Here’s One Reported Target Who’s Not Coming To Newcastle

We were surprised that Newcastle were even interested in former Middlesbrough midfielder Lee Tomlin this summer, after Lee had a tough time of it at AFC Bournemouth last season.

He was sent out on loan to Bristol City in January, after playing only 10 times for Bournemouth with one goal.

The 27 year-old did quite well at The Robins scoring six goals and getting a couple of  assists in 18 total appearances for the club.

lee tomlin on loan at bristol city

Lee Tomlin – heading to Bristol City

Lee is available this summer and has been linked with Newcastle, but Sky Sports News is reporting they believe the former Peterborough forward is heading to Bristol City on a permanent deal.

We couldn’t see anything in Tomlin’s background that would make Rafa Benitez want to sign him for Newcastle this summer, but there again we were probably never really interested in the player.

Here’s the tweet put out by Sky Sports.

• Novocastrian66

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Good.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:54 PM

For some reason, I have an aversion to heavily-tattooed players. I suppose I just think they can’t be too bright. It’s an indefensible point of view, I concede that straight up.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM

ToF,
    Have you seen that little Belgian freak, he looks like one of the Street Fighter game characters

• carl

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Waltzing Matilda

• Bobbybee

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:03 PM

TOF, is tattooistism the new racism? Lmao! 😉 You might be on a losing campaign there matey. Cue the hovis theme and ‘when I were a lad, only sailors and criminals had tattoos…’ Got to agree that some go completely OTT, but i suppose it’s their body and their choices. Must confess though, I’ve got an old Mighty Magpies tatoo on my upper arm. Had to have it there when I was 18, or you couldn’t get into places with a tattoo showing. How times have changed eh marra? 😉

• Belfast

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM

He always looks overweight to me. Reminds me of the fat Irish player Andy Reid. He likes a bargain bucket.

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Geez… what a game…..unlucky lads great effort but well done to the poms on a clean sweep.

Had to get an aussie coach to kead you …..lol

• Bobbybee

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:09 PM

I never believed for one second Rafa had his eye on this lad, despite numerous articles insisting he was to be our first signing. Simply not good enough.

• lesh

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Jib

The Last Word’s interesting but I ain’t listened to it for a while. Why you ask if I had been?

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Lee Tomlin

Second rate journeyman, mackem standard

• The overrated Frenchman

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Jail – yeah, can’t pronounce his name, but there’s n’s and g’s in it I think

Bobby – like I said I can’t justify it, just one of those silly prejudices which we probably all have, whether we admit it or not. I had an uncle who couldn’t stand fascist dictators – we’re all different

• Bobbybee

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Expat, when was the last time that happened mate?I don’t follow rugby, but I know you lot generally beat us. Is a series to nil as rare as I think it might be?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM

ToF,
    What a coincidence, my Granny couldn’t stand fascist dictators.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM

She didn’t like Mike Ashley either mind.

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Bobby

Never before. England hadnt beaten Australia on our turf before this series. They have done well.

Mind you, NZ would take some beating.

• Bobbybee

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:15 PM

TOF, 😉

• JAMSHA

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Breaking Nufc Have Signd Abeid

• Bobbybee

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Expat, wow, that is a shock then, I hadn’t a clue it was a one off. Impressive. At least you can be gracious in defeat, which I find is becoming harder and harder to find. Respect.

• Bobbybee

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Jamsha, really? He’ll do well in the Championship for certain. Where did you hear this news marra?

• Thump

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Behave, Jamsha. Still a sale that baffles me, though.

• JAMSHA

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Bobbybee

Well I Was Just Kiddng, But I Do belive Of those 4 players Abeid Will Be 1, An I realy Hope Its Him, Good Replacement For Tiote And Saviat

• JAMSHA

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Thump

In Rafa We Should Belive :p

• expatmag

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Bobby

Easy being gracious when the best team won overall mate. Engkand were a class above throughout but I see NZ won their 3 match series against Wales 3-0 by beating the Welsh 46-6 tonight.

They are a class above everyone

• Bobbybee

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:53 PM

Jamsha, 😉 ya booger, had me there matey. Like you, I think it might be one that could happen, which might explain why I fell for it. 😉 He would be a good replacement for Tiote like.

This wales v NI has all the makings of a real derby game. I expect some really tasty tackles and the game to be played at a high rate. On paper, Wales have the better side, but we all know that’s meaningless in these games. Either way, one british side guaranteed to move into the QF’s. The strength in depth of our top three leagues is self evident.

Anyway, off to watch the swiss game. Enjoy it if you’re watching. Glad the footy’s back on. 😉

• Jib

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Lesh
    The guy that produced the Kris Kristofferson Waylon Jennings landmark LP did last week and was featured on Last Word.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM

Are NI British, part of the British Isles but not Great Britain, ROI are not British despite being part of the British Isles.

• Graeme

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:17 PM

It is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Great Britain = England, Scotland Wales.

• lesh

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:36 PM

Thanks for that update on The Last Word. Missed it! I’ll keep an eye on Radio 4 Extra.

If you’re a fan of those guys, BBC4 tv had a couple of programmes featuring the Highwaymen – the four of them, their musical history and their coming together as a band. That was followed by a 1990s concert. Four country music superstars playing together. It really was a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts – each showing mutual respect to the others. You might be able to pick it up on the BBC iPlayer

• lesh

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Jib, or anyone else that’s interested, here’s the BBC link to The Highwaymen, Live.