The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Rafa Benitez Instills Confidence In Everybody At Newcastle

12:17 pm, Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

We dare say we could can say with some confidence that 21 year-old Chancel Mbemba is a big fan of his new manager Rafa Benitez.

Today the former Anderlecht defender says the players have loads of confidence these days and it all trickles down from the number one and the leader of the team (club?) – Rafa Benitez.

And it’s also the staff and the fans who get confidence from the Spaniard.

Chancel has been playing well of late and is forming a really strong partnership with 22 year-old Jamaal Lascelles – and it’s unusual to have such a young center-back partnership.

chancel mbemba rafa benitez

Chancel Mbemba congratulated by Rafa Benitez

Newcastle have done really well in the last four games and we are all hoping that will continue in our final two games of the season.

This is what Chancel Mbemba had said about Rafa:

“Every single one of us has confidence in ourselves and in each other.”

“It’s thanks to the coach, who is the number one and the leader. He instills that in every single one of us, players and staff.”

“It trickles down from the very top and the whole squad have that confidence now.”

“We were really happy – every single person in the dressing room was delighted.”

“We deserved the win. Not just us – the players – but everyone involved, the staff and the fans as well.”

“We worked hard to take the 3 points. We identified it as a must-win game and we needed it. We knew that it could mean we leave the relegation zone.”

“We just need to continue to work hard to make sure we stay out of the relegation zone and stay in the Premier League.”

There’s one thing that Mike Ashley can do that will even have some fans complimenting the owner.

Whether we stay up or go down he should sign Rafa and his coaches to a long term contract at the club – make it eight years – like he gave to Alan Pardew and was willing to eventually give to Steve McClaren.

That would ensure Newcastle are in good hands for a considerable length of time and Mike can stay in the background and even start enjoying watching the Newcastle games.

Some may even call him a successful owner down the road as Rafa turns Newcastle into a European powerhouse.

Wouldn’t that be something.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Aston Villa?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Ashley Out!

• 2 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Rafa IN!

• 3 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Churnley Out!

• 4 stuart no9 // May 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM

stuart no9 // May 4, 2016 at 12:19 PM

I stopped going to SJP when AP arrived. The reason was because i thought as long as he was in charge , NUFC were not going to move on and Ashley had gone for the cheaper option.
    Ashley sent out a huge message as far as i was concened that the club was going to be run as a business and not as a football club and the time was right to bale out regardless of the previous 40 odd years of home and away , i was finished . what was the point of going ? in hindsight , i was right .
    I got my seat back in the milburn stand against swansea and palace because for once in 9 years there was something to go back for,
    I missed out on my spurs ticket coz i didnt apply when they went on sale to members a couple of weeks ago . Gutted to say the least , but i cant moan really , havnt been for a lot of years when others have had to endure the dross served up by every manager after CH was sacked .
    \As long as the club show ambition , i’ll be there , if Ashley reverts back to his ridiculous policies , on recruitment and his strange choice of idiots to run the club , sadly , the palace game could be my last for a very long time

• 5 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Rafa’s Spanish coach mate IN!

• 6 SPRINGY // May 4, 2016 at 12:29 PM

repost
    ibiza
    aye,like you thought janmaat was one of the better players,have to question the defensive side of his game though,but recently he’s been off the boil,similar to perez’s slump in form….maybe the lack of competition for his place has made him complacent…mbabu looks a talent,his fitness is a big worry but if he can get and keep himself fit,he could be the next young talented strong player to come into the defence along side mbemba and lascelles….just wonder about the left back spot…is dummett the answer with these young players?.

• 7 Ibizatoon // May 4, 2016 at 12:32 PM

Springy…It was probably to do with him being one of a few that occasionally offered something. Although it was rarely in defense 🙂

I don’t mind Dummett, but not sure he’s the long term answer. I hope Jib is right and Jetro Willems arrives in the summer.

• 8 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 12:34 PM

I’d like to think that Dummet would be used as bench cover and that a quality LB and RB are brought in.

• 9 WWSBRD // May 4, 2016 at 12:36 PM

Bobby
    I dont think I am being misled bud I am just reacting to the posts of urs there

Ur right in saying its ur choice but of course people who feel strongly enough to boycott will try to convince u to do so. Its in no way an easy choice for them, they love the club just as much as u, some maybe more, and giving up their routine (which often has been there since they were a small child) is no easy task but in order to help the club they love they do it and if others dont their sacrifice is ignored

• 10 Bobbybee // May 4, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Stuart, well said marra. Everything we do results in consequences. You made that choice and i respect that. Why would i not? I hope the future results in you returning, because that will be a sign that good times are returning. People who’ve had enough are entitled to stop going, just as people who choose to stay are entitled to do so without abuse. You made your choice, but unlike some, understand why spurs tickets aren’t available to the public. Do you not know a member or ST holder who could get you a ticket?

• 11 Lilongwe Geordie // May 4, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Bobby,
    Did you see my post to you yesterday? For what it’s worth I’ll repost it here. Respect for going to the games and being passionate, but just cause others decided on a different path doesn’t make them lesser fans.

Lilongwe Geordie // May 3, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Bobby,
    There aren’t any facts there in your post. It is merely your opinion that people have no right whatsoever to bleat about not being able to get in. Nothing factual in the slightest in your post.

I’ve stuck up for those who continued to go to games when there was all the talk of boycotts, and I’ve always defended fans when people have said those that go to the games are part of the problem.

However, those who gave up their tickets in many cases made a very difficult decision and decided to do what they felt was best for the club. They believed that by not giving Ashley their money then they could speed up his departure. They didn’t stop going because they no longer loved the club.

Whichever side of the fence you are on, you can rest assured that what the decision any one individual decided to make was made because they felt their choice was best for the club they loved. Whether either side is right or wrong, now isn’t the time (nor is any time) to belittle those who took a different path to you.

• 12 SPRINGY // May 4, 2016 at 12:42 PM

ibiza
    i’ve thought all season that willems was going to join us tbh,not heard anything but just a gut feeling due to his st james park visit,and his off to the future comment(or something similar) about that visit,depends if we are in the premier league i suppose….has jib heard anything about willems or is it a similar to me just gut feeling?

• 13 Lilongwe Geordie // May 4, 2016 at 12:43 PM

It is great that you go and are clearly so passionate, but I have friends who go that couldn’t careless about Newcastle, they just like the banter and the day out. Likewise I have friends that are incredibly passionate but gave up their tickets because they believed that was what was best for the long term future of the club.

• 14 Bobbybee // May 4, 2016 at 12:44 PM

WWSBRD, i’ve heard the arguments for and simply don’t agree. I’ve been through far worse than this with NUFC. People can try to persuade me by all means, but not if it involves petty name calling. I’m sure thete are plenty wjo love NUFC as much as me, though i doubt you can love them any more! 😉 They make their choices, i make mine. Why is that such an issue? I’ve made mine because it’s what i feel is right. I never do anything because others do it. I’m my own man. Maybe you need to read some of the personal insults thrown my way, to understand my reaction. But, again, boycott to your hearts content, just don’t expect me to and don’t call my loyalty to NUFC ‘the problem. Not you personally, those who do.

• 15 SPRINGY // May 4, 2016 at 12:47 PM

jail
    i have no problem with what dummett is doing to be honest,but there is better and less prone to injury out there so unless he improves, i think eventually he’ll be pushed out…willems has been injured this season and the kid in france, gueriro… has been mentioned,not saying they are the answer though.

• 16 Bobbybee // May 4, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Lil, i did see your post but chose to ignore it. There are many facts in my post. Whining about not having a ticket when you’ve been boycotting is pathetic. That’s a fact. Having no sympathy for them is another fact of life. I kinda expected you to chirp up, being of the bizarre conclusion that sitting on your ass, watching when it suits, makes you as much a fan as those who give up their time and money at great effort to follow the club. It doesn’t in the real world.
    BandB, you never cease to make my life easy, do you. Don’t you recall that the post that you jumped all over was addressed to someone else? Again, do as i say, not what i do. You can have it one way or the other, not both. Even you, oh great queen B

• 17 Ibizatoon // May 4, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Springy…I’m not really sure about Jib tbh. Just seen that he’s mentioned he expects him to join the club a few times this season.

• 18 WWSBRD // May 4, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Bobby
    If people throw insults at u that doesnt mean u should hurl them back, I dont I move on and normally just talk them into a corner where they make themselves look foolish

If its right for u to continue ploughing money into Ashleys pockets thats fine but being told thats what ur doing well Ive no issue with that, sorry like. Id stop short of insults just not my bag

As for it being an issue, and am only talking about today, but u brought it up bud which obviously would make it an issue again (Ive no idea what went on before as I stay out of blogitics these days but if someone starts shouting about something then complains that its an issue that seems a tad odd to me)

• 19 Bobbybee // May 4, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Right, can we not agree to disagree and move on? It’s difficult when it keeps repeating itself and questions requiring an answer keep coming. I think i’ve made my feelings clear enough and don’t really see the point in keep going over it. I will not boycott until i make that decision myself. Those who do, carry on by all means. Live by your choices, don’t whine about them.

• 20 Lilongwe Geordie // May 4, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Bobby,
    It isn’t a fact at all. It is your opinion. Having no sympathy for them is your prerogative, again, not a fact.

Expected me to chirp up? You wonder why you get insults coming your way! Yes, sitting on my ass, watching the majority of games, having had a season ticket from the age of 5 until I left the country going home and away, going whenever I’m back.

But yes, I’m from Newcastle sacrificed things earlier in my life to follow the club, and without question just as committed to them as anyone else.

• 21 Mister Tuff // May 4, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Bobby Bee – if you don’t mind me saying you are all of the things you accuse others of being in your initial post. But seem not to grasp that.
    Nobody doubts your commitments over the years in attending games.
    You place, it would appear, your commitment at the top of your must do list.
    Others may have a different viewpoint on this and for example place family commitments first, then work commitments next and then the match after that.
    I have not seen anbody question where YOU want to place your most important commitment.

This site was started for those living abroad. A few folk because of decisions they made earlier for their own personal reasons, clearly cannot attend games but still love the football club.
    You have I would suggest abused these fans for non attendance – there may have been no malicious intent, but you in their eyes have questioned their love of Newcastle United – something you like to promote yourself – but seem to throw scorn on others who believe the same.
    People being jumped on for having different opinions – not really – it is usually because they behave in a daft way – but to mask their behaviour – it is easy to throw out the opinion cloak.
    I personally did not like your representation of the club in yesteryear by bragging about beating up other people or caving their heads or faces in.
    Not nice.
    You say you will bury the hatchet (my words) after a ruck – no you don’t.
    You say you like humour – clearly not other peoples.
    You need to chill man – and not be emboldened by other folk who should know better -stoking the fire.
    That is enough of that.

Anyway I believe you post on the Mag site as “Blackandwhiteblood”. I note you were a strong supporter of Wally Brolly and thought we were going to have a very good season.
    Why did you stop supporting him and what happened to our season.

A clear the air post not intended to be the basis of further aggro.

• 22 Average_Contents // May 4, 2016 at 1:12 PM

So today we’ve had insults hurled at poor Bobby.

Can anyone find them. I can’t and I certainly didn’t.

You were asked questions or were questioned about what you said. That is all but then you went off on one. Again.

Nobody tells you what to do. Again I can’t see where anyone has today.

Nobody tells you your opinion isn’t valid yet you claim they have today.

They may not agree with your opinion (not facts) and tell you as such.

That’s debating isn’t it? No insults were flung yet you get all angry telling people to stfu and accuse them of such.

That massive chip on your shoulder sure weighs you down Bobby.

• 23 U.S Magpie // May 4, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Its amazing to me that 52000 can sit or stand at St James not know the person standing next to them but Newcastle scores and they are the best of friends due to the fact that they are the TOON ARMY. Lets get one thing straight, all Newcastle fans bleed black and white, it does not mater if you lived your whole life in Newcastle or you moved abroad or your just a fan. The fact is that you can stand up when someone asks you who you support and without hesitation say Newcastle United. Yes I support Newcastle United and yes we suck most of the time due to things out of our control but I support them with all the passion I have. I now live in the states, that California girl got me, yes it was a simple as that. But one thing stands true, I don’t wear red ever, even anything with a hint of red in it. My wife and my kids yes although American on paper support Newcastle United as much as I do, all my cars have been black and white, my son now has his own place and also will not wear red, my daughter at 5.30 am / 6.30 am will walk to the living room with her Newcastle top on every game and say what do you think dad can we win. We should not be throwing insults at other fans is my point we all have our own story, but I am sure that everyone on here no mater what bleeds black and white and loves our club, yes we are all allowed to get pissed of with things at our club this is past of our history and have opinions but please don’t put people down for there location in the world or the fact they cannot get to games as much as you do. A fan of Newcastle United is a fan, we stand up and are counted and we don’t ever say any thing else when asked who we support. Lets put out positive Karma for the next few weeks, lets pray to god that we get the results we need. I just want that one season in the prem with Rafa at the helm to see what Newcastle United can be under his guidance. As once mentioned on this blog, I hope Sir Bobby is talking to the big man up stairs and asking him to just give us the edge to stay up. The fans need this the City needs this and most of all I need this. I don’t think I could listen to another American that supports Man U or Liverpool or Chelsea telling me, I bet you with you supported my club. Yes guys and E

• 24 U.S Magpie // May 4, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Carry over : Ed knows what I am talking about.

• 25 GS // May 4, 2016 at 4:42 PM

This Bobbybee character is a balanced individual – he has a chip on both shoulders. I don’t often post but have read a few of Bobbybee’s diatribes and notice that HE picks a fight and then HE acts the victim.

• 26 GS // May 4, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Then when Bobbybee insults others he then turns around and wants to let bygones be bygones. And his humour? What humour? He seems to think he is funny but where has he said anything remotely funny?

previous post: Can Newcastle Beat Villa And Keep Our Hopes Alive?

next post: Lazio Are Another Club Interested In Newcastle Winger