The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

22 Year-Old – Things Changing At Newcastle – We Can See That

10:03 am, Thursday, May 5th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 19 Comments

Rafa Benitez is now having a real impact at Newcastle, after having a tough time of it in his first four games when we picked up just one point – the draw at home to Sunderland.

But Newcastle have looked a very good team in our last four games and we have picked up a good 8 points with a couple of home wins  and given ourselves a chance of survival in the final two games of this season.

Rafa Benitez is having a huge impact at the club – and 22 year-old Spanish U21 International Ayoze Perez has said that in his latest interview in the Chronicle today.

rafa bentiez ayoze perez

Rafa Benitez with Ayoze Perez

This is what Ayoze has said about Rafa:

“It’s really good that he’s here, for me and the team.” “We are doing really well. Things are changing at the club and we can all see that.”

“We need to keep believing and keep doing what we’re doing. We’ll try to win the last two games and stay up, but we must go one at a time.”

“When you come on it can be hard to adjust to the tempo of the game, you have to adapt to it.”

“I made the run, but we kept the lead.” “That’s the most important thing.”

Perez is talking there about the chance he missed late in the game against Palace last Saturday – and it was interesting to see Rafa walking off the pitch with the youngster coaching him and giving him advice on that particular opportunity.

It´s great to see Rafa in coaching mode nearly all of the time – and no wonder he is already making better players of some of the Newcastle squad.

If we can keep Rafa Benitez at the club there will be lots of positive changes that will happen on Tyneside, because Rafa is a football man with loads of experience at some of the world´s top clubs.

That´s a huge positive contrast to people like Lee Charnley running the club.

Lee knows very little about football – and that lack of practical football knowledge linked with some sheer management incompetence he has shown over the last two seasons are major reasons Newcastle have been fighting against relegation.

If we can keep Rafa Benitez on Tyneside, then our future success as a club is almost guaranteed and Ayoze Perez will become a much better player on Tyneside.

But that´s going to be the big test for Newcastle if we cannot avoid the drop this season – how do we keep Rafa?

How Will Newcastle Fare At Aston Villa?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Ayoze Perez · Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League · Press

19 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM

Chumlee to be replaced in the summer is my bet. I can’t see how the board can retain their places after so many disasters under their watch. Ashley gave them a good wedge and they wasted a lot of it. If Rafa stays they’ll go for sure. He might get another job pen pushing, but I can’t see how his current position can be retained. He failed, it’s that simple. Ashley must be able to see that this is how you do it properly.

• 2 Hail Wor Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Him or Gini at the weekend? It being away I might be inclined to go for Perez. though it’s a toss of the coin really, neither up to much this year, and there doesn’t seem to be any alternatives Rafa is confident enough in.

• 3 Veltmann // May 5, 2016 at 10:20 AM

We won’t go down..

I can see both Norwich and the Mackems get spanked this week and we will make a 4pts gap.
    The worst case senario that may happen is we gonna have to beat Tottenham in the final day.
    Oh well,

• 4 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:25 AM

I’d like to see Aarons given a run down the left against Villa myself. With Townsend down the right and Aarons the left, Villa would have too much to cope with. Gini doesn’t travel well – something that needs addressing – and Perez hasn’t had the best of seasons. With Villa’s lack of pace in defence, I think it’s a no brainer for me.

• 5 JP...from The Rock // May 5, 2016 at 10:25 AM

I would like Armstrong to continue his development in the Championship next season be it with us or not. He is a natural finisher as he always looks so composed in front of goal. He is good with both feet and has pace. He is exactly what we need right now tbh. But he is still raw. He needs that experience at a higher tier so the Championship would be perfect to develop him into the lethal Geordie striker we’ve all been missing since Shearer.

He has all the attributes to become a local hero for many years to come but still needs to develop further. If we go down he could play upfront alongside Mitro if he stays, and I think that is a partnership made in heaven tbh- Mitro’s strength together with Arma’s pace and finishing.

• 6 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Veltman, plenty had us dead and buried a few weeks ago and the bookies had us massive favourites for the drop. We were 17/1 on and sunlun 7/2 against, but that’s all changed now. I’m sure even the most pessimistic fan would have snapped your hand off with going into the Spurs game still in with a chance. Beat Villa and see where that leaves us. I’ve never once given up, along with a good few others on here and won’t until i know we’re mathematically done. Great believer in positive thinking! 😉

• 7 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:43 AM

JP, we agree on that for sure – he’s got the capability to be a legend one day. 😉 Following our academy and U21’s, i’ve raved about this lad since he first played for the kids. Nothing has changed my view. Had a bet on him beating Charlton’s England record before he even played for the first team, that’s how highly i rate him. It’ll be down to Rafa hopefully, whether he sends him out on loan or drafts him into the first team. He’s already sharper in front of goal than anything we’ve got currently, so I’d like to see him in the PL next season.

• 8 bladeuser // May 5, 2016 at 10:46 AM

very good team pull the other one the football we play is the same they cannot string two passes together all that has happened is they have tightened up a bit in defence and that is credit to RAFA and Lasselles so stop with the crap about becoming a very good team because your very good team could get beat on Saturday by a very bad team u hope not I really do but never count anything out with this bunch of misfits

• 9 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Bladeuser, go eat some of those blades eh? I notice you say ‘your team’, not our team. Mackem troll.

• 10 Termijn // May 5, 2016 at 10:57 AM

I would think a win against Villa could see us safe as I fail to see either Sunderland or Norwich getting the points required to catch us. I expect them both to lose this weekend and us to win giving us a four point and a huge psychological advantage. I think people need to remember neither Sunderland or Norwich are actually very good, hence why they find themselves in the relegation zone. For me Norwich are as good as down and I cant see Sunderland getting more than a point from their next two games.

• 11 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Amen to that termijn! 😉

• 12 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Lets face it we looked dead and buried after we completely threw tge towel in against Soton, that dod not look like a team that wanted to stay up, I wonder how much of a coincidence Jaanmatt being injured was with our turn around. Saying you think they will go down is not the same as giving up on them, you wouldn’t be stood screaming your head off at the game if you’d given up on them.

• 13 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Does it really matter if the mackems lose or draw against Chelsea if they beat Everton.

• 14 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Aye it does, if they get a point it’s out of our hands again.

• 15 Hail Wor Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 11:12 AM

My current disposition is to think the worst, which right now is a win with a Mackem draw at the weekend, they win their game in hand and we go into the final day on the same points with an insurmountable GD…… difference. We win, but so do they thanks to some shyster ref and we are relegated because of some of the earlier season surrenders.

• 16 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 11:13 AM

A wire tapping sting in France has revealed that between 2009/12 , various fraudulent transfers of Marseilles players took place.

André-Pierre Gignac, Loic Remy, Lucho Gonzalez, Stephane M’Bia and Hatem Ben Arfa have all been named.

Ben Arfa’s lawyers have issued an official staement in L’Equipe saying he wasn’t involved.

• 17 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 11:13 AM

We just have to pray that Chelsea turn up on Saturday and so do we.

• 18 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Jib, do us a favour marra, give us a brief idea what’s been said. My french is as bad as my double dutch! 😉

• 19 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 11:26 AM

The same chelsea that played spurs will do me.

previous post: Surprise News On New Contract For 24 Year-Old