The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

It’s A Massive Boost For This Local Lad

12:58 pm, Sunday, May 29th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 110 Comments

After Rafa Benitez came in during March and Paul Dummett finally recovered from those hamstring injuries, Paul played really well when he came in for those final six games of the season (3 wins – 3 draws) after the Southampton disaster and the local lad played very well.

It;s probably the best we;ve seen Paul play and we’re sure Rafa Benitez had something to do with that.

Paul+Dummett+Liverpool+v+Newcastle+United+GNDikwsMdEDl

Rafa Benitez talks with Paul Dummett At Anfield

Paul is now with the Welsh squad preparing for the Euro 2106 tournament in France next month and we hope Paul can get a game and push on with his International career.

Paul has some good things to say about Rafa Benitez and then talks about how he’d like to kick-on with his career with Wales.

This is what Paul has said:

“It’s a massive boost for us to have a manager like him to be in charge.”

“The experience he has can only be a massive help for everyone at Newcastle and for me getting better as a player learning from his experience.”

“Relegation was very disappointing but to come away to a different environment with a different group of players (Welsh squad) is a good experience.”

“We’ve got a good squad of players (at Wales) who work hard for each other and you’ve seen that throughout the qualifiers.”

“Two or three years I’ve been involved internationally but never really kicked on.”

“I’ve had so many injuries with the club, but now I’ve been fit for a while and hopefully I can stay injury-free and be involved in the competition.”

“The manager has probably been watching throughout the season every player in the squad – and will have an idea.”

“It’s something a lot of players don’t have the opportunity of doing. I’m focused on getting picked for this squad.”

One thing that has held Paul back over the last couple of years as he mentioned are his injuries – and that’s another area for Rafa to try to fix at Newcastle.

We have far too many injuries each season and it’s probably got to do with the procedures used in training and processes used by the medical department to deal with injuries – it’s an area Rafa will look at very closely in pre-season.

And because we have had small squads in the past, Newcastle probably rushed players back and that will have to stop.

If we can keep Paul Dummett fit and with Rafa’s coaching, we may have a top player on our hands.

Hope so.

Tags: Coaching · Euro 2016 · International News · Management · Newcastle News · Paul Dummett

110 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Dummett has the potential to become a regular for us over the next few years. His distribution needs to improve but defensively he has handled some of the best wingers in his stride. Deceptively fast as well. His shortcomings can be coached and he won’t get a better teacher than Rafa. I prefer him as a CB if i’m honest, but he’s improved enough at LB to make him worth persevering with. .

• 2 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:12 PM

When I talk about bringing in loan players it’s because I am assuming we can’t persuade a top player to come this season, however if we could bring in a top LB I would, if not a loanee who is better than Dummet. He is the ideal defender to have on the bench. Is Curtis Good ever going to heal?

• 3 expatmag // May 29, 2016 at 1:13 PM

I doubt Gerrard or Alonso would come but I can see Michael Carrick coming in as csptsin

• 4 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Could Gerrard get in the Chelsea team?

• 5 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Expat, Carrick has never had a good word to say about Newcastle and repeatedly said he would never play for us. I would begrudge giving him a nice little earner now his time has petered out at Manure. If he came here it would be entirely for the money and nothing else – and we’ve already got enough of those, thank you.

• 6 swemag // May 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Saw Gerrard play last night here in Montreal. Still a very good player and very comfortable on the ball. Sure it is a bit slower over here but quality doesn’t just disappear.

• 7 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:24 PM

expat,
    Nice thought but he’ll realise he’s got another shot at a league title under Mourinho and possibly one last blast at the CL. He’s 33 now so it might depend on what Mourinho has planned for him. Jeezus, he’s won more than Rafa, I wouldn’t fancy cleaning the pair of thems trophy cabinets.

• 8 swemag // May 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Agree on Carrick. He had many chances to come.
    Not now Mike, we’re busy.

• 9 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:27 PM

I think Carrick digs have been more aimed at our miserly billionaire rather than at the club.

• 10 Average_Contents // May 29, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Correction. Carrick never had a good word to say about Mike Ashley.

I’ll never play for them while he’s there. Or something along those lines.

• 11 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:31 PM

Does anyone think Shearer would have come with Mike Ashley in charge ?

• 12 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 1:35 PM

In case you hadn’t noticed, Ashley is still here. Therefore that surely makes the Carrick discussion irrelevant?

• 13 Average_Contents // May 29, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Jfa beat me to it.

How very dare he think like a fan and understand what is/was wrong at the club.

Gerrard? In my fcuking dreams. Still class.

I don’t think he got on brilliantly with rafa whilst at Liverpool. That’s what I heard from the father in laws brother (ex reserve manager at Liverpool) so wishful thinking but yeah. All day long for me.

• 14 BeeGuy // May 29, 2016 at 1:39 PM

You will know Dummitt has arrived when his teammates pass the ball to him when on attack.

• 15 Average_Contents // May 29, 2016 at 1:42 PM

If it makes it irrelevant then why did you respond to expats comment regarding Carrick.

Oh yeah, because you said he has digs at the club but then two posters say it was at Mike Ashley and all of a sudden it’s not worth discussing.

Funny that like.

• 16 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Now we’ve got a top manager and seem to be on the verge of being run like a football club again, I hadn’t noticed Ashley was still here to be honest!

• 17 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Well, we’ll see i suppose. Personally I think Rafa intends to take us forward and is thinking of the future, not has beens. Carrick won’t come – unless he’s as fickle as those who said they’d never come back whilst Ashley was there, but are now queing up for ST’s – and Gerrard struggled in his last season in the PL. Let’s leave it to Rafa’s judgement. He’ll do what he thinks is best.

• 18 Bambams // May 29, 2016 at 1:51 PM

I am happy with our back four that finished the season – as long as we keep them.

We need more pace up front, neither Mitro, Perez, Riviere or Cisse are quick enough.

You just need to look at Vardy at Leicester.

Could Arma be that player ?

If we keep the back four with Krul (my choice of keeper)

Townsend on one wing, similar on opposite wing …..

Colback ? Tiote ? Shelvey ? SDJ ? Perez ? ….. A new leader/capt in the middle

Mitro with a fast partner…but who ?

• 19 Bambams // May 29, 2016 at 1:53 PM

I wonder what SDJ would be like in the championship. …

I am almost becoming obsessed with wanting to see this bloke get a run

• 20 headtheball // May 29, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Breaking news……
    Family Court Ruling from Sunderland.
    A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.
    The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
    The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
    After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
    After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to Sunderland AFC whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

HWTF

• 21 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Bobby,
    You keep bringing that up, but I said I would not go back unless there was radical change. There has been. What is fickle about that.

• 22 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM

And as for Rafa’s judgement, does that mean we are not allowed to discuss what we’d like to see done then?

• 23 Tsunki // May 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Jail @ 16 – it would appear then that Mr Bishop is indeed worth his corn. When he persuades everyone that Mike Ashley has finally become our saviour and the Toast of Tyneside, I think he’ll be in for a very nice bonus.

• 24 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Oh, sorry. Do i need your permission to post on here? My mistake. I was pointing out why I don’t want him, which frankly, has nowt to do with you. I nearly came on earlier, but noticed the usual suspects were rowing again. No matter who it is, Jib, me, welshie etc, the only constant in any row on here is the usual suspects. Always involved. Most people come on here to disuss football, you lot come on to pick fights behind a friggin keyboard. I think the majority are getting sick of it.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Bobby.
    If you care to read through the days post, the topic has been very football related from first thing this morning barring that idiot BDM, you made a comment about Micheal Carrick slagging the club and when it’s challenged you go in to apoplectic mode. Chill out ffs! And who’s been arguing with who u tiles you turned up.

• 26 headtheball // May 29, 2016 at 2:04 PM

No point trying to be funny. I think another couple of months away from here restores my faith in humanity.
    Enjoy the bickering.

• 27 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM

For one, what makes you think i was talking about you? If the cap fits I suppose. Ok then, which of those statements are true? Did you only go back because Ashley invested money? Or, as you claimed on or about the 17th, you had been going to about ten games a season under Ashley’s regime? Both can’t possibly be true. You lie so often, you forget which lie you told on which day. If you had been going to ten games a season under ashley – your claim, not mine – then not only are you a liar, but the biggest hypoctite imaginable. You decide.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:07 PM

And you want to take a look at yourself, you were rowing with posada and Andrew 84 who don’t post much, but as soon as they get in to a row with you they are usually suspects or part of a borg???

• 29 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM

I’ve read the posts! Who’s been bickering all morning? You, you bloody idiot. I’m out of here, leaving he liars and hypocrites to it. I came on to talk football. Your problem is, if i don’t agree with you, you think I’m looking for an argument. It still stands, Carrick doesn’t want to come here and never has. Get ovr it.

• 30 Tsunki // May 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Bobby @17 – are you coming down off the painkillers again you seem to be gettting testy. 🙂

Who actually said they’d never go back while Ashley was there? I thought it was Kevin Keegan ha ha.

And who’s queuing up for ST’s? Is there a report of a run on them? Well maybe they are, but perhaps a ten percent price drop oils those wheels as well as Rafa being there. Don’t forget, it’s entirely within the realms of possibility Rafa may have to endure an injury crisis, still have want away players, and even a bad run against better opposition than expected. I think the 10% incentive might be insurance to get tickets sold and gates kept up in case the ahem er well unthinkable starts to happen.

I think it’s a bit disrespectful as a “proper” fan to put forward the idea that it’s the plastic fans who will return – maybe it will be those who finally can afford it, and those who are prepared to give generous benefit of the doubt to this club that has failed them so miserably right up to now. Let’s just be real here. We are just relegated. Nothing great has actually happened yet.

• 31 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Bobby,
    I didn’t say you were talking about me, you said people were arguing, which they weren’t.
    I don’t tell lies, unlike you telling anyone who’ll listen that people tried to take the mick out of your disability. Thats pretty low!

• 32 Tsunki // May 29, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Headtheball – I appreciated it mate. Keep it up, there’s room for levity even in the heat of a keyboard war 😀

• 33 Average_Contents // May 29, 2016 at 2:11 PM

I never said you needed permission did I?

You go back and find it and I’ll wait fornever.

If you don’t like it having anything to do with me or anyone at all for that matter then why post it on the internet. On a blog that is for discussion.

Wow.

You can question ANYTHING or ANYONE but when someone questions you or says anything you disagree with, you resort to snide remarks and old arguments.

Why the massive chip on your shoulder.

Your bitter and twisted with a superiority complex.

Yes I’m sure that’s why the blogs slowly dying. Nothing to do at all with the wums and trolls you mentioned. Funnily enough they seem to be attracted to you.

Perhaps their the flies and your the….

• 34 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM

If I’ve been going to about ten games a season I’m a liar?

• 35 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Still waiting for an answer jail. One is definitely a lie, because both cannot be true. So, which is it? Or most likely both. You need a good memory to be an accomplished liar.
    “I only went back because he invested”, or, “for your information, i’ve attended at least ten games a season under Ashley’s regime.” Support the boycott like i do! Ha ha ha ha. Hypocrite.

• 36 Tsunki // May 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM

On topic – Dummet to my mind is and always will be a basic, dependable lb. As soon as he thinks of trying to initiate an attack from deep he is out of his zone in every sense. That’s why he’s so good at CB. No need for him to move out of his assigned area. At least he’s not as stupid as colback who must have cost us points from his pathetic and pointless shirt tugging around the box.

• 37 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Bobbybee,
    I’ve attended games all my life, since settling back in the UK in 2009 I’ve managed to get to about ten games a season, I stopped going two seasons ago as I had enough. I said I wouldn’t return unless there was radical change and investement. After January I felt that 80M was investement and I gave a bit back. Now I believe there has been a major change and I will put my money back in to the club.

• 38 Average_Contents // May 29, 2016 at 2:20 PM

As for the bickering all morning. What the actual fcuk are you on about?

Nothing started until YOU took exception to being questioned you ball and bat.

• 39 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 2:23 PM

Jail, of course it does. Either the only reason you’re going back now is because Ashley has invested OR all the time you’ve been giving it large about Ashley, you’ve been going, whilst encouraging others to boycott. Even somebody with your limited intelligence should be able to see both can’t be right. Anyway, I’ve got better things to do and didn’t come on here to argue with the likes of you. No doubt you’ll find somebody else to argue with whilst i’m gone. 😉 same old same old.

• 40 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM

Change the goalposts all you like. Everybody should boycott (except me, of course. Divvie. Later chaps. 😉

• 41 expatmag // May 29, 2016 at 2:29 PM

Fcuk me….get a life, you tossers. Stop arguing.

• 42 Mister Tuff // May 29, 2016 at 2:32 PM

A definite no to Carrick – he has slagged the club off loads of times.
    A definite no to Gerrard – he’s bloody 35 yrs old now – legs were going season before last. Rodgers even discussed with him managing his games as it was too much for him in his last season. With extra games this season -he would not be available for all.

• 43 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:32 PM

Bobby,
    Again, you’ve got me mixed up with someone else. I supported the Spurs boycott. Lay off the weed marrow 😉

• 44 Carl819 // May 29, 2016 at 2:36 PM

On topic, we could do a lot worse than Dummet; off topic, this is a football blog for football discussions about, or related to, the topic. It’s often turned into a keyboard warrior slagging match, ‘don’t read it then’ you literary geniuses will probably reply. The Ed. puts a lot of effort into this site and some good discussions go on, unfortunately it is becoming a bit more of an effort to find them.

• 45 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:37 PM

expat,
    That’ll work!

• 46 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 2:37 PM

So who are we going to play this season then, Barnsley or Millwall.

• 47 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 2:38 PM

When was the last time we played millwall.

• 48 Average_Contents // May 29, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Expat

You started it inadvertently of course but still lol.

Perhaps we should talk about alien heed being released. Only joking.

• 49 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Must admit don’t like barnsleys socks, they look like where’s wally, only need the hat and glasses.

• 50 expatmag // May 29, 2016 at 2:43 PM

AC

Finding the Monaco grand prix more interesting than the waffle on here today

• 51 bettyswallocks // May 29, 2016 at 2:43 PM

Jail…. I think we need some closure on your match attendance history , shall we say during the past 6 yrs. if you moved back in 2009. Did you by any chance keep any of your match ticket stubs or any credit card statements so that at least we have some documented evidence to back up your story.

• 52 Tsunki // May 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Hmm yes it is a football blog but argument is only an extension of debate so I wouldn’t get too upset about it. I’d be more miffed about people stating as facts thing that never happened, or ascribing erroneous statements to other bloggers. And Jib.

• 53 geordie157 // May 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Lots of people talking about Gerrard, him Carrick or Alonso could be fantastic. All getting on a bit but leaders who can help us and also would benefit others with the experience they can pass on.

• 54 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Nothing wrong with watching Grand Prix especially at Monaco.

• 55 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 2:47 PM

betty,
    Just the word of a man who had a £100 bet on here and paid up!

• 56 bettyswallocks // May 29, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Jail…. I believe you but can you remember which matches you attended and the dates. I think this might help.

• 57 hibbitt // May 29, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Bobbybee

calm down
    this is a blog when you post on here you put your comment in the public domain you can’t pick and choose who answers
    why is it you always get so fired up your a good poster but you just lose it then you have of one of your rants
    and thats boring

• 58 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Remember the season we got relegated in 78ish? Millwall got promoted the same time and the fixture list gave us Millwall away first off. What a day that was, as anybody there will remember! ; ) Could lighting strike twice? Hope Barnsley win though, nowhere near as far to travel and the last game there was a belter, with 7k fans backing us.

• 59 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 3:04 PM

1-0 Barnsley already.

• 60 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 3:05 PM

I hope Barnsley win.

• 61 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Hibbett, i don’t care who answers my posts. Why would I? All i did was point out that Carrick won’t sign for us – for whatever reason. Did i say ‘i wasn’t talking to you?’ No. I was then told he won’t sign because of Ashley, not because of Newcastle. Fine, Ashley’s still here, so he still won’t sign. What’s to argue about? Maybe you should save your ire for the ones who never ever stop arguing, regardless of topic and based purely on who’s talking. They don’t own this blog. I’ll say what i say whether they agree or not.

• 62 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:17 PM

I’m with you welshie, i’d sooner Barnsley won than millwall. What a belting game it is too. End to end.

• 63 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:20 PM

Oh, get in. What a goal for barnsley. 2-1. 😉

• 64 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:21 PM

2-0 even, 😉

• 65 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 3:30 PM

Barnsley looks more up for it.

• 66 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Millwall not giving up though! 2-1. Premonition earlier? Naw, just a typo! 😉

• 67 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Bobby

This is a very good match so far, joy to watch.

• 68 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 3:44 PM

I forgot Shane Ferguson is with millwall, is that permanent or was he loaned out, i can’t remember.

• 69 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Welshie, innit just. Seen a lot worse games in the PL to be honest. Hope they keep it up all game.

• 70 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Welshie, he’s there for good now, one of those loans that suited both clubs to make it permanent. Still got a silky left foot though. 😉

• 71 Mister Tuff // May 29, 2016 at 3:55 PM

Cet après-midi,ne soyez pas impliqué.
    Les deux sont complètement cinglé.

• 72 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Well, what a cracking first half of football. Much better game than the hull v weds game. Hope the second half matches it. 😉

• 73 beefman13 // May 29, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Siem De Jong, owes this club big style, will he stay or will he slide back to Holland for a another nice little earner, i feel if he stays he could be a revelation in the Championship, a bit like Lovenkrands was, lets see what desire the lad has.

• 74 Lindisfarne // May 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM

I hope Rafa is looking mainly at good young Championship players and PL players that are struggling for matches.

Will Hughes just back from injury and probably would prefer a CL manager to Pearson.
    I believe the lad Cook, at Leeds is a defensive midfielder and Dunk are hood shouts from the Championship. Whilst Rodregues(?) from Southmptn and Lindgard maybe?

• 75 WWSBRD // May 29, 2016 at 4:33 PM

LB probably the weakest area of our squad and Dunmett isn’t the answer imo sorry son but earn ur place in the centre to get in the team

• 76 WWSBRD // May 29, 2016 at 4:35 PM

beefman
    How can we rely on his fitness mate? More games and a tough old league does that sound like the one de Jong should be playing in?

• 77 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Get in. Well done barnsley. 😉 see ya next season!

• 78 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 4:41 PM

WWSBRD, his best position imo, CB. Useful cover there and young enough to learn from Rafa at LB. His distribution is poor, but that will improve under Rafa. We still need another LB regardless, so you’d go for an improvement anyway, but as cover and eager to learn, worth keeping imo.

• 79 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Ivan toney coming on. Howay lad, get a goal.

• 80 Lindisfarne // May 29, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Brendan Galloway, 20yo left back for Everton is supposedly interesting Villa.

• 81 The next Mike Williamson // May 29, 2016 at 4:45 PM

There was bickering this morning. A couple of people were complaining about jib, telling him to start his own blog if I remember right and also doing the usual of suggesting other bloggers are him. whether that’s true or not it’s incredibly boring to the vast majority who don’t give a monkeys.

• 82 WWSBRD // May 29, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Bobby
    Certainly keep him I see no reason to lose him just not at LBwhen playing at CB he looked a successor to Colo imo but then we ignored the lb issue and he was pushed back there. Him Lascelles and Mbemba plus 1 more I’d be happy with at CB but at LB he just doesn’t offer enough, nothing comes down the left with him there and that’s not good enough too easy to play against

• 83 WWSBRD // May 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM

Lindisfarne
    Meant to be highly rated at Everton surely just a loan?

• 84 BandB // May 29, 2016 at 4:59 PM

One of the benefits of the so-called bickering is that it brings people of differing views into conversation and produces humour.
    There are plenty who post nothing but grey, trite, humourless mundanities and only ever respond to those who agree with them.

• 85 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 5:02 PM

WWSBRD, aye, like i say, that is his best position, no doubt about it. Which is what makes him a good squad player. He’s good cover at LB and with the right coaching, who knows? But we agree – deffo a keeper, as my lad might say. 😉

• 86 beefman13 // May 29, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Barnsley done our away fans a big favor there, nee daft knacka Millwall fans kicking around, a nice two hour trip to Barnsley rather than the smoke.

• 87 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Beefman, win win for us marra! This is one of our derby games lmao! Last time it was a belter. 7k of us making a racket and wondering ‘how did that happen?’ 😉

• 88 martoon // May 29, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Is it just me or is Back Door Man just a rambling idiot:
    Back Door Man // May 29, 2016 at 11:45 AM
    ……….
    Martoon evidences an intellectual agility rarely seen outside the confines of Pentonville Nick’s C Wing. His posts are half-formulaic, half-original; the original parts come from the piles of Werther’s sweetie wrappers discarded on his cell floor (see what I did there?) Clearly, his vanity wall, against which stands his honking ‘slop bucket’, is covered with dozens of framed Diplomas for this degree and that degree, putting to shame BDM’s attempts to get CSE Woodwork………………………..

I mean wtf?

• 89 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 5:30 PM

“It’s not wembley anymore, it’s oakwell south.” Class line from sky sports. 😉

• 90 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Martoon, i don’t think he takes himself serious, it’s his sense of humour, as bizarre as that might sound. When he’s on form he can be quite amusing, but there’s no malicious intent imo. 😉 I wouldn’t let it bother you though – it might encourage him! 😉

• 91 Uncertain Toon // May 29, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Who let Olivier Kemen go?
    He’s started for France u21’s in Toulon tournament final.
    Can’t help but think we’ve missed a trick there!

• 92 Uncertain Toon // May 29, 2016 at 5:57 PM

England u21’s 1 up

• 93 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Uncertain toon, should we boo every time the mackem touches the ball? 😉 No, because he’s playing for england, not sunlun. How they can’t get that simple enough idea says more about them than we ever could. 😉

• 94 Uncertain Toon // May 29, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Which one is the mackem? Right, I’m turning it off!!!
    Seriously though, I totally misses Kemen going to Lyon!
    He’s the France U21 captain to boot, at 19!
    Just don’t get the toon youth policy

• 95 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 6:29 PM

Half time cruise for england. Now sit back and punish on the break. The future’s looking good on the england front.

• 96 Thump // May 29, 2016 at 6:30 PM

@bobbybee: Bit of a contradiction there mate – a Mackem in the England team?

• 97 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Uncertain toon, no need to worry about that in the near future. Rafa will know every player from the academy upwards by name very quickly. He’s very hands on and less likely to let future talent slip away. 😉

• 98 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM

U21’s remember, not the big boys. 😉 To be honest, he’s had a shocker so far and wouldn’t be surprised to see him subbed second half.

• 99 JAMSHA // May 29, 2016 at 6:40 PM

McCormack should play for us if he wants to play in BPL, Helps Us Get Promoted And Then Help Us top 10 finish

• 100 Uncertain Toon // May 29, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Aye U21’s, they all need to start somewhere, played well all way through tournament up to now.
    Rafa probably knew about Kemen before he got here and like you say, probably why he’s overhauling it.

• 101 Yo-yo // May 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Martoon

BDM is simply an occasional troll with delusions of articulacy and far too much time on his hands.

• 102 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM

They need to sub whatmore. He’s having a mare. It’s hard to suppress a giggle. 😉

• 103 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 7:07 PM

And off he trots. 😉

• 104 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Yo-yo,
    But it’s ok as he has a sense of humour? However disagreeing with a point somebody has made is bickering. Carr toon earlier suggested that Wijnaldum should be given a pay rise to stay. I said I can’t agree with that, bickering??? Some people need to get their priorities right!

• 105 Bobbybee // May 29, 2016 at 7:15 PM

I wondered how long it would be. Not long really? 😉

• 106 Jail for Ashley // May 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM

Bobbybee,
    You’ve pretty much had the blog to yourself all afternoon, is that how you’doing prefer it?

• 107 BandB // May 29, 2016 at 7:19 PM

I do have some frisson of satisfaction with BDM’s choice of targets.
    But I do promise not to abrogate any efforts to fight back with post-ironic attempts at contumelious condescension.

• 108 welshgeordie9 // May 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM

I’m sure BDM is John Tudor, he hasn’t been on here for a long time and he used to talk in riddles.

• 109 jimmysmith // May 29, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Carrick won’t come because of Ashley, but Rafa will. Bit of a disconnect
    there.

Ashley certainly has a problem with how he’s been perceived, and with good reason. He needs to be seen to do the right thing by Rafa, and shouldn’t have needed this bloke Bishop or whoever to come in and tell him that, or anything else.

Gerrard and Alonso are a bit pie in the sky, but Carrick is a fan, isn’t he? It should be an ideal fit for the last couple of years of his career.

• 110 jimmysmith // May 29, 2016 at 7:59 PM

“Manchester United and England star Michael Carrick was a boyhood Newcastle United fan but, like Alan Shearer, turned the Magpies down.”

Lee Ryder Chronic 3 MAR 2015