Sissoko Speaks Of His Relationship With Benitez

Moussa Sissoko has made his play today to become an Arsenal player in the summer, and that may not be the last time we hear from Sissoko this summer about wanting to join a Champions League club.

Unfortunately we will hear more from Moussa – especially when he’s with the French squad for the Euro 2016 Championships taking place in France starting this Friday.

moussa sissoko rafa benitez spurs

Rafa Benitez with Moussa Sissoko

Newcastle signed Moussa from Toulouse in January of 2013, after Graham Carr had been watching him for some time.

It just so happens that before that Rafa Benitez while he was Liverpool manager wanted to sign a very young Sissoko.

Since Rafa left Liverpool in the summer of 2010 when Sissoko was 20 – he must have been a teenager when Rafa was interested in signing him  for The Reds.

Moussa has talked to Foot Mercato about Rafa and their relationship is a good one:

“Since Benitez arrived at Newcastle, I have had a very good relationship with him.”

“He is a coach that I already knew. When I was at Toulouse, he wanted me at Liverpool. I decided to stay at Toulouse because I was still young and I wanted to continue my development over there.”

“When he arrived, we were able to speak together.”  “Things went very well but sadly, we were unable to stay up.”

“But he and I have always had a good relationship.”

Certainly Rafa not only gets on  well with the 26 year-old Frenchman but made him the Newcastle captain too, because of the example Moussa set in training.

It’s just a pity Moussa cannot see that Rafa was already making a better player of him in the short time he coached him at thew end of last season – and if he would stay on Tyneside he would improve even more under the world-class coaching of Benitez.

But Moussa has this dream of playing for a Champions League club, which he will tell anyone who will listen to him.

🙂

If only he could see that with Rafa now in charge perhaps he’s at that club right now – and that it will not be too long before Rafa will have us competing in Europe again.

If Moussa does leave this summer, we should check to see how he’s doing and how Newcastle are doing two years from now.

It could be very interesting.

• jimmysmith

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Rafa isn’t a soft touch Moussa. Earn your move at the Euro’s.

• lesh

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:33 PM

BandB

No problem, these things happen

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Mike Ashley’s not Santa clause…. WTF!!, my kids will be gutted now haha

• Average_Contents

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:35 PM

I reckon he’s crushing grapes between the massive throbs on his fod.

Probably got a bottle of wines worth this afternoon alone.

Bet the cellars fcuking massive.

• Laurent Robert 32

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:35 PM

I don’t mind players who want to play at the highest level they can. That’s what they should be doing. I just find it very distasteful that Sissoko persistently seems to flaunt his services publicly. I do think he’s a good player, and with Rafa now here, it’d be nice to get a final product from him consistently.

With his constant want-away comments, it’s just too disrespectful. So much so that he should probably leave so we can get some who is more committed.

• Average_Contents

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:35 PM

It was lesh 🙂

• Laurent Robert 32

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:36 PM

With his constant want-away comments, it’s just too disrespectful. So much so that he should probably leave so we can get someone who is more committed.

• Average_Contents

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Sick of hearing from this weasel now.

Just fcukoff please.

• Laurent Robert 32

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Bah…

• Yo-yo

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:38 PM

LR32

On hia day – Chelski when he first arrived ,and occasionally ever since he is really good, but he is just inconsistently motivated and that is not a winning philosophy So why would the Gooners wnat him ?
    Lets hope Palace have enough readies.

• Average_Contents

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM

Lr32

Shhhh. Don’t make that noise. You know who will be all over you like a dog with two….

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:42 PM

It was Lesh, AC.

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Though he may now explain how it wasn’t.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Will you lot grow up and talk football, you know that round thing that goes in the net, no wonder there’s no sod on here, ffs.

• benjohnsen

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:56 PM

From an Arsenal page:

“While such complimentary comments are always nice to hear, simply but harshly put, Sissoko is not a player that possesses enough quality to handle playing for the Gunners. He is not an improvement on Arsenal’s reserve midfielders, players like Mohamed Elneny and Jack Wilshere, and would still command a decent transfer fee.

He is also lazy, unmotivated (although who can blame him playing in that Newcastle side) and does not fit the technical, possession based style of play that Wenger insists his sides play. Arsenal should be focusing on bringing in world-class players.”

Enough said

• welshgeordie9

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:57 PM

And I’m talking about previous post as well.

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:01 PM

There are quite a few people on here after eight, compared to your heyday of blog killing, Welsh.

• Thump

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:03 PM

@benjohnsen: Oh aye, the Arsenal fans aren’t happy about it like. Honestly, I’d argue that they’re being quite complimentary.

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Now happily passed.

• Tsunki

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Welsh – any football topic? Shall we talk about sissoko endlessly? No ta.

• Tsunki

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Well we all know the dangers of tinkering with teleportation technology, don’t we? Maybe Bobby ‘sappointment was to investigate that troublesome clump of bristles growing on his back? Or his urges to consume a box of doughnuts every ten minutes. Although to be fair the latter is probably a habit he may have picked up from his beloved leader

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Or on his palms.

• one fine day

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:19 PM

Get rid and do it quick.
    Not good to have some player openly begging for a move .
    I’d be looking at getting top coin for him now as the last thing we need is him on our books and he picks up a niggle at the Euros (note I say niggle as he is hardly likely break a leg in a full blown tackle)
    Do it quick so we can spend time of getting in a player who wants to be here.
    Have to say he is only one in a long list who came here only as stepping stone .
    We can blame the club as much for using this as a tool to get players in .
    As for champs league … hope he has packed his tweezers .. he will need them

• welshgeordie9

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:20 PM

BandB

Blog killing my arse, you’ve been talking to jail to much, like I’ve said to him and i will say it to you, show me evidence to back your comment.

Anyway carry on with talking crap to the others who should be talking about football.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:21 PM

Anyway, hope they give Townsend a new contract asap.

• Tsunki

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:24 PM

I for one am sorry to hear about the uncomfortable effect the blog is having on your a**e Welsh . Perhaps if he can spare it, bobby can loan you his special cushion. Although it doesn’t seem to help him much 😀

• welshgeordie9

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:25 PM

On about vardy to Arsenal for 20 million, really for a player that’s had one good season, see if he scores double figures next season, Kane has done it twice in a row see if he can do the same, money on English players these days are a joke, no wonder clubs go abroad, I hope we don’t go to France again though.

Ha ha ha

• Average_Contents

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:30 PM

I know. So did you.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:31 PM

I know the window hasnt opened yet but there’s been no news on clubs linked with players i would like to get rid of like rivière, gourfran, cisse story has been slow, once those have gone plus toonbrothers favourite colo then i will be happy.

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Your arse Welsh?

Anyone else remember the days when Welsh was sufficiently an annoyance to make after eight a no-go zone?

Hands up. Welsh thinks we are even less bright than him.

You won’t remember Lesh, obviously.

You cant remember what you wrote yesterday.

• lesh

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:35 PM

BandB, AC

Forgive me, but what was lesh supposed to have done?

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:38 PM

It was dangerously controversial stuff Lesh.
    Not like you at all.

• Tsunki

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:38 PM

I think it was when he got to the last page of his cornflake packet joke book. He ran out of ideas. These days he desperately tries to talk about football. 🙂 and don’t mention the horrible swans, that never goes down well at all. Or passports.

• Tsunki

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:39 PM

I can’t even remember Lesh. What was he famous for? Don’t tell me I can guess

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:40 PM

I remember Lester Lesh.
    I think he was famous.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:41 PM

Tsunki

Is that all you’ve got, not really good evidence there mate.

• Tsunki

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:42 PM

Wasn’t Lesh casually observing that the hospital appointment had to be a round trip achieved by a paradoxically athletic disabled man in a rocket attached by bungee? Certainly lit a fire that one.

• Belfast

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:44 PM

I must confess I do miss the live from Leeds Royal infirmary intensive care unit sessions.

Chilling in my coma & the morphine discos!

Those where the days 🙂

• BandB

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:44 PM

Nah

Never

Never

Never

Never

Not that nice Lester.

• Tsunki

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:44 PM

Welsh that’s not all I’ve got. I have change for a pancake breakfast at Maccy D’s and a broken pencil with the rubber chewed off.