Delirious Fans React On Twitter To Fantastic News On Benitez

With the fantastic news that Rafa Benitez will be announced as the Newcastle manager later today – Newcastle fans took to Twitter to react to what is the best news at the club since Sir Bobby Robson was appointed back in 1999.

That was the last century.

rafa_benitez_newcastle_presser-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8

Rafa Benitez – Newcastle manager

• Ron Knee

May 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM

I hope hibbitt is aware of this news.

• Munster Mag

May 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Bobby and fellow Geordie mates , I am so happy. This is a great day , a proper manager at last. WELL DONE MIKEY BOY!

• Average_Contents

May 25, 2016 at 12:23 PM

Please be true. Please be true.

Best thing that tub of lard has ever done.

• Bobbybee

May 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Stuff twitter exploding – my head has! 😉 Happy days. 😉

• hibbitt

May 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM

i’m right with you Ron and very happy with the news

• Jail for Ashley

May 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Munster,
    I’d say a lot more to do with those 50K fans that sang his name constantly than Toad from Toad hall

• Whumpie

May 25, 2016 at 12:28 PM

How odd that a couple of weeks on from relegation I’m more positive than at any time in the past 10 years.
    It’s not just because I like Rafa – who doesn’t – it’s because it is an indication of a huge change in Ashley’s mindset.
    I hope he realises that it’s not too late to cone good for the Toon. Give us a club that tries, Mike – and all will be well. Might even buy you a pint to chug.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM

So are the fans going to get any credit for showing support that meant Benitez wanted to stay ?

All we seem to get on Sky off Souness, Merson etc is how we hound managers out and get on the managers back after 20 minutes!

• clinath@ed

May 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM

been a long time since I looked forward to a season.

• firebug666

May 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Well this news warrants a response, Get in Rafa has signed a three year deal that will be announced later to day, The only news that could beat this would be the fat man finding a buyer.

Rafa will be announcing his backroom staff at a later date according to the Chronicle.

• Bambams

May 25, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Now the hard work starts…

Must admit I am now actually looking forward to the season starting

• Blackley and Brownlie

May 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Good news if confirmed officially. Still, I can’t be sharing the wild joy or praising Mike, as Bobby is. The way I see it, Rafa stands on a rug and Ashley has both hands on the corner. He might not heave it clean but he might well give it a tug from time to time just to let everybody know he’s the biggest man at the club and the real centre of attention.

• Ron Knee

May 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM

firebug

Yes, it’s almost as good as Ashley selling up!

• Jail for Ashley

May 25, 2016 at 12:32 PM

Whumpie,
    I think we should hang fire with the change of Mikeys mindset. He’s been forced in to both the appointment and renegotiation of Rafas contract so we don’t know what will happen. At least it’s allayed my fears that he might have a firesale and bankrupt us. The best bit about Rafa apart from all his trophies is the concessions he’s forced to sign.

• Bobbybee

May 25, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Firebug, he might sell to somebody Rafa can’t work with! I’m just enjoying the moment. 😉

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 25, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Could this be the first time under Ashley where we will not try to get knocked out the cups early ??

• No Defence

May 25, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Brilliant news today, I’ll have to change my username now lol, I’m actually looking forward to the start of the Championship now, just shows you what a great signing can do.

• giimps

May 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM

I wonder how many season tickets get sold off the back of this, might not be so expensive after all, a full house every other week to be the 12th man, make st James a fortress again ( unbeaten at home under Rafa) and start winning away games…….it won’t be easy but at least we have given ourselves a chance to get immediate promotion……then the sky’s the limit

• Jail for Ashley

May 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM

LC,
    It sure does, Rafa is a winner, he is not here for the money or to put himself in the window to manage Stoke, WBA or Watford, he’s here to win trophies, I think we need to extend the stadium.

• firebug666

May 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Bobbybee / Ron

Aye one dream at a time, one thing is for certain, Rafa will get players that will compete all over the pitch and try to win games, unlike the dross of recent years.

I agree with Jail too; Ashley has had his hand forced, and needs must. I find nothing to be thankful for from the man, it was his and his boards gross incompetence that got us into this mess, Rafa will have his work cut out with that lot.

• rossrich

May 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM

I wish the new season started on Saturday. Happy days

• hibbitt

May 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM

it’s not just Rafa coming it’s the quality staff and coaches that will join him
    every cloud has a silver lining

• martoon

May 25, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I’m really chuffed with the news but knowing how fickle fans are how long will it be before sackrafa.com starts up? 😀

• Toon-Prodigy

May 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM

I can’t wait to see who Rafa has lined up as signings!

Finally a manager who can bring in his own players and be given a chance to succeed.

• Jail for Ashley

May 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Absolutely can’t wait for the season to start, thumping great home win against Villa would do for me. JeezusH Christ man the ground is going to be absolutely buzzing in August.

• MAUTITOON

May 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM

today is a proud day for this great club.

• clinath@ed

May 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM

the whole mindset of the club has just moved up a couple of notches.

• Bobbybee

May 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM

B&B, were you in on the negotiations then? You know exactly how it went down? A quietly whispered ‘well done’ is hardly great praise, is it? You stay miserable, i’m happy as it gets. So what’s this then? Ashley just lulling us into a false sense of security before he sacks him? We wanted him to stay out of football. He did that. We wanted investment. He did that. We wanted Rafa. He’s changed everything in order to get him. He’s given Rafa everything he asked for. Some people will never be happy because they don’t want to be. That says more about the person than the situation though. 🙂

• MAUTITOON

May 25, 2016 at 12:44 PM

• Average_Contents

May 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Never mind this blog exploding or the Internet for that matter.

My bullheads just burst all over the newly decorated living room….

• clinath@ed

May 25, 2016 at 12:48 PM

as Sir John said, there is only one Boss at SJP….and tha’ts the bloke holding the money strings.
    But as far as football matters are concerned, we could not have done better…

• Jail for Ashley

May 25, 2016 at 12:48 PM

I’m over the moon and this is exactly what we’ve needed for awhile. Just I won’t be posting in BLOCK capitals well done Mikey boy. The buffoon has just had us relegated ( again) afterall.

• Whumpie

May 25, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Jail – you’re quite right that we can’t count the chickens yet. But IF – big IF – this does signal Ashley abandoning the mad idea of using the club as an ad hoarding while still getting anything but relegated – it is a great day.

• Ron Knee

May 25, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Luke Edwards:

“Newcastle are likely to sell Moussa Sissoko, Georginio Wijnaldum, Daryl Janmaat and Andros Townsend this summer and would expect to net around £40m for the quartet.”

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Would have posted earlier but a bit busy being delirious ha ha. Well I never thought it would happen in a weekend of Sundays but we’ll done Charnley even if it’s your last ditch attempt to save your backside it’s all good. 🙂 and if you still get demoted despite it, still all good. And if Carr gets a knotted hanky and a stick for his world goods and the next business out, all still good.

• dannyhunt

May 25, 2016 at 12:53 PM

Nice one! Be interesting to see what his demands were n what transfer fund he’d be able to spend?!

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 12:55 PM

I cAnT maKe Up mY minD WheTher to PoSt in BlOck Caps or NOT!

• Jail for Ashley

May 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Whumpie,
    There is definitely change on the horizon as Rafa has demanded it. I just wouldn’t agree that Ashley just had a “Damascus” moment and a complete change. It is a set of circumstances that has gorced his hand. McCardew would still be here if he’d managed 35 points by the Bournemouth game.

• Ron Knee

May 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM

A great pity about Townsend, if true.

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM

I’ve been in Lanzarote last few weeks in full training drinking a variety of Spanish wines, eating tapas and pintxos I knew it would work if I put the effort in 🙂