The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

There’s Big Interest In This Newcastle Striker

2:18 pm, Sunday, June 5th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 123 Comments

The Sun is reporting today that Chinese club Guangzhou R&F are very interested in signing Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse in the summer transfer window.

While Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez may want to keep some of his top stars at the club this summer – like Moussa Sissoko, Gini Wijnaldum and Andros Townsend – he would be willing to listen to offers for the 30 year-old.

Papiss is coming off a fairly poor season that was adversely affected by injury and he scored only 3 goals in 21 total appearances  last season.

papiss cisse aston villa

Papiss Cisse in action against Aston Villa last season

Newcastle would want around £5M for Papiss and a deal looks likely since Newcastle will be bringing in at least one new striker this summer.

19 year-old England U19 International Adam Armstrong is also returning from a successful loan spell at Coventry last season.

Adam is an up-and-coming young star and the home town lad scored 20 goals in 40 appearances for Coventry last season.

The 30 year-old Senegal striker has one year left on his contract and it could be a good time for Papiss to leave Newcastle, after signing on for us back in January of 2012 for around£10M from Bundesliga club SC Freiburg.

We would expect a number of Chinese clubs to be interested in taking Cisse during the summer and in Cheick Tiote too, although Rafa may want to keep the Ivory Cost central midfielder at Newcastle.

The 35 times capped Senegal striker (16 goals) has played a total of 131 games for Newcastle since then with 44 goals and 10 assists.

Tags: Contracts · Newcastle News · Papiss Cisse · Transfer News and Rumours

123 responses so far ↓

• 1 Munster Mag // Jun 5, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Rafa i’m gonna be blue in the face….sell them. U will not be able to motivate them regularly enough for this league….

• 2 Charlietoon // Jun 5, 2016 at 2:54 PM

In another season he will have the same record as Shola. Lets get him out.

• 3 NoahJ // Jun 5, 2016 at 3:02 PM

chronically offside, movement is poor and haven’t been impressed with him at all since 2013/14. It’s time to move on, get him off the wages, and re-invent this club (same goes for coloccini)

• 4 OneAlanShearer // Jun 5, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Yep I am hoping Rafa does what Watford did and reinvent themselves. We need pace and passion with leaders in this side. There’s a good starting nucleus to build on.

• 5 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 3:39 PM

Seems a bit of confusion about these release clauses. As previously stated if the offering club matches the amount then they are entitled to talk to the player. (who can say yes or no).
    ALSO – the “selling” club” now has to accept the offer. If the player wants to go – that’s it he’s gone.

you can also have in these contracts a release if lets say any of the named top six clubs make an enquiry and offer the pre- determined amount.
    In all of these scenarios if the player does not want to leave – that’s it – end of any transfer.

• 6 Ibizatoon // Jun 5, 2016 at 4:15 PM

Afternoon everyone.

Just checking on SS and was looking at the Sweden vs Wales line ups. They have Dummett on the bench. Wasn’t he omitted from the squad? Do they stay for the rest of the friendlies or something?

• 7 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 4:22 PM

Quiet Sunday on the blog today – everybody must be still at church.

(stripping the lead from the roof, nicking the contents of the offertory box, mugging the vicar).

• 8 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 4:27 PM

Tuff
    It’s the bidding club not the offering club!

• 9 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 4:34 PM

bidding/offering …………….semantics.
    I’m sure folk knew what I meant.

• 10 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 4:42 PM

It’s hardly semantics, it’s Contract law. Try telling that to Sotheby’s.

• 11 SPRINGY // Jun 5, 2016 at 4:42 PM

afternoon all
    cisse can go for me….be best for everyone…new start for him and a fresh start for us,i would keep tiote if he can remain fit he would be a huge player for us,unless we can replace him with better,which im not sure we could do in the championship.

• 12 Ron Knee // Jun 5, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Ibiza

Emyr Huws, who just came on, wasn’t selected for the Euros.

• 13 Offkey // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Thanks Carl, I didn’t know it was only possible to offer for sale rather than offering to buy. Contract law masterclass

• 14 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:08 PM

As Vito Corleone would have said. ” It’s not personal, it’s just business.”

• 15 Offkey // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Sotheby’s say you talk rubbish

• 16 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:30 PM

The language in contract law has to be precise not ambiguous.
    I’ve noticed , how you always seem to pop up when Tuff is doing a educate the blog session but ends up drowning!
    Is it just happenstance, a coincidence or maybe for some other reason. I’ve just looked back on your postings …..
    Must just be a …………

• 17 Ron Knee // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:30 PM

“Sports Direct boss Mike Ashley says he will now go before MPs to defend the firm’s “good name”.

Mr Ashley has agreed to appear before the business, innovation and skills select committee to answer questions over working conditions at the company on Tuesday.

He has been refusing to appear before the committee since March.”

• 18 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:37 PM

From previous thread and so as not to incur the wrath of wor Bobby,
    I was obviously referring to Townsend and not Armstrong.

I would be surprised if Rafa doesn’t manage to convince him to stay as I think he has him earmarked as one of our main attacking options.

As long as Rotonda doesn’t start to endorse him too forcefully then he should have a great future with us.

• 19 Offkey // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:41 PM

Carl – firstly, I was not aware tuff was drafting a contract that required such unambiguous language. I need to pay more attention!

Secondly, it is you that brings me to the blog, you know……..it’s not personal, just business.

• 20 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:42 PM

carl (little c)/Ian – you were slagging me off last week about posting some legal items about Adam Johnson.
    Now you want to cause a row about contract law – really if you want to further a legal discussion I’ll be up for it and confidently will state before you even start that I’ll give you fat buttocks a good thwacking with my jacksie twanging cane. The thrashing will be so overwhelming you’ll run home to mama asking her to apply some proprietary anti-swelling cream to your hint end.
    Let battle commence.

• 21 Shadow_Shearer // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:43 PM

I doubt it anybody will buy cisse. If he does go then great, cause he’s hogging up 40 grand a week wages. Any money we get for him will be recuperated for a new striker. But with 1 year left on his contract, & on very poor form, won’t be alot of money.

• 22 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Didn’t realise Sotherbys dealt with football players contracts. New one on me.

• 23 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Scene at Sotherby’s.
    “Lot 12 is a Premier League Footballer – out of contract. We’ll start the bidding at £5 million.
    Whose going to start us off”

• 24 Graeme // Jun 5, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Nice one Mr Tuff lol
    Can I bid £50?

• 25 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Tuff- You lose the argument so you revert to your comfort zone . I doubt you can teach me anything about contract law and I feel secure enough not to participate in your puerile games. The blog will be the judge of your expertise. Increasingly the majority seem to be humouring you- next laughing but not with you!
    What a cantankerous individual.

• 26 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Tuff………Maybe carl has masochistic tendencies and is deliberately trying to provoke a thrashing.

• 27 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:10 PM

betty
    I must have trying to educate him. The problem is he sees his blog credibility constantly diminishing.

• 28 Rotonda heights // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:10 PM

poor betty still hung up on me when I’m not even around. Betty love, there’s no shame in admitting you made a mistake. Jeez you’ve had enough practice to peddle a little humility for a change.

• 29 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Rotonda
    In your opinion Will/ would Koeman be an upgrade on Martinez?

• 30 Bobbybee // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Betty, or more likely he’s just trying to start another multiples row! 😉 How are ya marra? I knew you meant Townsend anyway. 😉 Who would be so silly to accept 13m for an up abd coming legend? 😉 Tuff is actually correct insomuch that offering the money only entitles the club to talk to the player, it doesn’t guarantee a sale. Andros must realise he would likely be in another relegation scrap at Palace and he’s better off with a proper gaffer.

• 31 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:20 PM

carl,
    Offering party is a perfectly acceptable term in contract law for a party that bids or makes an offer – the offeror is another term.

• 32 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:21 PM

Rotonda….. I did admit my mistake unlike you the other day when you spelt innate with only one n. Maybe you just assumed it would be dismissed and forgotten but coming from someone like you who advocates correct spelling, I’m afraid it can’t be dismissed that easily.

As Mr. Tuff is on the premises with his cane perhaps a few strokes on your stubborn behind wouldn’t go amiss

• 33 JP...from The Rock // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:26 PM

This talk of Townsend leving makes me nervous. I hope he stays and does not fpgive into the temptation of more money and Prem Football. An anxious 3 months awaits now. It was probably him that demanded the clause to be included in his contract when he signed for us.

• 34 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:26 PM

Bobby…. I’m areet son. Hoping we do get to keep Townsend. He was class when he was on loan at QPR. Just what we need to terrorise them Championship defences.

• 35 Bobbybee // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:30 PM

I find it difficult to fathom why anybody would actually pay that much for cisse, so in the circumstances i would readily snatch their hand off. Do we need him? No. Can we live without him? Yes. Done deal for me.

• 36 GeordieTwo // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Mike Ashley will appear before the committee. Oh, wait Mike Ashley won’t appear before the committee. No, he will. And he’s been “open and honest at every stage of this process”. Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Yes that’s definitely Mike all right. Open and honest Mike. That’s what they call him…..

• 37 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:37 PM

carl – the more you write only confirms that you are Ian Toon. After reading your offerings for several years it is quite clear that the style of writing, the same message, the same “friends”, the same enemies, words you frequently use.
    Can lead me to have no doubts both parties share the same author.
    Stop hiding behind another name -post as an individual solely – and stop your blog mischief.

Clear to everyone today you were after a ruck – when I threw the gauntlet down – you were not up for the debate and a good thrashing – typical wimp.
    You need to be a bwave warrior.

• 38 Bobbybee // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:37 PM

I think the applause he got when he/we thought he was coming off against Spurs might help our cause Betty. He knows he’s wanted up here more than he would be anywhere else, so let’s hope he can live with a season in the Championship, knowing he would get a return to the PL next time around. I think Rafa will be pushing the ‘one season’ point strongly to those he wants to stay.

• 39 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:52 PM

Lilo – correct – offer, offeror, offeree are all terms used in civil law.

• 40 Bobbybee // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Oh look! Multiples. Give it up. Nobody on here is who they claim to be, unless you are actually called Mr Tuff in real life? Does it matter if somebody gets sick of abuse from the usual suspects to the extent that he changes his moniker? If he even has. Or is it that you can’t believe more than one person dislikes you that you, therefore they must be the same person? This multiples crap is really really boring. As long as they talk football, does it matter who they post as? Not that they ever get chance to talk football before being attacked. Just talk football and if you truly dislike each other, ignore each other. I’m sure i’m not the only one who finds this nonsense boring.

• 41 AncientC // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:58 PM

The club cannot hold out for more money if Townend does in fact have a set release clause.

If a club meets a players release clause amount, (or terms like Ba to a Champions League club) then the player is free to talk to the interested club – at this point if the player agrees terms with the interested club he is free to leave.

I found the Suarez situation quite odd, after Arsenal had in fact bid his release clause, but I can only assume Liverpool persuaded to Suarez to stay with a new contract. Suarez would have been free to talk to Arsenal, I would be interested to know why that didn’t happen myself.

I recall the Liverpool tweet, something alone the lines of “what are they smoking over there at Arsenal”, in reference to Arsenal’s very legitimate bid; it would appear Liverpool were bluffing to stall Suarez long enough to get him to stay on.

• 42 loonie-toon // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Anyone watching soccer aid

• 43 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:58 PM

I remember my brother’s football cards in the early 70’s.
    Some big names….international footballers….were playing in the old second division.
    They went down with their teams.
    They thought this was fair and natural. If they weren’t good enough to keep their team in the top flight, they couldn’t and didn’t claim to be top flight footballers.
    If you don’t do what it says on the tin, how can you still claim to be an elite footballer.
    The shamelessness of players these days is a disgrace.

• 44 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Bobby…… I think there is mutual respect there and it would be refreshing to see someone stay at a club for footballing reasons. They could always adjust his contract accordingly.

I also think he has a point to prove to Rotonda who offended him deeply by suggesting he was a headless chicken.

• 45 Back Door Man // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:00 PM

carl – it was Michael in 2, not Vito in 1.

Oh, and the magnificent and glorious Mr Tuff is NEVER wrong.  So prepare for a very sore bottom!

• 46 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:02 PM

@40

I suspect you’d be less relaxed if it was me posting under half a dozen different names and using them all to have a cut at you though, Bobs.

• 47 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Speaking of multiples Rob/ YMFB hasn’t been on for a while. I hope he’s ok.

• 48 Bobbybee // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:09 PM

BandB, what’s the difference? How do I know you, jail, tuff and ac etc aren’t the same person? I don’t, and neither do i care, so your point isn’t really valid. All the attacking i see is only ever coming from the same side. This isn’t a popularity contest ffs, it’s a football blog. So, it’s ok for the usual suspects to attack someone, regardless of the subject, just to protect one another, is that what you’re saying? Make up as many monikers as you like, it won’t bother me.

• 49 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:11 PM

Are you suggesting, Bobs, that you are the kind of easy-going guy who doesn’t take the bait at the merest hint of dissent, real or imagined?
    We know why you don’t mind it. It’s because he hates all the people you hate.
    Hypocrite.

• 50 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:19 PM

Tuff
    As I have said repeatedly and published the link I first posted 7 years ago and art a time when Ed chatted as well. The problem I have is getting past you and your crew who want to talk about anything but football. I am not going to mention the party you wrongly suggest I am because that would only encourage your ongoing abuse. I have read the blog for years and could well have acquired terminology used by many over your embittered and mean spirited behaviour. You’re a cantankerous old man .
    Back Door
    There is only one godfather. Tuff is never wrong.

BandB
    You can think what you want. It would be helpful if I could just post without a few embittered types sidetracking me. As far as your comments see above. Bobby is an NUFC fanatic and never short of passion.

Bobby
    Shame you weren’t on earlier because it would have been football chat.

• 51 Bobbybee // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Listen to yourself bandb. So maybe I’m a multiple then? The other day you had a go at , i think, toon87? Anyway, you were giving it large saying ‘somebody tell him he doesn’t want to mess with me, he wouldn’t like it if i started’. HA! Reminded me of the local nobhead who thinks he’s the local hardcase, saying ‘do you know who i am?’ Grow up ffs. Maybe i don’t like who the so called multiples don’t like for a reason? People don’t like me, i don’t spit my dummy out, because i DON’T CARE. Not everybody in this world likes you, regardless of who you are. It’s life. Get over it. Now if we ain’t going to talk football, then just ignore me and i’ll do likewise.

• 52 carl // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Bobby
    If you look at the common pairings and timings on the blog of a number then clearly there is communication off the blog. It seems clear to me that whether consciously or otherwise a strategy is devised to sidetrack certain individuals. Just compare the level of your football content with some others.
    I have read the blog far more than posting and you get a sense of dirty tricks. If I can put it like that.
    Sorry I promise to chat football next time.

• 53 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Ian,

You almost never talk about football, apart from to make your risible point that you blog to talk football.
    How long have you been going Ian?
    All those years and all of those imaginary friends, and you are still a completely no-mark poster.
    The thing that saddens me is that while most people are trying to find common ground these days, you keep trying to open up old wounds and settle old scores.
    Small children have imaginary friends, Ian.
    They all grow up and learn how to make real ones.
    All except you.

• 54 Bobbybee // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Carl, i’m out of here, the blog has returned to the norm and i can’t be arsed with it. You’re right, one starts, they all suddenly turn up. Hopefully Ed will realise why so many people aren’t blogging and sort it out. Nobody owns the blog except Ed and they’d be wise to remember it. I’ll be back on when the kiddies have gone to bed, so maybe people wanting to talk football can catch me up then. I used to enjoy this, but it-s becoming a chore now. Later all.

• 55 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Passive-aggressive cry babies.

• 56 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:42 PM

And you’ll notice that no-one has jumped in “on my side” with a “well said.”
    They never do.
    I’ll be allowed to kill the blog by my own self.
    There’s no support network among neggers 🙂

• 57 Yo-yo // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Is it worth a buying club say to a player here is a massive signing on fee ( Pssst …. as your buyout value is so low, like £4m less than you signed for a very few weeks ago) ?

The allleged reluctance of a player to move can always be given an extra incentive.

• 58 Yo-yo // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:44 PM

BandB

Well said. I bet Carl and Ian share a lot of DNA, a lot more than strangers would.

• 59 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Aaaarrrghhh! I can’t stand Robbie Williams. What a knobber!

• 60 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:49 PM

“All the attacking coming from the same side”
    Quite clear who started the ruck today – and it was not me. Quite clear from the chronology of the posts.

Seems despite the “evidence” others do not want to view things as they actually happened.
    Folk are entitled not to be bothered by multiples equally folk if they want to are entitled to be annoyed about them or comment about them. It is a free world. Seems that “others” want to prescribe what we think or do and are not prepared to extend their “entitlements” to others.

• 61 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:55 PM

At the risk of opening myself up to two hours of blog blanking, thank you Yo-Yo.

• 62 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Looks like a spiky convo going on. I like BandB’s line about people trying to find common ground these days but is there a contradiction in that? I don’t know. I’ve been drinking Owd Rodger Real Ale (7.4%) and champagne. Big mistake for someone who rarely drinks. Poor old Blackas can’t even focus properly to read the full SP. A bit of sunshine, a BBQ, and it’s all down hill. OMG! When did I turn into a lightweight?

• 63 clinath@ed // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Just read my way down the blog to get up to speed, as you do, great up till about 6:30…..then all hell broke loose, talk about escalating quickly, FFS…
    Hope everyone involved is pleased with themselves. I’ll watch soccer aid instead.

• 64 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:13 PM

How bad has Robbie Fowler been so far? You might get fat but do you lose your brain?

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:15 PM

I wish I could come on here just to talk football answer slate Mike Ashley without having to point out the deliberate shyte stirring of Ian Toon, Jack Root, carl, John Irving and Sack Llambias. Oh and btw the blogs a much nicer place when everyone agrees with Bobbybee.
    Well said BandB about the blind eye.

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:16 PM

*and

• 67 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Blackley

As you said about Jib recently, he dishes it out and he takes it.
    He doesn’t complain. He bounces back.
    We are pretty much all in the same boat. Mike Ashley is in it too. He has no choice but to row with us now.
    The old rows have no currency. The next cut will come when we discover whether he shares Rafa’s dream of our club as a powerful European force. It can all wait all until then.
    For now we are a newly relegated club. Relegated unnecessarily in my view, and in yours. This is a Dunkirk that failed.
    But if you cannot support, why bother?. I think we agree on that.
    I support in the way I think most progressive, and I know you do too.
    If last summer wasn’t the time for “all Hail Ashley” then now cannot possibly be.
    You know this as well as I know you know.
    I always read what you write.
    I don’t demand to like it.

• 68 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:20 PM

And clinath….
    You need to park the sanctimony.

• 69 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:20 PM

Ollie Murs looks more dangerous than either Mitro or Perez.

For anyone concerned, Old Blackas is feeling a bit better. I blame the alcohol but I don’t think the cheesecake with added squirty cream or the raspberry doughnuts helped.

• 70 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:20 PM

You are not helping.

• 71 Jail for Ashley // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:21 PM

clinathead,
    Instead of tarring everyone with the same brush why not go back to where it started, how it started and how the individual that started knew exactly what would happen.

• 72 Jib // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Looks like Big Mike’s arse has gone

• 73 welshgeordie9 // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Anyone watching the World Cup Darts on sky sports.

Final tonigh is going to England Vs Holland

Phil the power Taylor Vs Van Barneveld
    Adrian the jackpot Lewis Van Gerwen

It’s going to be a cracker, hopefully like the football on itv.

• 74 welshgeordie9 // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:29 PM

Jamie vardy would be an absolute muppet if he went to Arsenal, with players like giroud, welbeck, plus you have got Sanchez and Walcott who can play up there he will only be on the bench.

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Jib,
    There will be an unexplainable explosion in the building while he’s delayed in traffic due to a SD article lorry being overturned on the M1 !

• 76 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Welsh
    It seems to me Jamie Vardy has had to do it all the hard way and has risen to every challenge. Why shouldn’t he be the main striker at Arsenal? Good luck to him.

• 77 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:44 PM

As I’ve stated before I believe in blog and let blog. Other than Jib who should seek permission before posting, as in, “Permission to blog please”

• 78 Jib // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Jail
    I think not
    His ( perhaps cynical ) offer to rescue BHS without thought of fiscal gain but to save jobs has regained him some respect in the city.
    The doubters will say it was Bishop driven but it did have the feel of a genuine solicitous moment .

• 79 Average_Contents // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Only commenting because I got mentioned.

We’re all aware who started the current bullshit. Look at the order of the posts and you’d see. Unless of course you’ve got an axe to grind against another poster and just blame them.

I can categorically state, I’ve never met anyone off this blog, nor do I receive communication asking to ‘back me up’ or ‘come help”

What a load of conjured up shite.

Blackley

I don’t believe you’ve been eating whipped cream out of a can.

Caviar perhaps whilst riding atop your lawn mower whoop whooping.

Has it got autopilot?

• 80 Jib // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:48 PM

whoops
    sorry
    permission to blog please

• 81 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Welsh…….. Ydych yn hoff ddefaid dwp.

• 82 Jib // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Betty

I think you were trying to say

“eich bod yn dwp fel dafad”

Google translate is a bugger when you are a thick twat

• 83 Jail for Ashley // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:58 PM

Jib,
    Ashley is Beelzebub himself. If he offered to buy BHS it was in return for the workers souls and their eternal damnation!

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Jun 5, 2016 at 8:59 PM

You can’t say tw@!

• 85 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Thanks Jib x

• 86 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:01 PM

I think Ashley knows his appearance before Parliament has lost its sting.
    Six months from now, after the Euro vote, he’ll be able to abolish holidays altogether and cut his wages in half and it will be all fine and dandy….. until your own boss does the same.

• 87 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Jib has special permission to use fowl language.

• 88 Jib // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Hey maybe we can persuade Sir Philip Green to buy NUFC !!!!!
    😀

• 89 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:08 PM

It’s that Crassus thing innit Jib?
    One thug burns your house down, the other steps in with an offer on the wreckage.

• 90 Jib // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:11 PM

bettyswallocks

• 91 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:12 PM

BandB
    You mention Ashley and SD after the Euro vote. I can’t believe this Labour Europhile stance that we need the EU to protect wokers’ rights.

This is a democratic country. If we want to protect workers’ rights, we can elect a party to do it. If we choose not to do so, that is democracy in action.

• 92 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Blackley……. It’s a clear case of the proletariat being exploited which is inherent in the system.

• 93 Jib // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:18 PM

Old blackley has never heard of the battle of Carrhae !
    Ha ha ha

• 94 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Hmmmm….

Europe is a capitalist club, or a socialist nightmare isn’t it?
    Depending on how suggestible to the idea we should all hate our neighbour we are.
    None of us little people are going to do anything other than learn how to compete with Malaysia on living on living standards.
    Its the long-sought we answer to how we can can recycle the first industrial revolution and recreate that Dickensian world by going back to the future.

• 95 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:20 PM

I hate hate.

• 96 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:23 PM

Blackley…… Do you have a lighter, summery version of the dreamcoat?

• 97 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:26 PM

Jib…… If a bird ever shits on your head, don’t take her out again.

• 98 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Jib
    ?

• 99 Mister Tuff // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Woah – see the foul abuse/ the gutter level insults have started.
    Not to worry though – the righteous blog observers will be on soon expressing their displeasure in an effort to improve standards on the blog and to totally dispel any suggestion of not being even handed in their blog condemnations of certain parties.
    ……………………………………………………………………………………alright they won’t bother unless it’s their perceived enemies.Hypocrisy at it’s most rampant – although denied by those practicing it.

• 100 Offkey // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:34 PM

@91 democracy in action….aka…..the tyranny of morons and big business……..so much to look forward to……..

• 101 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Betty

No summery version of the dreamcoat. But my general attire is the source of much amusement in a certain barbers in Newcastle, as my kids testify. “What’s your dad wearing this season, lads?” is what they’re asked when they visit. My orange, blue and patterned Superdry shorts are legendary.

• 102 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Blackley…… It’s nice to see you keeping up the theme all year round.

• 103 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:45 PM

Every adult has a vote. We get the government we deserve. We could elect a workers party, Labour, but we choose not to do so. That’s democracy. It appears some people don’t like it.

I don’t know what’s more astonishing. Dyer providing anyone with a goal on a plate or Defoe missing a goal on a plate.

• 104 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 9:49 PM

Much as it was clear that second division football would be the result of free market ideas at Newcastle, so we will become, overnight, a perennial also-ran.
    Those with the sense of entitlement and resources to shift for themselves will bail to protect their private prospects, much as in football.
    And the rest will get what remains.
    How do you convince turkeys to vote for Christmas?
    Tell them the geese will get it first.

• 105 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Betty
    Last year old Blackas was wearing black Addidas bottoms with Jamaican stripes and Nike 95’s, which elicited favourable comments from certain sections of our community. Not getting any feedback this year with the Timberland shoes and Haglofs pants.

• 106 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Sounds like a less uncomfortable topic Blackers.
    Is that the Boris spelling of Adidas?
    You populist, you.

• 107 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:18 PM

Blackas……. Dare I ask from which retailer you purchased your brightly coloured sporting attire?

• 108 jimmysmith // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:18 PM

After his excellent form for us, since arriving from Spurs, Townsend is surely now worth twice his buyout clause, which puts him in a great position to negotiate with other clubs, who will in turn be in a position to give him the difference in increased wages.

Newcastle, having paid twelve, and recently relegated will have less wriggle room. If a like sized club such as Everton comes in, here or on the continent, and there are a few, who can offer him regular football on better terms, I’d say its bye, bye Andros sadly. He’s probably the last player you’d want to lose, yet the most vulnerable to a sale.

• 109 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Betty
    The Jamaican coloured Addidas bottoms were from a shop in Eldon Square, up from Bainbridges on the right as you head in direction of SJP. Footlocker I think.

• 110 Tsunki // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Its…Tsunki with a “T” Not tsunki with. A “t”…

Nice to see that at least I’m not part of a secret cabal communicating off-blog using the latest ciphers to co-ordinate the systematic dismantling of Eds labour of love. It gets the same off-reservation termites eating away at it’s fabric in the form of Carl with a “c” ( clearly Ian Toon who doth protest too much despite the fact that blog searches easily reveal his obvious duplicity).

Clearly waiting for lack of activity to pop up and cause Division with the usual snipers trailing like weeds on an oar. Pathetic show.

• 111 bettyswallocks // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:26 PM

Jimmy…….. As we were discussing earlier there may be one or two footballers around that can still put morals, ambition and loyalty before money. We can but hope.

• 112 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:29 PM

BandB
    You’re right. There was a kids team called “Sapipa”. Someone said it was adidas in reverse. Kind of. And sort of upside down. Have you ever sampled a real ale called Owd Rodger, then drank champagne? Not good for the spelling.

Can you explain Jib’s Battle of Carrhae comment?

• 113 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:29 PM

I always spell carl with a small c.
    And shill with a small s.
    And rank tory with a passing interest in Newcastle United (always upper case) with a small r and smaller t.

• 114 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:30 PM

I think he probably can Blackley.
    Ask him.

• 115 jimmysmith // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:35 PM

If I were a footballer with high integrity, I might think Ashley’s Newcastle an ironic place to have it tested.

Owner shenanigans aside though, Newcastle, under Rafa, if you’re loved, is a wonderful place to play your football, Championship or not.

Even so, brace yourselves. Money talks, and Everton and Koeman aren’t chopped liver either.

• 116 Graeme // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:36 PM

BandB @ 67 – very well put. There are some very knowledgeable posters on here, of every persuasion, there is no need to be slagging anyone off over a difference of opinion.

We all claim to support NUFC and thats all that should really matter. The agro, the snide comments, the character assassinations or just not needed. There is enough problems in the club, without the “Fans” creating more.

• 117 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:38 PM

That’s a beautiful thought Jimmy.

• 118 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Especially the chopped liver bit.

• 119 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:40 PM

BandB
    I think it’s a good rule to keep politics off the blog. Only because a football blog should be a football blog. I was just responding to a political post by stating an uncontentious fact, i.e.that we live in a democracy and so we can, if we wish, elect any government we want; we don’t need to rely on unelected commissioners to bring forward legislation to protect workers. But this is arguably NUFC related in that Ashley is in the midst of a political brouhaha.

• 120 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:43 PM

Best slip in an extra political point about unelected commissar while at it though.
    No marks for subtlety 🙂

• 121 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:47 PM

BandB
    I’ve given Jib a “?” but he’s disappeared – as usual. I just wondered whether it was only I who missed his point.

• 122 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:50 PM

Graeme.

I’ve never met a fellow fan I would give house room for a second.

Except Booby Bee, obviously.
    I want his passion to rub off on my kids.

So they know who among their neighbours to headbutt.

Which is all that matters, fanwise, surely?

• 123 BandB // Jun 5, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Can we talk now, Blackers?
    It is overdue.