It’s ironic that those players who let the club down by not trying too hard when the games got tough are exactly the same ones who will be talking to their agents to get them out of Newcastle just as quickly ass possible.
It’s sad but true and players like Gini Wijnaldum and Moussa Sissoko are almost certain to leave Newcastle this summer.
And the training at Benton today should be interesting with players talking about what to do now the gravy train called Newcastle have been relegated.
Moussa Sissoko – get me to a club who plays Champions League every season
We would not be at all surprised if these are some of the thinking or comments made at the training ground today:
- Wonder if Manchester United are really interested in me – tell them I’m interested and available
- Would leaving the club on Monday look bad?
- Must rememebr not to talk about my holidays in the dressing room after Tottenham game
- I never liked the weather here in any case – it’s too dismal
- Wonder if Spurs would take me back?
- I’ll stay – it will look good – and in any case I’m on massive wages here
- Wonder if that was true that Juventus want me – I’d go there in a flash – their strips looks so much better than Newcastle’s
- Never liked Rafa – he knows too much and to drop me – well that was a huge mistake
- I’ll stay here for five years and take the money – I could always fake an injury or two or maybe go on loan now and again?
- I could always y poor form was because they played me out of position
We’ve heard the comments from striker Luuk de Jong, that one reason he was a complete and utter failure (not his words) at Newcastle was that he was played out of position.
Well that was only because he never scored or even had a shot when he played up front as a striker.
Players have a knack of blaming other people or events for their own failures – they don’t take responsibility.
It will be no different at Newcastle this summer, as some of our players queue up to leave the club asap.