the students union

• 7 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Was it not the case in the past that the home club would offer tickets not taken up by the home supporters to the visitting team. Or am I getting mixed up here.
    Villa clearly think the more Toon fans attending the bigger the rout. I supposed they are not bothered about gate money as clubs used to be.

• 8 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Was it not the case after the debate about the TV appearances being dependent on visible bums on seats that a few on here reported club officials offering free entry to passers by – just after kick off.

• 9 Bambams // May 3, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Mister Tuff & Jail

You can get tickets through emergency services websites/federations however you have to apply for the match following the next one.

So unless you applied for the Spuds match before the Crystal Palace match you won’t have a chance.

They are around £25-35 depending on which club it is and you were never guaranteed a ticket – it always depended on the club and how many they were willing to release.

That was definitely the case a couple of years ago….It may have changed

• 10 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Is it possible that our fans will outnumber theirs, be more like a home match for us. I’m sure we can outshout them either way.

• 11 Bambams // May 3, 2016 at 4:59 PM

As for the Villa match….You just know where there is a will there is a way !

I bet there are thousands of Toon supporters who manage to get tickets for home and away ends

• 12 hibbitt // May 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Essex Geordie Bill

they wont give us any more tickets so that would be hard unless the home fans don’t turn up which would be nice

• 13 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Jail……. Get your priorities in order man. Fcuk the work there’s a football team needs supporting. Very hypocritical and disloyal behaviour.

• 14 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 5:06 PM

See the Mag are reporting tickets on sale -ticket agency – for the Spurs game at £1300 each.

• 15 hibbitt // May 3, 2016 at 5:07 PM

villa are expecting trouble so they will be on there guard

• 16 GloucesterGeordie // May 3, 2016 at 5:13 PM

I’ve got a ticket for the home end this Saturday at villa. From what I’ve read on other pages a fair few fans are looking to do the same. A villa fan I know sent me a link from the Birmingham Mail which had a piece saying the villa fans are planning a March before the game and a protest of some sort in stadium on the 74th minute #intheair74 or something they called it. My pal reckons it’ll either be a plane overhead or a release of balloons, hopefully this affects the villa players and we can kick on!

• 17 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 5:14 PM

How the hell is that hypocritical and disloyal behaviour, if jails got to work or do anything else then hes got to do it.

• 18 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Mister Tuff…… Please can you get me one?

• 19 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Welsh….. It/ a shame stupidity isn’t painful.

• 20 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Wow, I’ve just defended jail, no that can’t be right I must be dreaming no way that just happen.

Ha ha ha

• 21 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Are you going to the game on Saturday.

• 22 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Welsh…….. Were your parents siblings?

• 23 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Welsh…… Not the Villa match but hopefully Tottenham if Mr. Tuff gets me a ticket.

• 24 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM

So why aren’t you going to the villa match, that’s not being loyal.

• 25 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Welsh…… If you’re going you can shout for both of us.

• 26 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Welshie………. I just hope you’re sterile.

• 27 Belfast // May 3, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Pitch invasion, match abandoned and the 3 points awarded to us.

I’ll settle for that.

• 28 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Belfast – I’ve just been thinking about exactly that – a pitch invasion. That is an unknown scenario.
    Do not know if the PL rules will be similar to Football League rules – but if we are drawing or getting beat and there is a pitch invasion – and they cannot clear the pitch – the score at the time might stand.

• 29 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Belfast – not sure about 3 points being awarded to the non offending team.
    Only one I can remember was a Blackpool invasion – last year – score was 0 – 0 and the pitch was invaded.
    The score stood.
    apparently nothing was going to be decided by the scoreline that day so the authorities did not order a replay and the score at the time of the invasion stood.
    Points – I see are the PL rules similar to FL rules – might not have been enough cops/stewards to clear the pitch at Blackpool. You would expect plenty of cops and stewards at a big city ground so plenty to clear the pitch.
    What happens if our players get attacked and injured – and are out of action for the Spurs game.
    answers on a post card if you know about how the PL would deal with this potential scenario.

• 30 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 5:42 PM

betty – cannot get myself a ticket never mind anyone else.

• 31 Bambams // May 3, 2016 at 5:46 PM

I hope there is no trouble. Last thing we want.

I am absolutely bricking it for the Villa game. Hopefully one time, ‘this time’ we rise to the challenge.

Regardless the outcome Rafa has just got to be offered a brand new Ford Focus with a multi change CD by Ashley to keep him at our club !!!!

• 32 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // May 3, 2016 at 5:51 PM

Best thing for us to do is press them early and get a quick breakthrough and then watch the Villa team fold

If we are 2 or 3 goals up by the 74th minute and a pitch invasion does happen then I imagine we would still get the points especially if we are a few goals ahead

• 33 JamesToon // May 3, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Quite worried about what the villa fans are gonna do on Saturday. Would like to think we get the 3 points if they ruin the game with a pitch invasion or something.

The last thing we want is to go down by being f****d over by the FA for something that was the villa fans fault

• 34 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 5:54 PM

I have to say , I’ll be relieved when it’s over. I can’t sleep at the best of times but this weeks going to be torturous. I said to the missus this morning, “Thanks for rolling over at 3am and telling me I should get some sleep. In my insomnia stupor that hadn’t crossed my mind.”

• 35 Back Door Man // May 3, 2016 at 6:02 PM

It would be terrible if Jermine Defoe was found in a Soho brothel or a Newcastle gambling den by some Toon supporting local gangsters who set about him and left him hobbling with a damaged ankle.  It doesn’t bear thinking about … he could easily risk missing the those last few games.

• 36 Back Door Man // May 3, 2016 at 6:04 PM

And another thing …

What’s all this “Hippo Head” stuff about the revolting Allardyse?  You’re all wrong … it should be Hippo Arse Head.  Those of you with even a morsel of natural history knowledge will see the clear resemblance between the revolting Allardyse shouting the odds and a hippo defecating in its wallow wafting the disgusting crap with its wagging tail.

Hippo Head (or Heed) – oot
    Hippo Arse Head (or Heed) – in

• 37 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Currently the tactics seem to be first half containment, run the legs off the opposition, then after 60 mins or so bring on Mitro. With the hope of clinching it in the second half by Rafa adjusting the tactics.
    Worried a bit now if the Villa fans are planning an invasion on 74 minutes.
    They’ve done all the shouting/ placard waving – what else can they do to get some publicity.

• 38 Bambams // May 3, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Can’t make this up !!!!!

• 39 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 6:17 PM

This is their last home game of the season so they will want to make a show.

The FA could take a leaf out of the SFA book (Scotland has problems with pitch invasions) and issue a warning that any club that cannot control their fans gets a points deduction next season no matter which league they are in.

• 40 Thump // May 3, 2016 at 6:19 PM

@Bambams: Doesn’t matter. As long as we commit to the game, that’s the important thing.

• 41 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 6:24 PM

If the Villa fans have some disruptions planned it’s vital that the away fans don’t get involved and stay well away from the pitch.

• 42 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Allardyce not Allardyse BDM…. I thought you was good at spelling.

• 43 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Wow, a rough day…

• 44 Moonraker15 // May 3, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Villa fans won’t invade the pitch until the final whistle. They care about their club and will know a points deduction next season is the likely outcome if they delay the match.
    However, protests during the match should work in our favour, especially if the Toon army are in good voice!

• 45 GeordieTwo // May 3, 2016 at 7:10 PM

One thing I do get concerned about is playing too much long ball to an isolated Cisse. He just doesn’t have the hold up skills and he’s usually outnumbered. To me it just doesn’t make sense but Rafa knows best!

• 46 GeordieTwo // May 3, 2016 at 7:12 PM

This is when we pay Villa back for that last relegation. They certainly enjoyed it. Let’s enjoy rubbing their noses in it now with a good display and a win.

• 47 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Who’d have thought coming out would be so Tough? 🙁

• 48 GeordieTwo // May 3, 2016 at 7:15 PM

I can’t resist second guessing Rafa Mr. Tuff. I agree with your analysis but if things look shaky against Villa in the first half I hope Rafa brings in Perez and Mitro a little earlier. I worry about using Wijnaldum away from home as well. He just disappears.

• 49 cyprus // May 3, 2016 at 7:23 PM

You’re a bit unfair. You speak of APs six match run but don’t mention massive gaps in that guy’s performance. Not to mention he had a genuine entertainer whom he effectively ruined, even though he saved AP a few times.
    Anyway, water under the bridge. Now, please beat Villa. Please some good fortune as well.

• 50 BandB // May 3, 2016 at 7:23 PM

I don’t think either are the ideal strikers he would choose for his system, and if they were, the cog that goes next to them probably fits where it touches too.
    He has managed to get it ticking over, though you’d imagine at something short of the efficiency he’d like.
    I think there is a bit of long coupling going on to keep it turning over.
    At least he’s not scratching his head and complaining that it’s f*****d.

• 51 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 7:25 PM

When we are looking in the close season to improve an already quite good PL side , I think we actually only need a of couple of players.

Griezeman and Isco – one each from the 2 Madrid sides will do me 😀

• 52 BandB // May 3, 2016 at 7:28 PM

You thought last season’s squad just needed the Supermac magic.

• 53 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Every bar in Mallorca is rammed with Germans !
    Are there any left in Deutschland ?

• 54 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Jib……. Drink some coffee mate then you’ll be able to be stupid faster and with more energy.

• 55 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:38 PM

When don’t need to sign many players in the summer.

• 56 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:38 PM

• 57 SPRINGY // May 3, 2016 at 7:39 PM

gini will probs start at villa,can only hope he shows up but for me, i would like to see… townsend left,sissoko right with SDJ thru the middle, if its not the same side as the weekend

• 58 BandB // May 3, 2016 at 7:40 PM

What if Rafa says we do and the club says not?
    Which side are will you be backing WelsheGeordie?

• 59 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 7:41 PM

As a traducer it is much easier to mock other peoples opinions than have your own.

• 60 SPRINGY // May 3, 2016 at 7:42 PM

fullbacks,centre halfs,wingers and strikers….just a few signings…not many!lol

• 61 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 7:43 PM

So given him the nickname of Hippo Heed is implying he is some sort of Greek philosopher.

Don’t see it myself but then many comments on this blog go right over my head.

• 62 sing in the corner // May 3, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Is Welsh an e-Geordie? Interesting concept…

• 63 BandB // May 3, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Sorry Singe in the Corner.

• 64 sing in the corner // May 3, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Aye Essex…Hippo Campus?

• 65 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 7:46 PM

The 75000 in the Allianz have got it rocking !

• 66 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:47 PM

If Benitez is still in charge, he will know what we need, don’t see many coming in.

• 67 sing in the corner // May 3, 2016 at 7:47 PM

• 68 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Jib…… Just jealous that I’m not in Mallorca too.

• 69 Yo-yo // May 3, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Hoist by own petard fella !
    If you hadn’t banged on about not needing any reinforcements in January folk might cut you a bit more slack.

• 70 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:51 PM

If the club decides not to do what Benitez wants then he won’t be here, I will be backing Benitez if hes still here, if we stay up we will have a very very good season next season.

• 71 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 7:51 PM

I proposed in Mallorca. It was very romantic – I got up on one knee.

• 72 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Yo yo

You can’t say that now when the January transfer closed everyone was happy with the signings.

• 73 sing in the corner // May 3, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Very good!

• 74 SPRINGY // May 3, 2016 at 7:53 PM

i dont think janmaat has done himself any favours for next year,left back has been bother all season,lascelles and mbemba are looking like the cb’s of the future,unless mbemba is pushed up to defensive midfield,which i believe he’s played there for his national side,but they will need back up….taylor out of contract and colo has run his course,and a pacey striker or two is a must….maybe 5-6+players

• 75 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 7:54 PM

My missus and I are thinking of taking a break in Majorca you can fly direct from my local airport.

Our only beef is the Bl**dy expensive medical insurance.

Getting old is a Bugge@

• 76 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Everyone gave shelvey a chance, if the club Knew that he was going to be crap in the last couple of games then they wouldn’t have bothered, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• 77 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 7:56 PM

G2 – at the Palace games I honestly thought that Benetez would alter things at half time -especially bearing in mind we did better after the substitutions in the previous game.
    But no he stuck to his game plan and made changes as he had done previously.
    Not saying he will not change things but the odd are that he’ll retain his currently successful formula/timings. If it is working why change seems to be the order of the day.

• 78 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Easy way to solve that, don’t get sick or injured.

• 79 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Stop, you will have me in tears.

• 80 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 8:01 PM

EGB – man be careful – just been a report by Jib of hordes of Germans at the resort.
    Man do not tempt fate and place yourself and the missus in harms way.
    Oh I should say – not by any actions of the Germans but you might bump into Jib.

(Welsh – that’s a gag – original – not stolen from the internet).

• 81 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Welsh, now why didn’t I think of that.

I wish I had your brains.

Braains, I love braaaains. aaaarg!

• 82 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Be careful with the beer lads. It’s just been proven there are a lot of female hormones in beer, that must be why after 7or 8 pints I can’t drive a car and start speaking illogically.

• 83 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Mr Tuff

German braaains I love German braaaaains.

Booking myyy fliiiiight nowwwww.

• 84 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 8:05 PM

Try these for a quote

• 85 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Sorry spelling mistake, aaaargh not aaaarg.

• 86 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Added to bookmarks, cheers.

We have used Saga in the past and they actually turned out to be reasonably priced.

• 87 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 8:18 PM

Jibs not German is he,

• 88 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Sorry previous comment meant for Mr Tuff

• 89 Jail for Ashley // May 3, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Jib is from the Spanish speaking part of Bavaria !

• 90 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 8:25 PM

This lot must have been watching Spurs last night.
    I wouldn’t like a dig off of Simeone !

• 91 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 8:30 PM

Many years ago in Mijas in Andalucia they called it little Bavaria – Juans Bodega became Johanns Bierkeller – there was so many ex gestapo there it wasn’t funny – me dad swore blind he could here strains of the “Horst Wessel Song” wafting up at night.

• 92 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM

hear strains even

• 93 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 8:36 PM

No mencionan la guerra.

• 94 Jail for Ashley // May 3, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Have you read the boys from Brazil, that’s spooky!

• 95 Jib // May 3, 2016 at 8:40 PM

(Talks to Betty out of corner of mouth)
    I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it .

• 96 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Jib…… Not bad for a geriatric. That’s a German footballer scoring 3 goals.

• 97 Back Door Man // May 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Betty … BDM’s spelling – caught like this before but it’s the fault of my fat, arthritic fingers banging away on the tiny keyboard on my phone.

Welshie … what’s all that about having a rough day and coming out?

• 98 Back Door Man // May 3, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Sorry Welshie … I should have written YMFB.

• 99 Setchell // May 3, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Anyone know if any tickets left for the spurs game? Not showing availability on the nufc website…… Hoping it’s just a mistake! (I am eligible for tickets)

• 100 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 9:11 PM

Rob Vollans/ YMFB sounds like he’s had a rough day. He’s run away from home due to all his troubles. He’s spoken to his mam who told him she would forgive him everything as long as he doesn’t go back.

• 101 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 9:13 PM

Just got back from the gym sorry to anyone who had typed for my attention.

Errrr, yeah. I just thought once I had told everyone that I would be able to just get on with it but everyone’s reactions have given me a shock. I feel like maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut.

• 102 hibbitt // May 3, 2016 at 9:13 PM

full house sold out last week
    someone put on here today that there are tickets about but people want big money for them

• 103 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Catchy tune ‘The Horst Wessel Song’

Had some canny songwriters.

No necessarily quoting certain politicians here.

• 104 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Rob……. You’re not a complete idiot. There are some bits missing.

• 105 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Mister Tuff

If that’s your best joke, you might as well use the Internet.

• 106 Essex Geordie Bill // May 3, 2016 at 9:22 PM

I haven’t had clue what you have said as I haven’t read your post.

But if you are saying what I think you’re saying then I for one haven’t a problem with it.

You are still a Toon fan and that’s all that matters to me.

• 107 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 9:22 PM

Huh betty? I’m really not in the mood for your gripe IF that’s what your post is meant to be.

I’m sorry I just… I dont know. Ugh this is so strange, it feels like everyone I know is just judging me. My brothers reaction was horrible, probably the person I’m closest too in my life and he just thought I was joking… Then he just sat in silence and it was awkward for about 1 hour.

Sorry everyone that’s my last post on my own problems you lot get back to football.

I’m going to bed.

• 108 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Thanks Essex, that’s what my mum said. I just hate that you have go announce it to everyone like you’ve got some disease.

• 109 BandB // May 3, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Just shave it off like everyone else Rob.
    Growing a fringe isn’t the end of the world.

• 110 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Rob………. You won’t be judged on your sexuality on here. The other stuff mmmm.

• 111 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 9:37 PM

I didn’t think I would be judged on here, some good folk. I do deserve that betty, I have said some bad things on here.

Anyway congratulations to Leicester, I just wish it was the other way around and they were fighting relegation.

• 112 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 9:37 PM

You really couldn’t make it up. The characters on here would make all those soap stars pale into insignificance.

• 113 Thump // May 3, 2016 at 9:42 PM

@betty: Every night I refresh the page, have a skim through the latest comments and play the Eastenders drums just to give myself a reality check. You’d be amazed how often it fits.

• 114 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Don’t forget we’ve been down these roads before Rob and you were shown a lot of sympathy. Don’t be too surprised if you don’t get too much this time. You’re on very thin ice but probably better to stay there than having another tantrum and causing major disruption again.

• 115 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 9:49 PM

If this blog is like Eastenders then Bettyswallocks must be Dot Cotton.

Ha ha ha

• 116 Average_Contents // May 3, 2016 at 9:53 PM

As if the making up of a persona who was bed bound with heart trouble wasn’t bad enough….

Are there no levels you won’t sink to, to try and get one over on your supposed fellow fans, for the sole purpose of receiving sympathy because you’ve been outed and want people to forget rob.

Get a life you sick cnut.

You make my skin crawl.

• 117 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 9:55 PM

Welsh ……… You’d be better in Emmerdale for obvious reasons.
    There’s no sheep in the East End of London.

• 118 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 9:57 PM

BandB is probably in her seventies, so she would be brilliant as Peggy Mitchell.

• 119 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 9:58 PM

Thump…… Which soap character would you be?

• 120 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Obvious to you, sweet fa to me Betty.

• 121 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 9:59 PM

I don’t expect sympathy thank-you. I know what I’ve said. For the last time I’m not Rob. I’m not TFL.

In order my previous names.

-Llort Muw

That is it, the only one I have access to is this one. I’m not making this up, I am gay, there’s nothing I can do about it. I’m proud that I came out, it’s ridiculously hard to do and there’s a risk people will leave your life. At 18 I have my whole life ahead of me now with nothing holding me back anymore. It feels great, I don’t need people telling me I’m lying. That’s the last thing I need after today.

• 122 Belfast // May 3, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Yer lying lol

• 123 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 10:05 PM

YMFB……. Ok you can be Colin Russell then.

• 124 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Rob….. Belfast has conclusive evidence of your activities and he put a lot of time and effort into the investigation.

• 125 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 10:13 PM

it’s not true, surely? Robs not really from P3nistone surely?

• 126 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Ha ha the last attempt was moderated. Come on Ed, it’s a town in Yorkshire. 🙂

• 127 lesh // May 3, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Tino knows Ashley?

Wow! How? Does/ did Ashley move in the same coke snorting, gun totin’ social scene of Bogotá as Tino?

Or maybe Tino has the odd glass of fruit juice in Ashley’s local these days??

• 128 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Anyway what was the Irishgeordie one about? You’re not Irish as well are you? Is there no end to the shocking revelations?

• 129 BandB // May 3, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Leave him alone.
    I’m proud that I was here when football gained its first openly gay blog avatar.

• 130 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Wow – I like the idea (when it’s quiet on the football front) of matching blog characters with folk on these soap programmes. I don’t watch this shyte but like the idea.
    Anybody that does could I be equated to anyone on the soaps.
    My characteristics.
    1. Handsome
    2. Tall well built 18stone of well distibuted muscle.
    3. Very tough.
    4. good sense of humour.
    5. Sticks up for the little man.
    6. Rebukes abusers.
    7. Will challenge bigots who try to bully and take over the blog.
    8. No double standards.
    9. Never gone around caving other clubs supporters heads in.
    10. Never weasel up to such people to the extent of failing to be a fan but a fawning fanny.

Wow that’s an impressive CV – could be the Pope I suppose – no just one of the soap stars – only sensible submission considered.

• 131 Belfast // May 3, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Getting images of Rob dressed up as Daffyd from Little Britain now for Gods sake.

• 132 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Belfast I think that’s what the gym is attempting to combat:)

previous post: Rafa Benitez On What Newcastle Cannot Afford To Do