It’s Absolutely Amazing – Really Touching – We Need 3 Points

Chancel Mbemba thinks the massive following Newcastle United will have at Villa Park tomorrow – there are 3,000 making the trip – can go a long way to ensuring Newcastle get the 3 points we need to survive the drop.

3,000 is the club’s maximum allocation and the tickets of course sold out rather quickly as the fans do everything they can to try to ensure we remain in the Premier League – after another nightmare season.

But it could even have a happy ending.

chancel mbemba dr congo -football_3329715

Chancel Mbemba – appreciative of the fans

Chancel is a favorite of the fans for his cultured play at the back in this his very first season on Tyneside – and he is very appreciative  of what the fans are doing in supporting the team.

This is what the 21 year-old said on the Newcastle web-site:

“It’s absolutely amazing, really touching, and I want to thank the fans very much for their support.”

“When you are out there working hard, it is an added motivation. You’re running your legs off, absolutely exhausted, but that motivation makes you work even harder.”

“You don’t want to give up on those brilliant fans.” “We need 3 points.”

“It will be a difficult game, we are under no illusions of that. Playing bottom of the league is never easy but we need to make sure we work very hard in the build-up and on the day.”

“I hope, and I believe, that we can go there and get those 3 points.”

“We need to keep working, though. We have two big fights ahead of us and we need to try and get the 3 points when we travel to Aston Villa.”

Newcastle have won two of their last four games and it would be exactly what’s needed if we can make that three wins in the last five games.

Then all we would presumably have to do is to beat Tottenham at home in the final game of the season to stay in the Premier League and keep Rafa at Newcastle.

Sounds good to us.

Howay The Lads!!

• carltoon

May 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM

we are all behind you chancel. bring home the three points.HWTL

• manxpie

May 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM

A nice 5-0 win for us and a similar loss for the scum would do nicely oh and a few injuries for them especially defoe just to see fat Sam jinx himself for a perfect day tomorrow
    or just a scrappy 1-0 win and a loss for them will do I suppose

May 6, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Munster! Drop to the floor. Give me fifty press ups whilst repeating loudly ‘Arma will be a legend’ 😉 Shame on you, you, you, hooligan! 😉

May 6, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Manpixie, those scores would be ideal marra, but I’ve maintained all along that two 1-0 wins for us will do us fine. 😉 Hopefully gd won’t matter, but if it does, i suspect it’s too late to change anything. Not that we shouldn’t go for it given the chances, but just winning should be enough. Clearly HH is in panic mode right now. A goal in the first minute for us, and one for Chelsea, will likely see him carted off, foaming wildly at the mouth, encased in a straight jacket. Nice thought! 😉

• Ibizatoon

May 6, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Tomorrows game has me more worried than any of the recent games. Mad considering it’s really the easiest of them. Not sure it’s the opposition, or the idea of it being a banana skin game, it’s just all getting really close to the end now.

I kind of want it to be tomorrow now. Know what the scores are and to see where we stand. Hopefully 4 points clear meaning it is actually in our hands going in to the Spurs game.

May 6, 2016 at 4:50 PM

And now, the end is near, and so we face the final curtain,
    My friend, i’ll say it clear, i’ll state my case, of which .i’m certain….

We are staying up, we are staying up!!! 😉

• Average_Contents

May 6, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Ibiza

Same here lol

The nerves started straight after the palace win. Squeaky bum time mate.

• Ibizatoon

May 6, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Bobby…Despite our differences, I am delighted there are fans out there than are still brimming with confidence.

I am hopeful, but sh*tt*ng it to.

AC…It’s only really kicked in today. Tonight should be fun. Bloomin’ Newcastle United. My Mum has a lot to answer for.

• Ibizatoon

May 6, 2016 at 4:57 PM

that* are, obviously. The T and N aren’t even close.

Can’t blame predictive text for that one.

It’s the nerves!

May 6, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Ibiza, everybody’s nervous, that’s to be expected marra. I’ve just got a feeling we will survive and refuse to dampen that belief. Wtf, if we go down we go down, it’s completely out of our hands. My time for grief will come when or if it is warranted. I’m thoroughly enjoying this time under Rafa and won’t let black thoughts spoil it for me. I fully understand that we might nor survive, i just prefer to believe we will. 😉

• Munster Mag

May 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Bobby, I’m with Ibiza. I cant see Chelsea getting 3 points off Sunderland. And we beat a crap palace team 1-0 and needed a peno save. logically I wud have to favour your intelligent friends from the city 🙂 down the road

• Ibizatoon

May 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Bobby…I do have a feeling we will survive too. As you say though, it’s out of our hands and I feel sick (to be clear, I’m not saying you said I feel sick, just that it’s out of our hands).

Can’t help the black thoughts. They run hand in hand with the white ones.

• Munster Mag

May 6, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Jail, saw your earlier post. Yes of course losing to palace , Bournemouth etc counts, but drawing with sunderland was good fpr them and not good for us. we needed more, but we were insipid for much of the game. it was a 6 pointer, that’s why it was si disappointing. anyway, old hat now.come on the lads for the weekend

• Ibizatoon

May 6, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Munster…It feels like a lifetime since I’ve read you say that. Wish it could be something nicer that we agree on.

May 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Muster, i’ve got friends in Boro, if that’s who you mean? 😉 You done those press ups yet? No shirking. Chelsea don’t need to beat sunlun, although i’d prefer if if they did. Sunlun can happily draw every match for me. That said, i’m at a loss as to why people suddenly see sunlun as world beaters? They’re below us ffs, that’s how bad they are! 😉 I’m totally opposite to that viewpoint, as i see it as being a huge draw for the scum if they get a draw. Did you watch their last game? Shocking. Stoke should’ve battered them really and they’d come off a long run of 4-0 defeats. I would not be surprised to see the SOS empty by half time, rather than see them win. I just can’t see it and HH wobbly heed must transfer down to his players. Deep breaths. Believe. In Rafa we trust. 😉

• Ron Knee

May 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM

This match has got Fyffes written all over it.

May 6, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Muster?! Sorry dude, you know who i mean 😉

May 6, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Dembelle, six game ban. Eye eye!!! 😉

• Jib

May 6, 2016 at 5:39 PM

You know you are on the way to having it cracked when the team virtually picks itself !
    🙂

• Ibizatoon

May 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Has Anita been declared fit to play?

May 6, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Jib, even they have to be right occasionally! I feel Villa are vulnerable to pace and would like to see Aarons down one wing and Townsend the other, purely for that reason. That said, Rafa will go with what he feels is best and he is getting it right, so I’ll bow to his superior wisdom.

• Mister Tuff

May 6, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I see that the Nice President IS confirming that talks are taking place between Benny and Barcelona.
    So the recent rumours are correct. Cannot see many players turning down an opportunity to sign for them.

• Ibizatoon

May 6, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Jib…Thanks.

Tuff…Fair play to him. I hope he does well.

• Jib

May 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Everyone who ever saw Ben Arfa play knew he had the skills to get him a seat at the top table of football.
    The reason it has taken until he is 29 (he received his first contract at 16 years of age with Lyon) is his entirely his own fault and he is going to spend the rest of his life regretting lost opportunities.

• WWSBRD

May 6, 2016 at 6:23 PM

…why don’t people see Chelsea getting 3 points from the mackems?

• Harley

May 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Jib

So true.

• Harley

May 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM

About Ben afa.

• Novocastrian66

May 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM

I can see Sunderland getting at least four points from their last three games. I think we will do well to get four. Realistically we need six points to finish the season to have a chance.

May 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM

WWSBRD, no idea marra. Somehow the mackems have reached top class status, despite their current run of draws – lucky draws at that. Whereas Chelsea, despite their recent display v spurs, have become crap. Where this comes from, i have no idea. I see it as sunlun were looking to put a run together, but have stalled badly. I don’t see sunlun beating chelsea, but i suppose it could happen if a lot of things go their way. Very unlikely though. A goal for chelsea and they’ll crumble. Chelsea are still a much better team by far.

• stestickle

May 6, 2016 at 6:45 PM

everyone worrying about what the scum are going to do watch norwich bite us in the ass but anyway still think we will stay up

• Rotonda heights

May 6, 2016 at 6:52 PM

That said about HBA, how many current NUFC players have won 5 league titles at 2 different clubs and a cup.

May 6, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Defoe giving it large on look north again. He doesn’t learn! 😉 Interesting stat though. Defoe hasn’t scored at the SOS since January; yet people think he can save them. Rafa as cool as a cucumber on the same program. We’ll know a lot more this time tomorrow.

May 6, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Rotunda, hang on matey, i’ll get my calculator out lmao! Mmmm, not many apparently. 😉

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Sunderland are so jammy its unreal ! The chances that Arsenal and Stoke have had in the first half of games should have rendered the game over !

If Costa , Hazard and Pedro get those chances rather than Walters and Crouch its a spanking rather than a fluky draw

I watched the Chelsea Bournemouth game and they were awesome attacking from all angles that was the week before the Spurs game

May 6, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Lee, that’s reality marra. Chelsea are a very good side and playing better now than earlier in the season. Sunlun are poor and seem to have lost that momentum. It’s 11 v 11 and anything can happen; I just can’t see them beating Chelsea myself. As long as we win, the rest will take care of itself.

• welshgeordie9

May 6, 2016 at 7:55 PM

3-0 tomorrow, cisse with 3 goals.

• welshgeordie9

May 6, 2016 at 7:59 PM

We will win tomorrow, Sunderland will lose, game over, turn the lights off until next season in the premiership, everyone’s happy.