The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Forgotten Man Now An Inspiration Under Benitez

7:22 pm, Wednesday, May 4th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 134 Comments

It’s a great comeback story of Cheick Tiote this year and the Ivorian has been playing really well for Newcastle in his defensive midfield role, where he is now partnering local lad Jack Colback and both are playing well for the side protecting the back four.

We thought Cheick would have left the club in January when he joined the training in Spain of  Chinese Premier League club Shanghai Shenhua, but the deal did not materialize because of personal terms.

rafa benitez cheick tiote

Rafa Benitez with Cheick Tiote

So Cheick returned to Newcastle to see out the season and along with another of our experienced players Papiss Cisse – new manager Rafa Benitez has made good use of both of them over the last several games and both are starters.

Rafa of course knows what he is doing and he’s strengthened the defense significantly by using both Jack and Cheick in front of the back four.

This is what Rafa said in the Chronicle about the 29 year-old.

“He’s been really good for us,” “We needed somebody with his style of football. We needed somebody with his character and his aggression.”

“He is competitive, he can challenge and tackle players well. I think he’s been an inspiration for the other players.”

We have also noticed how upbeat Cheick has been recently, especially when he was interviewed last week in the Mirror and he seems to be a big fan of Rafa’s:

“He brings a different mentality. Everyone knows that if they don’t perform they will be on the bench. That is good for the team. Everyone has to fight for their chance.”

“We believe in ourselves and work hard as a team and we have to do the same thing.”

“When he gives you a chance you have to fight for your place to stay in the team. If you are Tiote, or another player, you have to fight to stay in the Premier League.”

Only today Chancel Mbemba has heaped praise on Rafa for giving the players and the staff confidence that was sadly missing under former head coach Steve McClaren.

Whatever happens this season we just have to keep Rafa Benitez at Newcastle.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Aston Villa?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Chancel Mbemba · Cheick Tiote · Coaching · Jack Colback · Management · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse · Poll · Prayer · Premier League

134 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Luckily the deal fell through and we’re not bemoaning the signing of Saivet as another French flop. Still can’t believe the amount of posters on here happy for him to leave as we languished in the bottom three.

• 2 Thump // May 4, 2016 at 7:33 PM

@Jail: Lest we forget that Tiote was trying to be more forward thinking after Cabaye’s sale (allegedly) which resulted in a drop in form. This is the best form Tiote has been in for some time, and given how he was playing last season and the beginning of this season, the cash from China was a good deal. It did baffle me how Smiler didn’t seem to want to play him when it was clear to a blind man on a galloping horse that we needed some steel in the midfield.

Apparently all Tiote needed was a manager who knows what he was doing. Who knew?

• 3 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Tiote’s lack of form imo coincided with the club promising a move if a CL club came in for him and when Chelsea did the club held out for too much money and tye deal never went through, why he never had a buy out clause is strange though, who knows whst went on behind the scenes when he signed his new deal.

• 4 dcro1 // May 4, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Tiote is an absolute enigma. He was our Kante at one stage. The home win v Man U in 2012 he was absolutely imperious and that was representative of his general form.

Appreciate that was a long time ago but you’ve got to wonder what happened to him?

Delighted he’s back to something approaching his full capabilities.

• 5 Average_Contents // May 4, 2016 at 7:55 PM

For whoever asked about the best addons for sports.

• 6 Average_Contents // May 4, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Or try this. Just search for sports and the best ones will appear.

• 7 Average_Contents // May 4, 2016 at 8:00 PM

That link will lead to a specific addon.

Just use the navigation tab and select sports. He supplies a useful step by step guide too so happy days.

• 8 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Wow, Phoenix most perfect stream I’ve ever seen

• 9 Back Door Man // May 4, 2016 at 8:26 PM

As I’m not one to sit on my big fat arse and complain, or even sit festering with resentment like a bleak portrayal of human vulnerability, I just get even with those who direct their immature capacity for irreverence towards moi.

Tsunki’s cruel linking yesterday of the wonderful BDM to the Rob Vollens/YMFB stew with the hurtful, quote: ” Further to that, I’m quite proud that none of my fellow blog stars accused you of also being Back Door Man. I think that would have been pretty low, thankfully it never happened.”.

That perversion only shows that Tsunki is some kind of junior idiot savant. Any sort of criticism of the wonderful and blessed BDM should be viewed as sacrilege.

So, once we get Tsunki returned to room temperature we’ll discover that lurking below the usual thin veneer of disingenuous, half-baked bollocks we’ll discover him to be suffering from a dose of continous gastrointestinal destress.

• 10 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Are you Ian Toon then perhaps, he’s not been about for a bit.

• 11 banjax // May 4, 2016 at 8:30 PM

I’m going to leave the motivation of players to those who know what they are talking about. It’s really an anathema that players who are paid so we’ll have no professionalism and more importantly, no respect for the club and its supporters. Anyway moving on to the last two games which will sink us if we don’t grasp the good fortune of having to play a demoralised Aston Villa and Spurs. After Monday nights foul fest with Spurs and Chelsea with eye gouging and all, it is truly good fortune that Spurs will lose further players to suspension as well as (hopefully) being mentally flat just in time for our game in two weeks. There is no doubt that Newcastle have had a stroke of luck for our remaining fixtures but whether they can capitalise with 6 points is another matter.

• 12 Average_Contents // May 4, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Been having problems with phoenix sports since it changed.

Fuzzy and jittery.

I’ve tried the links above the specific matches (bet365 and the rest which require zem TV) but there not the same as the high quality links.

• 13 welshgeordie9 // May 4, 2016 at 8:33 PM

This match is boring, can’t see Man City scoring tonight.

• 14 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 8:42 PM

It’s unbelievably crystal clear and not a buffering in sight!

• 15 Bobbybee // May 4, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Half time. Real 1 City 0. An own goal, deflected shot from Bale. Real got another, but was clearly offside so no panic. Ronaldo going through his full collection of dives, clutching his face because he felt the wind erc. To be faif, City ain’t turned up. Couldn’t string three passes together until near the end, when a decent move resulted in a shot hitting the outside of the post. City need to give themselves a shake. Another all spanish cup final?

• 16 Belfast // May 4, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Have this theory that Ian Toon has attended one of his usual barbecues but this barbecue has been full of cannibals and he’s basically been eaten.

• 17 Back Door Man // May 4, 2016 at 8:48 PM

Jail, if that last comment was directed at moi don’t look for complications in my simple prose … if you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras.

Apologies if I got your post wrong.

• 18 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 8:48 PM

BDM @9 – admittedly it was a half baked joke but at the expense of YMFB (aka the oily centipede Rob Vollans) and only using your name for it’s unfortunate juxtaposition to his faux revelation. I expect you didn’t understand that last sentence, much less the joke. it’s DISTRESS btw, something you appear to be in a lot of the time. Rob.

• 19 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 8:51 PM

Belfast I think he’s had a busy Easter. In a professional sense.

• 20 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 8:53 PM

I seen him in Camden Town sporting a gentry beard and chatting up a really hot chick before dashing off for a meeting. Might not have been him mind.

• 21 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Oh and BDM, as any kitchen fitter would tell you, I don’t go in for thin veneer.

• 22 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Who were you previously, I don’t buy the fact that new posters have such great blog history.

• 23 welshgeordie9 // May 4, 2016 at 8:57 PM

If anyone wants to watch a messed up film, and i really really mean a messed up film then watch human centipede, my mates reckon there’s something wrong with me and I need help because i told them I watch all three of the films.

Ha ha ha

• 24 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 8:57 PM

So where is our portly bodybuilding gay Irish/Yorkshireman with an improved Web presence this evening? Is he flexing his illiteracy as BDM?

• 25 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 8:59 PM

welshie me old mate, have you seen black sheep the zombie film about your favourite four legged friends?

• 26 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 9:00 PM

So because I mentioned centipede you confess to watching not just the first but all three of those desperate films, Welshie? What happens when I mention “It’s a Knockout” then?

• 27 Thump // May 4, 2016 at 9:02 PM

@Jail: I think that whole “Tiote to Chelsea” thing may have largely been a case of intentionally holding out so we could turn to him and say “sorry lad, they just didn’t meet our valuation. It was insulting what they were offering”. His head did definitely drop after that, so I doubt it’s coincidence.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // May 4, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Look absolutely toothless M City

• 29 welshgeordie9 // May 4, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Could be worse guys, I’ve could have said I’ve watched all bad and I mean bad all sharknado films.

Ha ha ha

• 30 welshgeordie9 // May 4, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Then again i should have watched those films tonight rather than this match tonight, man city have been terrible.

• 31 jimmysmith // May 4, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Tiote is the one defensive mid at the club that I think might be a starter next year. He was top notch alongside Cabaye. A central midfield three of the calibre of Tiote, Cabaye and Sissoko/ Widjnaldum would fit the bill. The likes of Colback, Anita, Shelvey and De Jong might be worth their places in the squad, but it’s hard to see them as instrumental to a side with top 8 aspirations, which Rafa would surely demand. We will still need at least one midfield starter brought in should we stay up.

• 32 Jib // May 4, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Every time I hear Myfanwy I start laughing and the Missus goes potty.
    Twin Town has a lot to answer for 😀

• 33 bettyswallocks // May 4, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Poor showing from City. I thought they were holding back for a late assault but it never materialised. Never mind well just have to take the piss out of our Welsh friend.

Welshie…… Why did the Welshman cross the road?
    Cos he heard the chicken was a slut.

• 34 ToonAndy // May 4, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Jesus Christ could walk on water… Cheick Tiote can swim through land…

• 35 welshgeordie9 // May 4, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Twin town is a very funny film, it’s just like Swansea.

Ha ha ha

• 36 bettyswallocks // May 4, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Toon Andy…… He can’t walk on water any more. His feet leak.

• 37 ToonAndy // May 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM

A police officer one pulled Cheick over for speeding… Cheick let him off with a warning

• 38 bettyswallocks // May 4, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Tsunki….. Are you ok after that verbal assault. I know you’re quite a sensitive soul. With regards to Rob the plot is thickening again.

• 39 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 10:27 PM

• 40 Lindisfarne // May 4, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Whats it gonna be?

• 41 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM

Betty I’m over it.

• 42 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 10:56 PM

Lindy – you say you got a real solution? Tell Mike.

• 43 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 10:58 PM

You’re over it???? Lmao you never had to be in it. Silly guy.

• 44 manxpie // May 4, 2016 at 11:07 PM

ibiza sorry for late reply
    but on mbemba he’s been good and bad all season same under rafa cost us the norwich game imo plus the 1st in the southampton game
    lacelles only got in the team through injury and has been immense since so hard to say he’s improved and anita has been shite 90% of his time here in his preferred position but by “bad” luck he has been immense at RB again hard to say rafa has improved him

i feel our upturn has been the system and tiote back and a more natural LB plus players who actually have some fight in them mainly the players already mentioned and townsend
    the most surprising thing is wat is wrong with de jong i thought he would be a perfect rafa player not had a sniff !

• 45 bettyswallocks // May 4, 2016 at 11:10 PM

Rob… Tsunki is a distinguished blogger and deserves to be treated more respectfully than that. He was blogging when you were only a twinkle in your uncle’s eye.

• 46 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM

Lol great logic. Anyone who isn’t a distinguished blogger on here deserves less respect then those who are. Wow, nice one mate.

• 47 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Yeah, he can say whatever he wants about Rob yet when I say something about him it’s all wrong. Yep, thought so.

• 48 jimmysmith // May 4, 2016 at 11:27 PM

This Villa game is terrifying. The players can much more naturally get up for a game against the better sides, both home and away . There is so much pressure on this one that preparing for it will require something quite unique, and we do tend to almost forfeit the first half, as we seem to falsely manufacture a sense of disciplined calm that too often resembles something more of a torpor.

• 49 manxpie // May 4, 2016 at 11:30 PM

no rob just the ones who are multiples and are weird enough to create different personas especially ones that attract large ammounts of sympathy and well wishes
    in short creeps!

• 50 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 11:31 PM

I actually can’t believe you guys think I’d stoop so low to pretend to have an account of someone who is critically ill. I admit that I come on here on the wind up sometimes but I’d never do something that vile and extreme. Then you guys think I’m lying about being gay, I wish I was to be honest now that me and my brothers relationship has gone downhill. He says ‘its hard for him’ like what a joke. How about how hard it’s been for me to keep that in my whole life knowing that I might not be accepted by my whole family. I would also never lie about that because I know exactly how it feels to be gay so why would I make fun of Them? I might be a p***K sometimes but I’m not a disgusting human being. Sad that I’ve given you that impression.

• 51 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 11:34 PM

I actually prefer Rob to do all the talking for me 🙂

Betty – “distinguished blogger”? Is this about the money I owe you? 😀

• 52 lesh // May 4, 2016 at 11:35 PM

Your post @50, well, I’ve got to be honest, it brought a tear to my eye.

• 53 manxpie // May 4, 2016 at 11:36 PM

you better believe rob as otherwise ya might end up in a mental hospital!

• 54 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 11:37 PM

No he’s just trying to get deeper into Uranus.

• 55 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM

I’m glad you all could join our group. We’re all friends here.

“I’m Tsunki, and I’ve been a blogger for many years.”

“Hi Tsunki!”

I started blogging after a run of disastrous results. Things got worse until I found that I couldn’t do without blogging two, three, four times a day. I admit it – I’m a blogaholic”

• 56 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM

*cue the gay joke from betty*

• 57 Tsunki // May 4, 2016 at 11:39 PM

..unless I beat him to it Boom Boom!

• 58 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 4, 2016 at 11:40 PM

Lemme hear it Skunki.

• 59 bettyswallocks // May 4, 2016 at 11:48 PM

The jokes in there@50. Not even well disguised Rob. Do better next time. If it’s hard for him and harder still for you , where do we go from there?

• 60 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 12:03 AM

incest aswell jesus!!

• 61 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Rob….. Do you smoke?

• 62 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 12:12 AM

You know, I can tell that things are at the desperate stage when I get that old chestnut “Skunki”. Ho ho ho I laugh to myself. Ha ha ha.

• 63 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 12:14 AM

Rob, how do you think the blog intervention is going? Feels good to finally offload all that hurt doesn’t it?

• 64 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 12:16 AM

well i’ve worked it out rob is belfast
    lets face it
    it all adds up he was the one with all the facts on rob and his many names and he calls you skunki!
    case closed

• 65 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:17 AM

Lol, that joke wasn’t even meant to be one, that post was serious. But ermm, fair play haha. Having read that back I’m like wow, that just sounds so wrong. I think you know I meant that he finds it tough to deal with the fact I’m gay lol. We got there!!

Tsunki shhh, I remember someone ages ago calling you Skunki but I couldn’t remember so I just put it. Could you enlighten me?

• 66 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 12:21 AM

Tsunki…….. He seems to have got it in for you????

• 67 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:21 AM

Well, to be honest no it doesn’t. I’m telling people that have no clue who I am so why on earth would they care? I don’t really have anyone to talk to about it since my dad wants me to be quiet on my serial orientation. I have quite a few younger siblings and he doesn’t want them to get bullied at school for having a ‘gay brother’. Ugh, I understand him like, I just feel like I’m not getting anywhere since I told them. Lol, you know it’s desperate when I’m on here talking about my life.

• 68 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:23 AM

Ugh serial… *sexual

Lol you guys are gonna think I’m serial killer now.

• 69 firebug666 // May 5, 2016 at 12:24 AM

I see the “Football Blog” is back to being a bleating hearts blog.

Oooh poor me, poor me, Poor me another drink. ffs.

• 70 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 12:25 AM

Betty I’m starting to feel…not comfortable with that….. 😐

• 71 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:27 AM

By the way, just put your rob agenda to one side- not a guilt trip at all- and just tell yourselves that you might be wrong about me being rob. Don’t you have the slightest conscience that maybe I’m telling the truth? In which case you’re effectively bullying an 18 year old, openly gay blogger who’s going through a tough time at this moment? Believe what you want but I know that this is the truth.

• 72 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 12:28 AM

Honestly if this is all an elaborate hoax by Belfast I would definitely put in a contribution to have him knee capped. I can imagine him wanting to get revenge for the Pokat Incident, but this would be beyond the pale!

• 73 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:28 AM

Firebug Is back?

Isnt the blog blessed.

• 74 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:30 AM

Nah il spare Belfast, I have no idea who he is but we aren’t the same person. Don’t know why I’m helping him when he is the one that got you all believing this ‘rob’ bollox.

• 75 expatmag // May 5, 2016 at 12:30 AM

Get a fcuking life instead of spending your nights whinging on a blog………boring twat

• 76 firebug666 // May 5, 2016 at 12:30 AM

YoungMagpieFromBurnley @71

You have lied to us in the past, used several names to do so, and openly admitted it, so why should you expect anyone to believe a word you say?

• 77 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM

Hi Firebug nice to see you’re still alive. Guess I can stop putting flowers in front of your plaque in the memorial garden. The one next to Beattie, Indian Magpie and Jesper…

• 78 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM

thats next on your list by the sounds of it rob jesus christ!!
    next year crime watch will have a 1000 calls from the nufc blog saying “yeah thats rob vollans!!”
    and yeah firebug i bet ya glad ya back!?

• 79 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM

Were the Samaritans engaged or do they just hang up when they know it’s you?

• 80 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM

Did I say I expect people to believe me? Pour me another f***ing drink.

• 81 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 12:32 AM

Yeah but weren’t you Irishgeordie once? The plot thickens…

• 82 firebug666 // May 5, 2016 at 12:33 AM

Nice to be back, had to take some time off. I hope those flowers were expensive mind, not those cheap ones off that bloke with a bucket on the corner.

• 83 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 12:33 AM

Tsunki…….. It would be nice to get to the bottom of it.

• 84 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:34 AM

Expat that is comedy gold right there.

Isn’t that what everyone does on this blog for one reason or another? Hypocrite.

• 85 Laurent Robert 32 // May 5, 2016 at 12:34 AM

I think a couple of early goals are most definitely needed against Villa as they may well implode and be liable to concede a few more. Scoring a couple in their last game was a wee bit worrying, but glad they were beaten again to keep confidence low.

• 86 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 12:35 AM

tsunki you gotta admit he was the blog legend that outed rob before he did himself ofcourse and then skunkie appears
    i blame belfast 🙂

• 87 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:37 AM

Irish geordie was made when I was 17. As you all know the serial trolls at that time were Welsh and Jeff. When I joined this blog my intentions were good, to communicate with fellow nufc fans, however they got in the way of that. So I made Irish Geordie un an attempt to drive Welsh off of the blog, obviously I thought I was doing a good deed trying to get this parasite of the blog however be wouldn’t go. Eventually I lost the password for that account so I made this one.

• 88 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 12:38 AM

Belfast is a devious and untrustworthy character of unsavoury demeanour. Shifty, close-set eyes, small hands and suspiciously low moral fibre. Apart from that a great bloke, wouldn’t hear a bad word about him.

• 89 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 12:42 AM

laurent yeah i agree hopefully its time to see 2 up top
    their defense is shocking but i do worry about their tall striker forgot his name they always seem to cause us trouble
    wish this was a home game i’d be alot more confident
    take gini out and have sisko on the left and mitro and cisse up top

• 90 firebug666 // May 5, 2016 at 12:42 AM

It must be hard for you kidda, you have been 17 for so long now, why not take another couple of years off and come back when you are 18.

• 91 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:43 AM

What are you talking about?

• 92 Back Door Man // May 5, 2016 at 12:45 AM

Tsunki, yep it could have been ‘distress’ and would have made sense, but ‘destress’ (with or without a hyphen, as either is correct) was the correct word in the context of the sentence.

Destress (with or without a hyphen) means a relaxed state.  So, to back to the intended meaning of that final sentence … the natural state of your giblets, bowels, assorted sphincters, dirt-hole, and so on, is relaxed allowing the constant, uncontrolled passage of a foul smelling brew.

I’m content to be corrected where appropriate but get it right the next time;  don’t show us that you remain uncertain, floundering and unable wholly to marshal your thoughts.

• 93 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:46 AM

I have an idea/suggestion.

Why don’t you all do the blog some good and just ignore me? Think about all the other poor bloggers who maybe just want to interact with fellow nufc fans but can’t because you keep on talking to me. Or maybe they aren’t distinguished bloggers so they don’t deserve the same respect as you guys think you do.

• 94 firebug666 // May 5, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Did you not say recently that you are just a 17 year old kid under this persona? when you were bleating to BandB I think it was. maybe your birthday is on 29th Feb you you only get one every four years.

Like I said pal difficult to believe a word you say.

• 95 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 12:47 AM

Welshie a parasite. No, NO I’m not having that. He’s a very very nice man.

• 96 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Well our post being sandwiched clearly mean me and Bdm aren’t the same person. Gosh would you look at that Tsunki, you were wrong. What a suprise…

• 97 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:49 AM

What are you talking about I’m 18 now. I turned 18 on the 26/09/2015. Thank-you very much.

• 98 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 12:51 AM

yep agree tsunki shifty as they come his absence at the same time that “rob” posts gives it away even more plus i forgot the irishgeordie link its all there shame on you belfast!!

• 99 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:51 AM

It’s funny because you guys don’t realise just how wrong you are. I actually wish TFL would just post telling everyone that we aren’t the same because I would just like to move on from this.

• 100 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:52 AM

Lol @ Belfast. It’s not great being outed as something you ain’t is it?

• 101 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 12:55 AM

back door man “to back to the” doesn’t make sense just letting you know as you invited it

• 102 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 12:57 AM

Clever Manx, I would never have noticed that mistake of his had you not pointed that out for everyone. You are just a class above everyone else aren’t you?!

• 103 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 12:58 AM

BDM is sounding more and more like Blackas, particularly with his digs at Tsunki. This place is a proper cuckoos nest. Good craic though.

• 104 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:00 AM

don’t pick on me rob ive got cancer and aids and typhoid but worst of the lot a bloody man cold!!!

• 105 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 1:00 AM

Funny that betty, since I always thought that bdm and blackley were the same people. Both very pompous and happy to speak in third person to heighten there stance.

• 106 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 1:01 AM

• 107 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:07 AM

nah betty cuckoos nest was a made up film this is a real fusker!!!

• 108 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:08 AM

• 109 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 1:10 AM

Anyway I’m off to bed, got work tomorrow.

• 110 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 5, 2016 at 1:11 AM

• 111 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 1:11 AM

Manx……. Great film , have you seen it?

• 112 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:16 AM

night rob where do ya work?

• 113 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:17 AM

yeah betty great film not for a long time though might watch it again to see which character fits on here tho!

• 114 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:20 AM

jack nicholson is obviously me tho!

• 115 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 1:28 AM

Manx………. That would be amusing. You have to be so adaptable to post on here. I tend to behave like a lunatic when talking to Rob otherwise how will he understand me.

• 116 Back Door Man // May 5, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Manx dear boy, look at the preceding comma … make sense now?

Anyway, please, dear bloggers, don’t be blinded by the sibylline seductiveness of my prose when comparing it with the jejune dross produced by Tsunki.

His ball-breaking corporate flipchart fest of opinions is only marginally worse than the stuff the Jocko Wee-Free fanatics spout from the pulpit.

Some here might think the BDM v Tsunki ruck is a bit like that play written by that old Greek fella Sophocles about Antigone’s brothes killing each other, it ain’t really … it’s (on my part anyway) just joshing.

Just remember partisan mischief-making is my tactic, humour and sarcasm my sword and shield.

• 117 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 1:36 AM

BDM/Blackley……… You fooled us for a fair while.

• 118 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:39 AM

“So, to back to the intended meaning of that final sentence”
    that makes sense then does it?
    please enlighten me?
    i like to learn
    jst saying!!

• 119 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 1:41 AM

BDM/Blackley……… You fooled us for a fair while. Good effort.

• 120 manxpie // May 5, 2016 at 1:45 AM

well only rob knows that betty but its a very sad state joking aside
    i used to love coming on here and have a discussion about nufc that usually turned into a healthy debate but now its gone completely and its a proper shame like
    people can blame the way the team is but really its down to the posters to turn it around

• 121 Lindisfarne // May 5, 2016 at 6:40 AM

Milan, Lazio, Barcelona all supposedly circling our players, do we have a CL squad under our noses.

• 122 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Apparently Barcelona have had a scouting team watch NUFC’s last 3 games.

They are looking for replacements for Iniesta and Xavi.

As the article says , someone to sit behind the trio of Neymar Messi and Suarez.

Could a young Spaniard resist a move to Barcelona ?

The writer of the article seems to know NUFC’s mentality – he says could the Toon resist the profit margin .

• 123 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:49 AM

All speculation on Perez, we don’t know what division we’ll be in or how much influence Rafa has and if Rafa even wants him or 10M the most.

• 124 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 7:55 AM

Maybe the Barcelona scouting team are looking at Doumbia sitting in the stands through binoculars 😀

• 125 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 7:57 AM

There is an article in the Spanish press which I didn’t bother with as too silly – viz – if Leicester lose Jamie Vardy they may come for Doumbia !!

• 126 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 8:00 AM

We know it’s all speculation !
    That’s what blogs thrive on !
    Speculation !
    Ding Dong !

• 127 sing in the corner // May 5, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Barcelona must be taking a real longer term view if they are watching Perez at the moment. He’s been very poor for a while.

• 128 davis_toons // May 5, 2016 at 8:03 AM

Hopefully we can win this next game and Spurs Players Ban can help us too.

• 129 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 8:07 AM

Is he even in the stands anymore?

• 130 hibbitt // May 5, 2016 at 8:09 AM

Jail for Ashley

not even sure he’s on tyneside anymore !!

• 131 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 8:20 AM

Good morning Manx…I’ve actually been a fan of Anita for a while. But he has lacked consistency. Does it matter how he ended up at RB? Since he’s been there, under Rafa, he’s been consistent.

Mbemba I can let slide, he’s been good in the most part this season. Of course he makes mistakes, he is a young CB still adjusting to the PL.

Lascelles has improved. Fair enough if you don’t know whether to credit Rafa with that. I do think he’s created the revived energy about the place, which allowed such a reaction from the young lad a little while back. For me, that was his catalyst.

The fight is a huge part of what I’m talking about. Most of the players you mention lacked it under McClaren.

Would it be fair to say that Rafa has increased the passion and fight in the players, or at least some of them? Does that not improve them?

Not a clue on De Jong really. It’s telling that Cisse is getting so many minutes but Siem isn’t.

• 132 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 8:27 AM

I don’t know what Pardew had the other two didn’t where he could at least get them to play for tenth, maybe the players liked him more. But they obviously completely chucked the towel in for Carver and when Mclaren came in and tried to convince them that it would be good to finish tenth for their bonuses knowing by now the club were happy for them to finish 11th to save wages it took any type of belief or pride away.

• 133 anthc // May 5, 2016 at 8:32 AM

Have to agree about perez being poor of late. He lacks any physical presence and isn’t the quickest. He’s a clever player but far from the finished article and personally don’t think he would get a sniff at barca.

• 134 Ron Knee // May 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM

He’s a skilful player but his decision-making is poor.

previous post: Lazio Are Another Club Interested In Newcastle Winger