Rafa Arrives At St. James’ Park – Pictures

Here are the first pictures of Rafa Benitez arriving at St. James’ Park to sign on the dotted line for at least a three year stay at Newcatsle and then hold a press conference.

rafa 2 st james' park

rafa arrives 2 st james

• Grafton83

May 25, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Will be interesting to see what details we get in the press conference.

In making this appoint a now like Mike Ashley 1 percentage point more than I did before. That takes his total score up to 1. amazing!

• clinath@ed

May 25, 2016 at 3:12 PM

do you think winning the championship counts on MA’s list of achievements/requirements for selling up..?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 25, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Hahahaha @ Carver for Everton. Maybe he has accidently applied to go and make those stripey, chewy mints?

• Toon-Prodigy

May 25, 2016 at 3:14 PM

I just want to know who is leaving and who is staying now. Excited about which players he can bring in too.

• Bambams

May 25, 2016 at 3:16 PM

What’s the betting Rafa is alone during press conference. ….

Can we believe for one minute Ash or Charnley will be there to answer questions….More likely to have another pre recorded video.

Here was me thinking all change, might still happen I suppose.

• Bambams

May 25, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Still so happy Rafa is signing….

Might even see about a ST…..

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Newcatsle. 🙂 it’s it’s blog all right there’s your proof.

About the photos – were these all taken today? If so, was he wearing the black and white tie when arriving, and did he lose it when he went????

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Eds blog. I hate technology, and it hates me.

• goommy

May 25, 2016 at 3:20 PM

Hell Yeah!!

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Is he taking the mickey out of Pards dance in that lower left pic? 🙂

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 25, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Just as I type that….

Lilongwe Geordie // May 25, 2016 at 3:20 PM

So… is it official official, or just media say it is official? Either way seems very promising.

Now, to try and sort out the squad ASAP, and have the majority of what we want in place for the start of pre season. Robertson, Trippier and Redmond would be 3 I’d want. Robertson will heavily depend on if Hull go up. Trippier and Redmond would be great signings and both have Prem and Championship experience. Then an experienced goalscorer, centre mid and centre half to shoulder the burden and responsibility at this level.

Plenty to go out from the squad with players more able to fight and challenge for a place coming in, and some of the alleged stars heading out.

• BandB

May 25, 2016 at 3:24 PM

Tsunki

The three bottom ones were taken around 1.30pm today.
    They are from a single contact sheet.

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:26 PM

I thought as much BandB. Thought I’d try my hand at scaremongering. Nobody seems to be doing any of that lately. I remember when it was all the rage.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 25, 2016 at 3:26 PM

It is exciting times, I was chatting with people at the weekend when watching the cup final, and they were baffled by how upbeat I was about everything. I think myself and most fans see Rafa as a chink of light finally bursting through some pretty thick dark clouds that have gathered over the past 9 years.

I’m wary on him having total control, but it has to be a step in the right direction after stagnating for so long we ended up going backwards in real terms. Now, to see how the reshaping happens at all levels. An interesting couple of weeks ahead I’d imagine.

• No Defence

May 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM

The first picture can’t be today surly?

• clinath@ed

May 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM

there should be no room for the Primadonna’s this season, good hard grafters with the correct skill sets, molded into a team would do nicely…thankyou

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM

I had an uncle who used to be a scaremongerer. Back then you had to do an apprenticeship of 7 years before you got to even use any tools.

• BandB

May 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Depends upon who you are trying to scare, Tsunki.

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:28 PM

…that was back when this blog was just fields sorry I’m just filling in time until the big announcement.

• archaeomag

May 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM

At last – Hope

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Scaremongering on this blog is too easy. No specialist skills required.

• clinath@ed

May 25, 2016 at 3:30 PM

careful with that total control angle Lil…I got called an imbecile when I suggested it wouldn’t be the greatest of ideas….

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Oh oh. Just heard the bad news, apparently talks broke down over reinvestment from player funds. He ain’t coming people. 🙁

• bettyswallocks

May 25, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Tsunki…… Have you ever tried that wine I suggested on previous thread. Alburino.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Tsunki

How much does a high quality scare cost these days, from a tome served scaremonger?

• Ketsbaia9

May 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Great news. I think we should only sell the following:

Colback – £5m

Santon – Loan
    Redmond – £8m
    Abeid – £3m
    Aubameyang – £30m
    Antonio Valencia – £10m

Net spend = £7.5m

We should try to win the league and the fa cup and league cup. Go straight into Europe for next season.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Or even time served

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 25, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Ahahahahaaa

Who forgot to give ketsy hos tablets?

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 25, 2016 at 3:35 PM

clinath,
    Ha, I was prepared for that sort of thing when I mentioned it. Didn’t see your post re similar. There are checks and balances on pretty much any football manager, and they need to be in place still. Competent people with the appropriate skill sets and experience in roles above Rafa are also required, not just handing over everything. For starters it is too much responsibility, and would likely take away from his coaching.

• Back Door Man

May 25, 2016 at 3:35 PM

What time is this ‘OFFICIAL’ announcement meant to take place?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 25, 2016 at 3:36 PM

His. Fcuk this fcuking phone to fcukistan and back.

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 25, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Ketsy,
    Aubameyang? As in PEA? I’m sure he would be well up for swapping Champions league with Dortmund, and dreams of Real Madrid/Barca etc for a cold Tuesday night away to Bristol City at Ashton Gate….

Even for you that is pushing the boundaries of fantasy.

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Betty nope I haven’t tried albariño but I’ve heard it’s similar in ways to a viognier which I have occasionally had and liked. I have a partiality to drier whites with good fruit rather than sweet so I have cultivated a taste for the flintyness of the local wines on Lanzarote, like the better ones of El Grifo and Bermejo.

I might give your albino wine a spin though.

• bettyswallocks

May 25, 2016 at 3:38 PM

I assume Rafa will have been working on his ins and outs as we all wait in suspense. He’s going to need some experience to blend with the youth. It’ll be very interesting to see who he keeps from the younger players.

• clinath@ed

May 25, 2016 at 3:38 PM

it was last week sometime Lil…..the possible clash of personalities/egos between Rafa and Ashley is my only concern, as the only victims would be us fans.
    But that’s for another day, I’m just enjoying the GOOD news while it lasts….

• Lilongwe Geordie

May 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM

On a completely unrelated note, the Head Coach of the current table topping Superleague said this of his cup quarter final opponents in the papers today…

“Bullets are just like our wives in cup games. Without a doubt, we will beat them,” Chirwa challenged

Incredible.

• Tsunki

May 25, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Mark I am open source I just crave acknowledgement. However I do accept donations for further research purposes, especially in the field of Doom Merchandising which I am also interested in, although I can’t see any future in it frankly.

• Ketsbaia9

De Jong
    Tiote
    Riviere
    Cisse

• hibbitt

May 25, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Its not just Rafa it’s the quality of staff / coaches he will bring in
    hoping for improvements in all areas right across the club

• rasul

May 25, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Ihaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Yes yes yes yes finallyy yehaaaaaaaaaa:))))))) He will sign some great players!!!