The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Is One Advantage Newcastle Have In Survival Stakes

10:37 pm, Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 20 Comments

Andros Townsend has been a real star for Newcastle ever since he joined us in January of this year, but the unfortunate thing could be he will leave us through a release clause in his contract if we cannot survive the drop.

But Andros is doing his very best to save us with his four goals and two assists so far and he was out match-winner on Saturday along with a Man of the Match performance from our goalkeeper Karl Darlow.

andros townsend palace

Andros Townsend after 59 minutes – YES!

Andros was second in our Man of the Match polling and he has been a consistently good performer for the side – and Rafa has him playing near his best form.

Andros seems to be delighted to be at Newcastle and playing in front of 52,000 mad screaming Geordies.

The 24 year-old has also pointed out an advantage Newcastle have – we are now  4th bottom and have points on the board:

“Of course. That’s why you would rather have points on the board than games in hand.”

“We have got points on the board, we are above the relegation zone, and it is down to the other teams now to pick up points in their game in hand.”

“We have done our job, we continue to do our job and hopefully the other teams around us drop points.”

“We can only do our job. If we win the next two games and it is not enough, what can we do?”

“We have just got to do our business and hope the other teams around us drop enough points for us to stay up. That’s all we can do.”

Did I say we need two wins in our last two games?

Tags: Andros Townsend · Coaching · Newcastle News · Prayer · Premier League · Press

20 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Ashley Out! And take Rob Vollans Out! With You!

• 2 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Talking of Photos due to Jesper missing in action – he might even have been kidnapped -what about a re run of his FBI mugshot.

• 3 Mister Tuff // May 3, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Welsh – Now why did I think you would not be able to resist the bait – first cast as well.

• 4 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 10:47 PM

Sorry Tuff but i couldn’t resist it.

• 5 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Your comments are hilarious to read, especially the one about Rob being daffyd. But sadly I have no idea of Mr TFL’s whereabouts.

I knew there would be homophobic jokes so I just braced myself.

I actually go to the gym because I’m really skinny, I would like to get beefed up so that I fit into the ‘bear’ category.

Search ‘bear’ if you don’t know what that is… Hint: gay slang.

• 6 welshgeordie9 // May 3, 2016 at 10:51 PM

YMFB

You don’t have to explain yourself to anyone.

• 7 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 10:58 PM

No just the whole blog.

Who’s irrationally afraid of man anyway?

• 8 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 11:00 PM

Howay Rob he disappeared into thin air the very hour you got found out. Never resurfaced. Do you think your “whole world is mad” scenario is going to work?

• 9 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Welsh ……… You be careful not to get drawn in. Your dad warned you about anal sex years ago. Remember when he said,”Now this is going to hurt son”

• 10 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 11:01 PM

I thought you were going to the gym so you could fit into the “Chair” category….

• 11 bettyswallocks // May 3, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Tsunki….. I thought he said Jim.

• 12 Average_Contents // May 3, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Just give it up ffs man.

It’s gone beyond a joke now you fcuking saddo.

BandB.

Come now. Perhaps you’ll share some quiff cutting techniques with Mr (not) vollens, ya know, to stop him feeling so self conscious and all that. One over the eye, perhaps behind the ears look.

I’m sure you’ll accommodate him.

I’m off.

• 13 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 11:10 PM

You won’t be missed AC.

• 14 MassiveG // May 3, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Fingers crossed for the FA bans for Dembele and Lamela. Was Dier not up to something too? So Alli already out, and Alderweireld injured?

• 15 Average_Contents // May 3, 2016 at 11:11 PM

Nice little ploy by the way that.

Pretend your gay with this of many personas then when people don’t believe you and take the piss you cry foul gleaning sympathy (fairly soon I’d wager)

It might take till morning but I wouldn’t worry rob, it’ll come. There so nasty.

Poor little persona.

Definitely off.

• 16 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 3, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Go on boy, off to bed.

• 17 Average_Contents // May 3, 2016 at 11:13 PM

Probably the only truthful thing you’ve ever said 🙂

• 18 Tsunki // May 3, 2016 at 11:14 PM

I think its a bit rich pulling the old “homophobic” card Rob. I think your own references have been the most non-pc of all in fact.

Further to that, I’m quite proud that none of my fellow blog stars accused you of also being Back Door Man. I think that would have been pretty low, thankfully it never happened.

• 19 BandB // May 4, 2016 at 5:28 AM

Tsunki @18

Watch that space.
    BDM got YMFB and Welshie confused.
    Easy mistake to make. Both have been in the wars.
    BDM is a blues term for a ladies man I believe.
    Poor BDM seems to have trouble remembering who is who.

• 20 jimmysmith // May 4, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Another being Sunderland and Norwich are a bunch of arse.

previous post: Pundit Describes A Moment To Remember