The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Announce Initial Pre-Season Plans

2:36 pm, Friday, May 27th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 121 Comments

Newcastle have made it official they will visit Ireland for a week-long training camp in July in preparation for the long upcoming Championship season.

Rafa wants to get the squad away so they can bond and share ideas and get that team spirit up – which will be very important in the upcoming season.

rafa-benitez-traning flipped -300x205

Rafa Benitez – Newcastle manager

This is the announcement Newcastle have just made:

Newcastle United will travel to Ireland in July for a week-long pre-season training camp.

The Magpies will be based in County Kildare from Saturday 9th, July to Saturday 16th July, where they will step up their preparations for the 2016/2017 Skybet Championship season.

At this time there will be no fixtures during the training camp, however the Club are in the advanced stages of finalising a number of friendlies for elsewhere in the pre-season campaign.

This is what Rafa Benitez has said:

“This training camp will be all about hard work and trying to maximize the time we have together,”

“The venue is a great football environment with excellent facilities and not too far to travel, which was very

“The focus will be on fitness, making sure we all bond together and sharing ideas.”

“It will be very hard work and we are confident that it will be the perfect way to prepare for the start of the new season.”

Rafa has stressed to Lee Charnley that he wants to concentrate in pre-season on coaching to get the squad fully fit and ready for the Championship,  so there will be no long exhausting trips this summer.

Tags: Championship · Newcastle News · Pre-season

121 responses so far ↓

• 1 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // May 27, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Mr tuff said:

“Jib Jibberish – no gloating from me at all.
    Thwacking your buttocks with my jacksie thwanging cane gives me no pleasure at all. I consider it a necessary duty.”

Is there anything i won’t m@sturbate too!?!?

• 2 JP...from The Rock // May 27, 2016 at 2:50 PM

Sounds good. No more stupid long trips to the US that do more harm than good.

• 3 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // May 27, 2016 at 2:51 PM

• 4 Jib // May 27, 2016 at 2:58 PM

“Munster will be welcome to join us for a few post training bevvies , on condition , he stops being such a negative tosser (hablando gilipolleces negativo)”

• 5 beermonkey // May 27, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Have to pretty happy our last few preseaons have been a disaster

REALLY seek help

• 6 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Convinced GeordieTwo is slowly bunking you all off and taking over your accounts with this recent proliferation of flamboyant homo-eroticism.

Better watch my back….side.

• 7 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Why are you such a nasty barsteward?

• 8 Jib // May 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Different senses of humour
    There are Mine , Belfasts , and Munsters.
    And you don’t have one , most stuff on here goes whoosh straight over your head , that’s probably why you get on with Dok and co because Yanks don’t get irony and sarcasm either which is strange as so many of them came from Eire originally.

• 9 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Ok Jib but you left out Beavis and But head from your list!

• 10 Mister Tuff // May 27, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Jib Jibberish – As Eire was not the state name until 1937 – your contention that “many of them came from Eire originally” is factually incorrect.
    I think you will find that the greatest influx of the Irish was after the potato famine in 1846. Many of these folk were Catholics.
    However prior to that there had also been immigration by Protestants and Presbyterians.

• 11 bettyswallocks // May 27, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Jib……. Eres Maricon?

• 12 Shadow_Shearer // May 27, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Very clever by rafa. Every other pre season has been a holiday first, & work second for the players.
    This time rafa is letting them see this is all work & bonding. Holiday is very little to do with it.

• 13 bettyswallocks // May 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM

Jib……Eres innato?

• 14 Munster Mag // May 27, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Tuff, don’t mind Jib. He talks plenty of arse but I don’t mind the fella really, aint that right Jib me old flower? But Jib, as for me being negative , don’t blame me if being negative about this equals being correct. I know my football mate and if something is negative, so what. Lets not all get uber optimistic and Californian for optimism’s sake , eh ? So for example, I predicted that when Sam got the Makems job , that that was bad news for us – “fact” / correct. I said that Thauvin would flop and was slated for it – fact. I predicted weeks ago that Sunderland would stay up and we would go down in the face of happy clappy optimism – I was correct. I worried that rafa would be too defensive when he came – and he was at times , as amply shown in our awful efforts v Sunderland Norwich and Villa, the key 6 pointers. . I said that he was playing Sissoko out of position on left wing from day one – and was told I was slagging the great man off . Again, I was correct. So if that comes across as negativity, who cares, it was accurate. Anyway, stuff all that, NUFC will be in Ireland. Bingo ! I think i know where they are staying too and its niiice. Who wants me to buy them a pint ?

• 15 Munster Mag // May 27, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Jeez is Rafa going to take a holiday for himself ? bad news re Pearson this morning. lets hope Hull get promoted too – good Championship team and manager.

• 16 AndySco // May 27, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Haha, season tickets reduced in price by 10%, what a joke!

• 17 Mister Tuff // May 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Moanster – are you able to get to any of the pre- season matches?

You made a point earlier which I also think or gives me cause for concern- that it looks like all the top tier are still in place at SJP.
    Have they really learned any lessons. Will they pull any stunts on Benitez?

We have Elliot today saying things were wrong with the players AND the club – tantilisingly he does not expand further

• 18 hibbitt // May 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM

why is it a joke andy ?????

• 19 AndySco // May 27, 2016 at 4:31 PM

It’s not exactly a generous saving for the fans who despite their unbelievable support all season have been dumped in the championship through no fault of their own.

• 20 firebug666 // May 27, 2016 at 4:42 PM

I think this training camp in Ireland maybe to make sure the work at our own training camp is finished off. There are no pre-season matches setup for it after all. Spend a week in Ireland and come back to a Rafa setup at Benton.

• 21 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Andy wants handouts the commie scumbag.

• 22 Munster Mag // May 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Tuft, if I can I will. If I’m not on hols or whatever . I reckon I know what hotel they are staying in too – my best guess is Carton House – nice spot. Might do a bit of obsessive stalking 🙂

• 23 Munster Mag // May 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM

Firebug, I hope there are games here . I thought I heard that Shamrock Rovers and Bray might be possibilities? Would be a real pity for Irish nufc fans if no game here.

• 24 Munster Mag // May 27, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Tuft, the fact that all the main players are in situ does concerns me a little, and it may have been factored into negotiations. ie Rafa gets to keep all football matters under his remit, but no payouts for Ashley and he keeps his trusted ( useless ) officers in place.

• 25 hibbitt // May 27, 2016 at 4:52 PM

its 10% cheaper + more games t think it’s fair

• 26 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 27, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Agree mate 10% off and 4 extra games – I’m not complaining –
    And hopefully not the dross that was dished out in some of the games last season

• 27 hibbitt // May 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM

looking forward to a few more like the spurs game

• 28 Bobbybee // May 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Appears that despite failing miserably, both have kept their jobs, although their job description will have altered. Rafa having control of football matters relieves both of damage causing actions. Carr’s not the worse scout in the world, so carrying on without the power to sign is better suited.
    I think the 10% reduction is fair, considering the extra games we’ll get to watch. Overheads remain the same for a 50k crowd, regardless of what league you’re in.

• 29 AndySco // May 27, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I suppose we will be getting more value for money with regards to seeing goals and winning games if we are going to get promoted.
    I didn’t account for the 4 extra games when I made my first comment.

• 30 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Could be Hull City scrapping all concession prices regardless of whether they achieve promotion. Done by an owner from the local area I might add.

• 31 Bobbybee // May 27, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Hail, does that include kids? Teenagers etc? That would be a suicidal policy and serve him right. One thing Ashley’s always done is keep ticket prices down.

• 32 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Aye, sweeping abolishment of concessions, young and old alike.

Their attendances have already dropped because of bad blood this season, from capacity crowds of 25000 to averaging about 18000 this time around. Thousands not renewing next season and likely to only sell 30000 tops of their 38000 allocation for Wembley, having sold out on their previous 3 visits there.

• 33 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 5:31 PM

I’m willing to have a fresh start with Ashley once he shows he can stick with Rafa if things don’t go well at the start. This will take time. Ashley and friends have literally destroyed the club. Don’t expect brilliant successes overnight. The shambles left by the clowns running things is everywhere to be seen. I would give Rafa a couple of seasons before even beginning to judge him.

• 34 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Some of you are saying “G2 I don’t think a bag of taco chips for Obertan and some hummus for Saylor is enough. We should have gotten some pale ale thrown in.” No lads. Now that’s getting greedy. We all know that in truth we were overpaid, especially for Saylor. That’s an extra large jar of hummus you know…. Harrumph.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 5:38 PM

I think 10% is fair considering we’ve just signed one of the worlds best managers.

• 36 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM

They should mind you, refund everyone’s tickets for the last four years since they decided to make club policy not to win anything.

• 37 davis_toons // May 27, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Rafa Benitez is what we needed

The way he does and organise his things is what we always wanted.

• 38 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM

I didn’t expect a reduction due to the extra 4 games to be honest and the as you say one of the world’s best managers.

How way then lads how many do think will turn up for the first home game.

I reckon could be around 45,000 plus

• 39 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 5:44 PM

A link to Rafa’s home page:
    He does what he likes and he likes what he does!
    Rafa is our man!

• 40 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 5:45 PM

I think it will be a sell out and it’ll be the last we see of Dutch and Scottish stag do’s for awhile.

• 41 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Expect a sell-out on our end. All the noises on social media point to many returning. Hopefully we get one of the better supported clubs like Leeds or Derby and it’s a 52000 raucous atmosphere and we give them a pasting, starting as we mean to go on.

• 42 Bobbybee // May 27, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Hail, well, that certainly is one way to destroy a fanbase. You generally get hooked as a kid – like SBR states. Families can’t afford full price, so they’ll simply stop going and you need kids to replace the older ones, or your fanbase simply dwindles away to nothing. They won’t get many home games televised either, because they like full stadia for that. Spanish clubs are going to get fined for showing empty seats ffs, according to one report i read. This is what happens when clueless rich men buy football clubs – as we well know. Hull will have to change that policy eventually of they’ll go under.

• 43 davis_toons // May 27, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Get in talented guys who are 16, 17, 18 years old. Complete with bigger boys in this youth recruitment.

Thats where the stage are most equivalent between big and small clubs.
    We got to show them that if they are good enough they are old enough. They can challenge for the first team, they don’t come here to wait for their chances, they got great chances to prove that they are a starter as well.

This is a club where they can realise their dream the soonest than any other clubs and go on signing big contracts.

The path is there. It is proven. It been done before. and etc. Talented youth will join us, we can compete even in terms of wages. That what we are about.

We can go on and sign 1 Big Players per season. And without too long we will be great again.

Let Newcastle Utd Be Great Again! …HWTL

• 44 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Beermonkey and I have pulled a switcheroo on old Steve McMuffin. I pooped in his back pocket while beermonkey peed in his wellies. Hee hee. The man needed pay back……

• 45 Charlie in the Gallowgate // May 27, 2016 at 6:01 PM

The RAFA factor is most likely the reason of ticket price reduction – knowing full well he has added 10,000 on of what the attendance would be.
    Lads – like to see a sell out – depends on opposition and how many they bring.
    Plus when the game will be played -Friday Night, Saturday noon, Sunday, Monday night
    Be on the tele plenty of times

• 46 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:03 PM

We have to remember Rafa is rebuilding the entire club. Don’t expect miracles straight away. We need to stick with this for several seasons. So no moaning after the first loss!!! Harrumph…..

• 47 wolfshead@toon // May 27, 2016 at 6:06 PM

tayls is quite partial to hummus he likes to dip his greggs pasty in it

• 48 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Aye that’s right wolfie mate. But he’s not getting any of wor hummus. It’s all we got for him and we’re eating it ourselves!

• 49 Jib // May 27, 2016 at 6:09 PM

They’ll be lucky to get a sellout that early in August – there will still be many folk on their hols.

• 50 jimmysmith // May 27, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Newcastle have the right players coming off contract at the right time to reshape the side for an EPL return.

Marv, Obertan, Taylor, Doumbia, now. Collocini, Gouffran, Rivierre, Cisse, Tiote, Anita this time next year.

That’s ten 8 to 10 squad places, 4 now, 4 to come back up, with Collocini, Gouffran, Rivierre, Cisse, all capable of contributing in one final season to a promotion campaign, and Tiote and Anita playing for a contract extension.

• 51 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:10 PM

I feel the air clearing over St. James Park already. This is bloody brill. Can’t wait for the season to start, even if I can’t watch most of it!

• 52 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:11 PM

I don’t want to hold back Perez and Armstrong by playing players like Cisse and Riviere though jimmy mate. I would rather clear the decks now and go with a young squad. This next season is crucial for those 24 and under.

• 53 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM

No wonder Saylor’s heed is so fat if he’s eating hummus with his pasty!

• 54 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Yup, their owner, Assem Allam, an Egyptian immigrant that has lived in the area for decades and is known for his philanthropy, funding projects in health and education to the tunes of tens of millions, seems to have become a curmudgeon in old age and it’s his way of getting back at the fans for protesting the name change, club crest change etc. Cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Apparently when he first bought the club he said something along the lines of ” ideally football should be like air – free of charge.”, more recently in response to the crowds “City ’til we die!” chants against his proposed rebranding, he said “they can die when they want.”.

As you say, destroying the tradition of elders taking their offspring and passing on the torch, not to mention those that have been going long before he was around now being priced out. The reason I know about Hull in depth is because I have such a friend that lives there and he won’t be renewing his and his 2 young lads passes, partly out of principal and partly because of the squeeze on his finances.

How not to run a football club and ruin your reputation in the local community 101.

• 55 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // May 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Kind of knew this already that we had a lot of decisions go against us as per usual but its still a kick in the teeth

• 56 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:17 PM

If we do end up keeping Cisse I would only use him for 15 minutes at the end of some matches. He’s just not a good enough all round player. I won’t even get into Riviere. He just has to go. We don’t need any billy goats to trim the grass.

• 57 Jib // May 27, 2016 at 6:17 PM

I think Rafa’s interest in Leeds’ Lewis Cook shows that if the right offer comes in for Wijnaldum it will be accepted.

• 58 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Good point, forgot about that!

• 59 jimmysmith // May 27, 2016 at 6:21 PM

I’m sure the side would be picked on fitness and form G2. Rivierre and Gouffran simply providing good competition for places, and doing a job when called upon. And if he replaces Cisse, it’s likely to be with a starter anyway, unless you think we should be starting Arma, which I doubt Rafa would do.

• 60 The next Mike Williamson // May 27, 2016 at 6:22 PM

I don’t rate Riviere at all but you never know, he could be semi decent in the championship. Especially if we’re destroying teams. But if we can get any money for him I’d take it. Vuckic could even be a reasonable squad player.

• 61 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Good points jimmy mate. I would like to see McCormack in to replace Cisse. We should be able to play a strong attacking side with two up front in the Champs. I would pair McCormack with Armstrong in the pre-season and put Mitro with Perez. Have a look at different strike partnerships. I’m sure Rafa will do something along those lines but probably much more nuanced.

• 62 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:33 PM

I would bite your hand off for 12M for Wijnaldum. Not useful for the Championship. How anybody with his talent can have been born without snarklies is beyond me. I’ve never seen a more invisible player away from home.

• 63 jimmysmith // May 27, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Yeah, I don’t rate Rivierre much either, nor Gouffran particularly. But by Championship standards they would be good squad players. Gouffran would start at most Championship clubs. Rivierre was a starter at Monaco. Point being its not always easy to ship a player out, and get another in. There’s loads of reasons why deals don’t happen. So if we had to hold onto them, it’s not then of the world. I think we are quite well placed contract wise, which has not been at all the case in the past, where we’ve carried far too much dead wood.

• 64 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Well we’ll see what kind of weeding out Rafa does. I think we’re going to see another 5 or six gone. And we will need a CB and an experienced striker. I’m not so worried about the midfield. It was weak by Prem standards but with Dr. Evil, Colback, Anita, Saivet, Aarons, and possibly even De Jong we should handle it fairly easily.

• 65 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Does anybody actually know if Wijnaldum was born without snarklies? Or did they fall off when he came to England?

• 66 Novocastrian66 // May 27, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Bloody Hell Cisse has to put a dampner on an otherwise good week!

• 67 jimmysmith // May 27, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Obviously it’s just a bit of fun. I don’t think Rafa’s reading the blog for tips, but Widjnaldum is interesting. He’s clearly capable of being a top notch EPL player. I can’t see Rafa letting him go easily.

• 68 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 6:49 PM

We’re stuck with Cisse unless some Chinese or Arab country come in and offer him a three year deal on better money, there is no way he will return to one of his former stomping grounds for less money than he’s getting here.

• 69 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Cisse is retained until June next year lads but I think we’ve really messed up by not selling him earlier on. His past couple of seasons have been terrible with injuries and bizarre play.

• 70 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 6:51 PM

It is going to be the most interesting close season since 96 I think. None of us know who Rafa wants to keep, who he wants as captain, who he wants to sign, bring it on.

• 71 Ron Knee // May 27, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Has the Holland team been announced?

• 72 Jail for Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM

His goals saved us the season before last mind.

• 73 toonluvva // May 27, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Does this 10% reduction in ST prices include those like me who signed up for the 10 year deal that Llambias promoted a few years ago?

• 74 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Good point Jail mate but it’s time to move him on. I’ve never seen such poor touches on the ball at times. I’ve seen him try to trap the ball with his knees!

• 75 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 6:59 PM

I can’t wait see Mitro deal with some of the Champo defenders. He’ll eat them for lunch. I wasn’t joking about bringing his mum over with a puppy for him. I don’t want him sent straight off!

• 76 Toon_Barmy // May 27, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Can’t believe a lot of people saying to get rid of Wijnaldum. He was dutch player of the year in a top side- which is what we would be in the championship. Him and sissko would rip opponent’s apart in the championship

• 77 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:04 PM

But the lack of snarklies away from hom Toon_Barmy. What happened to the snarklies????

• 78 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:05 PM

That should be away from home not hom. But still…… we need answers. Harrumph…

• 79 stuart no9 // May 27, 2016 at 7:06 PM

i like the sound of that training camp , 1 hour flight , no silly long haul . Im confident that when he says hard work , that is what it will be, no silly spanish holidays learning f@@k all and coming back knackered and sh@te. cant wait to see what players he has in mind to get us out of the championship . looking forward to it

• 80 Ron Knee // May 27, 2016 at 7:09 PM

There’s a photo of the Stadium of Light on the BBC’s sports web page. What a dismal looking place!

• 81 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Yes spot on Stuart. And you’ll get all the juicy tidbits here. Beermonkey and I are on the trail of all the big stories. Including The Case of the Missing Snarklies……

• 82 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:11 PM

I always thought so Ron mate. And they let all that riff raff in for matches…..Unbelievable.

• 83 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM

I’m programming all this information into my super computer Deep Thought to get us an accurate projection for where we’ll finish next season. Stay tuned….

• 84 Bobbybee // May 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Toonluvva, i read that ashley wanted to reward the most loyal fans, as he termed it, the ones who stuck with the club these last few years. From that statement, i think it’s fair to assume that includes those on the ten year policy.

• 85 Ron Knee // May 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM

I like the corrugated effect. Very fetching.

• 86 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Okay, I’ve finished turning the crank and the ticker tape is coming out now. Hmmmmm. I see…… First place with 93 points!!!!!

• 87 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I like to compare it to an unfinished garden shed with add-ons Ron mate….

• 88 Bobbybee // May 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Very strange. Very strange indeed. Watching a game at the SOS and wanting the home team to win. It just seems weird to me. 😉

• 89 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:23 PM

I expect some excellent performances in the coming season. Perez is good enough to get a dozen if he can handle the rough stuff. Mitro could have a dynamite season, as could Dr. Evil. We have very fine goal keeping as well.

• 90 Ron Knee // May 27, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Wijnaldum to start for Holland.

• 91 JAMSHA // May 27, 2016 at 7:26 PM

links for the australia vs Eng game?

• 92 JAMSHA // May 27, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Got It

• 93 JAMSHA // May 27, 2016 at 7:28 PM

• 94 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM

I wish jonjo shelvey would change his name. It should be either joejoe or jonjon. None of this in between malarkey…..

• 95 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Or just stick with Dr. Evil Jonjo…..

• 96 Bobbybee // May 27, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Toonluvva. Just been to the club website and it says all ST’s will get the 10% reduction, including those already benefitting from the price freeze offers. (Ten year deals etc). As it should be. 😉

• 97 manxpie // May 27, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Can’t believe an out of form most of the season sterling gets another chance while an in form townsend doesn’t
    absolute joke

• 98 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Good start by England so far, hopefully they will win just to annoy expat, how he supports them over England i will never, isn’t he English or am i missing something.

• 99 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Might get some tickets watching Newcastle away, plenty of teams to watch that are close to home.

• 100 welshgeordie9 // May 27, 2016 at 8:08 PM

How can Townsend show what he can do to get picked for the euros when he hasn’t played yet.

• 101 Ron Knee // May 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Australia playing some nice football.

• 102 lochinvar // May 27, 2016 at 8:52 PM

Obviously going to Ireland for a drop of the Black and White stuff.
    Turns boys into Men and should do wonders for the players fitness.

• 103 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Given Roy’s comments about him, I think Townsend is already assured of his place and the rest are vying for spots. No other reason why he’d be playing them all apart from him.

• 104 manxpie // May 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Wow milner instead of townsend now what the fuss is he gonna learn from that!

• 105 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 8:58 PM

I’d drop Sturridge, Henderson and Delph.

• 106 JAMSHA // May 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM

bring townsend u fkn cuuuu

• 107 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 9:14 PM

See the not good enough for us Shane Long has put Ireland 1-0 in up against a terrible Holland. Shares a lot of characteristics with Mccormack, quicker but Mccormack is a free-kick specialist.

Trust us to have a team replete with Dutch internationals right when they’re a shite outfit.

• 108 manxpie // May 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Not even 20 mins criminal

• 109 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Excellent header Dier. Not very cmforting as the emergency CB now is he?

• 110 Thump // May 27, 2016 at 9:25 PM

@Welsh: Aye but wearing a Swansea shirt in Cardiff is a sure fire way to be hanged.

• 111 JAMSHA // May 27, 2016 at 9:26 PM

townsend playn class

• 112 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Luuk De Jong equalises for the Dutch 🙂

• 113 martoon // May 27, 2016 at 9:37 PM

The makems really are a bunch of sad bar stewards – booing Townsend every time he gets the ball -he’s playing for England not the Toon!

• 114 manxpie // May 27, 2016 at 9:43 PM

So townsend gets less than 15mins
    sorry but that is way way unfair
    Even playing rashford there instead

• 115 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 9:47 PM

News alert lads! One of Wini’s testicles has been spotted by beermonkey lying in a hammock in Fiji. Well spotted beermonkey! Wait a minute…. there’s a round trip ticket to Fiji showing up in my expense claims…. Hoy beermonkey!!!

• 116 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 9:48 PM

Meanwhile the search for Wini’s other plum goes on……

• 117 loonie-toon // May 27, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Hail wor Ashley Delph out of euros I injured in training

• 118 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Why’s it unfair? You’re basing that on them all starting from 0. Hodgson has always been a fan of Townsend, knows exactly what he will get from him, can’t see any reason why he won’t be in the 23.

• 119 GeordieTwo // May 27, 2016 at 9:52 PM

I’m just running some more data on my backup computer. Deep Thought is showing signs of fatigue but my backup computer Numerical Num Nums is not letting me down. The projection is 20 goals for Mitro and 3 red cards for next season! One of the reds is for excessive glaring? Can they do that?

• 120 Hail Wor Ashley // May 27, 2016 at 10:00 PM

So that means only 2 left to drop?

Sturridge carrying a knock and the inbred Henderson it is then.

• 121 manxpie // May 27, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Because he hasn’t been given an opportunity where as sterling who hasn’t performed for months gets nearly 2 games
    the deadline is on Tuesday
    I hope ya right but if he doesn’t get picked then I’ll flag this up again lol

previous post: Benitez Likely To Let Some Good Players Leave This Summer