The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Freddy Shepherd – Give This To Rafa To Get Him To Stay

3:57 pm, Thursday, May 5th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 149 Comments

If Newcastle can win the last two games of the season then it looks like we will be able to avoid relegation and then Rafa Benitez is almost certain to stay with us.

But if the 56 year-old cannot save us this season then some of us are worried he will simply walk out of the door and leave for pastures anew – and that would be tragic for Newcastle.

He is already showing what he can do at the club with limited resources as he has fringe players like Darlow, Lascelles, Anita, Tiote and Cisse playing some very good football.

rafa benitez arrives at st james pk

Rafa Benitez – keep this man at Newcastle – PLEASE!

Former Chairman Freddy Shepherd has been speaking to Sky Sports and  when asked what he thought Rafa Benitez´ future was with Newcastle he offered this interesting response as to what it would take to keep Rafa at Newcastle:

“They’ve got to make him an offer that he can’t resist – it’s as simple as that,”

“I know that’s a bit blunt, but it’s as simple as that with managers, you’ve got to make them an offer they that they can’t refuse.”

“I think he’d love to stay personally.” “He lives in the Liverpool area so it’s not too far away.”

“We’ve got two games left, the other boys Norwich and Sunderland have three.”

“But I’m still confident Newcastle will do it, I think we’ll get the six points from the next two games.”

“And I think Norwich and Sunderland are going to go and when Steve McClaren had to go, I think it was right time for him to go unfortunately.”

“Fortunately for Newcastle though, Rafa’s come in and done a great job. He’s given confidence back to the team.

“And just looking at it, the most important thing was the defense; he’s sorted the defense out.”

Who would think Rafa would have this defense playing so well together?

Darlow
Anita Mbemba Lascelles Dummett

Why wouldn’t Mike Ashley offer Rafa and his coaches new eight year deals at the end of the season?

That would be whether he keeps us in the Premier League or not and would let Rafa know he would be given time and money to build a top team on Tyneside that could be in the Champions League as soon as possible.

And even if we are in the Championship next season – the worst case scenario –  he would be able to start building a good team immediately and get rid of the dead wood at the club.

And with Rafa as the manager we dare say we’d get some full houses during the season as we should be winning  a lot of games.

This is a huge opportunity for Mike Ashley to do something good for Newcastle United for a change – and he should take it.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Aston Villa?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Compensation · Contracts · European Champions League · Financials · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League

149 responses so far ↓

• 1 Wayayman // May 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM

All these years that the defence has been heavily (and rightly) criticised when all it’s taken is a coach who knows what he’s doing. Who would’ve thunk it?

• 2 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 4:18 PM

I see Townsend has been shortlisted for the PFA players of the month award (April).

• 3 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Can’t agree it wad the right time for McCarvew to go, he should have gone at least two games earlier. One could well argue he shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

• 4 barkel // May 5, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Jail, I would agree with the latter. A very underwhelming appointment to begin with although if we do stay up and Rafa stays with us it may be better in the long run.

• 5 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 4:27 PM

Wayaman,
    It would have helped if they’d bought more defenders as well mind. We’ve had CB’s and RW as LB and RB’s and full backs as CBs where they’ve been thoroughly found out, we had probably the least talented CB in defence racking up more appearances than Collo and Taylor put together. It’s been a shambles.

• 6 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Ibiza,
    Would be cracking for him if he made the Euros.

• 7 Mister Tuff // May 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM

For once Fat Freddy has got it spot on. Give Benitez what he wants to stay.
    No more of these second raters/yesterday men.
    Get rid of aiming for mediocrity
    – aim high.
    I never wanted Wally, but like others was prepared to support him as he was in post. But the judge me after ……… were the initial warning signs that things were not right.

Often wonder if there is/was something happening behind the scenes at SJP – that we do not know about – wages/bonuses etc etc. that has resulted in this apathy for most of the season.

• 8 Slank // May 5, 2016 at 4:42 PM

‘…win the last two games of the season then it looks like we will be able to avoid relegation..’

Correction

Win the last two games and only if Sunderland and Norwich lose their games then we will be able to avoid relegation.

Ed, you are far too optimistic.

• 9 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Slank,
    The mackems need to do more than avoid losing if we win both of ours they need to draw one and win two.

• 10 hibbitt // May 5, 2016 at 5:12 PM

all we can do is win our games if we do that we have a chance
    beat villa then look at the table 5 pm saturday

• 11 Veltmann // May 5, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Ibizatoon – a bit surprised by the inclusion of Townsend but made me silently smile.As much as I like him,never expected him to be there like.
    I haven’t seen the performances of Sturidge and that lad from Sunderland but got a feeling, Townsend has a chance now as he looked decent in the last 2 or 3 games.Bit of confidence boosting for him for the games ahead.

• 12 toon22 // May 5, 2016 at 5:22 PM

The fact Townsend might be playing his way into the Euros can only be good for us,he has 2 games to go and really smash it and he will most probs be included.It also is good for the rest of the team as it shows theres a chance at our club this season for some of the others.

• 13 Slank // May 5, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Jail @ 9

Thanks for the clarification.

Sunderland are favourites to avoid relegation. However it’s best to have the points onboard than the games in hand.

I feel Ed is not being realistic in his assessment. Villa and Spurs are not going to be push overs. With the pressure of relegation removed Villa may be a different team to what we have seen this season. Same is true of Spurs now that they cannot win the league. I think form may go out the window.

I’m hoping that Rafa can continue to instil the determination and cohesion that we have seen in the last four games. If so, we have a chance.

• 14 SPRINGY // May 5, 2016 at 5:41 PM

afternoon all
    never had any confidence in mcwally to be honest,but had to give him the chance since he was there…and he did what most thought he would do fail miserably and the dodgy signs were there when the “judge me” statements came out like mister tuff said earlier,for me he should of been replaced after drawing at home to villa,but if he had,we would never of got rafa….so by fluke or fortune its worked out for the better,granted we stop up like!

• 15 SPRINGY // May 5, 2016 at 5:49 PM

villa,since there relegation was confirmed,do seemed to have picked up of late, so no slack half arsed approach and attitude by our lads, thinking they just have to show up to win, please…be nowt but professional,committed and put the game to bed as early as possible with early goals.

• 16 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Like hibbitt says all we can do is win our two games and there really isn’t anymore we can do than that. Except win them 6 and 4 nil 😀 pointless even talking about the last min pen they got because there will be loads of different moments like that over the season. That Collo non sending off was huge.

• 17 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 5:51 PM

I don’t know why Villa hate us so much?

• 18 SPRINGY // May 5, 2016 at 5:53 PM

jail
    probably coz when keegan was here, we gave the a good few hidings

• 19 SPRINGY // May 5, 2016 at 5:54 PM

we gave them#

• 20 SPRINGY // May 5, 2016 at 5:59 PM

a few stories back,we were linked with koulibaly….not that i believe that right now…but if this was to happen,who would miss out….lascelles,mbemba..or would any of them be used in different positions then cb?

• 21 Mister Tuff // May 5, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Just been watching Sky News – that knacker Greg Dyke is saying there is a deal in progress to allow Spurs to play their CL games at Wembley as their new ground will not be ready.
    Disgraceful – shows bias – other clubs should object.

• 22 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Springy,
    You need a competitive back four, I’d like a quality CB to be brought in with Dummet, Lascelles and Mbemba to fight it out to partner him but would prefer Dummet on the bench as LB cover. I also believe that Dummet is good enough to keep a specialist LB on his toes as I believed Simpson was to keep Debuchy on his. We have simply not had enough compitition for places since Ashley took over. Something to do with a “purple” policy.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Did Arsenal not do the same and failed miserably?

• 24 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Nice little earner for the FA is why

• 25 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 6:13 PM

I hope this goon doesn’t regret going public – there’s some funny buggers out there !

• 26 Bambams // May 5, 2016 at 6:14 PM

It’s scandalous Lascelles wasn’t brought into the team much earlier. He is a young man but he has been the difference for me since our upturn in form.

Townsend has received the plaudits and rightly so but this kid at the back looks like he is a natural future England CB

Imo

• 27 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Bambams,
    This is the only time you’ll see me defending McCardrew about anything. Even Rafa started Taylor over him until it was blatantly obvious that he couldn’t anymore.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Jib,
    At least he answered my question! I wonder if he realises how much we hate them now because of it.

• 29 Belfast // May 5, 2016 at 6:42 PM

That was a very amusing conspiracy theory last night Skunki and Manxpie.

But exactly why the blog police rejected both yer applications. 🙂

• 30 Belfast // May 5, 2016 at 6:45 PM

I’d probably still be stuck on the setting up my own blog bit to be honest.

• 31 Belfast // May 5, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Aye Townsend has been a very good signing in my opinion. There was a lot on here saying he was rubbish.

Should definitely be considered for the euros anyway. Walcott and the likes will probably go regardless though.

• 32 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Belfast,
    Have you heard the tragic news today. YMFB has got Ebola, he found out just after he witnessed his kitten being run over by BNP campaign van when it escaped out the front garden gate.

• 33 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Can’t lie on the blog and I wondered why Townsend was being slated, I watched his England debut and he was brilliant, sometimes a manager just doesn’t like a certain player.

• 34 Belfast // May 5, 2016 at 7:01 PM

🙂

He’s been cursed from the moment he turned up. Can’t get a break at all.

• 35 Belfast // May 5, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Manxpie actually made a very good point about him regarding his assists stats at Spurs. The amount of chances he created for Soldado that he fluffed.

He would probably be one of very few I would really like to stick around if we get relegated.

• 36 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Just as well we’re not getting relegated, if people want Townsend to play in the Euro’s. On his current form he’d be out of here the first week of the transfer window, with his release clause. As much as I’d like to see him there, does Woy even attend our games? Too many London boys ahead of him though imo, despite them not being on form.

• 37 dok - the horrid colonial // May 5, 2016 at 7:14 PM

a comment of the vila protest

Don’t worry, you could pull 11 Geordie lads out of the crowd who’ve been on the lash all day and they’d still beat our gutless motley crew! Come to think of it you’d only need the mandatory minimum 7 players on the pitch to secure 3 valuable points. See you next season when we stay over in the Toon when we play the Macams! UTV! VTID.

• 38 Reg nufc // May 5, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Couldn’t agree more look at Leicester

• 39 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Dok, let’s hope so! If all those beach balls end up on the pitch, it may well end up with rival fans on the pitch having a kickabout game. Even outnumbered, we’d probably win! 😉

• 40 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Bobbybee,
    Talking about lying on a blog can you show me where I’ve said I’ll not go back to SJP if Ashley is there, I’m not sure if I’ve stated it unconditionally!

• 41 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Belfast, that’s why I’ve never been a fan of the ‘assists’ stats. They only count if the ball ends up in the net. Chances created gives you a much better overall view of how a player’s performing.

• 42 Lindisfarne // May 5, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Mister Tuff

Precedent set by Arsenal when they were still at Highbury.

• 43 stuart no9 // May 5, 2016 at 7:25 PM

ED — cisse playi ng great football ? really , however , raffa will stay regardless of where we end up next season , what club is going to tickle his fancy and why ??? , no , the man is here to stay unless od cours Ashley comes the cnut with him then hes off . apart from that i can see a 5 year deal coming on

• 44 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Jail, go f#ck yourself. Not interested. You know what you said, why the desperation to change it? ‘Ashley will never get another penny off me’. Just go away and take the borg with you, you hypocrite. I suppose you didn’t slate Jib for his comments on the disabled as well? How long before you change your Jail For Ashley moniker? I ain’t here to row with you, so don’t even try. Aren’t you sick of losing already? You should be. Nobody on here wants to see this kick off again, so be a good little boy and run along. What a clown.

• 45 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Lindisfarne,
    If I remember they were shite at Wembley, I worked on both grounds back in 2006 when did they play at Wembley, surely then Wembley got finished first

• 46 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Bobby,
    You mentalist angry man, I asked you a simple question, answer it or stfu!

• 47 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Jail

What does stfu stand for.

• 48 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Stupid totalitrian ferocious underpant!

• 49 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 7:41 PM

You idiot. You don’t get to tell me what to do, who do you think you are? This ain’t your blog and i don’t care how long you’ve been on here. Another desperate attempt to get me to look like the bad guy, but you lot showed your true colours last time and i would be amazed if anybody even takes you seriously. You know what you said, get over it. Please, somebody else tell this idiot that they don’t want this crap because he clearly isn’t listening to me. I won’t row with you, because you’re too easy to wrap around my finger. Now, for the last time, go away and don’t bother the grown ups.

• 50 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Welshie, underpant? Really? 😉 it means shut the f up marra.

• 51 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:49 PM

No Bobby, you get off your highhorse ranting when someone asks you a question, really who do you think you are? You’ve called me out for being a hypocrite when I’ve been to support the team, I might have said I won’t go back but don’t know if I’ve stated it unconditionally ie if he doesn’t make suitable investement. You can’t have carte blanche on calling people out then going in to apoplectic rages when you’re questioned.

• 52 Lindisfarne // May 5, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Jail for Ashley

I don’t have the dates in my memory and can not be arsed looking, but have a feeling it was prior to 2000 at the old Wembley.

• 53 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Bobby

I wouldn’t take any notice of jail, I’m still waiting for his evidence of me and jib according to him stopping a lot of the bloggers come on here, apparently it was our fault.

• 54 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:52 PM

And where did I tell you what to do you? Can is a question so I’ve asked you to show me where I’ve said I won’t go back unconditionally. Fair question!

• 55 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Anyway I’m off to watch Villarreal win.

• 56 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 7:54 PM

AH! I get it now. So you stated it, but attached certain conditions to it. Seriously you couldn’t make it up. 😉 I post one thing and you immediately attack me with bizarre demands. Go pick a row with somebody else; somebody you might win against. Though, that said, not sure there is anybody on here to fill that post. I’m gonna watch the Liverpool game anyway, so you carry on behind my back as you usually do. 😉

• 57 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Shouldn’t have said that, that means Liverpool will win.

Ha ha ha

• 58 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Lindisfarne,
    Must have been at the old Wembley then, I remember it not suiting them as Highbury was one of the smallest pitches and Wembley one of the biggest, must have been purely down to money though as both grounds where started at around the same time so couldn’t have been a building thing.

• 59 lesh // May 5, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Mister Tuff

London Pride? A gay grouping or whatever?

You know more than me in fact the only London Pride I’m aware of and that’s a bit of an insipid brew.

Anyway, you get in with your knitting…. Sailor!

• 60 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Jail for Ashley //
    Bobbybee,

The number of times you said you would NEVER enter SJP while Ashley is owner is unreal !

If you don’t like hypocrite
    Try
    specious
    dissembling
    unctuous
    two-faced
    snide
    pietistic
    and my personal favourite
    GOBSHITE

• 61 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Bobby,
    Precisely, if I’ve said I won’t go back unless money is spent then money is, I’m hardly a hypocrite am I? Which is what you’ve been shooting me down with because you can’t have a go at me for not attending which you’d love to do. Btw this is not behind your back as you’re going to be able to read it when you’ve calmed down.

• 62 Lindisfarne // May 5, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Jail for Ashley

Defo a money spinner. I knew a season ticket holder at the time and he said they had kept the same people together in the seating arrangement. But the journey and such like put everything out of kilter, hardly a home from home.

• 63 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Jib,
    Google meister,
    Unconditionally ?

• 64 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 8:01 PM

God, you’re so thick. You told me to show you something you said months ago, but I’ve got better things to do. I don’t do requests, or demands, I do as I please. You told me to answer your questions, as if i ever would! I’m gone, you carry on trying to convince yourself you’re not a hypocrite if you must, but i doubt anybody is listening. Are you going to deny you slated Jib forever about his remark? I’m sure he’d love to prove you wrong on that! 😉 You are what you are, words won’t change that. 😉

• 65 lesh // May 5, 2016 at 8:07 PM

Mr Tuff

* the only London Pride I’m aware of is a beer and a pretty insipid brew at that.

• 66 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Before the game starts. Jib, I know. Unconditionally? Can’t remember any conditions. I’ve no idea why he bothers, i rip him every time ffs. I came on to talk football, as usual, but he was straight in as always. Borg alert, they’ll all be bailing in next. Might even it up a bit like! Later. Regardless of who the row involves, it always involves him and his blog police clowns. Always. It was like that before i joined and it has never changed. Bless him, one of lifes losers. 😉

• 67 Offkey // May 5, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Wow, just wow. I think I preferred rob Vollans

• 68 Toon Tang // May 5, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Freddy got fingered…

• 69 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 8:12 PM

I can see Villareal getting a pen before this match is finished !

• 70 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 8:18 PM

No Bobby, I actually think you are so so short sighted due to your head being stuck up your arse it is you that is thick. I’ve said I’ll not go back unless I see change or investment, we’ve seen both this season.

• 71 Toon fm Exeter // May 5, 2016 at 8:19 PM

Guys not posted for a while but have been reading and there seems to be an awful lot of petty arguing . Reminds me of the leazes end in the 70’s when the different areas of the Toon would try to out shout each other then have a barney with each other if there were no away supporters.Anyway hoping for a good win away to villa and the cockneys and mancs to help us out and then hope Watford and Everton don’t have their flip flops on.

• 72 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 8:36 PM

• 73 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 8:39 PM

They sell Bobby mugs for €13.80.

We get ours for free.

Winning.

• 74 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Jail for Ashley // May 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM

BandB,
    I promise I am not going back until there are radical changes.
    I found this little nugget from two years ago, took swhike

• 75 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 8:59 PM

*took awhile mind, we need the googlemesister and angry fan to back up their accusations that I’m a hypocrite

• 76 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Jail…You have spoken of Ashley quite a few times on this blog, so I’d say it’s probably likely that there have been some which were less specific, it happens to us all, otherwise posts can get rather lengthy (and you know how much I hate long posts…).

Not sure that should even be an issue though. You’ve consistently said where you stand. It’s not about Ashley, but his running of NUFC. If that changed, you’ve always said so would your stance.

Can’t think too many on here would argue that point. There clearly will be some though. Doubt you’ll lose too much sleep over it.

• 77 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 9:11 PM

We don’t need to go back
    We all have good memories
    You’ve banged on day after day , ad nauseum for years .
    Look at yr user name ffs
    The biggest condemnation is the lack of support from your usual muckers – they are all sitting thinking – “ffs JfA this is one you cannot deny”
    You fifty faced f@ckwit.

• 78 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Anyway, I’m thinking we should all take up some relaxation lessons on this blog.

Breathing exercises.
    Some Yoga.
    A bit of chanting perhaps.

Om…….

• 79 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Jibberish,
    I’ll take that as you can’t then as it would have been in type by now. Osctgat what’s made you angry?

• 80 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:16 PM

???
    Is that

• 81 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Jib…Come on now, give us an “om”.

Who is “we all”? I think you can probably find a quote from Bobby about his memory 🙂

Anyway, I thought now was the time for being united, getting behind the team. Why turn on a fellow fan? He may not be the type of fan you like, but that’s just an opinion. It doesn’t make him not a fan.

He wants to do his bit and you’re going to goad him?

Should I expect a post back in Spanish? Just want to know whether to get up Google Translate.

• 82 Average_Contents // May 5, 2016 at 9:19 PM

And……he’s off. Give it a rest.

Oops, I’ve only gone and suggested you do something.

Nobody tells YOU, do they.

Issues with authority. Superiority complex. Anger issues. Defensive from the off.

Psychologists wet dream.

• 83 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Right, relaxation tips. Anyone?

• 84 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:21 PM

I’ve found the most useful website. Ten Simple Relaxation Tips. In reverse order….

10) Take an attitude break.

We’re all going to be in a much better place soon. I can feel it.

• 85 Average_Contents // May 5, 2016 at 9:24 PM

(9) Displace your head from your arse.

• 86 Essex Geordie Bill // May 5, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Freddy loves to spend money. so long as it aint his.

Can’t disagree with what he is saying though.

• 87 Essex Geordie Bill // May 5, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Just thought I would sidestep the argument and comment on the headline content.

• 88 Jib // May 5, 2016 at 9:32 PM

Actually Essex I was thinking along the same lines.
    8 years at £4,500,000 pa works out at about what Fat Fred got for his shares – would he have paid that .
    SBR in his autobiography said when Shepherd first approached him to come to the Toon he offered Bobby about a quarter of the going rate.

• 89 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:32 PM

AC…Number 4 is “Take a Look Around You”, which could be connected to getting your head out of your arse I guess. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Actually, we’re not, I did it in reverse order. Maybe not a wise move?

10 to 4, where to next? It’s too early for number 7 “Self – massage”

Essex…Tbf, it’s always easier to spend others money. It’s always been the mental thing about Ashley. Spend the money on the management / coaching and reap the rewards. My view is the playing side of it was never really the important part.

Have times changed? Bishop certainly gives him better advice.

• 90 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:34 PM

EGB,
    It started thread related, turned into a rant when I said you can’t lie on a blog about Townsend!

• 91 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM

And then on the subject of lying asked where I’ve said I won’t go back to the ground.

• 92 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:36 PM

We have to remember, it’s a completely different business to when Freddy was here. Ashley managed to reduce income in certain areas, but with the TV deal still come out a winner. I suppose he does make his own luck when it suits 🙂

With the money coming in from the PL, there is no reason not to be paying £4.5m p.a on a decent manager. Not to say there isn’t better value out there. Do we need to find it though?

• 93 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Jail…What do you mean you can’t lie on a blog about Townsend?

He’s 30 feet tall.

Done

• 94 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:42 PM

And handsome 😀

• 95 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Ffs,
    Lpool shite all season and are probably going to get in CL.

• 96 Essex Geordie Bill // May 5, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Jail
    To be honest I take what is said on the blog with a pinch of salt.
    I reckon if the argumentative s*ds on the blog were to meet up in a pub they would be more likely to have a laugh than a fight.

• 97 Toon fm Exeter // May 5, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Your man Klopp is very animated

• 98 giimps // May 5, 2016 at 9:45 PM

A little off topic guys, but iv tried understanding the wording regarding season ticket upgrading and I’m lost, I have 3 season tickets for the family enclosure 2 kids and mine, I’m not sure if I’m going to make the spuds game so can’t take the kids with me but I will take mine and go to the game if I can get back in time.
    If I give my tickets to a mate or somebody else, how do I upgrade the tickets to adult ones as the wording says I can’t lend them to anyone but it mentions upgrading junior tickets up to 2 times per season?
    Cheers for any info

• 99 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 9:46 PM

Well said Essex, you don’t see me arguing with anyone.

• 100 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Looks like Liverpool are going to be in the final, ffs.

• 101 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:47 PM

giimps,
    You don’t, nobody checks

• 102 Toon fm Exeter // May 5, 2016 at 9:47 PM

Villarreal already qualified for CL and Sevilla will beat the bindippers

• 103 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 9:51 PM

I bought a vacuum cleaner six months ago and so far all it’s been doing is gathering dust.

• 104 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Fess up Welsh. What else have you been doing with the vacuum?

On second thought, perhaps not.

• 105 Jail for Ashley // May 5, 2016 at 9:55 PM

3-0
    Fair play to them, funny how even when they’re shite they keep winning stuff.

• 106 Average_Contents // May 5, 2016 at 9:57 PM

I’m glad the topic has changed.

We don’t want to be accused of talking behind peoples backs now do we.

Liverpool looking good. Watching it on the box upstairs.

Got phoenix working now. Completely deleted kodi, upgraded it to 16.1 and used a build called the beast instead of loading individual addons.

It certainly lives up to it’s name.

The layout and structure are so much easier to use and the links seem better.

Gonna put it on the box I’ve got downstairs I think.

• 107 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Welshie was experimenting with the vacuum and got it stuck up his bum. He called the fire brigade and they couldn’t get it out so he was taken into hospital. When his family rang to see how he was, they were told he’s picking up nicely.

• 108 Tsunki // May 5, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Bobby you’re a fiiiirrre..work,
    Come on and let your vessels burst
    Make your mouth. Go “AGHH” “AGHH” “AAGGHHH”
    You’re gonna cleave their ears apart, art art…

it’s nice to sing along….

• 109 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Gimps, ignore that clown, you’ll end up losing your ST. Remember the disabled woman who gave her ticket to someone else? Steward noticed and kicked them out. Woman lost her ST. Is it worth it? Your choice. The alternative is to go to the box office and pay the difference. I believe the difference will be the same as a ST price between child and adult. No hassle. And you all get to watch the game! GET IN, 😉

• 110 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Actually got an out loud laugh with that last bit there Betty.

AC…I wont pretend to have a clue what it is you’re talking about. Something to do with streams.

Jail…Really pleased we have Rafa. I was gutted that Klopp went to Liverpool. I do think he’ll do well.

• 111 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Tsunki. 😉

• 112 Ibizatoon // May 5, 2016 at 10:11 PM

That song is never going to be the same again.

• 113 giimps // May 5, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Ac , the beast is mint, as is ares wizard cc pulse ,fast and loads of sports streams, faster than the beast on an Amazon Fire tv stick.
    Bobby, I’m going with my adult ticket so il be ok ( if I can get to the game in time as I’m working) I was going to lend one of my tickets to a mate but obviously don’t wNt to get him kicked out or lose my sons ticket.
    I think il just give him the ticket and plead ignorance, I think we get new cards this year anyway so if He get it taken off him it’s no biggy ?

• 114 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Gimps, ignorance don’t work marra, it’s in the smallprint apparently. 😉 the only way it’ll go wrong is if a steward knows those are kids seats from seeing you all the time. There really are some jobsworths out there! The upgrade might be better if you think one of the stewards might recognise, but like you say, it’s finished anyway – last game. 😉

• 115 Mister Tuff // May 5, 2016 at 10:22 PM

hahahahaha – excellent stuff on the blog tonight – never disappoints.
    Not even a case of lighting the blue touchpaper and retiring to safety.
    Better get the tin hat, flak jacket and climb into the bunker.
    When it’s ended can someone sound the all clear hooter.

• 116 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Same old same old. So predictable. Boring in fact. 😉

• 117 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 10:27 PM

i reckon we will win this weekend, cisse with 3 goals.

• 118 Mister Tuff // May 5, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Hahahahaha – kiss kiss. I love you all.

• 119 Bobbybee // May 5, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Tuff, you really are such a child. A couple of days of licking your wounds and trying to appear sensible and then back to the real tuff.
    Twice, i’ve been deliberately provoked tonight and twice i ain’t getting involved. You wanna know why this blog is losing it’s appeal? Look in the mirror. I’ve got so many better things to do than embarrass you lot any further – you do it all for me. 😉 out of here.

• 120 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Welshie…… That shows how much you know about football. Going by the old saying,”What you don’t know can’t hurt you” makes you practically invulnerable.

• 121 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Sorry Welsh…. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It’s just that yours are stupid.

• 122 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Bettytalksbollocks

Kiss my hairy arse if you don’t like my comments, you don’t have to read them.

• 123 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Actually you can delete the hairy bit.

Ha ha ha

• 124 Average_Contents // May 5, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Ibiza

Android boxes mate and their addons or builds.

Gimps

Yeah I’ve got the ares wizard.

Lots of options on it but went with the one that came up the most once I’d looked into it. Heard pulse was pretty good too.

I went with beast because it had a bit of everything for the family and obviously the footy. Made up with it tbh.

The builds seem to be tailored to specific wants. Excellent if your after something and only that.

What’s pulse like then?

• 125 bettyswallocks // May 5, 2016 at 10:52 PM

Don’t talk it personally Welsh. I had a difficult day .They buried the wife’s mother today. I didn’t go to the funeral but I sent a letter to say I approved of it.

• 126 expatmag // May 5, 2016 at 11:10 PM

Geez….no wonder I rarely post on here now. The half decent posters we once had have been replaced by obnoxious keyboard warriors with little idea of the real world.

Sort it, Ed

• 127 welshgeordie9 // May 5, 2016 at 11:13 PM

Expat

Totally agree with you there.

• 128 jimmysmith // May 5, 2016 at 11:31 PM

Going to St James’ has never put money in Ashley’s or SD’s pockets. He doesn’t take money out, and surely you can change your mind and go when the level of investment becomes fair and reasonable without being a hypocrite.

Two real gripes with Ashley. He should have been charging SD for advertising all along, and he should have had better people in the key management positions. But his input now, even if his hand was forced, is also in the interest of the club and fans, a fair and reasonable balance, so who would blame any fan for wanting to go and support the side as things stand.

• 129 Mister Tuff // May 6, 2016 at 12:10 AM

Bobby Bee – you are such an angry fellow -which is bad enough. But you also invent things that others have not said.
    You lash insults around like confetti.
    Folk ask you stuff and you ignore them or dish out abuse.
    I asked you the other day a question which was not answered – do you post on the Mag Site as “Blackandwhiteblood”. I clearly know that it is you but a confirmation would be appreciated.
    Many thanks in anticipation of your positive reply. Kiss Kiss I love you all.

• 130 lesh // May 6, 2016 at 12:13 AM

Jimmysmith

Jeez, it beggars belief that there’s still some folk banging on about Ashley pocketing gate receipt monies, taking money out of the Club.

Apart from SD’s ‘free’ advertising – albeit in lieu of interest being charged on his loans to the Club – what os there to bang on about? Nowt, or very little.

• 131 Veltmann // May 6, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Woke up early and thought it is match day ha ha..

We won’t go down.There is no way those two clubs gonna beat Chelsea and Man Utd.If goal difference creates concern,Rafa should tell his players to turn up and try to score as many goals as they can and finish the game early against Villa.A scrappy 1-0 win will do for me but to be certain not embarrassingly beaten by goal d/c at the end,Rafa should do the calculation and prepare his players to score ample goals at villa park tomorrow afternoon.Hope Wijnaldum turns up and hit a hatrick & Townsend bags two. ?

• 132 toonincheek // May 6, 2016 at 6:21 AM

Veltmann –

NUFC have a long long history of losing to teams
    that do not appear to be very strong.

• 133 Lindisfarne // May 6, 2016 at 6:43 AM

Do we have a song for Moussa Sissoko yet?

Two suggestions:
    “There’s a Moussa loose aboot this goose.
    Did did-did dir did-did….”

Or, something along the lines of:

“Get you Socks off, get your socks of honey.
    Shake ’em on down,
    Shake ’em up doon Toon.”

• 134 Lindisfarne // May 6, 2016 at 6:45 AM

LOL – goose = hoose

• 135 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Good morning blog,

Yoga starts at 07:30 (GMT) on the “contact” page. See you there.

Lesh…I am a little surprised at that comment. Actually, I’m struggling with a few posts of late (not yours). Lots of “they” and “them” by lots of posters…who are the these people that are being referred to?

I’ll only speak for myself. Will I forgive Ashley for the previous 8 years? No. It’s been completely uncalled for. Can I move on? Sure. When things do actually change.

I wont bore those who aren’t interested today, but there is simply not a case to be made that Ashley has done well for the greater good of NUFC imo. Profit in the PL is not a great achievement anymore. Last season (2014/15) only Chelsea, Man U, Everton, Sunderland, Villa and QPR didn’t make a profit.

I don’t think anyone has said he’s taking gate receipt money. I think they’ve probably said that due to his ownership, he’s had to reduce that particular revenue stream, which is costing the club.

I think a deeper look at assets may be required too.

Anyway, I now have 4 minutes to do my stretches. Over to the contact page people.

• 136 giimps // May 6, 2016 at 7:32 AM

Ac ,
    Pulse is better for low spec devices as its not as big, there’s a specific one for footy/sport too but I put the general one on as it has all the movies and series on there as well as the sport.
    I have a nvidia shield which can handle anything and quickly ,I got my mam a fire tv stick and the beast was slow to switch between screens, ccpulse is faster so she has that on hers

• 137 lesh // May 6, 2016 at 7:35 AM

Ibiza

• 138 Lindisfarne // May 6, 2016 at 7:36 AM

Ibizatoon

Inhale love
    Exhale hate
    Inhale confidence
    Exhale doubt
    Inhale beautiful
    Exhale ugly
    Inhale belief
    Exhale relegation

• 139 Lindisfarne // May 6, 2016 at 7:41 AM

……ooo! ooo!

Could I forgive Mike Ashley for being a complete twonk?

Only at a STRETCH!!!!!!

• 140 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Lindisfarne…That’s what I’m talking about.

Inhaling love.

Lesh…A case of premature submitting or was that “Ibiza” said with a sigh 🙂

• 141 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2016 at 7:51 AM

giimps,
    I have been using my mates father and daughter seat in the family enclosure on and off for years without any trouble. The woman in the disabled section might not have got away with it because it was so close to the pitch?

• 142 lesh // May 6, 2016 at 7:55 AM

Ibiza (I’ll beat this phone yet!)

Good morning to you sir and I trust you’re looking forward to another day of challenge and opportunity!

It looked as though I’d killed the Blog last night and you’ve tried to ease it out of its meditatation – your yoga class seems to have done the trick and eased a lot of tension.

Yes, there appears to be some factionalism on the Blog, however my comment was no more than a reaction to Jimmy’s comment about Ashley’s personal impact on NUFC finances having become old topic that reappears over and over again.

I share your concerns about the damage that’s been done to the Club as a result of eight years of penny pinching, mismanagement and bad appointments to senior posts. Yes there’s been a lot to concern fans and we need to see a radical change in policy from Ashley to be convinced that he wants to take the club forward. Let’s hope that Ashley’s woken up to the fact that the Club needs a major overhaul (starting at the very top) and some clear aims for it.

An indicator of Ashley’s commitment will be whether he retains Rafa and gives him substantial control over playing matters or should Rafa decide to move on (or heaven forbid is moved on, appoint a credible manager to take the Club forward.

We can but wait and see.

Ommmmmmmm

• 143 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2016 at 7:55 AM

Ashleys main reason for owning the club was as a billboard for SD, although clever accounting ,closure of club shops and selling off catering must account for money we don’t know of leaving the club. This wholesale selling of cheap tickets to put bums on seats is not good long term either.

• 144 martoon // May 6, 2016 at 7:56 AM

lesh @30 – I agree with you that Ashley does not put money from the club in his back pocket but in the interest of fairness I should point out he does make money because I believe MASH owns the catering companies. Also a few years ago he took back about £11m of his loan.

• 145 Jail for Ashley // May 6, 2016 at 7:57 AM

Has Rafa not signed a three year deal with the only clause being us getting relegated he can walk away.

• 146 sing in the corner // May 6, 2016 at 8:03 AM

Next nerve jangling instalment on the horizon. Hoping for an early goal for us at the Villa. An early one in the mackem net as well please. Then the cat is really among the pigeons..
    HOWAY THE LADS!

• 147 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Jail…It is good for filling the stadium though. Just not for the likes of you, of course.

Lesh…Don’t beat it too hard. From my experience, they crack under the pressure of a good beating. We’re talking about phones here people.

It was this line that I was responding to “When will they see what’s patently obvious to most people? Probably never as they’re so against Ashley that nowt’ll change their views.”

With all due respect, your follow up post doesn’t really clarify anything.

Factionilism? Those who have opposed Ashley have done so for one reason, Newcastle United. It really has little to do with him as a person. If he changed his running of NUFC, so would the fans mindsets.

You appear to be in the same boat, so again, I’ve no idea what your comment is based on.

• 148 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 8:13 AM

Sorry, those fans mindsets. Clearly not all fans.

• 149 Average_Contents // May 6, 2016 at 8:13 AM

Gimps

Thanks for that.

I’ve got 2 M8S android boxes and so far the one upstairs has handled the beast really well lol.

I wanted a mixture of everything too so that’s why I chose it.

So pulse is suited to things like firesticks and the like. Interesting to know as some of my mates have those. I’ll recommend it to them (although I might not because this soft shite will probably end up doing it)

From now on I’ll be loading any future boxes myself as it’s so easy to do with the ares wizard. Save some money too.

Good to be able to chat with someone who knows what there on about mate.

previous post: Benitez After Top Center-Back For Newcastle