The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

It’s All So Very Sad For This Great Newcastle Player

9:13 am, Wednesday, June 8th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 126 Comments

Newcastle’s price tag on Moussa Sissoko this summer will be £20M and we suppose Moussa would agree with that price tag, but the difficult thing for him wanting to leave Newcastle is no club in their right mind would be willing to pay that for Moussa.

Even Man City who pride themselves in completely overpaying for players may think twice before paying out £20M on Moussa.

The French International has been too inconsistent at Newcastle and he hasn’t played well the last two seasons.

In fact the best he’s played is since Rafa Benitez arrived at the club in early March, but he still wants to leave because a player of his caliber and ability should not be playing in England’s second division.

No way Jose.

Moussa Sissoko France+v+Japan+International+yGjpylvV5qcl

Moussa Sissoko in action for France

He should be playing for a top club in Europe who are in the Champions League every season – like Arsenal for example.

Here are just some of the quotes from his interview yesterday with Foot Mercato – an interview he really shouldn’t have given – and some of our translations on what he is really saying:

“I grieve for myself, for the club, for my family and for many other people (but mostly for myself).

“It was a complicated season and many things happened during the season. Things are done and now it’s for me to look ahead.” (screw Newcastle).

“It is flattering that a coach like Benitez, a great coach, wants to keep me (he really knows football and that I’m so great), but I think he knows that I get to a level where playing in the Championship would be difficult for me.”

“I must continue my development.” (in other words I am far too good for the Championship stupid).

“I aspire to play for the biggest clubs in Europe and continue to be in the France team. I think he understands.”

“Today, if I play in the Championship, I forget about the France team and many other things.” (I must keep playing for France – they will be much weaker without me).

“I want to continue my career in England, at a club that plays in the Champions League, because I think the English league is the championship that best fits my style of play.” (The English league is the best and I’m the best).

What a complete load of hogwash – I feel so sorry for Moussa and the terrible plight he is in right now – I’m almost in tears.

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

126 responses so far ↓

• 1 G // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Send him out on loan to the prem until somebody buys him. I never want to see him near our squad again. Not as good or consistent as he believes he is, and not able to take responsibility for the actions he helped create. Scumbag.

• 2 Jib // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM

I think the Lilongwe plan should be implememented – sell the goon to Hull or Palace or even Sunderland !

• 3 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Maybe he needs to post on here with an ego that big. 20m must be right, what with him being such a top player? I mean, less than that might insult the man and god forbid we should do that. Surely anybody too good for relegation must be worth that amount, at least. So, 20m is it. Now let’s step back and wait for the queue of willing buyers to start a bidding war. I’d bring a flask if i were you. 😉

• 4 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM

What annoys me about players like Sissoko is that if they signed a twelve month contract, they wouldn’t get the excessive wages they get. They get their outrageous wages because they sign on long term. Those become the terms of the contract – you stay here for five years and we’ll pay you x amount. Then, suddenly, the contract is worthless because they, having had the big wages, don’t want to honour their side of the agreement. I’d be so so tempted to stick him with the u21’s for the season, but that doesn’t help our cause. Just sell the clown. Get rid – but not for less than such a great player deserves. If nobody is willing to pay that, then it might just be the reserves for him. 😉

• 5 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Perhaps Townsend is waiting to see if The Great One is shipped out (rather than who is coming in) before he commits? 🙂

Surely team mates can be just as irritated if not more so than us fans at the self serving tripe he comes out with.

He needs a Brochure ala Micheal Owen – let’s pass his hat around ( it’s big enough) and make it happen.

• 6 WWSBRD // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM

When Sissoko signed for us he will of been promised a CL team move after a couple of years now he’s been relegated

• 7 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM

WWSBRD

It is often quoted that this was one of the selling points in getting likes of Sissoko to sign but has any CL club actually ever bid for him at a market price such as he is obviously worth.

I can’t recall any bids being turned down?

• 8 WWSBRD // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM

magscar
    No idea maybe it’s just not come out in public but if he’s putting his neck so far out someone is telling his agent that they are interested in him (be surprised if it was Arsenal like but hey ho)

But my point is he was sold something and it’s turned into something very different. He never wanted to be at Newcastle

• 9 Jib // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Who’da thunk it ay !
    Barcelona’s and PSG’s ardour for HBA has cooled ( if it ever existed outside his agent’s head ).
    He is probably going to that last big payday in Turkey !

• 10 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Playing was difficult for you full stop most of the time, Moussa. Taxi!

• 11 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:53 AM

WWSBRD, who promised him that? You do know how cheap he was, don’t you? He cost relative peanuts. He was more than grateful to sign for us and this stepping stone rubbish came entirely from places like this blog. He was in obscurity until we took him on, just another average player in an average league. He didn’t need fictitious promises to sign for us, he couldn’t sign quickly enough. I will be amazed if we get an offer of 20m for him – which isn’t unreasonable for a CL quality player. Doubt it’ll happen, because he’s nowhere near as good as the sycophants he surrounds himself with are telling him. 😉 He could always buy out his contract, if he feels he’s so good. Put his money where his mouth is.

• 12 Jib // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:55 AM

conneries française

• 13 cyprus // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:57 AM

So you don’t like this player I gather Ed. A bit unfair that you are building an aggressive mob. In my mind he’s one of our best players. Not an amazing player, but you can’t hate him for that. He wants out, ok, that makes sense. He’s ambitious. If he’s delusional, like Cabaye proved, who pulled off tantrums unlike this guy, then it’s his problem.

I wish him luck in his new move. If it happens.

• 14 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Mags, this nonsense about players being promised moves if they signed is, imo, a load of bull. Made up by people with a grudge against Ashley, Charnley etc. It’s never been shown to be true. We only sold Cabaye because he forced a move and PSG were willing to stump up big bucks. It’s just another stick to bash the club with.

• 15 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM

WWSBRD

It appears that way but at the knockdown price we bought him at why weren’t other clubs in for him. Even if we caught them napping he (and agent) only had to wait a few more months before others came knocking as I recall he was then on a free ?

Perhaps even then the CL clubs weren’t impressed with his application?

On the wider point NUFC ( as to a greater extent the Mackems and Boro ) have always struggled to attract bigger names to the North East when the perceived brighter lights of London and NW are available( especially to WAGS). The Club has to be sold somehow.

We used to struggle to attract ” Cockneys” 🙂

• 16 WWSBRD // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Bobby
    They are all promised CL moves, we are a stage not a club (Rafa may change that time will tell). The stepping stone club doesn’t come from this blog it comes from the players (former) and the club, just look how often Pardew told us we couldn’t compete and we weren’t able to keep our players, sorry mate but it’s our business model

As for him being desperate to sign for us I doubt it

• 17 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Cyprus, this ain’t an aggressive mob matey, just fans pissed off with players responsible for relegation who won’t accept any responsibility for their actions. As a player who played throughout the season, he must be partly responsible for our current situation. But not in his eyes. Everyone else is to blame, not him. If he wasn’t so smarmy about it, it might not be too bad, but the way he repeatedly whines on about how good he is – too good for us – just gets too much. You’re right that he is a decent player – but he ain’t great. If he’s as good as he rates himself, he’ll get his move – 20m ain’t too high.

• 18 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM

There you are, Yo – you’re talking a load of bull. Not “I doubt that” or ” I don’t think so because”.
    Hard to understand why such a jolly character gets so much stick isn’t it?

• 19 WWSBRD // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:08 AM

magscar
    CL clubs don’t have to buy cheap mate (specially the ones in England where Sissoko wanted to play) and he was a gamble. Same could be said about Cabaye for such a cheap price and he drove us into European football

Ur right in we have struggled to attract players up north but we used to get them in and they would fall in love but really what have we had to fall in love with since Ashley came in? 1 season really

I think he’s a helmet for how he’s going about his move but I don’t have an issue with him being honest at least he’s told us he wants away Gini just keep spouting about how upset he is

• 20 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM

I think it’s a load of bull, imo of course, to suggest players were lured to the club without promises of greater things. it’s realistic to suppose, given the stated club policy of non-achievement and mid-table lodging, that they were promised exposure in the Premier league and a subsequent hike in value. Rings truer than saying they just loved the idea of coming to the North East of England.

• 21 El Sleeve // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:12 AM

REPOST:

Dear Ed,

Here is a man who deserves no positive headlines. You go on and on about your IBM experience and how people should be held accountable and you write about this guy coming out well and completely let him off the hook.

The guy is the epitome of everything that is wrong with capitalism: a good old Victorian workhouse master. Some of what was revealed yesterday (women giving birth in toilets, 38 heart attacks) was disgraceful. You want politics off this blog, tough! we’re ownedby the worst type of human being curently around, the billionaire who plays the innocent fool and lacks any compassion towrds his fellow man.

If you were talking about Ashley and NUFC and your IBM experience, the mantra of “I am not involved so I don’t know, I just make all the money” through massive exploitation is really not good enough.

I am angry, livid, to be associated with this man, the fat slug, not only leeches off our beloved NUFC but also exploits his workforce.

He needs jail time, not articles with headlines about him coming out of scutiny all squeaky clean.

I expect better, especially knowing how decent and honorable the people of Newcastle are.

———————————————————————

Why are people not finding these revelations disgusting and outrageous?

• 22 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Bobby

Whilst I don’t believe a “move to a CL club” would be written in to a contract I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t mentioned as a possibility ( and of course as true as at other non-PL clubs) in swaying players during discussions. After all the PL is a step up shop window wise ( and in wages).

Club like longer contracts and hold the aces if an earlier transfer is mooted by player/agent. I suspect that this is why likes of Arsenal reportedly offering £10M for him ( and Cabaye a while ago) don’t meet our asking prices.

• 23 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Wow, if ever we needed to reinforce the stereotype of the Huffy, arogant frenchmen, then step forward Mr Moussa Sissoko. Surely people STILL defending him should really look at his words and realise he deserves no thanks, no sympathy, and no wishes of good luck. He is a major part of our position due to sub standard performances for most of the season. Off you go, don’t let the door hit you in the ar$e on the way out, but you wont avoid my boot, you snidey, stuck-up pr1ck.

• 24 Jaybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Get r of this waste of space ASAP. His unwillingness to exert himself in too many games is one of the main reasons
    we were relegated.
    If he were half as good as he says he would be a world class player. However the only thing big about him is his ego.

• 25 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:17 AM

WWSBRD, as Bob Dylan said.. ‘ times they are a changing’, or something like. I know it’s breaking some peoples hearts on here – not your good self – that Ashley has done the right thing after years of bad advice and failed models. Judging from his MP’s interview, it’s easy to see how he genuinely might not have had a clue what was happening. The point is, he first gave the club over to the board, which failed. We knew it would, but hey ho. Now he’s given it over to Rafa. Why hasn’t Sissoko come out and said ‘i was promised a move?’ He’s not usually shy, is he? If that was the case, he would have said so and hold them to it. He hasn’t – unless i’ve missed something. The model has changed, it’s maybe time the rhetoric changed.

• 26 lesh // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:21 AM

BobbyB

If you’re feeling persecuted by some posters, just bear in mind that in most walks of life, some folk have got to have a target or targets to gnaw at – whether posters, players or staff associated with the Club.

There seems to be some concern about some folk posting under different names, multi-IDs but it beats me why it should bother them. After all, it’s the multi-personae who have the psychological problems so I’m inclined to look on them with an air of amusement.

Ah, but maybe it’s not only the multi-IDs who have a problem so if you feel beyond criticism, just rise above it.

• 27 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM

El Sleeve

I watched most of the proceeding. Although he was clearly aware of most of the contract stuff and employment polocies, The disturbing thing is, Ashley himself was shocked and disgusted at some of the things that had been going on. These were serious occurences, and he was utterly unaware of them 😮 . The guy in charge totally oblivious to some of the most horrible things to happen in a business. Another symptom of promoting incompetents and dodgy characters to positions of power within his empire. He has recieved a well deserved nasty shock, and is totally at fault no matter how you look at it. A massive restructure is in order, but i don’t know if it will.have come early enough to save him
    He might have to sell up. He said so himself that it might have become too big for him. Thats what happens when you employ knackers that don’t communicate and give poor advice.

• 28 cyprus // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Bobbybee
    Legit points. Maybe the biggest point about him is that we expected too much.
    The thing is, people, Ed included, hate him so much yet they evaluate him at 20+. That’s a contradiction of terms. When you think about it.
    Ok he’s had bad games. Who hasn’t. This team is consistently inconsistent. Throughout. He scored our winning goal to stay up last year. He ran, often without result, admittedly, as much as the rest. Is he partially responsible for the demise. Of course but so are the rest. So let’s hate them all.

• 29 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM

The rest are not bigging themselves up and absolving themselves.

• 30 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Well Tsunki, you would, because it suits your mantra. Nobody made him sign for us. It was his choice. Let’s be frank, anybody coming to the PL is putting themselves in the shop window, yet nobody seems willing to pay for this one. Despite him being of such high quality – allegedly. I get that you hope the club fails, because saying ‘i told you so’ is far more important to you than the clubs success. Which exptlains why you wanted to save that post yesterday, in the desperate hope you might, at some future junction, be able to say ‘see, you were wrong and i, the great nob, was in fact correct.’ Might be a long wait. You, with your desperate ‘the present is shitty’ whilst the fair weather fans come back in their droves because they see the future as rosy. Your sad little clique is going the way of the dinosaurs – extinction. How’s your ‘duck speed?’ Watch that meteorite!

• 31 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Anyway, had my last word on him last night, and them managed to rant again this morning. So I am going to leave it now.

• 32 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM

WWSRBD

I think Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy, Janmatt De Jong Gini, and others of recent times have come on the basis of a win-win. We go on to challenge top 6 or if not they go.

Days of players coming and settling are long gone ( Bernard still here can’t think of others of top of my head) and there is nothing wrong with that. Looking as if they care whilst here should be a given though!

It also should be a win-win for us as a club if policy worked properly – we can get a sizeable fee and replace with an upgrade. Southampton for one show how this can be achieved with managers and players. Not sure for how long this can be repeated though as it doesn’t help long term stability and also growth beyond a certain point. In Southampton’s case their academy might be a little way of new products and I suspect a ceiling (real or imaginary) may have been reached.

Perhaps at long last we are moving into that scenario with total commitment? I hope so.

• 33 Yo-yo // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Sissoko got on as a sub for Kante (I think) against Scotland in the 88th minute, so even with his experience n the EPL he’s hardly first pick.

• 34 Spoof // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM

There’s a load of shyte which gets mentioned about Sissoko and consistency or a lack of it, 95% if not more of his games have been as a right winger, he is a central midfielder and when played there he is consistently good, season before last we had Overran and Sameobi out wide with Moussa in the middle and he was consistently good, Obertan got injured and Pardew left, Carver put him back on the wing as did Macca when he came, along comes Rafa who soon realised that he is best in the middle and once again we see Sissoko playing well again, why do so many fail to see this, Sissoko is quality but has nearly always been played out of position, it’s not Sissoko’s fault, it’s poor management, but now we have a manager getting the best out of him, what do we want, to sell him, are we mad or what.

• 35 WWSBRD // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Bobby
    Time will tell these new dawns happened a lot over the Ashley reign problem is they don’t last.

As for Sissoko coming out and saying they promised him this and that it’s probably because it was a handshake not a line in a contract plus why bother? He can get the same results without it

• 36 Average_Contents // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM

I can see that vein throbbing from here mark 🙂

• 37 bettyswallocks // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Bobby ……. I also got it last night too. I was alikened to Ashley as a fat,unattractive bloke with an attitude problem who posts toilet humour and mysogynistic comments. As this was out of the blue and unprovoked , I can only assume that her obsessive hatred for Ashley has turned her into a bitter and resentful man hater.

It’s disappointing for me as I was one of those that encouraged her return during exile as in my opinion she has a lot to offer and is a very genuine lover of this club . I post lots of controversial stuff on here most of it tongue in cheek either to provoke a reaction , or to tease someone but that stuff last night was venomous and downright nasty and has no place anywhere.

• 38 WWSBRD // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Anyhoo must dash enjoy ur days

• 39 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Dear oh dear if you don’t land in Mike’s revelatory new found wisdom side you are “blind with hatred” of him 🙂

Where’s the room for being pragmatic? it’s only sensible to assume that Mike is playing the PR game like he has for years and years. He used to just ignore everyone until they faded away, now he employs a pr guru to navigate through the tricky waters of higher criticism and inspection. He’s the same guy until he spends a decent few years making a new track record that’s not the old one with a Toon Tie round it’s neck.

Just be cautious people, he’s been the architect of disappointment whether by design or offhandedness right up to now, the only promising light being the appointment of Benitez so far -don’t be so quick to gulp down the sales pitch so greedily, you might end up with terrible indigestion.

• 40 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I’m afraid BandB has turned to the dark side of extreme cynicism, following the Liar from Leeds deathbed blogger days. She sees phantoms in every corner these days. I didn’t really believe the assumption that Bobby “teleported” to his hospital appointment, I think that all started when Lesh made a throwaway comment that aroused suspicion, then the spectre of the deathbed blogger was raised again.

• 41 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM

The Championship starts on the 6th August, the transfer window closes at the end of August.
    I wonder if several potential leavers such as Townsend might decide to see how things are going before they decide to jump ship.
    Just another of my boring thoughts, no comments necessary.

• 42 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Lesh, in matters of football i’ll give as good as i get, but calling somebody a liar because… what? I was out for four hours on a hospital appt? I don’t feel persecuted lol, i just wonder what the purpose of the blog is? I’ve lost count of the times i’ve left the blog because i could see exactly where it was heading. Nobody owns this blog, except Ed. Nobody has the right to drive other posters away – and they have, as others have commented. I could get drawn in, and give out for more personal insults than they do, but i don’t think that’s what others on here want. Apart from the usual morons, who love nothing better than to attack anybody who disagrees with one of them. The subject matter being of no relevance, they just gang together like bairns. Multiples? Wtf is that about? What loon would seriously bother? If they do, then pity them, but personally it doesn’t bother me. The usual comeback is ‘you wouldn’t like it if someone made up many names to attack you’. Wrong, i’m not sure that isn’t already the case for one, and why would it bother me anyway? One or the borg, does it matter? Pathetic insecure nobody’s who can’t accept more than one person finds their personal attacks boring, so therefore they must be the same person. It’s meant to be about football, yet it seldom is. Anyway, i don’t want to repeat myself so lets stick to football related matters. 😉

• 43 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:44 AM

WWSBRD

This “New Dawn” has the feel of an actual sea change if I can mix metaphors 🙂

It is the behind the scene changes in club policy that has been reported that make it more than cosmetic or a slight lurch forward like this time last year.

How else can a clamouring for ST’s in a relegation season be explained. This time last year with McClaren and a war chest of supposedly £150M in place the response we underwhelming.

“Won’t get fooled again” – well we Geordies are always optimistic by nature and it’s about time we were rewarded for our belief.

• 44 Yo-yo // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Previous thread

Ashley actually showed himself up big time in the extended ‘conversation’ he had with the Select Committee.

The discussions on ambulance callouts, woman giving birth in toilets, underpaying the minum wage didn’t really show the man in anything like a sympathetic light. He morelorless said he wouldn’t change his practices on zero hours contracts. It was clear his governance is pishpoor, just like the Toon.

Pure Gradgrind – the guy is right out of the Vicrtorian era and a disgrace to the responsible business community.

He will have to compensate the people he paid below the minimum wage, face a few pittance fines for lawbreaking but hopefully a decent markdown on SD capital value that will hit him in the pocket for a few £00 million. He deserves nothing less.

I see the Ashley apologist is even more of a lickspittle than usual this morning,

• 45 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:47 AM

Essex

It happened last time. Duff for one – having scored in our opener if I recall correctly.

• 46 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:53 AM

I had to laugh this morning when I saw that the EU registration site had crashed. I had previously said to my missus this would happen as idiotic cretins tried to register at the last minute.
    IMO they don’t deserve to get a vote whatever way they may have voted.

• 47 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Anyway there doesn’t seem to be much talk about football (same as last night as there yet another slangfest) so I thought I’d chuck in a political comment.

• 48 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Tsunki, please. Aroused suspicion about what? I went to the flaming freeman, nothing more. Please, i’m all ears. What is suspicious about that? Before launching into one of the more outlandish and ridiculous made up attacks, all people had to do was ask ‘wtf has that got to do with ANYTHING.’ Please, go back to monday and look. The magic of the blog is that it has times of when things were posted. I had to finish my last post quickly, so politely explained the ambulance was here to take me to the freeman, rather than just leave mid sentence. That was roughly half nine. I came back on at roughly half one – four hours. I fail to see why that has any relevance to anything? It’s lunacy. Can’t win an argument, so attack about hospital appts!!? You say now you didn’t believe it – believe what exactly? – but it didn’t stop you joining in. What does that say about you? I’ve never had any real grief with you, i find you quite amusing, but when you team up with the idiots, it brings you down marra. It does you no favours to join in a pathetic row about hospital times when you know it’s all bull. Hospital times!!? I still can’t get wtf it was all about. 😉

• 49 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM

Insert WAS where necessary

• 50 Rotonda heights // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:00 AM

betty

” As this was out of the blue and unprovoked , I can only assume that her obsessive hatred for Ashley has turned her into a bitter and resentful man hater.”
    – – – – – – – –

You don’t do yourself any favours do you.

• 51 carl // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:02 AM

Bobby
    Just ignore. I wonder if you saw press speculation that Lewis Dunk could be Koeman’s first signing at Everton. W BA are also said to be interested. We should make a bid now.

• 52 bettyswallocks // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Tsunki…….. I don’t think a bit of cautious optimism after years of frustration with no realistic hope of even being competetive is a bad thing. Of course we haven’t achieved anything yet but with Rafa at the helm there is hope at last.

This doesn’t mean anyone has forgiven Ashley for the shit he he has dragged the club through, but even Jail who was the blog’s most ardent Ashley hater has softened his stance now that we have a proper football manager in charge who is providing hope for the future.

However, no matter what Ashley has done to upset fans doesn’t excuse anyone making vicious, personal attacks on fellow fans due to their deep rooted , never to be forgotten hatred of him.

• 53 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:04 AM

Bobbybee- I said I didn’t believe the teleportation lark, I just had a laugh taking the mickey out of it. I didn’t even look at the time you went to hospital and back because I couldn’t give a monkeys frankly. Ease off, it’ll be the same as when you lit up in flames when I mentioned Mike yesterday.

• 54 bettyswallocks // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Rotonda …. Fair comment. I was actually only pulling your leg. Although if Townsend does leave it will be totally your fault.

• 55 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Betty, are you surprised? She’s a full blown schizophrenic who changes like the weather. She’s got this bizarre notion that everyone should be afraid of her – the do you know who i am – post saying more than anybody else could. She likes to pick rows whete there are none, just because she ain’t happy in her sad life. Then the usual suspects bail in. It’s going to be the death of the blog, but only when there’s only the usual suspects posting will Ed take the hint. When individuals pop up from nowhere to comment that the only reason they don’t post is because of the usual suspects, then you know it’s a fact. Ed should read the blog more, then he’d understand more. Oesn’t stop us from chatting football though matey, we don’t need their permission! 😉

• 56 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:07 AM

Bobby

I may be wrong and haven’t the time to look back to Monday or last night ( have been busy of late so only dipping in now and again) but I think there was some suggestion that your hospital appointment and/or your condition may have been a figment of your imagination.

Idon’t remember at all the postings around your appointment (on Monday?) as I skimmed thtough most late that night but that was the gist of what I got when I read last night’s stuff earlier this morning. If I have misintrepreted anyone my apologies to those concerrned.

• 57 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:14 AM

Tsunki, i didn’t start yesterday ffs. I don’t give a monkeys ass about Ashley, as i’ve repeatedly said. He’s the owner, like so many before. At least he’s not taking money out, like the others did. We’ll always have an owner, and i guarantee every one will be out to look after No1. It’s sport, not politics and what happens above the team has no real interest for me. Same old same old. Mega rich people don’t care about us – that’s how they get rich. Things are looking up for us at long last. Along the lines as when KK arrived and brought 50k out of the woodwork. Times to be enjoyed, not to look for fights where there are none.

• 58 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Mags, really? How sad is that? Unfortunately my condition is real and not something a person of my integrity would invent. Why would anybody? You’re all strangers to me. It was only ever brought up because i was asked why i hadn’t posted for a while. It was because my back fractured in three places for no apparent reason. I now know why it happened – osteoporosis – but only an extremely sick person would even consider i’m inventing it. Only people who’s original argument has been smashed to pieces ever resorts to totally false accusations, so i kinda get them. Losers, nothing more. THEY might be the sort to do that, which would explain why it even entered their heads, but i’m not like that. I accept my limitations, even laugh about them, but invent them? Not a chance. I don’t lie nor do i repeatedly contradict myself like they do. I wish they’d just ignore me, if they feel that way out. Lunatics make up stories like that and bigger lunatics accuse others of it. Sad sad people with no real lives of their own, which is why they try to take over the blog – because it’s all they’ve got in life. Nothing more. I might pity them if they weren’t such tossers.

• 59 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Bobby/Magscar

Its ok, it didn’t happen. I think what happened was a dig at NHS waiting lists, and they were surprised you made it there and back in 4hrs or something. I dont think anyone suggested it was made up. Thats what I saw and how in interpreted it, anyway.

• 60 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM

You didn’t start? Hmm…

Season Ticket Demand And Sales So Surprising
    4:56 pm, Tuesday, June 7th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 114 Comments

Posts 32,35,45,52,56,59,60,67,78,83 and the eloquent 107. it’s all there in it’s glory, bobby you radgie loon ha ha. All because I made a comment about how the benitez effect drew in a slew of easily tempted fairweather fans.

• 61 clinath@ed // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Tsunki….what kind of broadband have you, to get that info so quickly?:-)
    Takes my PC that time just to refresh the screen….

• 62 martoon // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Just flicking through the blog I notice Bobby is getting a lot of stick from the blog Mafia. Speaking as someone who has spent a lot of time recently in hospitals I can tell you I spent a lot of time on the free wifi posting on the blog – what is the problem with that?

• 63 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:41 AM

YCMIU

It was only some reference to Chancel that made me think there was some scepticism towards Bobby – as I said haven’t looked back at thread but that was the feeling I had. Happy if it wasn’t what I thought.

• 64 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:42 AM

YCMIU, which is exactly why i said, when it was posted, it must be something of a record. I was jesting, as was whoever first brought it up. It was only later, when the loonies couldn’t hold up their end of a discussion that it was brought up again. Something to attack me with. Pathetic. I thought myself he was digging at turn around times at the freeman – which is, to be fair, a very busy hospital – but they simply couldn’t let it go. I must be lying about everything. What sad sad little people they are. Now, if it’s fine by everyone else, i’d like to draw a line under it. I now know what was in their tiny little minds and i’ll settle for pity ahead of anger. Betty copped the same nasty vitriol yesterday as well, so we know where it all stems from. Time to move on – until they come back on and dig it up again no doubt.

• 65 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Tsunki, wrong again. It sounded like you were calling the geordie public gullible. I even said if i got that wrong, i’m sorry, which you conveniently forget. Do you recall that? The original argument was football related – ST sales going through the roof – but later on, when that argument was lost, it became a personal attack about hospitals ffs. People can read away and see the truth, they don’t need the ‘truth’ explaining to them. Now, let’s move on. You even agree it was a lunatic point, so lets call it quits.

• 66 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Ugh now it’s the blog mafia. Thanks Martoon. Look bobby I’ve no reason to doubt your infirmity and I sympathise but most of the hilarity here is precipitated by your incendiary temper and instant hammer it down deprecation of anyone with a contrary view on your pet subjects.

Most of the Mafia/borg/usual suspects are just those who don’t like your tone much.

• 67 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Yes Bobby let’s call it quits. Pity it couldn’t have been when you got to the point of instructing me to cram things up my crevice but hey ho let’s go.

• 68 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Martoon, you fricking LIAR! You’ve never been in hospital in your life. 😉 making it all up. 😉 See how easy it is? Of course, i’m the one making that up, but why let the truth spoil a good personal attack? I hope you realise that’s just me making a point and in no way a serious post. 😉

• 69 lochinvar // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Sell him by all means – to the Boro and then he wouldn’t have to move house. He could then keep them up and see the Mackems down.
    Or Burnley , I’m not fussed.

• 70 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Tsunki, let it go. The only ones i ever argue with are the same ones who argue with everyone. I discuss points forcibly, if i believe in them, but so what? Am I not allowed to disagree with the usual suspects? You can’t have it both ways. In any football related discussion, i am never the first to resort to personal insults. If i reply in kind, it’s to speak to those on a level they feel comfortable at. 😉

• 71 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Tsunki

I think the problem is that the current “colonists” i.e. those who have replaced the earlier regular posters from way back a few years ago don’t much like the”tone” of many others myself included.

It isn’t too difficult to perceive there is a Mafia, Borg, Clique,Gang whatever when you first come on here and are routinely attacked for your views or similarity to others by several like minded posters who are the “established” posting majority.

We have a chance for the Blog to move on now we can all rally behind the same cause and there are signs of that happening but some old splits remain.

• 72 clinath@ed // Jun 8, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Time 11:58
    Peace breaks out on the Blog…..” I have in my hand a piece of paper…..”

• 73 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Tsunki, maybe we were both to blame? You for your gullible geordies comment and me for not realising it was aimed at those fickle fans coming back in their droves? I did apologise if i got it wrong remember?

• 74 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Lochinvar
    Seems to me that most of the clubs we’d like to see buy him are probably hot relegation favourites so I agree Boro or CP would be my choice, just for the schadenfreude of the situation when he see’s us passing him on the promotion/relegation lift.

• 75 Mister Tuff // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Jib Jibberish – you are getting your French adjectives wrong.
    “conneries française”

Connerie is a singular noun – and female in gender ie “la connerie”> In the plural form it would be “les conneries”.

Adjectives used with nouns have to match them in terms of gender and plurality – therefore when you use francaise as an adjective to describe -conneries (its accompanying noun) it has to match it -ie it should be in the plural form ie “francaises” and not “francaise”.

• 76 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Mags, amen to that. It’s not all in my head, like some would like to believe. 😉 It does get boring though. Like i say, maybe Ed should read the blog more. He’d see what you and the rest see, not what the usual suspects want people to see. Crying shame really.

• 77 carl // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM

magscar
    Am I right in recalling that you were accused of being someone else when you first posted?

• 78 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Letting it go, letting it goooo…

Magscar, I think the state of play is that there are two ‘sides’ perceived, and the myth is perpetuated by suggesting they exist. I think all parties feel equally beleaguered.

• 79 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Magscar
    They could even follow your example and respond to genuine bloggers.

Just an innocent suggestion chaps.

• 80 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM

Tuff, you sound like a grammer school french teacher! 😉 Are you a teacher by any chance?

• 81 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:08 PM

And here’s “c”arl to spark up the fire again. Its like predicting rain in the Lake District.

• 82 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:11 PM

Bobby @73 admittedly my slack use of the term “Geordie Faithful” was not helpful. Fair do’s

• 83 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Mr T, you missed my “Bon journee” the other day. I put it there specifically for you.

• 84 carl // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Tsunki
    I represent someone who has been impacted by the very subject that Magscar raises. You were given the chance along with some loose cannons to own up to dirty tricks. As you well know it is designed to restrict free speech.

• 85 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Ccarl what dirty tricks?

• 86 magscar // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:15 PM

carl

Not at first I was simply one of NUFC’s PR department. 🙂 The multiple accusations came a little later with a specific attachment earlier this year when I got sick of it and called out the poster.

Having done so I got little or no support and was in fact not at all sympathised with for having the temerity to suggest I would go to Ed to have the false statement publicly withdrawn.

I have moved on – the worst part of the Blog hasn’t regrettably

• 87 Mister Tuff // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Bobbybee – teacher – my God no. Did go to teachers training college in the seventies though – realised it was not for me.
    No -we go to France most years, recent years, on holiday -hence the interest. I used to go to France on holiday as a youngster.
    Took a Northumberland County Council -adult learning course in French about 4 years ago – which was very good.
    Jib has mixed up his French adjectives before hence my post.

• 88 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM

Carl, i was! 😉 I didn’t get the significance at the time, but now i do. Anyone who disagrees must be a multiple. I mean, how very dare more than one person disagree? It must be all one person. 😉

Looks like we’ll be back to full houses again next season, such is the pessimism surrounding the club. 😉 Can’t wait for the season to start, but then, i feel like that every season. 😉 Football takes a huge part of my life up and my whole year has to be planned around the fixture list, like so many others. The stadium will be bouncing again and happy faces will be the norm once more. Imo we’re on the cusp of exciting things and the future is brighter than any other time under Ashley’s regime. Time to look forward, not backwards. I understand the caution expressed by some – the track record speaking for itzelf – but there is a massive change felt around the area, not just the club. Time to enjoy being a Newcastle fan again, if you fell out of love with it. New top, top manager – could we get better? – a decent squad to build upon, no fire sale, money to spend and players choosing to put right what they messed up. Happy days! 😉

• 89 carl // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:21 PM

magscar
    I thought I had read of it. Unfortunately many have just given up posting.

• 90 Oldgit1 // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:26 PM

@ Bobbyvee I was reading the blog last night and agree the aggro being aimed at you was way over the top, however, you must take some responsiblity for putting you troubles into the public domain.

Being a long standing blogger I can recall the likes of the guys from Leeds (chancel) and burnley, both were found guilty of pulling the wool over our eyes and really all they wanted was sympathy but it was us that ended up looking stupid..

Personally I can’t see the point in disclosing such details, especially a football blog of their illness, except to gain some sympathy,.as you have said this is a football blog and it should be about football and the club.

I’m sure there are load of other bloggers that have personal problems but choose not to disclose it, as they see this blog as an escape, they like the light hearted banter.

Ok you do get some idiots that take it to the extreme but mostly this site is informative, funny, and frustrating but it is EDs blog.

So can I suggest you get back to doing what you do best and write football related blogs. Leave the rants alone and ignore anybody that gets under your skin. Me included.

• 91 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Mags, you shouldn’t have had to. Don’t recall that, but maybe i was missing then with my made up osteoporosis. Ed should take notice.

• 92 Jib // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Mr Tuff
    Will you stop looking at my arse you freak !

• 93 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:39 PM

See that’s one of the problems right there. Carl makes a statement that many have stopped posting. He’s right of course, but not because of his implication that it’s because the blog has bullied them off. They probably had a shed to paint or other matters of life to attend to. And of course, many have just started blogging. Naughty carl. Tsk tsk.

If the hard done bys want to take some time out and visit other blogs they might get a taste of what a real club atmosphere feels like. 🙂

• 94 bettyswallocks // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Bobby……. Mr. Tuff’s fantasy is to be a teacher. He would dearly love to wear a gown and a mortar board and administer a damn good thrashing to all wayward bloggers with his carefully nurtured cane.

I would love to witness a certain individual receive a severe whupping with said cane, but best not go there.

• 95 Essex Geordie Bill // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:41 PM

That’s it I give up chaps, EGB has just made his last comment.

• 96 Ron Knee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:43 PM

EGB

Like Ole Blue Eyes?

• 97 Jib // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Bill
    Cannot make the blog anymore.
    He swallowed some of his Epsom salt bathwater and cannot get off the bog !

• 98 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Obviously no one is happy unless there is something to.fight about. Even if they resort to whining about the past blog issues. Why don’t people just draw a line under everything? No one is going to take the blame, so just try shutting up and moving on instead of trying to have the last word. Everyone. Please.

• 99 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:56 PM

Old git, my mistake was to reply to why i hadn’t been on honestly. I never seek sympathy, i find it embarrassing. I simply replied to a question. I don’t do blogs as a rule, this being my first attempt, so i was blissfully unaware that it would be seized upon by a bunch of morons. I didn’t see the need to hide it to be honest, we all have our problems to live with and thought honesty wouldn’t cause problems. How wrong can you be? 😉 Maybe because the idea of making up things about oneself never crosses my mind, i was a bit taken by surprise. Hence not mentioning it since. Monday i was in the middle of football related waffle when the ambulance arrived to take me to the freeman, so rather than just be rude, i simply said, ‘ambulance here, have to go.’ Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe i should have said, ‘head fell off, can’t continue’. I was being polite to those i was in the middle of a discussion with rather than just leaving without an explanation. How that then developed is way beyond my comprehension. Just sad little people looking to diss me with made up stories. They need to get a life in reality, instead of living their lives on here. I’m far from the only one fed up of it, but apparently the others are all multiples of other people, so must be wrong. There’s nothing i love more than chatting football with anybody who’ll listen. It’s my life during the season and spills over into pre season. My mistake was to mistake this for a football blog, but i enjoy chatting to the vast majority on here, so don’t see why i should give way to bitchiness from others.

• 100 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Sorry, oldgit, not old git. My error. 😉

• 101 Mister Tuff // Jun 8, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Jib Jibberish – I’m certainly not looking at your arse.
    You should not put your head above the parapet with duff info or perhaps you should not put your arse above the parapet. No difference really.

Hahahaha ———– Get in!

• 102 Offkey // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Lol, Ian leading a blog revolution with his cronies. Some things never change.

• 103 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Betty, i only asked because he genuinely sounded like a french teacher putting right a wayward student. 😉 plus, there is the obsession with spanking people… 😉

• 104 Blackley and Brownlie // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM

****************************************

Don’t get too annoyed Bobby. It’s the longer contract that means NUFC could conceivably get in excess of £10m for Sissoko. A short contract and we’d get very little.

• 105 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:11 PM

B&B, wages are always connected with the length of contract. Part of ‘the deal’. You say ten million? For the best player at the club? Shame on you. Surely someone worthy of CL football must be worth twice that? 😉 The sooner he leaves the better for me, but that’s just my opinion. Leave a rotten apple in the barrel and it soon spreads its disease.

• 106 Mister Tuff // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Jib is definitely wayward.
    I’m with Mr Tubbs on the caning issue – abuse and you shall be given a good thrashing with the cane.

• 107 Lindisfarne // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Although Penfold has a reputation for supposedly getting a deal done (despite plenty of players not crossing the line) I am interested to see how he fares this window. I imagine he will need to be quick on his feet, moving on to the next best option quickly once PL clubs start swooping.

• 108 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Lindi, not sure how it will work now. Rafa has been given total control of transfers, so he might handle negotiations? He won’t mess around, he’ll sign them if he wants them, regardless of Charnley’s input. I think the dithering days might well be behind us. 😉

• 109 Jib // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:22 PM

All of a sudden Boro are offering Daniel Ayala a new contract !

I wonder if Rafa is sniffing around ?

• 110 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:24 PM

The farting around has been the biggest problem for 10 years. If it has finally ended, then whoo, and, indeed, hoo.

• 111 Munster Mag // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Bobby, we all know u are LYING about the Freeman and could sprint faster than Moussa if the mood took you! Yes I agree about this blog. A handful of sad nutters are ruining it with non football related petty nonsense. Some of them are I assume aliases so each guy may be on here with two or more monikers. Sad bastards. Most of them don’t have an awful lot of football knowledge either.

• 112 Munster Mag // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Lindis, penfold is well able to do the deals, Its just that between carr and Ashley he was getting the wrong players or didn’t have the cash originally to get the players we wanted / needed.

• 113 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Jib, it’s not that surprising really. Rumours that Rafa and Newcastle were interested – regardless of whether it’s fact or not – must have got them running scared. 😉 We might be in the Championship, but we’ve got pulling power with Rafa at the helm and clubs realise this. Expect any of our other ‘targets’ to be offered better terms as well.

• 114 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Munster

On the other hand, there are people who do chat football, on both sides, who get aggressive when slightly disagreed with on a football matter, then play victim when called out.

There are others who seem to want to keep years-old arguments boiling, but also play victim when someone reacts.

It all needs to stop, from everyone. No one os completely blameless

• 115 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:31 PM

And i include myself, before anyone chimes in with that ;-).

• 116 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Munster, you’ve sussed me out! 🙂 Just as there’s a wind of change at the Toon, there might well be one on here too. It would be nice if it could all be settled amicably, but time will tell. I genuinely believe Ed should be keeping more of an eye on his blog though.

• 117 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Bobby

It could end. Everyone could just shut the fcuk up about all that has gone before, because we are never all going to agree or accept all the blame. My posts are almost begging for this now. I’m bored of it, surely everyome else is too?

• 118 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Munster, did you reply to my question re the Toon coming over? Are you going to get to see the match they’ve arranged? Would be nice to get an independent view on how we play, if we don’t get to see it – which i suspect we won’t.

• 119 Jib // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:37 PM

Daniel Ayala
    6’3″
    25 years old
    Signed for Rafa at Liverpool at 18.
    Learned his craft at Hull , Derby , Norwich , Forest , Boro.
    Last season was a standout for Boro – good mates with Jonathan Woodgate who was in the twilight of his career and taught him loads.
    Bring him on !

• 120 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:39 PM

Bobby/Jib

Question is, will a 25 yo player want to takena step down after just getting promoted?

• 121 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:42 PM

YCMIU, i’ve been trying to let it go all day, but it keeps happening. Hence my change of tack to more football related matters. When you get addressed personally it’s a bit rude not to respond, which might be why it won’t go away! 😉 I’m done with it and keep trying to steer the topic away. Responding to other posters makes this difficult, without being short, which wouldn’t be right. If i bring it up again, feel free to shout me down! 😉

• 122 clinath@ed // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Anyone know how England U19s got on against Mexico on Monday., and did Arma play?

• 123 Bobbybee // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:48 PM

YCMIU, good question. My opinion is he’s unlikely to, but then again, if he sees Boro as likely to be in a relegation fight and sees us as a better long term project, you never know. Granted we are down, but likely to come straight back up and push on under Rafa. That will definitely appeal to a lot of players in the long run.

• 124 Tsunki // Jun 8, 2016 at 1:49 PM

it’s a comedy show all right. We said we would move on, cue dozens of posts whining on about all the problems they’ve been having! Just shut it and move on.

• 125 TheBoss // Jun 8, 2016 at 4:36 PM

If I was Mike Ashley I would buy Gateshead FC & sell him to them for £5.00 ( God I wish ).. Failing that let Rafa NOT give him a first team squad number and dump in the reserves till Xmas…And before everyone jumps in and says , Well that a waste of money and his wages.. I say..” What have the last couple of season been by him anyway… A total waste…
    Time to stand up against these over hyped mercenaries only after the big bucks… French national team my ass , he be lucky if he plays more than 45 mins in whole tournament.. Utter Garbage…

• 126 MagpieNiff // Jun 8, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Ed… I gotta say your opinions in this article is very unprofessional… put your opinions after text not during a quote.. christ…

previous post: Mike Ashley Holds His Own In Front Of Commons Committee