The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Benitez Press Conference – Rafa Identifies His Main Focus

1:02 pm, Friday, May 6th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 4 Comments

Rafa Benitez gave his press conference this afternoon at 12:45, for the game at Aston Villa tomorrow – and initial comments are coming through from those local journalists at the press conference.

Rafa has said he has read loads of reports about him looking at players, but he says that is simply not true and his whole focus is on winning games and keeping Newcastle in the Premier League.

Then he can look at players.

rafa benitez press comfernce

Rafa Benitez – press conference today at 12:45 pm

Here are some initial comments from Rafa:

“Very positive mood. Players are happy, they have the right mentality for a difficult game vs Aston Villa. They have more belief”

“It’s important the message to our players: no complacency. If we win this one then it will be easier to stay motivated”

“We can’t change what Sunderland and Norwich City do. We have to keep winning. I like a little bit of tension as it helps you perform”

I have the confidence we will win at Aston Villa. Success gives players more positivity. My focus is to win games and keep us up”

“I have seen loads of reports that I’m looking at players. But I’m not yet. My focus is on winning games, then we will look”

“Normally I am quite calm. I enjoy my job and I don’t feel the pressure too much”

“The players believe they can do well. And that is the key to keep moving forward”

It’s the usual Rafa Benitez – totally focused on only the next game and that’s at Aston Villa tomorrow afternoon and he wants to win it.

After then he may think about some other things – like the final game against Spurs a week on Sunday.

Love his single-mindedness and total dedication.

🙂

Rafa totally fits what a Newcastle United manager should be.

Tags: Newcastle News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League · Press Conference

4 responses so far ↓

• 1 JAMSHA // May 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM

In Rafa We Trust

• 2 jimmysmith // May 6, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Rafa coming was dependent on being offered the right money. We’ll walk the Championship if backed. If Benitez isn’t our manager next season, it’s because he wasn’t offered the right dosh. Not that he needs it, but neither does the owner. Newcastle could win the Champions League in 5 seasons if backed right Mister Ashley. How much would that be worth to f@cken SD, who no one quite rightly actually gives a sh@t about, apart from you, and the shareholders.

• 3 jimmysmith // May 6, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Ergghhh!!! Benny was a bum. I know, because I come from a long line of them.

• 4 Mister Tuff // May 6, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Munster – Barca pressing so hard. Yes they do. This is quite the reverse of King Percys’ tactics both at the Toon and at Palace with the dictat of not venturing too far upfield.
    Confirmed by Cabaye playing for Palace – he had scored and later reported King Percy would be annoyed at him being so far upfield.
    Differnt tactics can suite players who struggle with differing tactics.

previous post: Pundit Not Convinced About Newcastle’s Survival