Newcastle Confirm Second Friendly Game

Newcastle United will play Doncaster Rovers next month at the Keepmoat Stadium on Wednesday, 20th July for a 7.45pm kick-off.

That comes just four days after our first friendly game against Bohemians on Saturday, 16th July, with a 2pm kick-off against the League of Ireland Premier club in Dublin.

That follows a week of training in County Kildare, Ireland.

Doncaster Rovers FC

The last time we were in the Championship was the last time the team played at the Keepmoat Stadium on Tuesday 23rd March 2010, as we were steamrolling towards automatic promotion and we won the game 1-0 with a second half Andy Carroll goal.

After being beaten 3-0 at Derby on 9th February, 2010 Newcastle won 13 of the remaining 17 league games and drew the other four – 43 points from a possible 51 points to finish off the season in a sprint to the finish and 102 points and first place in the Championship.

Rafa Benitez has said he doesn’t want too much travel in this pre-season as he concentrates on getting the team ready for an assault on the Championship.

We could see a number of local friendly games leading up to the Championship kickoff on Saturday August 6th.

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:47 PM

Anyone know how England U19s got on against Mexico on Monday., and did Arma play?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Suppose getting used to the Yorkshire climate is a good idea before a season in the champs.

• Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Got to our last home game in the champers against this lot real late due to Jordans book signing at the Metro. Found out the glum silence was because we were a goal down. Second half, cue Andy Carroll and his left foot volley ha ha.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:53 PM

Clinath

I cant find the result anywhere. Not even on the official england site. Saturdays defeat is the most recent.

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Clin, England lost 1-0, Arma wasn’t even a sub, so hope he’s ok. Even woody was benched for this one. If ya don’t pick the right players, you can’t expect to win! 😉

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Lin, they were just friendlies to try out a few things. Clearly it didn’t work coz we lost both games. We know why marra! 😉

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Woody and arma played in saturdays defeat. They’re in mexico, though, so it isn’t easy. I suspect youths don’t travel well. I would think if mexico u19 came here we would beat them twice.

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Well found, bobby and tuff. I couldnt find ot at all.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Thanks chaps. uprising news Arma not playing. Lets hope he’s only being rested before the the summer Tourno…

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:01 PM

uprising???? Surprising!!

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Uprising!!!! Arma didn’t play……DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF TING, TED!

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Clin, like uprising better! 😉

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Don’t FKN start again…..just getting used to the peace and quiet lads.
    My keypad is 5 mins ahead of my screen ATM….hence the typos.
    Its quicker to get to the hospital and back than it is to type anything decent out….;-)

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:08 PM

YCMIU, aye, mexico isn’t the easiest place to go and play football, it takes some getting used to apparently. Got to say I’m looking forward to the U19’s tourno every bit as much as the Euro’s. Virtually this same squad – although not all – won the U17’s last time around. Well worth a watch.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM

lost me smiley emoji 😉

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM

…ah there it is.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM

Clin. 😉 Actually i have the same problem with my tablet. I thought it was a fault at my end, but maybe it’s not. Takes the letters a while to catch up with what i’m writing and sometimes won’t reload without going back a page. Sound familiar?

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM

Clinath

We will be tripping over your dropped emojis 😮

• Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Yeah Eds page drags a bit what with naff videos trying to spark up and the ad blocker working like a navvy to find off the popups.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:22 PM

I like emoji, helps confer a joke in case offence may be taken.
    Might be helpful on here….though I think they were frowned upon a while back. 😉

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:23 PM

Tsunki, that’s a relief, i thought my tablet had a problem. 😉

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM

took 2 goes and 10 minute to get that Gem out….carrier pigeon would have been quicker.

Agree Tsunki

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:26 PM

Clin, nowt wrong with a smiley to convey your mood.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM

Yes mate, normally a very happy boy me. Though I was put in a grump for being called sanctimonious….had to look it up ;-(
    Only slightly better than imbecile from a couple of weeks ago…hey ho.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Switched to iPad….much better.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Clin, you’ve never come across as either of those to me. Keep smiling marra! 😉

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:35 PM

Back to Ed’s subject matter. Wouldn’t mind starting the new season with 13 wins and 4 draws in the first 17 games. Happy days.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:43 PM

Clin, can’t wait for it all to start. Being unbeaten for the first 17 games would suit me as well! 😉 Last relegation season was really enjoyable if i’m honest. Loved it. After watching so many losing matches, it’s always nice to see the lads kicking ass. Dunno what Rafa has in mind for cup games, but a good run would be nice, especially if we can draw the mackems in one. Rafa’s unbeaten in our derby games after all! 😉

• bettyswallocks

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:45 PM

I am a hay fever sufferer for my sins. Every year when the pollen count is particularly high my eyes start streaming and I end up rubbing them furiously even when screamed at not to. I also sneeze a lot which irritates everybody. I have tried all the medication but none of it seems to work. Just saying like.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Do one betty, you’ll get no sympathy on here. 😉 Never bothered me, but wor lass gets it so i can relate to your plight. When does yours usually ease off? Hers usually wears off mid summerish, but others struggle all summer. More reason to get round to the season starting eh? 😉

• Back Door Man

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM

magscar … I was interested in what you posted at lunchtime today about being part of the NUFC PR Dept whilst contributing here.

Were you directed to infiltrate this murky undercurrent swirling beneath Fatso’s size elevens like some beautiful Soviet era spy ordered to sleep with a NATO general, or did you join for laudable reasons? Judging from your post your time as a NUFC spin doctor is in the past?

I may have missed earlier posts about this but this is a genuine post to find out if the  management coterie were involved in ‘dirty tricks’ here.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Never suffered from the dreaded hay fever myself. Though lately I have found my left eye watering a lot. Any ideas?

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:56 PM

BDM, it was just a malicious rumour marra. 😉 mags ain’t no spy.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Clin, have you tried not poking it? 😉

• bettyswallocks

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Bobby….. It kills me until late September. I mean it really is a pain and stops me staying outdoors for any length of time which is a real nuisance if there’s a barby going on. It can get so bad I end up sitting alone in a darkened room but I’m not one to complain so I just get on with it.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Yeah Bobby, looking forward to the season coming. Regardless of what league we’re in I like watching my team doing well. Winning isn’t everything, but it helps.
    Cups are a lottery really, get a couple of easy draws the all of a sudden everyone is interested and up for it.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:59 PM

Have to remember to take the straw out of my Cinzano….

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Clin, seriously, you might actually be suffering from mild hay fever after all. Over the counter remedies will sort out most mild attacks, it’s the serious attacks that cause problems. I imagine it’s difficult to drive if you can’t stop sneezing!

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Beat nice to go the whole season unbeaten in the championship! 🙂