It’s A Massive Boost For This Local Lad

After Rafa Benitez came in during March and Paul Dummett finally recovered from those hamstring injuries, Paul played really well when he came in for those final six games of the season (3 wins – 3 draws) after the Southampton disaster and the local lad played very well.

It;s probably the best we;ve seen Paul play and we’re sure Rafa Benitez had something to do with that.

Paul+Dummett+Liverpool+v+Newcastle+United+GNDikwsMdEDl

Rafa Benitez talks with Paul Dummett At Anfield

Paul is now with the Welsh squad preparing for the Euro 2106 tournament in France next month and we hope Paul can get a game and push on with his International career.

Paul has some good things to say about Rafa Benitez and then talks about how he’d like to kick-on with his career with Wales.

This is what Paul has said:

“It’s a massive boost for us to have a manager like him to be in charge.”

“The experience he has can only be a massive help for everyone at Newcastle and for me getting better as a player learning from his experience.”

“Relegation was very disappointing but to come away to a different environment with a different group of players (Welsh squad) is a good experience.”

“We’ve got a good squad of players (at Wales) who work hard for each other and you’ve seen that throughout the qualifiers.”

“Two or three years I’ve been involved internationally but never really kicked on.”

“I’ve had so many injuries with the club, but now I’ve been fit for a while and hopefully I can stay injury-free and be involved in the competition.”

“The manager has probably been watching throughout the season every player in the squad – and will have an idea.”

“It’s something a lot of players don’t have the opportunity of doing. I’m focused on getting picked for this squad.”

One thing that has held Paul back over the last couple of years as he mentioned are his injuries – and that’s another area for Rafa to try to fix at Newcastle.

We have far too many injuries each season and it’s probably got to do with the procedures used in training and processes used by the medical department to deal with injuries – it’s an area Rafa will look at very closely in pre-season.

And because we have had small squads in the past, Newcastle probably rushed players back and that will have to stop.

If we can keep Paul Dummett fit and with Rafa’s coaching, we may have a top player on our hands.

Hope so.

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Dummett has the potential to become a regular for us over the next few years. His distribution needs to improve but defensively he has handled some of the best wingers in his stride. Deceptively fast as well. His shortcomings can be coached and he won’t get a better teacher than Rafa. I prefer him as a CB if i’m honest, but he’s improved enough at LB to make him worth persevering with. .

May 29, 2016 at 1:12 PM

When I talk about bringing in loan players it’s because I am assuming we can’t persuade a top player to come this season, however if we could bring in a top LB I would, if not a loanee who is better than Dummet. He is the ideal defender to have on the bench. Is Curtis Good ever going to heal?

• expatmag

May 29, 2016 at 1:13 PM

I doubt Gerrard or Alonso would come but I can see Michael Carrick coming in as csptsin

May 29, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Could Gerrard get in the Chelsea team?

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Expat, Carrick has never had a good word to say about Newcastle and repeatedly said he would never play for us. I would begrudge giving him a nice little earner now his time has petered out at Manure. If he came here it would be entirely for the money and nothing else – and we’ve already got enough of those, thank you.

• swemag

May 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Saw Gerrard play last night here in Montreal. Still a very good player and very comfortable on the ball. Sure it is a bit slower over here but quality doesn’t just disappear.

May 29, 2016 at 1:24 PM

expat,
    Nice thought but he’ll realise he’s got another shot at a league title under Mourinho and possibly one last blast at the CL. He’s 33 now so it might depend on what Mourinho has planned for him. Jeezus, he’s won more than Rafa, I wouldn’t fancy cleaning the pair of thems trophy cabinets.

• swemag

May 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Agree on Carrick. He had many chances to come.
    Not now Mike, we’re busy.

May 29, 2016 at 1:27 PM

I think Carrick digs have been more aimed at our miserly billionaire rather than at the club.

• Average_Contents

May 29, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Correction. Carrick never had a good word to say about Mike Ashley.

I’ll never play for them while he’s there. Or something along those lines.

May 29, 2016 at 1:31 PM

Does anyone think Shearer would have come with Mike Ashley in charge ?

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 1:35 PM

In case you hadn’t noticed, Ashley is still here. Therefore that surely makes the Carrick discussion irrelevant?

• Average_Contents

May 29, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Jfa beat me to it.

How very dare he think like a fan and understand what is/was wrong at the club.

Gerrard? In my fcuking dreams. Still class.

I don’t think he got on brilliantly with rafa whilst at Liverpool. That’s what I heard from the father in laws brother (ex reserve manager at Liverpool) so wishful thinking but yeah. All day long for me.

• BeeGuy

May 29, 2016 at 1:39 PM

You will know Dummitt has arrived when his teammates pass the ball to him when on attack.

• Average_Contents

May 29, 2016 at 1:42 PM

If it makes it irrelevant then why did you respond to expats comment regarding Carrick.

Oh yeah, because you said he has digs at the club but then two posters say it was at Mike Ashley and all of a sudden it’s not worth discussing.

Funny that like.

May 29, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Now we’ve got a top manager and seem to be on the verge of being run like a football club again, I hadn’t noticed Ashley was still here to be honest!

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Well, we’ll see i suppose. Personally I think Rafa intends to take us forward and is thinking of the future, not has beens. Carrick won’t come – unless he’s as fickle as those who said they’d never come back whilst Ashley was there, but are now queing up for ST’s – and Gerrard struggled in his last season in the PL. Let’s leave it to Rafa’s judgement. He’ll do what he thinks is best.

• Bambams

May 29, 2016 at 1:51 PM

I am happy with our back four that finished the season – as long as we keep them.

We need more pace up front, neither Mitro, Perez, Riviere or Cisse are quick enough.

You just need to look at Vardy at Leicester.

Could Arma be that player ?

If we keep the back four with Krul (my choice of keeper)

Townsend on one wing, similar on opposite wing …..

Colback ? Tiote ? Shelvey ? SDJ ? Perez ? ….. A new leader/capt in the middle

Mitro with a fast partner…but who ?

• Bambams

May 29, 2016 at 1:53 PM

I wonder what SDJ would be like in the championship. …

I am almost becoming obsessed with wanting to see this bloke get a run

• headtheball

May 29, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Breaking news……
    Family Court Ruling from Sunderland.
    A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.
    The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.
    The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
    After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
    After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to Sunderland AFC whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

HWTF

May 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Bobby,
    You keep bringing that up, but I said I would not go back unless there was radical change. There has been. What is fickle about that.

May 29, 2016 at 1:56 PM

And as for Rafa’s judgement, does that mean we are not allowed to discuss what we’d like to see done then?

• Tsunki

May 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Jail @ 16 – it would appear then that Mr Bishop is indeed worth his corn. When he persuades everyone that Mike Ashley has finally become our saviour and the Toast of Tyneside, I think he’ll be in for a very nice bonus.

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Oh, sorry. Do i need your permission to post on here? My mistake. I was pointing out why I don’t want him, which frankly, has nowt to do with you. I nearly came on earlier, but noticed the usual suspects were rowing again. No matter who it is, Jib, me, welshie etc, the only constant in any row on here is the usual suspects. Always involved. Most people come on here to disuss football, you lot come on to pick fights behind a friggin keyboard. I think the majority are getting sick of it.

May 29, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Bobby.
    If you care to read through the days post, the topic has been very football related from first thing this morning barring that idiot BDM, you made a comment about Micheal Carrick slagging the club and when it’s challenged you go in to apoplectic mode. Chill out ffs! And who’s been arguing with who u tiles you turned up.

• headtheball

May 29, 2016 at 2:04 PM

No point trying to be funny. I think another couple of months away from here restores my faith in humanity.
    Enjoy the bickering.

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM

For one, what makes you think i was talking about you? If the cap fits I suppose. Ok then, which of those statements are true? Did you only go back because Ashley invested money? Or, as you claimed on or about the 17th, you had been going to about ten games a season under Ashley’s regime? Both can’t possibly be true. You lie so often, you forget which lie you told on which day. If you had been going to ten games a season under ashley – your claim, not mine – then not only are you a liar, but the biggest hypoctite imaginable. You decide.

May 29, 2016 at 2:07 PM

And you want to take a look at yourself, you were rowing with posada and Andrew 84 who don’t post much, but as soon as they get in to a row with you they are usually suspects or part of a borg???

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 2:08 PM

I’ve read the posts! Who’s been bickering all morning? You, you bloody idiot. I’m out of here, leaving he liars and hypocrites to it. I came on to talk football. Your problem is, if i don’t agree with you, you think I’m looking for an argument. It still stands, Carrick doesn’t want to come here and never has. Get ovr it.

• Tsunki

May 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Bobby @17 – are you coming down off the painkillers again you seem to be gettting testy. 🙂

Who actually said they’d never go back while Ashley was there? I thought it was Kevin Keegan ha ha.

And who’s queuing up for ST’s? Is there a report of a run on them? Well maybe they are, but perhaps a ten percent price drop oils those wheels as well as Rafa being there. Don’t forget, it’s entirely within the realms of possibility Rafa may have to endure an injury crisis, still have want away players, and even a bad run against better opposition than expected. I think the 10% incentive might be insurance to get tickets sold and gates kept up in case the ahem er well unthinkable starts to happen.

I think it’s a bit disrespectful as a “proper” fan to put forward the idea that it’s the plastic fans who will return – maybe it will be those who finally can afford it, and those who are prepared to give generous benefit of the doubt to this club that has failed them so miserably right up to now. Let’s just be real here. We are just relegated. Nothing great has actually happened yet.

May 29, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Bobby,
    I didn’t say you were talking about me, you said people were arguing, which they weren’t.
    I don’t tell lies, unlike you telling anyone who’ll listen that people tried to take the mick out of your disability. Thats pretty low!

• Tsunki

May 29, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Headtheball – I appreciated it mate. Keep it up, there’s room for levity even in the heat of a keyboard war 😀

• Average_Contents

May 29, 2016 at 2:11 PM

I never said you needed permission did I?

You go back and find it and I’ll wait fornever.

If you don’t like it having anything to do with me or anyone at all for that matter then why post it on the internet. On a blog that is for discussion.

Wow.

You can question ANYTHING or ANYONE but when someone questions you or says anything you disagree with, you resort to snide remarks and old arguments.

Why the massive chip on your shoulder.

Your bitter and twisted with a superiority complex.

Yes I’m sure that’s why the blogs slowly dying. Nothing to do at all with the wums and trolls you mentioned. Funnily enough they seem to be attracted to you.

Perhaps their the flies and your the….

May 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM

If I’ve been going to about ten games a season I’m a liar?

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Still waiting for an answer jail. One is definitely a lie, because both cannot be true. So, which is it? Or most likely both. You need a good memory to be an accomplished liar.
    “I only went back because he invested”, or, “for your information, i’ve attended at least ten games a season under Ashley’s regime.” Support the boycott like i do! Ha ha ha ha. Hypocrite.

• Tsunki

May 29, 2016 at 2:16 PM

On topic – Dummet to my mind is and always will be a basic, dependable lb. As soon as he thinks of trying to initiate an attack from deep he is out of his zone in every sense. That’s why he’s so good at CB. No need for him to move out of his assigned area. At least he’s not as stupid as colback who must have cost us points from his pathetic and pointless shirt tugging around the box.

May 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Bobbybee,
    I’ve attended games all my life, since settling back in the UK in 2009 I’ve managed to get to about ten games a season, I stopped going two seasons ago as I had enough. I said I wouldn’t return unless there was radical change and investement. After January I felt that 80M was investement and I gave a bit back. Now I believe there has been a major change and I will put my money back in to the club.

• Average_Contents

May 29, 2016 at 2:20 PM

As for the bickering all morning. What the actual fcuk are you on about?

Nothing started until YOU took exception to being questioned you ball and bat.

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 2:23 PM

Jail, of course it does. Either the only reason you’re going back now is because Ashley has invested OR all the time you’ve been giving it large about Ashley, you’ve been going, whilst encouraging others to boycott. Even somebody with your limited intelligence should be able to see both can’t be right. Anyway, I’ve got better things to do and didn’t come on here to argue with the likes of you. No doubt you’ll find somebody else to argue with whilst i’m gone. 😉 same old same old.

• Bobbybee

May 29, 2016 at 2:26 PM

Change the goalposts all you like. Everybody should boycott (except me, of course. Divvie. Later chaps. 😉