Newcastle Announce Initial Pre-Season Plans

Newcastle have made it official they will visit Ireland for a week-long training camp in July in preparation for the long upcoming Championship season.

Rafa wants to get the squad away so they can bond and share ideas and get that team spirit up – which will be very important in the upcoming season.

rafa-benitez-traning flipped -300x205

Rafa Benitez – Newcastle manager

This is the announcement Newcastle have just made:

=======

Newcastle United will travel to Ireland in July for a week-long pre-season training camp.

The Magpies will be based in County Kildare from Saturday 9th, July to Saturday 16th July, where they will step up their preparations for the 2016/2017 Skybet Championship season.

At this time there will be no fixtures during the training camp, however the Club are in the advanced stages of finalising a number of friendlies for elsewhere in the pre-season campaign.

This is what Rafa Benitez has said:

“This training camp will be all about hard work and trying to maximize the time we have together,”

“The venue is a great football environment with excellent facilities and not too far to travel, which was very
important.”

“The focus will be on fitness, making sure we all bond together and sharing ideas.”

“It will be very hard work and we are confident that it will be the perfect way to prepare for the start of the new season.”

=======

Rafa has stressed to Lee Charnley that he wants to concentrate in pre-season on coaching to get the squad fully fit and ready for the Championship,  so there will be no long exhausting trips this summer.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 27, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Mr tuff said:

“Jib Jibberish – no gloating from me at all.
    Thwacking your buttocks with my jacksie thwanging cane gives me no pleasure at all. I consider it a necessary duty.”

Is there anything i won’t m@sturbate too!?!?

• JP...from The Rock

May 27, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Sounds good. No more stupid long trips to the US that do more harm than good.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

May 27, 2016 at 2:51 PM

*to

• Jib

May 27, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Rafa
    Added
    “Munster will be welcome to join us for a few post training bevvies , on condition , he stops being such a negative tosser (hablando gilipolleces negativo)”

• beermonkey

May 27, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Have to pretty happy our last few preseaons have been a disaster

Ycmiu

REALLY seek help

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Convinced GeordieTwo is slowly bunking you all off and taking over your accounts with this recent proliferation of flamboyant homo-eroticism.

Better watch my back….side.

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Jibberish,
    Why are you such a nasty barsteward?

• Jib

May 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Jail
    Different senses of humour
    There are Mine , Belfasts , and Munsters.
    And you don’t have one , most stuff on here goes whoosh straight over your head , that’s probably why you get on with Dok and co because Yanks don’t get irony and sarcasm either which is strange as so many of them came from Eire originally.

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Ok Jib but you left out Beavis and But head from your list!

• Mister Tuff

May 27, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Jib Jibberish – As Eire was not the state name until 1937 – your contention that “many of them came from Eire originally” is factually incorrect.
    I think you will find that the greatest influx of the Irish was after the potato famine in 1846. Many of these folk were Catholics.
    However prior to that there had also been immigration by Protestants and Presbyterians.

• bettyswallocks

May 27, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Jib……. Eres Maricon?

• Shadow_Shearer

May 27, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Very clever by rafa. Every other pre season has been a holiday first, & work second for the players.
    This time rafa is letting them see this is all work & bonding. Holiday is very little to do with it.

• bettyswallocks

May 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Jib……Eres innato?

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Tuff, don’t mind Jib. He talks plenty of arse but I don’t mind the fella really, aint that right Jib me old flower? But Jib, as for me being negative , don’t blame me if being negative about this equals being correct. I know my football mate and if something is negative, so what. Lets not all get uber optimistic and Californian for optimism’s sake , eh ? So for example, I predicted that when Sam got the Makems job , that that was bad news for us – “fact” / correct. I said that Thauvin would flop and was slated for it – fact. I predicted weeks ago that Sunderland would stay up and we would go down in the face of happy clappy optimism – I was correct. I worried that rafa would be too defensive when he came – and he was at times , as amply shown in our awful efforts v Sunderland Norwich and Villa, the key 6 pointers. . I said that he was playing Sissoko out of position on left wing from day one – and was told I was slagging the great man off . Again, I was correct. So if that comes across as negativity, who cares, it was accurate. Anyway, stuff all that, NUFC will be in Ireland. Bingo ! I think i know where they are staying too and its niiice. Who wants me to buy them a pint ?

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Jeez is Rafa going to take a holiday for himself ? bad news re Pearson this morning. lets hope Hull get promoted too – good Championship team and manager.

• AndySco

May 27, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Haha, season tickets reduced in price by 10%, what a joke!

• Mister Tuff

May 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Moanster – are you able to get to any of the pre- season matches?

You made a point earlier which I also think or gives me cause for concern- that it looks like all the top tier are still in place at SJP.
    Have they really learned any lessons. Will they pull any stunts on Benitez?

We have Elliot today saying things were wrong with the players AND the club – tantilisingly he does not expand further

• hibbitt

May 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM

why is it a joke andy ?????

??

• AndySco

May 27, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Hibbit,

It’s not exactly a generous saving for the fans who despite their unbelievable support all season have been dumped in the championship through no fault of their own.

• firebug666

May 27, 2016 at 4:42 PM

I think this training camp in Ireland maybe to make sure the work at our own training camp is finished off. There are no pre-season matches setup for it after all. Spend a week in Ireland and come back to a Rafa setup at Benton.

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Andy wants handouts the commie scumbag.

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Tuft, if I can I will. If I’m not on hols or whatever . I reckon I know what hotel they are staying in too – my best guess is Carton House – nice spot. Might do a bit of obsessive stalking 🙂

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Firebug, I hope there are games here . I thought I heard that Shamrock Rovers and Bray might be possibilities? Would be a real pity for Irish nufc fans if no game here.

• Munster Mag

May 27, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Tuft, the fact that all the main players are in situ does concerns me a little, and it may have been factored into negotiations. ie Rafa gets to keep all football matters under his remit, but no payouts for Ashley and he keeps his trusted ( useless ) officers in place.

• hibbitt

May 27, 2016 at 4:52 PM

andy
    its 10% cheaper + more games t think it’s fair

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 27, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Hibbi
    Agree mate 10% off and 4 extra games – I’m not complaining –
    And hopefully not the dross that was dished out in some of the games last season

• hibbitt

May 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Charlie

looking forward to a few more like the spurs game

• Bobbybee

May 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Appears that despite failing miserably, both have kept their jobs, although their job description will have altered. Rafa having control of football matters relieves both of damage causing actions. Carr’s not the worse scout in the world, so carrying on without the power to sign is better suited.
    I think the 10% reduction is fair, considering the extra games we’ll get to watch. Overheads remain the same for a 50k crowd, regardless of what league you’re in.

• AndySco

May 27, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Hibbit

I suppose we will be getting more value for money with regards to seeing goals and winning games if we are going to get promoted.
    I didn’t account for the 4 extra games when I made my first comment.

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Could be Hull City scrapping all concession prices regardless of whether they achieve promotion. Done by an owner from the local area I might add.

• Bobbybee

May 27, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Hail, does that include kids? Teenagers etc? That would be a suicidal policy and serve him right. One thing Ashley’s always done is keep ticket prices down.

• Hail Wor Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Bobby

Aye, sweeping abolishment of concessions, young and old alike.

Their attendances have already dropped because of bad blood this season, from capacity crowds of 25000 to averaging about 18000 this time around. Thousands not renewing next season and likely to only sell 30000 tops of their 38000 allocation for Wembley, having sold out on their previous 3 visits there.

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2016 at 5:31 PM

I’m willing to have a fresh start with Ashley once he shows he can stick with Rafa if things don’t go well at the start. This will take time. Ashley and friends have literally destroyed the club. Don’t expect brilliant successes overnight. The shambles left by the clowns running things is everywhere to be seen. I would give Rafa a couple of seasons before even beginning to judge him.

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Some of you are saying “G2 I don’t think a bag of taco chips for Obertan and some hummus for Saylor is enough. We should have gotten some pale ale thrown in.” No lads. Now that’s getting greedy. We all know that in truth we were overpaid, especially for Saylor. That’s an extra large jar of hummus you know…. Harrumph.

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 5:38 PM

I think 10% is fair considering we’ve just signed one of the worlds best managers.

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM

They should mind you, refund everyone’s tickets for the last four years since they decided to make club policy not to win anything.

• davis_toons

May 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Rafa Benitez is what we needed

The way he does and organise his things is what we always wanted.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

May 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Jail
    I didn’t expect a reduction due to the extra 4 games to be honest and the as you say one of the world’s best managers.

How way then lads how many do think will turn up for the first home game.

I reckon could be around 45,000 plus

• GeordieTwo

May 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM

A link to Rafa’s home page:
    He does what he likes and he likes what he does!
    Rafa is our man!

• Jail for Ashley

May 27, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Charlie,
    I think it will be a sell out and it’ll be the last we see of Dutch and Scottish stag do’s for awhile.