The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Season Ticket Demand And Sales So Surprising

4:56 pm, Tuesday, June 7th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 114 Comments

It looks like the Rafa effect at Newcastle is having its impact on season ticket sales, with the sales of season tickets the quickest and highest they have been for several years, according to Stephen Tickle, the ย box office manager at Newcastle United,

And the club have just announced season tickets in the 8,200-capacity Family Area at St. James’ Park have sold out following a busy day of sales yesterday.

And this is for the Championship!

season ticket

This is what Stephen Tickle has said today:

“It’s been several years since we’ve seen sales at the high level we had yesterday. Our phone lines and website are running at capacity and the box office has been working overtime to service demand.”

“On behalf of our box office team, I’d like to thank supporters for their patience. We’ll continue to work hard as hard as we can to make the process as quick and convenient as possible.”

Hopefully this is the start of a new and successful era at Newcastle and everybody associated with the club can get behind Rafa, the coaches and the players for a very successful first full season under Benitez.

In short that means an automatic promotion back to the Premier League.

rafa benitez rafalution

Howay The Lads!!

Tags: Financials · Newcastle News · Other News · Pre-season · Premier League · Season tickets

114 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Our Toon – was watching a compilation video yesterday about Benny – strangely a compilation from the Star Newspaper. Whilst some of it was repetitive I was gobsmacked by his skills – and repeatedly thought how the hell did he do that.
    I do not usually watch compilations but this one is worth a look – if not for the fact to show folk what a natural footballer is and what we are missing.
    Wish we still had him.

• 2 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:14 PM

My final word re sissoko. I dont have a go at all players having ambition. I do have a go at players who wh0re themselves out in EVERY WINDOW to clubs in the UCL, whilst doing nothing special to earn such a move. Sossoko is masively guilty of this. Had he shown even the slightest effort in more than just 1 in 5 games (at best), maybe he would still be part of a prem squad, and more appealing to potential buyers, and more respectable in our eyes.

• 3 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM

To me it screams that Benny has spoken to a sports psychologist. His attitude seems much much better (it stunk before, during and after his spell at nufc). His current manager must also be helping ( pardew and bruce who had no idea how to cope with his strop, but his previous manager/s also failed). His biggest enemy was ultimately himself, and good for him he has seen the light and got himself sorted.

• 4 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Nice to see ST sales going like hot cakes. If it carries on like this some people might be disappointed – just hope those who had them renewed on time. The average crowd record for the second tier is 50k, but that was before all seaters came in. I know we hold the top three crowds in the new format, with 52k+ in all three. Be nice to break the all time attendance record though, currently held by manure.

• 5 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:24 PM

But isn’t OT a bigger ground? We surely cant hope to top thier attendance.

• 6 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:28 PM

See that lass Eva Carneiro has now settled her dispute with Chelsea – out of court – must be more that the ยฃ1.2 million previously rejected.
    Chelsea obviously do not want bad PR and details of sex discrimination being made public.

• 7 Average_Contents // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:30 PM

I’ve got that wallet. Tatty now like but it was for my 30th lol.

• 8 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:42 PM

YCMIU, manure averaged 50k in the 70’s, despite having a bigger ground. If we get 50100 for every home game, up to 52k, then our average over the season will be greater.

That skills compilation vid of Ben Arfa is well worth a watch. Imagine him in the Championship? Scary. Can’t get in the French side though – thank god! His close control is phenomenal. Totally different attitude as well than when he was under Pardew. I’d have him back tomorrow.

• 9 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Those wallets are still on sale. I got one last season when my older one fell to bits! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 10 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Sissoko can kiss my arse, moaning all season, you can go if you want, infact go to Arsenal and rot on the bench because you will never make the first team, so go ahead leave Newcastle and be another player on the list that’s left us and done sweet fa afterwards.

Hate players like that, to play in the champions league you have got to earn it and you haven’t.

• 11 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Bobbybee – that compilation. To see Benny running at defenders and leaving them in his wake could be in any league -PL included.
    His trick of dragging back the ball and immediately letting it bounce of the foot dragging back to go in the opposite direction is a treat to watch.
    There’s another video of him doing it at SJP a few years ago before a game – I think with Abeid.
    He probably has a better life now living in the south of France.

• 12 bettyswallocks // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Welsh…… Would you have him in the Welsh team?

• 13 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Welsh, has he ever stopped agitating for a move? He’s totally deluded if he thinks he’s CL quality, because I ain’t seen evidence that he is. Need him out quickly, before he stinks the dressing room out. Can’t see the rest of the squad wanting him there now either, not those committed to getting us straight back up.

• 14 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Mister Tuff

That compilation was something else mate…, to think we had that player here. Those pointing out it was in France etc, let’s not forget the goals he scored here against Blackburn and Bolton.

I think having a year away from football did Arfa a lot of good, he’s obviously went away and worked at his game but the interesting thing about watching Nice last season was that hba played mainly in the hole and wasn’t asked to track back but occupy a position when the team lost the ball, pardew messed the lad around here but he’s gone up a level since being here. Good luck to him

• 15 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:56 PM

I wouldn’t put him in the Wales reserves nevermind the 1st team.

• 16 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Mr tuff, i’d pay double my ST price to watch that sort of entertainment ๐Ÿ˜‰ Defenders know if they try and stop him they’ll foul him. When you have a player like that, you don’t ask him to defend because he can’t! You allow him to do what he does best and forgive other shortcomings. Poetry in motion.

• 17 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Totally agree, if he stays he will disrupt the team there’s no doubt that.

• 18 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Mike Ashley staying disrupts the team, not sissoko

• 19 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:05 PM

There is still a difference in benny, though. If he lost the ball here,he would just wander around. But i have seen the odd clip of him lately, not tracking back, but at least not making it simple for defenders to clear. I believe it’s called “defending from the front” and even messi does that. Pardew did nowt to help the lad, but i still maintain his attitude already sucked before he got here. And again, fair play to him for turning it around.

• 20 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Mike Ashley has nothing to do with the team. There’s plenty to blame him for without inventing others! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 21 JP...from The Rock // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:06 PM

Yup taxi for Sissoko, lots of huffing and ouffing with no end product and only ever tries hard near a transfer window. Very inconsistent and a terrible finisher. A powerhouse of a player that only plays to half of his potential in every game. Fck off to Arsenal and rot there you twat.

• 22 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:06 PM

As long as Townsend stays i don’t care what happens to some of the others, he is our key player this season to go back up. Would add mitrovic to that, he could easily score 20 plus this season as long as he sort his temper out.

• 23 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:08 PM

Mike Ashley has nothing to do with the team? Really?

• 24 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:09 PM

Of course sissoko would be disrupting the team, cabaye was the same.

• 25 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Yeah agree on that with Benny, the biggest thing about his most recent spell is that he’s not babysitting the fullback anymore, no longer deep in his own half

• 26 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Mitro needs to keep his head in front of goal, but i agree he could get a hat full this season.

• 27 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Attitude Schmattitude hba was in a crap team well below his standard and managed by a clueless clodhopper. We had him, he went. Never mind.

• 28 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:13 PM

Our Toon

I didn’t know Ashley wants to leave to play champions league football, maybe there will be some transfer rumours this summer.

Chelsea in talks with Newcastle forward Mike Ashley for ยฃ15 million.

• 29 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:14 PM

YCMIU, when you have a player like hatem in the side, you have to give and take. You literally need to build the rest of the team with his defensive shortcomings in mind. Pardew didn’t. That affected benny’s performances because he doesn’t defend well, ended up sulking. We knew what benny was before we got him – a luxury player – and the rest of the team should’ve been set up to cover his defensive failures. Just let him do what he does and if it isn’t working for whatever reason, you sub him – but start him again next time. There is a price to pay for that sort of brilliance, but imo its worth it.

• 30 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:15 PM

it’s amazing how cost effective a gold standard manager can be when brought in at the right time, the cusp of almost certain relegation. Much more effective for ST sales than a fat owner talking chuff on a five minute video. I do hope the kids in the Family Section won’t be crying to go to the swing park instead of the game if results don’t storm along as envisaged by many.

• 31 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:15 PM

Our toon

Yep. Wrong tactics. Benny on either side of a 433 worked, but pardew hardly used it. Playing him as a winger, and as you say, fb babysitter, was a waste.

• 32 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:17 PM

And to add to that it’s incredible how the Geordie faithful can be easily seduced to cough up and watch championship. Football for a second time in 6 years!

• 33 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Yes, really. He’s never there except the games he attends. How does the man who’s paying players more than they’re worth affect them detrimentally?

• 34 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Yes, i agree with most of that, but a luxury player still has to adapt to the league he is in. I never expected him to be a workhorse, but like I say, a bit of defending from the front (just getting in the CBs face is enough) was not too much to ask. He sulked a little too easily. He was still used incorrectly, so i do partially understand, but not to the level it went to.

• 35 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM

This may sound strange tsunki, but we’d support the team in the conference league. It’s what we do.

• 36 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Really Chelsea want Ashley for 15m, send him packing mate. I could be nasty to you and ask belittle the I support 2 teams policy you have but won’t.

Selling a player mid-season like cabaye doesn’t have an affect on the team? Not buying a single player for an entire season has no affect on the team or player? Appointing Joe kinnear, Dennis wise, pardew etc etc has no affect on the team? Sacking Chris Houghton who did so well has no affect on the team? Coming out and saying we don’t want cup runs or play in Europe as it will get us relegated has no affect on the team?

I could go on mate, barely scratched the surface with all this. You must be deluded to think an owner has no affect on the team or morale, he got rid of those strong minded players who had a voice in the changing room and replaced them with the type of ambassadors he wanted with the likes of Colo.

• 37 Munster Mag // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:23 PM

And I’d be there beside you Bobby, in Dagenham!

• 38 Yo-yo // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:25 PM

If Sissoko’s ability came anywhere near his inflated opinion of himself as a footballer we’d be able to cash in big time. If he was that good Gooners would have been after him relentlessly but he’s an also ran in a side like that and would be very much second string.
    He’s just another in a long line of players who have moved off the pitch and on to a bench because their self worth doesn’t match their real value.
    Let him go – even better treat his comments as a request to go on the transfer list. He is no use to us.

• 39 Yo-yo // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:26 PM

or put him on one of big Mike’s zero hours contracts

• 40 carl // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Bobby/ Welsh
    Just what did we miss!!

Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko wants nothing to do with the Championship. โ€œI gave everything there for three-and-a-half years,โ€ he honked. โ€œI hope that today Newcastle will be smart enough to understand that to continue my development I need to keep playing at the highest level.โ€

• 41 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM

Our toon, things have changed. He’s stepped back and has nothing to do with the running of the club. The board let us all down last season, but he’s still allowed Rafa to take control – total control – of footballing matters. What’s gone is gone. We’ve only got Rafa because Ashley has allowed him free reign. I understand that might not be enough for people obsessed with the man to forgive his past, but that’s neither here nor there.

• 42 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:30 PM

I wouldn’t be joking about the conference.
    By the sounds of it today, Mike probably wouldn’t notice or care.
    He’s no Santa Claus.

• 43 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:32 PM

I know you are no fan.
    But can you tell us, just for clarity, what it is you DO blame him for?

• 44 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Do you think, for example, that women choose to have their baby in the toilet at work because they fancied just getting an extra shift in at Happyville?

• 45 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Bobbybee, sorry I doubted you. I actually thought you couldn’t sound any more pious and condescending but wow that showed me. FYI, I had a ST through the championship and thoroughly enjoyed it too. I’m just commenting on the Rafa effect and the clubs domination of effective PR – if you recall we have been relegated with with was, many players welcoming a ticket out of here, and not a ball kicked. Yet the family enclosure sells out straight away. Think about it. If you really want to be such a snot about it just remember the facts while you’re on.

• 46 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:35 PM

Carl, his ego knows no bounds! Got to say though, i can’t recall him giving his all in more than a couple of games. I hope Newcastle are smart enough to get a good price for him and get rid. God knows what he sees when he’s watching reviews of his performances, because nobody else sees what he sees. Nobody’s made an offer yet, so see if a CL club comes in for him. If they do, snatch their hands off and get him out the door.

• 47 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:37 PM

The loon thinks that Ashley stepping out of the firing line of responsibility and planking his goon squad in front of him like a human shield absolves him of any part in the plight of this club. Let the Rose Tints be Donn-ay-ed!

• 48 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Our Toon

Go ahead ask me why i support two teams, although i have explained millions of times on here.

• 49 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:38 PM

“This may sound strange, tsunki…” what a tool! it’s Tsunki with a “T”

Tell him, carl

• 50 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:40 PM

I think I like him better when the oramorph wears off. ๐Ÿ™‚

• 51 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:43 PM

I think it looks like we’ve got a decent “Woop Woop” gang assembled to keep Fat Mike’s Spirits up during his Question Time.

• 52 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:43 PM

Tsunki, it sounded like you were having a dig at the fans who are paying out for ST’s. That’s how it comes across. Like they’re all easily pleased รจtc. Yep, read it again and that’s exactly how it sounds. How is it meant to sound?

BandB, i’m not getting dragged into this. I don’t care about Ashley either way. He’s done wrong, he’s done right. As for what happened in Shirebrook, as i’m not in possession of all the facts, i don’t intend to comment.

• 53 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:44 PM

I’d read the blog if I was Mike.
    He’s getting slaughtered everywhere else.

• 54 carl // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:45 PM

In his debut game against Chelsea he flattered to deceive and he has constantly underperformed. He’d be the first through the exit door for me. Yet to appreciate what his best position is and his poor close control and limited energy levels have often made him look a frustrated figure. That can be viewed as him lacking motivation. I am sure Rafa recognises his limitations.

• 55 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:45 PM

Welsh I know it increases the chances of supporting a winning side. Not working atm of course but it should work out in long run, on average.

• 56 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Bobby I know your hackles raise when the true fan is perceived to be maligned. I may not be talking about him though.

• 57 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I see Mike is still pulling rather sloppily out of Rangers.
    The old girl most have accepted a temp contract.

• 58 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:51 PM

‘Course you also support the Welsh national side as well. Hmmm. You’d think the law of averages would kick in some time wouldn’t you? ๐Ÿ˜€

• 59 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:52 PM

You see it your way, but your way is twisted with hatred. Why you allow one man to get to you in such a manner shows weakness. Things happen, that’s life, but by accident or design, we are in a position to give Rafa what he wants and only sell who we choose to sell. How many other clubs start a season in the Championship as strong as we are? None. You choose to live in the past and that’s fine, your choice. I choose to basically ignore Ashley, because no matter what I want, it’s his club and he’ll do what he likes with it. I don’t have to like it, but i don’t let it dominate my life – like some. What will be will be. I guarantee that some of those who are now clammering for ST’s are those who said they’d never go back whilst Ashley is there. Times change. The future looks bright. Why you can’t just enjoy it, without harping back to mistakes that have been made, is beyond me. I’m lovung it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• 60 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Tsunki, if you weren’t, then who were you having a dig at? I can’t help it if that’s how you sounded, but if i got you wrong, then i’m sorry. Have another look abd you might see my point.

• 61 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:56 PM

All Ashley has done is put in charge people who he can hide behind, it’s great Rafa is here and is apparently going to get what he wants but the owner will always have an affect on the team. I’m not going to pretend the world of NUFC has miraculously changed because of the appointment of Rafa, if Mike had truly taken a backseat he’d never have sat in know the talks with Rafa. In my opinion once a liar always a liar

• 62 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:58 PM

From what I wrote the only thing you had an issue with was me saying I’ll other belittle why you support 2 teams, forgetting the entire debate of an owner has no affect on the team.

You have your reasons mate and it’s up to you, has nothing to do with me

• 63 Thump // Jun 7, 2016 at 6:59 PM

I’ve just watched the Chron’s “Greatest Hits of Ashley at Parliament”.

I haven’t laughed this hard in a long bloody time.

• 64 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM

I dont see why there has to be this in-fighting. It is still possible to blame the people you want to blame, for the position we are in, because we will all be at least partly right…. and still agree that there has been a big change in the fundamental running of the club. One season too late for relegation, several season too late for most of us to imediately start trusting those in charge.

• 65 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:00 PM

I make no apology for defending our most loyal fans. I will always do so. The fans are the best part about NUFC and always have been. They make me proud. Is that wrong?

• 66 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:01 PM

We still have Ashley.
    We still have Charnley
    We still have Carr.
    And we are team demoted to the second rank of English Football.
    Perhaps the club is bigger than Ashley?
    Perhaps, despite all his efforts, we are bigger than his ability to manage.
    Isn’t that what he said today about the company founded?
    “Don’t ask me, I’m, just the boss.”
    Maybe when we are in the conference though……..

• 67 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:03 PM

Bobby @59 honestly, none of those you say are happening. There’s no canker of hatred eating away my bones ha ha, I think that you misread Eds site fonts a bit ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m just not gullible enough to fling ten years of shoddy and cynical ownership to one side for a spiffing new manager and a lot of talk about a brave new championship season, again. it’s realism, and circumspection. There is no smell of burning hair on this side of the internet. ๐Ÿ˜€

I suggest that rather than die hard fans, the return of the easily pleased, the PR gulpers and the hefty discounts have precipitated the swelling of the ST ranks.. I think that’s descriptive enough. Take another shot of that stuff.

• 68 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:05 PM

“Twisted with hatred” ๐Ÿ™‚

• 69 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Mike is kind.
    To the right sort of people.
    The genuine ones.
    The ones not wanting time off work for a stroke.
    Or to give birth to a baby.
    He’s not Santa Claus. Not to slackers.
    We’ll have no slackers at this club………….

• 70 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Your statement on Ashley shows you have more in common with the likes of sissoko who you belittle, same fight or lack of fight. It’s his club he’ll do what he wants.

Not long ago Mike Ashley said he’d never discuss sports direct with politician’s, he’ll never go down to be held accountable or give his points on what happens in his company. Politicians kept the pressure up they didn’t back down and say it’s his company he can do what he wants, and what happened today….those who continued the fight got the man to answer questions and do the very thing he said he wouldn’t do.

If those politician’s had your mindset Ashley would have carried on getting away it without being called to account, public opinion carries a lot of sway, hiding and hoping for the best or ignoring the bleeding obvious just ensures the pain goes on longer.

It’s not a debate I want to revisit but defeatist attitude is something I will never have

• 71 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Bobby @65 no it’s not wrong at all, except when you say it.

• 72 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:08 PM

“Dead, you say?????? Well – get another one!!!!”

• 73 welshgeordie9 // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Our Toon

If we all had a debate talking about Ashley pros and cons, we would be here all night, so on that note really can’t be bothered mate.

• 74 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:08 PM

YCMIU, agreed mate. We can’t change the past and it’s what happens in the future that counts. I have never asked anybody to forgive and forget completely; why should I when I don’t? I try not to even think about him. He owns the club. One of a string of dodgy owners. Just right now it’s going well and like it or not, he’s made it happen. Does it make up for his past? No, but it augurs well for the future. Having listened to him, I’m left wondering just how much he does know how all his businesses are run. If people wish to wallow in a shitty past, then go for it. I prefer to look to the future. Different folks, different strokes.

• 75 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:09 PM

And see if she shags first……!!!

• 76 Rotonda heights // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:10 PM

our toon

surely to get his demands agreed to at top level rafa would have needed to see and talk with ash directly at some point.

• 77 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:12 PM

The biggest thing I took from Mike’s visit to parliament, he passed the buck onto someone else, his company but someone else is to blame for the fines etc no doubt some poor souls will get the axe for following out directives set by the owner

• 78 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Bobbybee I don’t know where you fall between hapless resignation and perilous optimism. it’s not a sh***y past it’s a sh***y present me old tuppence. We are in the championship after another clueless campaign. We have Rafa Benitez. Nothing else.

• 79 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Our toon, listen to yourself. I’ve stuck with the team through worse than this, believe me. Judge me, when you went running the first time we played crap whilst you’d been there. Your Ashley out campaign was a joke – he’s still here. Football fans support the team and sod the regime. We’re in a far better place than 99% other clubs. I’d sooner use my energy supporting the team i love, than trying to cause divisions. If i’m sissoko, your the toilet cleaner.

• 80 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Why would it need to be approved by the owner as he’s taking a backseat, surely it would need to be approved by Charnley as he is the one in charge of footballing affairs, he’s the one who appoints managers etc.

Ashley didn’t even wait for Rafa demands before meeting him, the meeting took place prior to any demands apparently, isn’t that a bit strange for a man who’s apparently taken a back seat?

Call me cynical but I can see Rafa getting us promoted and then Ashley changing the goalposts after 1 full season in the prem which results in Rafa leaving

• 81 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:19 PM

I wouldn’t mention toilet cleaners.
    Never know what you’ll find stuffed behind the u-bend.
    Might be a baby.

• 82 Hail Wor Ashley // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Some of yoy talk as if Mash owns a 50 personnel business and oversees the entire lot from an office overlooking the factory floor. Get a grip. He was obviously sincere if not eloquent and was as accepting as can be of any steps that can be taken to improve conditions after an independent review which he was adamant about, even saying he wouldn’t be able to be objective about senior management as a lot are his long-term friends.

The longer the chain of command and the more people involved, the more chance of abuses of power and bad eggs. By his own admission the business has outgrown his ability to manage the nitty-gritty.

Really strange how they tried to pin stuff personally onto him, like a manager of a specific shop calling a staff member selfish for always leaving on time, or binge drinking culture, yup UKs binge drinking culture was levelled at his door as if it’s a SD employee problem only – wtf?

Does anybody do personal responsibility these days?

• 83 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM

How is it shitty? It might be if all you care about is winning, but that’s not what being a fan is about. If you think that, you’re in the wrong game. Why do you think the fair weather fans are streaming back? Because the future looks grim? The best gaffer we’re likely to get. No need for a fire sale. Players willing to stay and fight. Transfer funds enough to keep Rafa happy. The only drawback, the only one, is we’re in the Championship. The PL isn’t the only league, but we’ll be back next season. The future has never looked brighter under Ashley.

• 84 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:21 PM

Best Mr Tubbs quote in my opinion :-

On alleged abuse of the tannoy system

Mike Ashley: โ€œIf we are abusing it we deserve the cane. Simple as that. There will be occasions when you do deserve the cane.โ€

Abusers need to be caned. I totally agree.
    Jib Jibberish – I have restored my jacksie twanging cane – good oil and polish. Back to it’s springiest best. It is awaiting your next gaffe(s) when a severe thrashing will be administered to your buttocks.

• 85 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:24 PM

BandB, maybe in your world. Never in mine. How sick is that?

• 86 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:24 PM

That desk certainly got a good pummelling.
    Must have been a temp.

• 87 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Would you like to explain that again Bobs.
    I presume you mean I see it and you won’t.

• 88 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:27 PM

I respect your stand of going to SJP, I don’t respect your notion of its his club. Owners come and go as do players, the club belongs to the fans not the owner, he’s the current occupant. I’ve made my stand and believe it or not, I still follow my team, not Mike Ashley’s team. As for the leave campaign, it was run as well as nufc, problem is when you have many fence sitters than no matter what change will never take place.

Prime example of change is Liverpool fans this season staging a walkout on proposed rises in tickets, the walkout had its affect as a lot of them worked together as FANS and forced change. Not many Liverpool fans said, sod it nothing we can do its there club and they’ll do as they see fit, let’s just ignore it!!

We’ve had arguably the greatest sporting ikon to have ever graced any sport pass away over the weekend, he took on an entire country and was deprived of showing the world his skills when in his prime, he stuck to his belief at the detriment of his career. Would he be remembered by the world if he had gone off to Vietnam and said it’s there country and they’ll do as they please, nothing I can do but go to war for my country or to fight for black rights

• 89 carl // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:28 PM

Trade Unions and a party that represented the ordinary working classes unravelled at break neck speed as Blair’s NuLabour put the UK in reverse, landing us where we are today, with workers exploited, bullied, and dismissed, with legislation that once served to aid them and Unions that once had the strength to protect them a thing of the past.
    Blair’s anthem was ‘Things Can Only Get Better’, an anthem we thought was for the workers.

• 90 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Your hero did himself no favours today Bobs
    Like you, he’ll have scored big with people who like abusing other people while claiming they are just a plain speaking kind of guy.

• 91 carl // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Rather chat about football to be honest. It is no wonder many have had enough.

• 92 Mister Tuff // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Aye good football post there.

• 93 Our Toon // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Anyway let’s forget this whole debate as it truly is never ending.

Who’ll win the Euros people?

• 94 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Yup bobs.

Good football post from carl.

• 95 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:33 PM

Well done carl.

You meet the bobby seal of approval for a top football post. Again.
    If you didn’t laugh, you’d have to cry.

• 96 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:35 PM

Ashley probably should have started by buying a smaller team, it’s obvious that a top EPL team was something he couldn’t ‘Manage’.

• 97 ShirebrookToon // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Well I see Sissoko is at it again haha. Sounding desperate or what

• 98 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Wow, Tony Blair a bad guy, someone will be saying next that Gordon Brown was a cr^p Chancellor.

• 99 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:38 PM

No impact on NUFC (his own words)
    No impact on Sports Direct (his own words
    Why is he a billionaire.
    Must be all those hard-faced gits he accidentally employs to impose structures and conditions he knows nothing about.

• 100 Jail for Ashley // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Enter Jack Root!

• 101 carl // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:40 PM

You sound stressed. Offence is subjective.

• 102 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Enter him?
    Is Jack after a temporary contract at Shirebrook, Jail?

• 103 Tsunki // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Bobby @83 rather than answering that aloof diatribe I hope you don’t mind if I save it.

• 104 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Do I, Ian?
    Well I’m sure your imaginary friends suggested that to you.
    Do you have a man who lives in your little finger and tells you stuff, like Fozzie Bear?

• 105 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Enter Mr Bimble.

• 106 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Martin luther king is my hero, not mike ashley. What i do see is you blaming him for a woman having a premature birth on his premises. Was he even there? I am no fan of ashley. You might like to say that because you are out of a decent argument, but i am not a fan of ashley. I don’t care about ashley. Accept that or not, i couldn’t care less.

Our toon. Have you never ever thought that you might be wrong? Don’t compere it with Liverpool, because I’d join in that as well. It was a cause that could be won. Ashley out will never win. Yes, i know it’s the fans club, you can’t teach me anything about being a fan. But the fans didn’t buy the club, Ashley did. Until he sells, we are literally stuck with him. Many of us have seen the club in a far worse state than it is now. Far worse. That’s football. We’re not alone with a not perfect owner, you know? You were in a huge minority. People didn’t join in because they didn’t agree with your stance. Nobody was happy, but deserting the team was never an option for the majority. Yes, i’d love us to win something, but that’s not the reason i support the club. We’ve never won anything domestic in all my years, but i still go because i love football, not winning. You do what you feel the need to do, but don’t dig at me because I think your wrong. The most attending the ashley out protest was 400 ffs. The minority don’t tell the majority what to do. You do it to your hearts content, but football is too important for me to boycott. Simple as.

• 107 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Tsunki, save it. Frame it. Shove it up your ass. Why should i care what you do?

• 108 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Can you list the names of all those who have asked you to boycott on this blog Bobs?

I’ve prepared the following list to get you started.

Off you go. fill it in for me, will you?

• 109 Moonraker15 // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:51 PM

There are very few successful businessmen who haven’t shit on all and sundry to get the success, cos if you don’t eat you usually get eaten. Anyone who thinks Hall. Shepperd, McKeag, Westwood were saints is deluded. They all raped the club in achieving what they did. One thing they can’t do is turn us against OUR club. Next season’s gonna be brilliant and then – the sky’s the limit; KK proved what can be achieved and if we’d had the luck Leicester had we’d have won that league; not saying LCfc didn’t deserve it but we all know the top clubs gave it away whilst Leicester had NO injuries, no Europe etc etc etc.
    In the meantime “in Rafa we trust”

• 110 Bobbybee // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Anyway, this will go round and round in circles until the personal insults start. So predictable. I’ve got hundreds of things that are better than this to do. Sticking pins in my eyes would be one. Read my book or argue with the same clowns AGAIN? I was talking football, but hey, that’s the blog nowadays. Was it ever different? Anyway, the book wins hands down.

• 111 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Can you answer my question Bobs, and stop pouting?

• 112 Jib // Jun 7, 2016 at 8:32 PM

Well BandB and tsunki were certainly tougher on Big Mike than the parliamentary committee.

It was all a bit of a damp squib.

A woman starts a preterm birth and heads (understandably) for the ladies and all of a sudden Shirebrook is a Gulag.

If the unions and certain MP’s were hoping this would be the first winning battle in the war against zero contracts they really screwed up !

Pitiful !

Ashley is now totally off the hook.

Politicians meh !

• 113 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM

You are quiet this days.

Nice to see you wading in to talk football.

Rather than with another Ashley apologia.

Have you loaned bettyswallocks your Acme catalogue of jet-powered roller skates by any chance?

He is Anvil Springsteen recently.

• 114 BandB // Jun 7, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Come on Jeff/Jeff from Benwell/Jib

Give your head a shake.

bobby bee has made you redundant.

Which is a shame. He’s a one trick pony.

A predictable radgie like ToonDarnSarf..

Nowhere near good enough to be interesting.

previous post: Pundit Describes What Benitez Will Discover In Championship