The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Some Of The Signs Pleading With Rafa To Stay

6:36 pm, Sunday, May 15th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 23 Comments

Here is a sprinkling of some of the signs today begging Rafa to stay with us at Newcastle United.

And Rafa’s name was chanted throughout the game as we thrashed Tottenham 5-1 and they lost their chance of finishing above Arsenal in the Premier League for the first time ever as Arsenal thrashed Aston Villa 4-0 to finish on 71 points – one point above Tottenham.

fans please with Rafa Benitez

fans plead with rafa to stay

fans please with rafa benitez to stya

rafa benitez please stay 4

rafa benitez sign - please don't go

Translation – Rafa please don’t go

Tags: Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League · Press

23 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // May 15, 2016 at 6:39 PM

He will simply deflate a whole City if he comes out and releases a “we decided on a different direction” statement. Rafa has pretty much forced them in to a corner, he’s pretty much said he wants what the fans want and win things, I don’t know how they can explain their reasons for not retaining him. I think he’s going to stay.

• 2 Jib // May 15, 2016 at 6:40 PM

We definitely qualify as Spuds bogey team now.
    I hope we draw them in one of the cups next season.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // May 15, 2016 at 6:40 PM

See Jibberish has been drinking Estrella in the sun again!

• 4 SPRINGY // May 15, 2016 at 6:41 PM

haha….. “ruined my best sheet ,so please stay”…. quality humour despite relegation!lol

• 5 bettyswallocks // May 15, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Ruddy…..people are wary of interacting with you as your mission to incite hatred, using the pretence of being a toon fan as a vehicle is actually a criminal offence.

• 6 MacToon // May 15, 2016 at 6:42 PM

bettyswallocks, you really don’t know what you are talking about!

• 7 WWSBRD // May 15, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I really do hate Newcastle United, shop window club

• 8 ShirebrookToon // May 15, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Ok what’s happened to the real Newcastle team. Surely wasn’t our players playing today was it?

• 9 Jib // May 15, 2016 at 6:48 PM

San Miguel ,Wine ,whisky ,and vodka whoops nearly forgot the Cidre ( that’s french for cider Jail and your father – in – law)

• 10 Shadow_Shearer // May 15, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I ruined my best sheet so please stay!! Hahahaha

• 11 Average_Contents // May 15, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Jizz calling out other posters. Me in particular over the past few days. Oh the irony.

I wouldn’t usually respond because it’s a waste of my time.

My language may be slightly over the top on occasions but I blame,

1) the position we’ve been put in over many years and

2) my love for the club which has turned to anger because of the above.

But anything that comes from the homophobic racist I think most bloggers will take with a pinch of salt.

So erm, jog on you horrible, little cretinous slimeball.

• 12 Jail for Ashley // May 15, 2016 at 6:54 PM

That’s a hefty concoction, I hope you don’t do anything silly when you wander in to Benidorm tonight, I’d hate to hear you’d been locked up.

• 13 Tsunki // May 15, 2016 at 6:58 PM

You seem like a WKD girl to me Jib. I’m surprised.

• 14 Tsunki // May 15, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Crumb of comfort. You won’t ever see a mackem holding a clean sheet aloft.

• 15 Jib // May 15, 2016 at 7:00 PM

I watched it in a bar full of Spuds who started the afternoon off giving it large – I thought they were going to die laughing when Mitro got sent off – guess who had the last laugh ?
    When Sissoko blatantly dived for that penalty I thought I was going to wet meself when the ref gave it .

• 16 Average_Contents // May 15, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Think you left a few beverages off that list jizz.

Old Spice, turps and varnish remover to name a few.

• 17 Bobbybee // May 15, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Typical. Get back from the game, write my piece only to find as i start to write, Ed jumps ahead of me. 😉

• 18 Shadow_Shearer // May 15, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Fat man promises the fans he’s trying to win a trophy, but gets us relegated….again!!

I hope wining the championship counts as winning something.

The fat belly flopper owes this to the fans. Let rafa work his magic & don’t interfere. This is not puppet pardew for goodness sake.

• 19 Bobbybee // May 15, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Jib, compared to some penalties we’ve had given against us, that was nailed on! 😉

• 20 Ketsbaia9 // May 15, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Every time we went forward, we looked like scoring. Sissoko, Townsend, Janmaat, Mbemba and Mitrovic were awesome today. We’ll probably flog the lot on the cheap. If we keep Benitez, we’ll slash that league.

• 21 Bobbybee // May 15, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Mitrovic is so frustrating. He has one of his best games for us, capping it with a wonderful headed goal, then loses his rag again. Mind you, it was only Spurs so ten men was more than enough. Two goals with 11 men, three with 10. Only at Newcastle. 😉

• 22 Shadow_Shearer // May 15, 2016 at 7:15 PM

See how well the players can play when there looking for a new club. McClaren should have shoved everybody up for transfer at the begining of the season.

• 23 giimps // May 15, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Spurs defending late on was worse than ours, not a single spurs player in their half just before goals 4 and 5…….if only villa hadn’t put 10 men behind the ball all game to stop their 11 game losing run……my only worry is that most of he teams next season will be doing a villa to stop themselves being destroyed

previous post: Geordie Fans Explode On Twitter After We Trounce Spurs 5-1