The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

It’s Absolutely Amazing – Really Touching – We Need 3 Points

4:13 pm, Friday, May 6th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 58 Comments

Chancel Mbemba thinks the massive following Newcastle United will have at Villa Park tomorrow – there are 3,000 making the trip – can go a long way to ensuring Newcastle get the 3 points we need to survive the drop.

3,000 is the club’s maximum allocation and the tickets of course sold out rather quickly as the fans do everything they can to try to ensure we remain in the Premier League – after another nightmare season.

But it could even have a happy ending.

chancel mbemba dr congo -football_3329715

Chancel Mbemba –ย appreciativeย of the fans

Chancel is a favorite of the fans for his cultured play at the back in this his very first season on Tyneside – and he is very appreciative ย of what the fans are doing in supporting the team.

This is what the 21 year-old said on the Newcastle web-site:

“It’s absolutely amazing, really touching, and I want to thank the fans very much for their support.”

“When you are out there working hard, it is an added motivation. You’re running your legs off, absolutely exhausted, but that motivation makes you work even harder.”

“You don’t want to give up on those brilliant fans.” “We need 3 points.”

“It will be a difficult game, we are under no illusions of that. Playing bottom of the league is never easy but we need to make sure we work very hard in the build-up and on the day.”

“I hope, and I believe, that we can go there and get those 3 points.”

“We need to keep working, though. We have two big fights ahead of us and we need to try and get the 3 points when we travel to Aston Villa.”

Newcastle have won two of their last four games and it would be exactly what’s needed if we can make that three wins in the last five games.

Then all we would presumably have to do is to beat Tottenham at home in the final game of the season to stay in the Premier League and keep Rafa at Newcastle.

Sounds good to us.

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Chancel Mbemba · Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News · Poll · Prayer · Premier League · Press

58 responses so far ↓

• 1 carltoon // May 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM

we are all behind you chancel. bring home the three points.HWTL

• 2 manxpie // May 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM

A nice 5-0 win for us and a similar loss for the scum would do nicely oh and a few injuries for them especially defoe just to see fat Sam jinx himself for a perfect day tomorrow
    or just a scrappy 1-0 win and a loss for them will do I suppose

• 3 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Munster! Drop to the floor. Give me fifty press ups whilst repeating loudly ‘Arma will be a legend’ ๐Ÿ˜‰ Shame on you, you, you, hooligan! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 4 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 4:36 PM

Manpixie, those scores would be ideal marra, but I’ve maintained all along that two 1-0 wins for us will do us fine. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hopefully gd won’t matter, but if it does, i suspect it’s too late to change anything. Not that we shouldn’t go for it given the chances, but just winning should be enough. Clearly HH is in panic mode right now. A goal in the first minute for us, and one for Chelsea, will likely see him carted off, foaming wildly at the mouth, encased in a straight jacket. Nice thought! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 5 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Tomorrows game has me more worried than any of the recent games. Mad considering it’s really the easiest of them. Not sure it’s the opposition, or the idea of it being a banana skin game, it’s just all getting really close to the end now.

I kind of want it to be tomorrow now. Know what the scores are and to see where we stand. Hopefully 4 points clear meaning it is actually in our hands going in to the Spurs game.

• 6 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 4:50 PM

And now, the end is near, and so we face the final curtain,
    My friend, i’ll say it clear, i’ll state my case, of which .i’m certain….

We are staying up, we are staying up!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 7 Average_Contents // May 6, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Ibiza

Same here lol

The nerves started straight after the palace win. Squeaky bum time mate.

• 8 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Bobby…Despite our differences, I am delighted there are fans out there than are still brimming with confidence.

I am hopeful, but sh*tt*ng it to.

AC…It’s only really kicked in today. Tonight should be fun. Bloomin’ Newcastle United. My Mum has a lot to answer for.

• 9 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 4:57 PM

that* are, obviously. The T and N aren’t even close.

Can’t blame predictive text for that one.

It’s the nerves!

• 10 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Ibiza, everybody’s nervous, that’s to be expected marra. I’ve just got a feeling we will survive and refuse to dampen that belief. Wtf, if we go down we go down, it’s completely out of our hands. My time for grief will come when or if it is warranted. I’m thoroughly enjoying this time under Rafa and won’t let black thoughts spoil it for me. I fully understand that we might nor survive, i just prefer to believe we will. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 11 Munster Mag // May 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Bobby, I’m with Ibiza. I cant see Chelsea getting 3 points off Sunderland. And we beat a crap palace team 1-0 and needed a peno save. logically I wud have to favour your intelligent friends from the city ๐Ÿ™‚ down the road

• 12 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Bobby…I do have a feeling we will survive too. As you say though, it’s out of our hands and I feel sick (to be clear, I’m not saying you said I feel sick, just that it’s out of our hands).

Can’t help the black thoughts. They run hand in hand with the white ones.

• 13 Munster Mag // May 6, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Jail, saw your earlier post. Yes of course losing to palace , Bournemouth etc counts, but drawing with sunderland was good fpr them and not good for us. we needed more, but we were insipid for much of the game. it was a 6 pointer, that’s why it was si disappointing. anyway, old hat now.come on the lads for the weekend

• 14 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Munster…It feels like a lifetime since I’ve read you say that. Wish it could be something nicer that we agree on.

• 15 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Muster, i’ve got friends in Boro, if that’s who you mean? ๐Ÿ˜‰ You done those press ups yet? No shirking. Chelsea don’t need to beat sunlun, although i’d prefer if if they did. Sunlun can happily draw every match for me. That said, i’m at a loss as to why people suddenly see sunlun as world beaters? They’re below us ffs, that’s how bad they are! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m totally opposite to that viewpoint, as i see it as being a huge draw for the scum if they get a draw. Did you watch their last game? Shocking. Stoke should’ve battered them really and they’d come off a long run of 4-0 defeats. I would not be surprised to see the SOS empty by half time, rather than see them win. I just can’t see it and HH wobbly heed must transfer down to his players. Deep breaths. Believe. In Rafa we trust. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 16 Ron Knee // May 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM

This match has got Fyffes written all over it.

• 17 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Muster?! Sorry dude, you know who i mean ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 18 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Dembelle, six game ban. Eye eye!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 19 Jib // May 6, 2016 at 5:26 PM

• 20 Jib // May 6, 2016 at 5:37 PM

For what it’s worth – altho’ the Grauniad got it right last week

• 21 Jib // May 6, 2016 at 5:39 PM

You know you are on the way to having it cracked when the team virtually picks itself !
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• 22 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM

Has Anita been declared fit to play?

• 23 Jib // May 6, 2016 at 5:53 PM

• 24 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Jib, even they have to be right occasionally! I feel Villa are vulnerable to pace and would like to see Aarons down one wing and Townsend the other, purely for that reason. That said, Rafa will go with what he feels is best and he is getting it right, so I’ll bow to his superior wisdom.

• 25 Mister Tuff // May 6, 2016 at 5:58 PM

I see that the Nice President IS confirming that talks are taking place between Benny and Barcelona.
    So the recent rumours are correct. Cannot see many players turning down an opportunity to sign for them.

• 26 Ibizatoon // May 6, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Jib…Thanks.

Tuff…Fair play to him. I hope he does well.

• 27 Jib // May 6, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Everyone who ever saw Ben Arfa play knew he had the skills to get him a seat at the top table of football.
    The reason it has taken until he is 29 (he received his first contract at 16 years of age with Lyon) is his entirely his own fault and he is going to spend the rest of his life regretting lost opportunities.

• 28 WWSBRD // May 6, 2016 at 6:23 PM

…why don’t people see Chelsea getting 3 points from the mackems?

• 29 Harley // May 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Jib

So true.

• 30 Harley // May 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM

About Ben afa.

• 31 Novocastrian66 // May 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM

I can see Sunderland getting at least four points from their last three games. I think we will do well to get four. Realistically we need six points to finish the season to have a chance.

• 32 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM

WWSBRD, no idea marra. Somehow the mackems have reached top class status, despite their current run of draws – lucky draws at that. Whereas Chelsea, despite their recent display v spurs, have become crap. Where this comes from, i have no idea. I see it as sunlun were looking to put a run together, but have stalled badly. I don’t see sunlun beating chelsea, but i suppose it could happen if a lot of things go their way. Very unlikely though. A goal for chelsea and they’ll crumble. Chelsea are still a much better team by far.

• 33 stestickle // May 6, 2016 at 6:45 PM

everyone worrying about what the scum are going to do watch norwich bite us in the ass but anyway still think we will stay up

• 34 Rotonda heights // May 6, 2016 at 6:52 PM

That said about HBA, how many current NUFC players have won 5 league titles at 2 different clubs and a cup.

• 35 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Defoe giving it large on look north again. He doesn’t learn! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Interesting stat though. Defoe hasn’t scored at the SOS since January; yet people think he can save them. Rafa as cool as a cucumber on the same program. We’ll know a lot more this time tomorrow.

• 36 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Rotunda, hang on matey, i’ll get my calculator out lmao! Mmmm, not many apparently. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 37 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // May 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Sunderland are so jammy its unreal ! The chances that Arsenal and Stoke have had in the first half of games should have rendered the game over !

If Costa , Hazard and Pedro get those chances rather than Walters and Crouch its a spanking rather than a fluky draw

I watched the Chelsea Bournemouth game and they were awesome attacking from all angles that was the week before the Spurs game

• 38 Bobbybee // May 6, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Lee, that’s reality marra. Chelsea are a very good side and playing better now than earlier in the season. Sunlun are poor and seem to have lost that momentum. It’s 11 v 11 and anything can happen; I just can’t see them beating Chelsea myself. As long as we win, the rest will take care of itself.

• 39 welshgeordie9 // May 6, 2016 at 7:55 PM

3-0 tomorrow, cisse with 3 goals.

• 40 welshgeordie9 // May 6, 2016 at 7:59 PM

We will win tomorrow, Sunderland will lose, game over, turn the lights off until next season in the premiership, everyone’s happy.

• 41 welshgeordie9 // May 6, 2016 at 8:00 PM

This managers lark is easy.

• 42 Hail Wor Ashley // May 6, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Hope Rafa is video-calling each one as we speak, making sure they’re all getting ready for bed, lights out by 10pm, like SBR hunting down the missing Gazza at Italia 90, only to find him playing late night tennis with some strangers on the eve of the semi-final.

• 43 firebug666 // May 6, 2016 at 8:43 PM

I think we will get the points from Villa tomorrow, but it will depend on what the others get, It’s a tough ask for Rafa to keep us up now, he has done all he can for us, and got some sort of team out of the dross he inherited.

What we need now is a little bit of luck, Norwich and Sunderland to lose us to win, we go a long way to reducing my anxiety.

• 44 Our Toon // May 6, 2016 at 8:44 PM

Not to put a downer on everything but dreading tomorrow. The ground where we last got relegated, we have improved but so have villa. As for mackems n Chelsea, the Chelsea lads have nothing to play for. They just played there cup final against spurs

• 45 Hail Wor Ashley // May 6, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Our Toon

Careful, Bobbybee will have your kidneys for cufflinks with talk like that.

• 46 beermonkey // May 6, 2016 at 9:03 PM

evening peeps
    what a cracking day its like summer

average
    saw a couple of ur posts last night take it ur gonna buy blank boxes and load them
    this might be of some use to you

back to the toon flitting through the posts alot seem worried about what toon team will turn up given how we have been over the years i get that
    but with rafa in charge i dont see us failing likke we have in the past against weaker teams
    so i am confident of the win
    (maybe beer and sub gone to my head)

on the article thought mbemba was older than 21
    him and lascelles are 21 and 22
    my question is between the pair do they have the atributes to make a good/top centre back pairing

• 47 lesh // May 6, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Ibiza

Judging by your state of mind, it’s about time you called your chiropractor to help you with your yogs.

• 48 beermonkey // May 6, 2016 at 9:04 PM

sub=sun

• 49 manxpie // May 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM

I wonder if rafa is still in touch with the Chelsea players he might have had a word with a few of em!

• 50 WWSBRD // May 6, 2016 at 9:17 PM

Villa have improved? When did that happen? Pretty sure they’ve not picked up a point from their last 11 or am I imagining that?

As for Sunderland they don’t look like winning full stop. Our fans have more faith in their performances than their manager these days

• 51 WWSBRD // May 6, 2016 at 9:24 PM

Also are Chelsea players not playing for their futures in a blue shirt? They last lost at the SoL in 2000 and won 9 out of their last 11 fixtures there drawing the other two

• 52 Average_Contents // May 6, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Beermonkey

Only if I need to replace my current boxes.

Thanks for the link though.

Hot last night too mate.

• 53 Our Toon // May 6, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Wwsbrd

Yes villa have improved in terms of performances and we’re very unlucky last week against Watford. The red card did for them but they’ve gone with 2 upfront, ayew and gestede…..also those players are playing for a move away, walk over they will not be but if villa haven’t improved in your eyes then how have you come to the conclusion that we have changed for the better away from home. 2 wins all season I believe and a point against a weak Liverpool team who had an eye on Europa League game.

Let’s not be Naive and think this is a dead cert 3 points

• 54 WWSBRD // May 6, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Our Toon
    They were two goals up and shipped 3 down to luck? It’s not a dead cert no it’s football but it is without doubt the easiest away game we could possibly have against the worst team in the league who are without their LB due to suspension, their starting CB because he refuses to play, no fans, no manager and have lost their last 11 (ELEVEN) games…why should I worry exactly?

• 55 jimmysmith // May 6, 2016 at 10:28 PM

It’s away. A point is most likely, as it is in the final game, and that most probably wouldn’t be enough, given the other two have a game in hand. By this season’s standards, it will need something extraordinary to stay up, but of the three teams, we have the best group of players and the best manager, and are running into better form, so of course it can happen, but I’m bracing myself.

• 56 Our Toon // May 6, 2016 at 10:47 PM

Wwsbrd

They were 1 goal up before they shipped 2 goals and that was down to the fact they had 10 men. They were however the better team, this is the same side we drew with at home. The pressure is off them, their fate is sealed and they seemed to be play better as a result of this last week with a changed formation and 2 CF’s

At this stage of the season form counts for nothing, this time last season Leicester were dead certs to go down, as were Sunderland the season before. Those players will be playing for pride and moves!! The easiest game this week would be Swansea who are resting players involved in euro 2016 and Leicester who will be partying and full of drink from winning the league

• 57 benjohnsen // May 6, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Since 05/06 season, Chelsea have won 15, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Both defeats came at Stamford Bridge. Please extend that to 16, 1, 2 tomorrow Chelsea, pretty please.

• 58 daffy // May 7, 2016 at 12:30 AM