The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Make Official Annuncement

6:44 pm, Wednesday, June 1st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 34 Comments

It was reported in Italy yesterday and Newcastle have tonight confirmed that first team coach Fabio Pecchia will be leaving the club to become manager of Verona.

fabio pecchia

Fabio Pecchia – will leave Newcastle

Here is the announcement from Newcastle:

“Newcastle United have this evening confirmed that first team coach Fabio Pecchia will be leaving the Club to become manager at Italian club Verona.”

“The Club would like to thank Fabio for his services to Newcastle United during his time with the Magpies, and recognizes that this is a fantastic opportunity for him to further his career.”

“Good progress is being made with regard to replacing Pecchia, and a further announcement will be made in the coming days.”

It’s good to hear Rafa is making good progress in replacing the 42 year-old Italian, who is highly thought of as a coach in Italy – but we wonder who it will be.

Any ideas?

When Rafa talked about Fabio back in mid-March when he first arrived on Tyneside, he said the Italian was destined to become a top manager in the game.

It’s a great opportunity for him and we wish him all the very best.

Tags: Coaching · Fitness · Management · Newcastle News · Other News

34 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ron Knee // Jun 1, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Garry Monk to Leeds, apparently.

• 2 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Ed…I thought the American thing was to drop the u, not the o?

See you later Fabio!

• 3 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:01 PM

Re. Previous thread, wouldn’t it be ironic if Bournemouth were the big bidders for Perez.

• 4 Ron Knee // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:02 PM

So nobody gives two f@@ks about Garry Monk. Fair enough.

• 5 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Ron…Surely the bigger managerial question at Leeds is not who, but for how long? Read something on Sky Sports earlier that said Cellino has had 40+ managers in just over 20 years of owning football clubs. Around 6 months a shot.

Surprised anyone would seriously entertain the job. Would have thought Monk could do better.

To be clear, not a dig at Leeds, but their owner.

• 6 Tsunki // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Annunciation? Are they doing religious festivals at Saint James?

• 7 Ron Knee // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Yes, he was the rising star at Swansea until the wheel fell off. I’m not sure what happened there.

• 8 Tsunki // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Ibiza no its OK to have a dig at Leeds. Awful fans from a Toon perspective. I ‘enjoyed’ the company of some of them on relegation day against villa. Horrible bunch.

• 9 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Ron…Tbh, I don’t follow Swansea, so have no idea what went down. I seem to recall we have someone on here who should know a thing or two about them though. Probably no more than a thing or two though.

tsunki…Can’t say I’ve really ever encountered many Leeds fans, so can’t comment.

• 10 Ron Knee // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Now who could that possibly be?!

• 11 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:19 PM

No wonder Fabio’s gone. The threads been up for half an hour and only I’ve mentioned the bloke.

Caption for the photo: “It’s always about Rafa, where’s my song?”

Poor Fab.

• 12 Belfast // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:20 PM

I know a bit about Swans.

• 13 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Ron…I think we’ve said too much already.

You all know the protocol. You have 30 seconds to vacate before this blog explodes.

This isn’t a Twitter explosion people. You’ve been warned.

• 14 welshgeordie9 // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Perhaps Benitez will get mcclaren or Pardew in as his assistant.

• 15 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Belfast…I don’t even believe that you “know a bit” about anything mate.

• 16 Tsunki // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:22 PM

That’ll be the bit that Belfast knows. 🙂

• 17 Tsunki // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Ha ha ooh that’s mean.

• 18 Belfast // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:26 PM

White with yellow noses, they like bread and swimming.

• 19 Ron Knee // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Encyclopedic knowledge!

• 20 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Yeah. I was going to go with “Let me guess, they’re white?”. Still, I’m happy with my choice of post. I can stand by that statement.

I hate swans. Must be like Leeds fans. Horrible bunch.

• 21 Belfast // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Oh and flying but that’s it.

• 22 welshgeordie9 // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Horrible bunch my arse, shows what you know.

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Ron Knee,
    He reminded me of Sherwood a lot in their rise and abrupt fall, I think Sherwood chose the wrong club as did Remind Garde mind. Lerner had thrown the towel and the players followed suit.

• 24 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Actually, I do believe I read recently that we’re now not supposed to feed them bread.

Not that this is the place for such discussions of course. Nor do I care really. Nor are there many swans in Ibiza.

Hmmm, this post I’m less thrilled to stand by.

• 25 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Welsh…Was Tsunki wrong about Leeds fans?

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:34 PM

Why do you do it, do you honestly believe Pardew should be Benitez’s assistant?

• 27 Bobbybee // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Ibiza, you forgot about the black swans, with red beaks and eyes. Eerie looking, but still nice. 😉

• 28 Tsunki // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:37 PM

No welshie is just saying his ar**e is a horrible bunch.

Come to think, swans and Leeds fans use the same strip colours.

• 29 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Bobby…Honestly, it’s those very swans that stopped me posting that in the first place. I knew someone would correct me 🙂 I thought about using “mostly”, but then, I’d had to have checked that was factually correct and really, I’m not much of a swan enthusiast.

Lovely to look at. They’re still a horrible bunch.

• 30 welshgeordie9 // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:38 PM

I know a lot of Leeds fans, very friendly so i don’t know where you got them and Swans are a horrible bunch.

• 31 Tsunki // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Welsh have you ever tried shutting up? it’s good. Not necessarily for you of course.

I stand by my appraisal of the Leeds fans who were present on that day.

• 32 Ibizatoon // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:41 PM

I see the problem here.

Welsh… I was talking about swans, not Swansea fans.

• 33 Tsunki // Jun 1, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Ha ha ha classic Welsh. Try reading the posts first…

• 34 dannyodyssey // Jun 1, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Newcastle should appoint ALAN SHEARER as an Assistant to Rafa.

previous post: Newcastle’s Young Star In Big Demand