The Newcastle United Blog

News and Commentary On Newcastle United By Ed Harrison, A Proud Exiled Geordie And Lifelong Fan

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!



Newcastle’s Away Strip Leaked For Next Season

6:06 pm, Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 28 Comments

The FootyHeadlines site has just leaked the Newcastle away strips for next season, one day after they leaked the home strips for next season.

You may not like these but they are better than the yellow and yellow striped strips we had the last time we played in the Championship in the 2009-2010 season.

🙂

newcastle-united-16-17-away-kit-2

Here;s a close-up of the strip.

newcastle-united-16-17-away-kit-3

Here’s a young Steven Taylor wearing that strip which actually grew on you the more you saw it – it looked good with black pants.

stephen_taylor_ away strip yellow



Tags: Championship · Newcastle News · Other News · Strips




28 responses so far ↓

  • 1 Ron Knee // May 24, 2016 at 6:08 PM

    G2

    Apparently Cato played in Dr Who. Wonder which year that was?

  • 2 Ron Knee // May 24, 2016 at 6:11 PM

    1982. Thanks Google.

  • 3 JP...from The Rock // May 24, 2016 at 6:16 PM

    Too plain and boring for my liking.

  • 4 Mister Tuff // May 24, 2016 at 6:17 PM

    No rows intended by me – just thought it would be interesting why people initially backed Wally to the fullest extent and then changed their opinions and now back Rafa with the same gusto.
    Asking folk to explain, should they wish, is not looking for a row.

  • 5 Ron Knee // May 24, 2016 at 6:18 PM

    JP

    I’m not sure. I don’t see Wonga anywhere!

  • 6 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // May 24, 2016 at 6:20 PM

    Tuff

    Well i thought i would hoy my story in anyway,even though i simply gave him a chance, rather than backing him to the hilt. There were one or two who did that, i agree.

  • 7 dok - the horrid colonial // May 24, 2016 at 6:23 PM

    has saylor even really been young? lol

  • 8 dok - the horrid colonial // May 24, 2016 at 6:26 PM

    sir tuff,

    think a lot on here actually hated the macca signing.. the few who approved it, will never admit to their folly

  • 9 toonincheek // May 24, 2016 at 6:32 PM

    Seems like Saylor was ‘old’ for his years when he was young
    and
    ‘Young’ for his years as he got older!

  • 10 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 24, 2016 at 6:32 PM

    Weird with the gold.

  • 11 welshgeordie9 // May 24, 2016 at 6:33 PM

    We can’t all be right like you.

  • 12 Mister Tuff // May 24, 2016 at 6:33 PM

    YCMIU – that you for responding – I will respond as one would do on a blog – politely and not with the intention of causing a row.
    My point about this is that do supporters make their own independent assessments or do they just accept and agree anything the club says.
    Most said including myself that as Wally was in post, he would be giving a chance to see what he could do.
    I never supported his initial appointment from the off – but was prepared to give him a chance and posted as such.
    I think a lot of folk want to believe the club and as they appointed Wally – they must be right and have the correct person in the job.
    I just though it would be interesting for those who said he was the correct choice and have now forsaken him to explain their position.

  • 13 Mister Tuff // May 24, 2016 at 6:37 PM

    dok – evening how’s things.
    I suspect there may be an element of truth in your post in that folk just do not want to say they were wrong about Wally.
    Certainly nothing wrong with folk saying they erred -as they believe x,y,z. or whatever.

  • 14 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // May 24, 2016 at 6:40 PM

    Tuff

    I see. Thats fair. I think some were under the impression that “he was the best we were going to get”. I thought we could have done better, but never dreamed we could end up with someone of rafas quality (i know he has also just “failed”, but a sacking from real madrid is hardly equivalant to falling short with derby county).

  • 15 Tsunki // May 24, 2016 at 6:41 PM

    A small lump of sick came up into my mouth when I saw that top, but I’m ok now.

  • 16 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // May 24, 2016 at 6:43 PM

    I actually dont hate that new top, if its genuine. The one underneath is far worse Xo(

  • 17 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // May 24, 2016 at 6:45 PM

    Welsh who are you talking to.

  • 18 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // May 24, 2016 at 6:46 PM

    Every top that has that Wonga logo on it will be ruined for me ! The sooner we get a new sponsor with a decent logo the better wish we could go back to Adidas making the strips as well

  • 19 MacToon // May 24, 2016 at 6:46 PM

    Mr Tuff, do you mean comments like these?
    Just for fun, guess who said this:

    IF MCLAREN COMES TO SJP, WE WILL BE BACK IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WITHIN 2 SEASONS

    and this:

    McClaren is the true successor to SBR

    😆

  • 20 Our Toon // May 24, 2016 at 6:47 PM

    Spoof and Bobby

    With townsend we will all see where he ends up at the end of this window, you both make good claims for why he should stay but that’s more the heart talking than the head in my opinion.

    Townsend lost a chunk of his career playing for the reserves at spurs, do you really think he wants to gamble another year of his career at a club in the championship? We have an affinity to our club, townsend sees us as an employer as he has no affinity. The buyout clause was always his escape route as he was confident he’d prove the doubters wrong by impressing

    In my opinion the lad had nothing to lose, stay up and he’s got a club where he could grow, play out of his skin and he’ll get a move if we go down…..it’s what’s called a win win for him

  • 21 welshgeordie9 // May 24, 2016 at 6:48 PM

    Doesn’t matter whose right or wrong with mcclaren, pardew or anyone else for that matter, we all give them a chance, if the board knew they were going to be crap they wouldn’t have got them in, it’s easy to say that now, like i said everyone backed them in the beginning, anyone who thought they were going to be rubbish from the start is talking crap.

  • 22 dok - the horrid colonial // May 24, 2016 at 6:51 PM

    Sir tuff,

    well, to be frank, we were linked with deboer, remi garde and others… but I still think we got the worst of the lot in steve-o…

    nothing wrong with being wrong however.. if you look at it statistically, a goal scorer who converts 25% of his chances misses 75% of the time…

  • 23 dok - the horrid colonial // May 24, 2016 at 6:52 PM

    and furthermore,

    wonder what a poll would show if we get rafa and go down, or stayed with steve-o in the PL…

    a year down may be worth it in the long run, that’s what I believe…

  • 24 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // May 24, 2016 at 6:56 PM

    Welsh

    Giving him a chance is fine. Like you say, you can’t know in advance that they are going to suck. Pardew didn’t suck that badly at the start,he was just boring. Wally was meant to be more attacking (which he might have been but was so disorganised we never seen it). There were one or two on here who did herrald wally’s arrival as the coming of our next saviour, which is a bit much considering all things. Those are the people are believe Tuff is calling out.

  • 25 Offkey // May 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM

    Tuff – I was quite enthusiastic……..well for me, when we got Mr Tuft. Yeah, I didn’t want him before he was appointed but when he was (and in comparison to some of our other recent managers) I felt he had some pedigree and as a result I thought there was a decent chance of something Ok happening, a change and a positive one, not that we would walk the league but that we would be bottom half and comfortable.

    Sadly for all fans, I was wrong, and when most realised what should happen the dithering at the top cost us. Honestly, I thought he would have done better……but to be fair, I think he should have done better with what he had……so its difficult for me to criticise my former stance when my current one was that he should have done better.

  • 26 Offkey // May 24, 2016 at 7:01 PM

    was = is

  • 27 GeordieTwo // May 24, 2016 at 7:13 PM

    I don’t remember Burt from Dr. Who Ron mate. I may have missed that season. Still he was the perfect foil for Inspector Clouseau. Of all the Peter Sellers movies I like The Party best. He was a natural for that type of comedy. Several scenes still crack me up whenever I watch them.

  • 28 stuart no9 // May 24, 2016 at 10:12 PM

    Saying that about Macca and pardew is like saying Benitez is going to be shy@t .why does everyone think he’s going to be good ??




previous post: Newcastle’s Revenue Next Season Makes Things Manageable

next post: Newcastle’s European Ranking – Rock Bottom