Newcastle Fans On Twitter React To Likely Relegation

It’s still possible for Newcastle to stay up – if Sunderland get only one point in their last two games and we can beat Tottenham on the last day of the season we stay up.

But the chances of that happening are very remote and we really messed up by giving Aston Villa their first point in 12 games today – so it’s hard to say Newcastle should stay up when we cannot beat Aston Villa.

So it’s another bad result at Villa Park in a relegation season?

Here’s a sampling of the tweets from some despondent Newcastle fans – and who can blame them?

championship-sky-bet11

• Ron Knee

May 7, 2016 at 6:45 PM

SPRINGY

“Lee Charnley will be staying to ensure continuity.” !!!

• toonbrother

May 7, 2016 at 6:46 PM

toonbrother // Jan 31, 2016 at 10:19 PM

We have 15 games of the regular season left
    LET ME CATEGORICALLY STATE
    If Colo remains fit and stays in the starting line up we will be relegated come end of May
    IF COLO PLAYS IN 13 or MORE OF OUR REMAINING GAMES WE WILL BE RELEGATED in May
    signing off
    truly yours
    SGITR

• Jail for Ashley

May 7, 2016 at 6:46 PM

I’m fcukin gutted, two oposite results that we all expected. Players just weren’t good ennough.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Lilongwe Geordie // May 7, 2016 at 6:45 PM

9SPRINGY // May 7, 2016 at 6:35 PM

manxpie
    the difference with west brom….rondon and berahino…they score….cisse mitro dont

Mitro has a goal every 25 minutes played this season. Rondon every 341 minutes played. Berahinho every 248 and Cisse every 339.

Pretty even really.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Toonbrother,
    I take it you are admitting you aren’t the Smartest Guy in the Room then?

“toonbrother // Jan 31, 2016 at 10:19 PM

We have 15 games of the regular season left
    LET ME CATEGORICALLY STATE
    IF COLO PLAYS IN 13 or MORE OF OUR REMAINING GAMES WE WILL BE RELEGATED in May”

He only played 3 after that date and we could till go down.

• Bambams

May 7, 2016 at 6:49 PM

” Fail to prepare, prepare to fail ”

Charnley Ashley Carr Moncur

• Jail for Ashley

May 7, 2016 at 6:49 PM

toonbotherer,
    The whole blog knows you sre a shithead

• wolfshead@toon

May 7, 2016 at 6:49 PM

lilo

when we finished fifth in the league how did the club build on that platform?
    they sold the best striker we had since shearer then proceeded to cock up the purchase of his replacement and made up for it all by bringing in one defender
    im pretty certain pardew and carr didnt play a role in that fiasco

• SPRINGY

May 7, 2016 at 6:50 PM

lil
    my bad about rondon and berahino they just seemed to have scored alot more without checking there records….i stand corrected mate

• mearlam

May 7, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Please fire Lee Charnley as he has only made bad decisions. Even Rafa was too late so not a good one either.

• Jail for Ashley

May 7, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Lilongew,
    It is not time to criticise. I am absolutely gutted.

• wolfshead@toon

May 7, 2016 at 6:51 PM

lmao @7

• SPRINGY

May 7, 2016 at 6:52 PM

vardy on current player valuations most be worth a 100m!lol

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Jail,
    Yup, players weren’t good enough – haven’t been in any of the crucial games since Rafa took over. Not Rafa’s fault, it is just a continuation of the last few years. Put it in for a bit, generally when ‘big’ clubs are involved. Then relax/drop off when playing lesser lights. Rafa’s biggest games were Norwich, Sunderland and today. In each we barely got a rise from most of them, and when we did it was too little too late.

I said something similar prior to the home match against Villa after beating Spuds and Liverpool. It is an attitude problem, not talent.

• manxpie

May 7, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Springy i think they must’ve found a zimmer frame in his car or something god knows

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Springy,

I forgot to change it, Mitro is one every 251. For a debutant season at a young age in a team that has struggled that is pretty commendable. He probably should have had more, but I’d rather he played week in week out and cared about the club than have Berahinho (putting myself in a West Brom fans shoes) who wanted out asap.

• SPRINGY

May 7, 2016 at 6:55 PM

manxpie
    he went for night oot in the big market and was never seen again…..some lass has him tied up in cramlington!lol

• BandB

May 7, 2016 at 6:55 PM

C’mon fellas …pick yourselves up!
    We beat an out of form Palace last weekend at home and suddenly we needed two players for a top 10 side.
    We draw with Villa and people are picking their Championship squads. All season we’ve won the ones we should lose and flopped in the ones we should win and we’ve followed good with not so good.
    As I’ve said before, we fans are either flying the stratosphere or crash-landing.
    We are not down yet.

• SPRINGY

May 7, 2016 at 6:59 PM

lil
    i dont hate mitro,i actually think he’s a decent young player but he is young and needs help and guidance and being in a side thats struggling is not the best place to learn a new league,team…his confidence would of taken a battering this season.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM

Jail,
    14 was posted before I saw your post.

No time to criticise? Not sure what you mean? I think it is exactly the time to criticise certain aspects of the attitudes and application (ability in some cases) of people throughout the club. Players, board, coaching staff etc.

Wolfshead,
    Yes, we lost Ba. Not sure what we could have done to prevent that to be honest. We agreed a deal which benefitted us if his knee went (after failing various medicals) and he agreed a deal that benefitted him if it didn’t. It worked out better for him in the end, but I struggle to find fault with the club for that.

Lack of strengthening, lack of building, sure. You can point the finger at ashley on those counts. Was there still enough ability in the squad to do better? To be better utilised? To finish higher than 16th. Definitely. Point the finger at who you want for that, I’d say a large part of that season was down to Pardew.

I’m not just talking one summer though. I’m talking about the entire time since our promotion. That isn’t just 1 man.

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 7, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Delia B

Piss awf.

• manxpie

May 7, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Bandb that doesn’t matter we could beat spurs 20-0 and still be relegated on Wednesday
    I think it is wrong tho to leave games in hand till the last week
    don’t think it’s fair tbh

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Springy,
    In fairness I was surprised how much better Mitro had done than Rondon. Ihad thought all except Cisse were fairly close without checking.

He needed help all season, and he needed pace and movement around him – plus someone who can cross. Latterly we have had some of that in Townsend. We haven’t created enough, but at the same time he has had chances he should have done better with – not sure on today, horrendous bounce for one, and unlucky with his angled header.

I think we can use him as a platform next season. Sissoko and Gini will be gone, Arma and Townsend/Aarons playing off him either side will cause defences problems.

• SPRINGY

May 7, 2016 at 7:04 PM

i do hope rafa stays and is given carte blanche to build from the ground up,we need a football man to sort this out….wish he would play with two strikers tho….not a big fan of the one up front tbh!lol

• BandB

May 7, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Hail

Grow some.
    And have some self-respect.

• Bobbybee

May 7, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I’m with you on this BandB. My Championship side is basically to show we can bounce back if the worst happens. We can still survive and until mathematically we are down, i ain’t giving up hope. Everton do look pants though! 😉 I refuse to accept what now looks inevitable, because i am an optimist. I truly thought we would beat villa today and it’s knocked the wind out of me. Can everton beat sunlun? I suppose so and sunlun might be complacent, thinking it’s a done deal. Be just like this season though, if everton do win. Just a matter of seeing what wednesday brings. Fingers crossed.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 7:06 PM

BandB,
    My lack of confidence in staying up is less in my faith in us to do Spurs and more to do with how awful Everton have become under Martinez, and how Watford haven’t exactly been setting the world alight since the turn of the year.

I actually think we will beat Spurs, but I also think both Sunderland and Norwich will pick up points from Everton and Watford.

• wolfshead@toon

May 7, 2016 at 7:06 PM

lilo

sorry im still not buying it any owner with real ambition would have seen that as an opportunity to push on an pump money in to the team

they let demba go because of his wage demands even though he cost nothing ashley wanted to be seen as a hard headed business man and wouldnt give in which shows he is a football idiot and is going to get us relagated again

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Don’t know if anyone has said this but we got Rafa in a month to late.

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 7, 2016 at 7:10 PM

The worst aspect of relegation is that poor old Mike is going to lose a lot of money, you have to feel sorry for him.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Wolfshead,
    I fully agree, any owner with ambition would have looked to kick on from there. That is not what I’m saying. The buck stops with Ashley, as he clearly said last year (before quickly announcing it wasn’t his door to answer any more), but others have played a significant part as well.

I guess my pony is, there shouldn’t really be anyone in a senior position, playing or off field that can really escape blame. Of course, this is entirely my thoughts on it, and I get the arguments against Ashley, and that he is the sole cause of our demise.

Still, if it was me working for a boss who couldn’t give two hoots, I’d still put in the effort to do my best. It wouldn’t always be my best, because we are all human, but I like to think I have a modicum of personal pride and even when I know I’m not really up for it or at my best, I’d still try my best to put in a shift. Can you honestly say everyone at the club has done that?

• Jib

May 7, 2016 at 7:13 PM

The Everton players know Martinez is a dead man walking.

• jane

May 7, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Newcastle will be live on Sky loads next season so Ashley will still get plenty of advertising.

• nearly

May 7, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Lol @20

How about it started in 96 I will get slaughtered but cast ya minds back

• BandB

May 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Lil/Manx/Bobby et al.
    Many also thought it was inevitable we would beat Villa today.
    In my experience footballers are odd creatures.
    The Mackems could think they have cracked it and ease up a fraction on Wednesday. This will be haunting Allardyce right now.
    Minuscule changes of attitude in sport make all the difference between winning and losing.
    It’s theirs to lose now.
    After four years of being slated as a negger, it is amusing to be told to take my positivity elsewhere now 🙂

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM

On a completely separate note, I am (probably contrary to what most think I’d think) delighted that Ben Arfa may get a chance at Barca. Whether it is the right move, as he will struggle to displace Messi, Neymar, or Suarez, unless one leaves, is a different after.

Maybe he will look back on being released by Pardew and Ashley (of all people) as the catalyst that made him entirely reevaluate how he carried himself in training, during games and in his career.

• SPRINGY

May 7, 2016 at 7:16 PM

essex
    i think keeping mcwally a month longer then necessary was more like it,we may not of gotten rafa fair enough but might of picked up enough points from and change of manager to save the season….no matter tho its all if,buts and coconuts as they say

• Jib

May 7, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Jane
    You and I posted at the same time !
    How is that possible when we are the same person ?
    You realise this may mean Mr Tuff is too stupid for words ?

• Mister Tuff

May 7, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Woah – Jib taking a pot shot – naughty naughty.
    Jibs hat:-

• Essex Geordie Bill

May 7, 2016 at 7:18 PM

BandB

There is still a sliver of light at the end of the tunnel, as you say footballers are a funny lot. 🙂