It’s All So Very Sad For This Great Newcastle Player

Newcastle’s price tag on Moussa Sissoko this summer will be £20M and we suppose Moussa would agree with that price tag, but the difficult thing for him wanting to leave Newcastle is no club in their right mind would be willing to pay that for Moussa.

Even Man City who pride themselves in completely overpaying for players may think twice before paying out £20M on Moussa.

The French International has been too inconsistent at Newcastle and he hasn’t played well the last two seasons.

In fact the best he’s played is since Rafa Benitez arrived at the club in early March, but he still wants to leave because a player of his caliber and ability should not be playing in England’s second division.

No way Jose.

Moussa Sissoko France+v+Japan+International+yGjpylvV5qcl

Moussa Sissoko in action for France

He should be playing for a top club in Europe who are in the Champions League every season – like Arsenal for example.

Here are just some of the quotes from his interview yesterday with Foot Mercato – an interview he really shouldn’t have given – and some of our translations on what he is really saying:

“I grieve for myself, for the club, for my family and for many other people (but mostly for myself).

“It was a complicated season and many things happened during the season. Things are done and now it’s for me to look ahead.” (screw Newcastle).

“It is flattering that a coach like Benitez, a great coach, wants to keep me (he really knows football and that I’m so great), but I think he knows that I get to a level where playing in the Championship would be difficult for me.”

“I must continue my development.” (in other words I am far too good for the Championship stupid).

“I aspire to play for the biggest clubs in Europe and continue to be in the France team. I think he understands.”

“Today, if I play in the Championship, I forget about the France team and many other things.” (I must keep playing for France – they will be much weaker without me).

“I want to continue my career in England, at a club that plays in the Champions League, because I think the English league is the championship that best fits my style of play.” (The English league is the best and I’m the best).

What a complete load of hogwash – I feel so sorry for Moussa and the terrible plight he is in right now – I’m almost in tears.

• G

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Send him out on loan to the prem until somebody buys him. I never want to see him near our squad again. Not as good or consistent as he believes he is, and not able to take responsibility for the actions he helped create. Scumbag.

• Jib

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM

I think the Lilongwe plan should be implememented – sell the goon to Hull or Palace or even Sunderland !

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Maybe he needs to post on here with an ego that big. 20m must be right, what with him being such a top player? I mean, less than that might insult the man and god forbid we should do that. Surely anybody too good for relegation must be worth that amount, at least. So, 20m is it. Now let’s step back and wait for the queue of willing buyers to start a bidding war. I’d bring a flask if i were you. 😉

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM

What annoys me about players like Sissoko is that if they signed a twelve month contract, they wouldn’t get the excessive wages they get. They get their outrageous wages because they sign on long term. Those become the terms of the contract – you stay here for five years and we’ll pay you x amount. Then, suddenly, the contract is worthless because they, having had the big wages, don’t want to honour their side of the agreement. I’d be so so tempted to stick him with the u21’s for the season, but that doesn’t help our cause. Just sell the clown. Get rid – but not for less than such a great player deserves. If nobody is willing to pay that, then it might just be the reserves for him. 😉

• magscar

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Perhaps Townsend is waiting to see if The Great One is shipped out (rather than who is coming in) before he commits? 🙂

Surely team mates can be just as irritated if not more so than us fans at the self serving tripe he comes out with.

He needs a Brochure ala Micheal Owen – let’s pass his hat around ( it’s big enough) and make it happen.

• WWSBRD

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:39 AM

When Sissoko signed for us he will of been promised a CL team move after a couple of years now he’s been relegated

• magscar

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM

WWSBRD

It is often quoted that this was one of the selling points in getting likes of Sissoko to sign but has any CL club actually ever bid for him at a market price such as he is obviously worth.

I can’t recall any bids being turned down?

• WWSBRD

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM

magscar
    No idea maybe it’s just not come out in public but if he’s putting his neck so far out someone is telling his agent that they are interested in him (be surprised if it was Arsenal like but hey ho)

But my point is he was sold something and it’s turned into something very different. He never wanted to be at Newcastle

• Jib

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Who’da thunk it ay !
    Barcelona’s and PSG’s ardour for HBA has cooled ( if it ever existed outside his agent’s head ).
    He is probably going to that last big payday in Turkey !

• Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Playing was difficult for you full stop most of the time, Moussa. Taxi!

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:53 AM

WWSBRD, who promised him that? You do know how cheap he was, don’t you? He cost relative peanuts. He was more than grateful to sign for us and this stepping stone rubbish came entirely from places like this blog. He was in obscurity until we took him on, just another average player in an average league. He didn’t need fictitious promises to sign for us, he couldn’t sign quickly enough. I will be amazed if we get an offer of 20m for him – which isn’t unreasonable for a CL quality player. Doubt it’ll happen, because he’s nowhere near as good as the sycophants he surrounds himself with are telling him. 😉 He could always buy out his contract, if he feels he’s so good. Put his money where his mouth is.

• Jib

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:55 AM

conneries française

• cyprus

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:57 AM

So you don’t like this player I gather Ed. A bit unfair that you are building an aggressive mob. In my mind he’s one of our best players. Not an amazing player, but you can’t hate him for that. He wants out, ok, that makes sense. He’s ambitious. If he’s delusional, like Cabaye proved, who pulled off tantrums unlike this guy, then it’s his problem.

I wish him luck in his new move. If it happens.

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Mags, this nonsense about players being promised moves if they signed is, imo, a load of bull. Made up by people with a grudge against Ashley, Charnley etc. It’s never been shown to be true. We only sold Cabaye because he forced a move and PSG were willing to stump up big bucks. It’s just another stick to bash the club with.

• magscar

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM

WWSBRD

It appears that way but at the knockdown price we bought him at why weren’t other clubs in for him. Even if we caught them napping he (and agent) only had to wait a few more months before others came knocking as I recall he was then on a free ?

Perhaps even then the CL clubs weren’t impressed with his application?

On the wider point NUFC ( as to a greater extent the Mackems and Boro ) have always struggled to attract bigger names to the North East when the perceived brighter lights of London and NW are available( especially to WAGS). The Club has to be sold somehow.

We used to struggle to attract ” Cockneys” 🙂

• WWSBRD

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Bobby
    They are all promised CL moves, we are a stage not a club (Rafa may change that time will tell). The stepping stone club doesn’t come from this blog it comes from the players (former) and the club, just look how often Pardew told us we couldn’t compete and we weren’t able to keep our players, sorry mate but it’s our business model

As for him being desperate to sign for us I doubt it

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Cyprus, this ain’t an aggressive mob matey, just fans pissed off with players responsible for relegation who won’t accept any responsibility for their actions. As a player who played throughout the season, he must be partly responsible for our current situation. But not in his eyes. Everyone else is to blame, not him. If he wasn’t so smarmy about it, it might not be too bad, but the way he repeatedly whines on about how good he is – too good for us – just gets too much. You’re right that he is a decent player – but he ain’t great. If he’s as good as he rates himself, he’ll get his move – 20m ain’t too high.

• Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM

There you are, Yo – you’re talking a load of bull. Not “I doubt that” or ” I don’t think so because”.
    Hard to understand why such a jolly character gets so much stick isn’t it?

• WWSBRD

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:08 AM

magscar
    CL clubs don’t have to buy cheap mate (specially the ones in England where Sissoko wanted to play) and he was a gamble. Same could be said about Cabaye for such a cheap price and he drove us into European football

Ur right in we have struggled to attract players up north but we used to get them in and they would fall in love but really what have we had to fall in love with since Ashley came in? 1 season really

I think he’s a helmet for how he’s going about his move but I don’t have an issue with him being honest at least he’s told us he wants away Gini just keep spouting about how upset he is

• Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:09 AM

I think it’s a load of bull, imo of course, to suggest players were lured to the club without promises of greater things. it’s realistic to suppose, given the stated club policy of non-achievement and mid-table lodging, that they were promised exposure in the Premier league and a subsequent hike in value. Rings truer than saying they just loved the idea of coming to the North East of England.

• El Sleeve

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:12 AM

REPOST:

Dear Ed,

Here is a man who deserves no positive headlines. You go on and on about your IBM experience and how people should be held accountable and you write about this guy coming out well and completely let him off the hook.

The guy is the epitome of everything that is wrong with capitalism: a good old Victorian workhouse master. Some of what was revealed yesterday (women giving birth in toilets, 38 heart attacks) was disgraceful. You want politics off this blog, tough! we’re ownedby the worst type of human being curently around, the billionaire who plays the innocent fool and lacks any compassion towrds his fellow man.

If you were talking about Ashley and NUFC and your IBM experience, the mantra of “I am not involved so I don’t know, I just make all the money” through massive exploitation is really not good enough.

I am angry, livid, to be associated with this man, the fat slug, not only leeches off our beloved NUFC but also exploits his workforce.

He needs jail time, not articles with headlines about him coming out of scutiny all squeaky clean.

I expect better, especially knowing how decent and honorable the people of Newcastle are.

———————————————————————

Why are people not finding these revelations disgusting and outrageous?

• magscar

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Bobby

Whilst I don’t believe a “move to a CL club” would be written in to a contract I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t mentioned as a possibility ( and of course as true as at other non-PL clubs) in swaying players during discussions. After all the PL is a step up shop window wise ( and in wages).

Club like longer contracts and hold the aces if an earlier transfer is mooted by player/agent. I suspect that this is why likes of Arsenal reportedly offering £10M for him ( and Cabaye a while ago) don’t meet our asking prices.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Wow, if ever we needed to reinforce the stereotype of the Huffy, arogant frenchmen, then step forward Mr Moussa Sissoko. Surely people STILL defending him should really look at his words and realise he deserves no thanks, no sympathy, and no wishes of good luck. He is a major part of our position due to sub standard performances for most of the season. Off you go, don’t let the door hit you in the ar$e on the way out, but you wont avoid my boot, you snidey, stuck-up pr1ck.

• Jaybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Get r of this waste of space ASAP. His unwillingness to exert himself in too many games is one of the main reasons
    we were relegated.
    If he were half as good as he says he would be a world class player. However the only thing big about him is his ego.

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:17 AM

WWSBRD, as Bob Dylan said.. ‘ times they are a changing’, or something like. I know it’s breaking some peoples hearts on here – not your good self – that Ashley has done the right thing after years of bad advice and failed models. Judging from his MP’s interview, it’s easy to see how he genuinely might not have had a clue what was happening. The point is, he first gave the club over to the board, which failed. We knew it would, but hey ho. Now he’s given it over to Rafa. Why hasn’t Sissoko come out and said ‘i was promised a move?’ He’s not usually shy, is he? If that was the case, he would have said so and hold them to it. He hasn’t – unless i’ve missed something. The model has changed, it’s maybe time the rhetoric changed.

• lesh

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:21 AM

BobbyB

If you’re feeling persecuted by some posters, just bear in mind that in most walks of life, some folk have got to have a target or targets to gnaw at – whether posters, players or staff associated with the Club.

There seems to be some concern about some folk posting under different names, multi-IDs but it beats me why it should bother them. After all, it’s the multi-personae who have the psychological problems so I’m inclined to look on them with an air of amusement.

Ah, but maybe it’s not only the multi-IDs who have a problem so if you feel beyond criticism, just rise above it.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM

El Sleeve

I watched most of the proceeding. Although he was clearly aware of most of the contract stuff and employment polocies, The disturbing thing is, Ashley himself was shocked and disgusted at some of the things that had been going on. These were serious occurences, and he was utterly unaware of them 😮 . The guy in charge totally oblivious to some of the most horrible things to happen in a business. Another symptom of promoting incompetents and dodgy characters to positions of power within his empire. He has recieved a well deserved nasty shock, and is totally at fault no matter how you look at it. A massive restructure is in order, but i don’t know if it will.have come early enough to save him
    He might have to sell up. He said so himself that it might have become too big for him. Thats what happens when you employ knackers that don’t communicate and give poor advice.

• cyprus

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Bobbybee
    Legit points. Maybe the biggest point about him is that we expected too much.
    The thing is, people, Ed included, hate him so much yet they evaluate him at 20+. That’s a contradiction of terms. When you think about it.
    Ok he’s had bad games. Who hasn’t. This team is consistently inconsistent. Throughout. He scored our winning goal to stay up last year. He ran, often without result, admittedly, as much as the rest. Is he partially responsible for the demise. Of course but so are the rest. So let’s hate them all.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:27 AM

The rest are not bigging themselves up and absolving themselves.

• Bobbybee

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Well Tsunki, you would, because it suits your mantra. Nobody made him sign for us. It was his choice. Let’s be frank, anybody coming to the PL is putting themselves in the shop window, yet nobody seems willing to pay for this one. Despite him being of such high quality – allegedly. I get that you hope the club fails, because saying ‘i told you so’ is far more important to you than the clubs success. Which exptlains why you wanted to save that post yesterday, in the desperate hope you might, at some future junction, be able to say ‘see, you were wrong and i, the great nob, was in fact correct.’ Might be a long wait. You, with your desperate ‘the present is shitty’ whilst the fair weather fans come back in their droves because they see the future as rosy. Your sad little clique is going the way of the dinosaurs – extinction. How’s your ‘duck speed?’ Watch that meteorite!

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Anyway, had my last word on him last night, and them managed to rant again this morning. So I am going to leave it now.

• magscar

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM

WWSRBD

I think Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy, Janmatt De Jong Gini, and others of recent times have come on the basis of a win-win. We go on to challenge top 6 or if not they go.

Days of players coming and settling are long gone ( Bernard still here can’t think of others of top of my head) and there is nothing wrong with that. Looking as if they care whilst here should be a given though!

It also should be a win-win for us as a club if policy worked properly – we can get a sizeable fee and replace with an upgrade. Southampton for one show how this can be achieved with managers and players. Not sure for how long this can be repeated though as it doesn’t help long term stability and also growth beyond a certain point. In Southampton’s case their academy might be a little way of new products and I suspect a ceiling (real or imaginary) may have been reached.

Perhaps at long last we are moving into that scenario with total commitment? I hope so.

• Yo-yo

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM

Sissoko got on as a sub for Kante (I think) against Scotland in the 88th minute, so even with his experience n the EPL he’s hardly first pick.

• Spoof

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM

There’s a load of shyte which gets mentioned about Sissoko and consistency or a lack of it, 95% if not more of his games have been as a right winger, he is a central midfielder and when played there he is consistently good, season before last we had Overran and Sameobi out wide with Moussa in the middle and he was consistently good, Obertan got injured and Pardew left, Carver put him back on the wing as did Macca when he came, along comes Rafa who soon realised that he is best in the middle and once again we see Sissoko playing well again, why do so many fail to see this, Sissoko is quality but has nearly always been played out of position, it’s not Sissoko’s fault, it’s poor management, but now we have a manager getting the best out of him, what do we want, to sell him, are we mad or what.

• WWSBRD

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Bobby
    Time will tell these new dawns happened a lot over the Ashley reign problem is they don’t last.

As for Sissoko coming out and saying they promised him this and that it’s probably because it was a handshake not a line in a contract plus why bother? He can get the same results without it

• Average_Contents

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM

I can see that vein throbbing from here mark 🙂

• bettyswallocks

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Bobby ……. I also got it last night too. I was alikened to Ashley as a fat,unattractive bloke with an attitude problem who posts toilet humour and mysogynistic comments. As this was out of the blue and unprovoked , I can only assume that her obsessive hatred for Ashley has turned her into a bitter and resentful man hater.

It’s disappointing for me as I was one of those that encouraged her return during exile as in my opinion she has a lot to offer and is a very genuine lover of this club . I post lots of controversial stuff on here most of it tongue in cheek either to provoke a reaction , or to tease someone but that stuff last night was venomous and downright nasty and has no place anywhere.

• WWSBRD

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:37 AM

Anyhoo must dash enjoy ur days

• Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Dear oh dear if you don’t land in Mike’s revelatory new found wisdom side you are “blind with hatred” of him 🙂

Where’s the room for being pragmatic? it’s only sensible to assume that Mike is playing the PR game like he has for years and years. He used to just ignore everyone until they faded away, now he employs a pr guru to navigate through the tricky waters of higher criticism and inspection. He’s the same guy until he spends a decent few years making a new track record that’s not the old one with a Toon Tie round it’s neck.

Just be cautious people, he’s been the architect of disappointment whether by design or offhandedness right up to now, the only promising light being the appointment of Benitez so far -don’t be so quick to gulp down the sales pitch so greedily, you might end up with terrible indigestion.

• Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I’m afraid BandB has turned to the dark side of extreme cynicism, following the Liar from Leeds deathbed blogger days. She sees phantoms in every corner these days. I didn’t really believe the assumption that Bobby “teleported” to his hospital appointment, I think that all started when Lesh made a throwaway comment that aroused suspicion, then the spectre of the deathbed blogger was raised again.