The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Richard Keys Upbeat For Rafa And That Mighty Club Newcastle

9:06 am, Saturday, May 28th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 32 Comments

Richards Keys hasn’t always been complimentary to Newcastle but on his Twitter account he seems to gone all out to tell everybody he’s delighted that Rafa Benitez is staying at Newcastle and maybe that finally we can return to having Newcastle United being successful again.

Richard Keys -text-message-007

Richard Keys – time that mighty club got it right again

Tags: Championship · Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Premier League

32 responses so far ↓

• 1 sing in the corner // May 28, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Ha ha, the cult of ‘celebrity’. How ridiculous. Who cares what this talking head thinks?

• 2 sing in the corner // May 28, 2016 at 9:16 AM

Just watching PL 100 club. What a player Les Furrihand was. So strong, quick enough and unbeatable in the air. Nobody could handle him, and that was in the days when centre halves used to spend 90 minutes kicking lumps out of strikers.
    Mitro take note!

• 3 Harley // May 28, 2016 at 9:28 AM

Today i agree with jimmysmith and yoicouldntmakeitup from the earlier posts on the Townsend story.

• 4 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Les Furrihand ha ha ha
    Tino Asprintaker was cannt too

• 5 expatmag // May 28, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Les FURRIHAND???????

That well known Werewolf of London…….lol

• 6 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 9:29 AM

canny even

• 7 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 9:32 AM

His proper title is:-
    Sir Leslie Ferdinand

• 8 sing in the corner // May 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM

• 9 JP...from The Rock // May 28, 2016 at 9:50 AM

Les was a great player as to was Asprilla. And who can forget Gillespie putting those sublime crosses in for Asprilla to score against Barcelona? I met Gillespie last night at a dinner and had him sign one of my shirts. Very down to earth guy. I also won an auction grabbing me an Nufc top signed by Shearer and Tino, so it was a good night overall.

I can’t wait for Rafa to build something similar here. All we need is a few good pieces in this crazy jigsaw puzzle and we can then finally see the whole picture. What we had those days apart from a great team and a terrific manager, was two very effective wingers. We underestimate the importance of proper wingers. Back then Ginola and Gillespie used to put balls on a plate for Sir Les etc to score and today we only have one really in Townsend. We need another on the other side and that will make a huge difference to our play and to Mitro’s goal return.

• 10 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Warren – sadly missed

• 11 AncientC // May 28, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Richard… Richard Keys. Seriously?

• 12 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // May 28, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Yes I remember Townsend being described as “an English Obertan”. I am still unsure how people formed such a negative opinion of him. He picked up where he left off for england in his cameo last night. We have to keep him.

• 13 AncientC // May 28, 2016 at 10:18 AM

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No, I don’t think I do, sir, no.
    General Jack D. Ripper: He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

• 14 WLtoon // May 28, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Judgeing by the blog , nobody gives a toss what Keys thinks. I know more about footie than that balloon, and im a Forky.

• 15 AncientC // May 28, 2016 at 10:23 AM

“fair play to Rafa”, well played Keys’ well done.

• 16 Ron Knee // May 28, 2016 at 10:27 AM

“How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.”

• 17 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 10:28 AM

The window opens on July1 but that doesn’t stop players , coaches , managers , and agents from talking to each other before then.
    The Euros run from 10th June to 10th July.
    We start pre season training 28th June then the following week in Ireland.
    I would think unlike previous seasons the “will he /won’t he ” crap will be kept to a minimum – Rafa will have all of our transfer business done by early July.

• 18 Jack Root // May 28, 2016 at 10:34 AM

The same more so goes for the contribution of Ancient who’s a never ending nightmare bore. No wonder so many of us read and don’t post- what a no- mark he is . Whilst he thinks his efforts are truly Stakhanovite.

• 19 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Moussa Sissoko is 28 in a couple of months.
    I cannot see him wanting to spend a year of what’s left of his career in the Championship.
    This tournament in Paris is the ideal opportunity and shop window for him to win a last big transfer.
    Watch the bugger play out of his skin for Les Bleus .
    If he stays fit and has a good tournament he could generate a lot of transfer funs for Rafa.

• 20 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Can anyone remember Nikki Pot o Vasesine tat we bought from Crete?

• 21 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2016 at 10:38 AM

• 22 AncientC // May 28, 2016 at 10:40 AM

“The same more so goes for the contribution of Ancient who’s a never ending nightmare bore. No wonder so many of us read and don’t post- what a no- mark he is . Whilst he thinks his efforts are truly Stakhanovite”

I hope you were wearing your gum guard when you typed that all out. *Pats Jack Root on the head*

• 23 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Jack Root
    I thought it was just me !
    I thought there was some clever blog sub-plot of which I was blissfully unaware !
    So Ancient C is the over-blown pompous pr!ck I thought originally !

• 24 Jail for Ashley // May 28, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Just ran a search on Jack Root, seems to have been posting the same time as carl last time he was here, then returns not long after carl shows his name again. Just a thought!

• 25 The overrated Frenchman // May 28, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Jib@10 – Gotta agree with you there, he was a legend. By the way, a friend of mine is one of the world’s leading authorities on swifts – no joke!

• 26 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 10:55 AM

The craic on the blog has been fairly good so far.

I hope the usual suspects – Jail , Mr Tuff etc. aren’t going to reduce it to the level of Richmal Crompton’s , William and the Outlaw’s , as per usual.

• 27 Jack Root // May 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM

If that’s what you said at the time then fair play. My view is that Ancient is jealous of your and others range of wit, warmth and intelligent insight.
    You don’t always get it right but who does.

• 28 Jib // May 28, 2016 at 10:58 AM

The overrated Frenchman
    I get quite a view of Swifts nest from my flat roof.
    Did you know they spend so much time on the wing they can hardly walk and are actually reputed to sometimes sleep on the wing when migrating !

• 29 Jack Root // May 28, 2016 at 10:59 AM

Just William. You provide quiz questions as well. Clearly no limit to your talent.
    Off to watch the cricket.

• 30 The overrated Frenchman // May 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Jib@28 – I did know that. The swifts we see in Australia breed in northern Asia/Siberia and migrate to here in our Summer. It is believed that they spend almost the entire time here in the air – three or four months. Incredible.

• 31 bettyswallocks // May 28, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Jib…….. The reasons birds fly south in the winter is because it’s too far to walk.

• 32 Bobbybee // May 28, 2016 at 12:03 PM