The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Announce Fourth Pre-Season Friendly

10:43 am, Saturday, June 25th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 47 Comments

It’s been rumored for some weeks now but Newcastle United have finally announced they will travel to Belgium to face KSC Lokeren in a pre-season friendly on Saturday, 23rd July.

The game will be played at the Daknamstadion in Lokeren

Lokeren is located in the Belgian province of East Flanders, for a 4.30pm kick-off – local time – and it will be Newcastle’s fourth pre-season friendly announced so far.

Lokeren are managed by former Belgium boss Georges Leekensand and the club was founded back in 1923.

Here are the first team pre-season friendlies so far arranged.

ClubLocationDate and KickoffResult
BohemianDalymount ParkSaturday, 16th July
Won 6-0
Doncaster RoversKeepmoat StadiumWednesday, 20th July
Drew 2-2
KSC LokerenDaknamstadionSaturday, 23rd July
Won 4-0
Southend UnitedRoots Hall
Tuesday, 26th July
Won 2-0
SBV Vitesse St. James ParkSaturday, 30th July
3:00 pm
Won 3-2

The club have said that further ticket details for July’s friendly against KSC Lokeren will be announced on the Newcastle web-site in due course.

Tags: Friendlies · Newcastle News · Other News · Pre-season

47 responses so far ↓

• 1 Our Toon // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:02 AM

The strange thing is people don’t actually know what they have voted for with brexit. Free movement between countries in Europe and the UK will still exist as Boris said yesterday, we will still trade with the EU and more importantly we will end up paying more to do this. People assume immigration will instantly be resolved with leaving, the NHS will no exist, Boris, Gove and the Racist Farage have all previously favoured privatisation of health care system… they get what they want.

As for the money we’d apparently save which has now been back tracked, it’s just cost us 250billion to try to bring back stability, that’s 20 years worth of what we would have paid to Europe.

For me personally as a business owner I have to make a decision, the options for me here in Newcastle are limited now as I trade around the world and being in the EU made that easier, some clients werent to keen to trade yesterday as the value of the pound plummeted, I’ll be making 50 people redundant in Newcastle and closing this office down whilst continuing to operate from my Europe and this will become our HQ. This isn’t something we will consider until January as we will try to ride it out here and see what the markets will do but ultimately it’s the youth of this country we’ve let down!!

• 2 Ron Knee // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM

73% of voters under 25 wanted to stay in the EU.

• 3 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Membership of the EU cost each adult citizen about 3 quid a week.
    C’mon England whitewash those Wallabies !!!!!

• 4 NezzaNUFC // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Our toon

I run my own business in the UK and Europe and it hasn’t effected me!

Then again I’m online and it’s better resources, don’t forget Switzerland had this problem at first and look at them now, second richest country in the world.

So I have my own business and rich but I voted out because it will be better for businesses and the UK, we are out of the EU not Europe.

• 5 NezzaNUFC // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:20 AM

Also I would to mention that the £ raised up by 2.4% on Friday and reports state it hasn’t been this high in 4 months!

2 days already and it’s improved!

• 6 NezzaNUFC // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Ron knee

It’s obvious that the younger citizens have no care about the future as to why they voted in.

• 7 Our Toon // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Don’t compare us to the Swiss, it’s a tax haven hence why they are so rich, the rich move to Switzerland and spend big. As for the UK we haven’t left the EU yet, article 50 hasn’t been evoked yet and Boris wants us to wait before evoking it, when that happens it’ll truly hit the fan

• 8 Our Toon // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Nezza the pound and markets rallied after 250 billion was promised by the bank of england

• 9 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:27 AM

• 10 Ron Knee // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:28 AM

People who voted for Brexit were almost twice as likely to believe that climate change does not have a human cause.

• 11 NezzaNUFC // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Our toon

It won’t though, businesses trade can negotiate with other countries.

It shouldn’t effect our business which I don’t understand why it’s effected yours already?

Chin up though mate you will pull through.

• 12 Our Toon // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:31 AM

Cheers Jib, it’s a blog, 9 times out of 10 I couldn’t give a hoots as to what the spelling of certain words are….but thank you for bringing that to my attention

• 13 Our Toon // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:35 AM

Nezza depends on what kind of business you are as to the affect. The decision has been made and I’m hopeful we’ve made the right decision….I do feel both campaigns were run on lies though. As I’m writing this Nigel Evans leave campaigner has just said immigration won’t be reduced it’ll just be controlled, we never said it’ll be reduced.

Anyway wish you all the best in your business mate need more of them in the North

• 14 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Anyone see Zee Zee Top at Glastonbury ?
    Bill Gibbons is 66 FFS !!!!!!

• 15 Novocastrian66 // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Our toon. I’m not a business man however your decision appears to be a bit of a knee jerk reaction. You do not know the terms of our exit and yet you’ve made a decision. You need to understand what the outcome of the negotiations are before you can make an informed decision.
    By the way I voted remain. It’s sad it has come to this however the EU have ignored the British people for too long and this is the result.
    The European big wigs didn’t see this coming and are now in a panic.

• 16 lesh // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM

They’re all getting on. Willie Nelson was in is hid eighties when he appeared on the legends spot.

Speaking of legends – ELO? Legends? They’ll be having the ferkin Smerfs up next!

• 17 lesh // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:54 AM

It’s not cast in stone yet and maybe there’s scope for renegotiation – if Boris and his nasty right wing chums are put in their box!

• 18 expatmag // Jun 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Hmmmm…tbink I came on the wrong blog…..Has Rafa been replaced already??????? Who is this coach called Boris?????? Russian, is he?

• 19 lesh // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:00 PM

You’ve got contacts in high places. How about a word with Eavis and get him to bring Kris Kristofferson over for next year’s Legends spot – before he joins his fellow Highwaymen, Johnnie Cash and Waylon Jennings in the celestial super group.

• 20 Thump // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:07 PM

@Our Toon: I think we’ll have a similar agreement to Norway, Iceland etc. in which we’ll have access to the single market, but won’t have a say on the laws, nor the customs, and any discussions about adopting the Euro is dead in the water before it’s even suggested.

There’s also the agreement that Canada is trying to get into which I think is largely the same as what Norway etc. has.

Either way, after watching what Boris Flintstone’s reaction to the successful vote, it looks like he didn’t really want to leave so maybe he wants to use the advisory vote as leverage to renegotiate a better deal with the EU.

Outside of politics, though: I guess this is going to be good for British football?

• 21 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:11 PM

That’s my worries – Boris prime minister with IDS, Fox, Gove as his right hand men – we’ll be heading for a ultra right wing Tory government.

Stuff the NHS, welcome to Britain the new Tax haven for tax avoiders and no money will go to the regions.
    gerrymandering the voting boundaries. I cannot see labour or anyone else getting in for the next 20 years.

Should have another referendum on Proportional representation.

Shows football gossip is slow talking about everything but the TOON though

• 22 Ron Knee // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:11 PM

Has anybody signed the online petition?
    “We the undersigned call upon HM government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75%, there should be another referendum.”
    More than one million signatures so far.

• 23 expatmag // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:12 PM

British football?

Aahhh there is a novelty

Wallanies 18-17 up at half time

• 24 expatmag // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:12 PM

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:15 PM

Can we please stick to slagging Ashley and moaning about the lack of signings. Facebook is a hotbed of Brexit talk with a whole host of recently qualified politicians, fill your boots on there.

• 26 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:18 PM

Have you been listening to Last Word on Radio4 ?

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:18 PM

I can understand Jib’s asking will it affect signing EU players in the future but I really don’t want someone’s views on a subject we all know little about every time I come on the blog.

• 28 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:20 PM

I worked with a bloke who had Wally Knees
    England 22 Ozzees 18
    soon to be 24 – 18

• 29 Ron Knee // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:20 PM

A letter to The Times:
    “Sir, it is now surely unthinkable that we can continue to call our country the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
    “The only thing uniting us is our currency. Perhaps Poundland would be more appropriate.”

• 30 Novocastrian66 // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Ron; Where is that petition?

• 31 Ron Knee // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM

• 32 Bobbybee // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM

What a shockingly arrogant statement, to say people don’t know what They’ve voted for our toon. Do you know how much research people did when deciding to vote? No. With the western powers running around the world bombing people into ‘democracy’, whether they want it or not, the EU is as far from democracy as you can get. Most people i’ve spoken to voted out because we are ruled by faceless, unelected suits in Brussels who answer only to the corporations. We voted how we chose to vote because it was a right. How on earth it’s had an effect on you already when it’s not even been implemented yet – and won’t be for a while – is frankly, unbelievable. But then it’s not all about you, is it? Nor me. It’s about what we feel is best for the country, despite every corrupt political party demanding we vote to stay. Maybe now politicians will consider the voting public and the power we have, before lying to us again. I’m genuinely sorry if you feel brexit has hurt you, although it’s far too early to say yet in reality, but to say we’re all stupid and have no idea what we’ve done is extremely insulting to intelligent people. Every decision in Brussels is in favour of the rich corporations and against the man/woman in the street. Maybe now politics will be run by the people for the people and not snotty nosed public schooled puppets. They now realise they have to listen to us and stop railroading us into decisions we don’t want. A great day for Britain and democracy.

• 33 The overrated Frenchman // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:28 PM

My impression from afar is that the “leave” voters were primarily libertarian-type conservatives, and people from right across the social strata who have issues with non-Caucasian migrants. It seems like a bunker mentality to me, but I’m not there. My daughter who lives in London was shocked by the result because there was a strong “stay” feeling amongst the people she works and mixes with, who are largely business orientated.

• 34 Belfast // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Jail what’s yer views on global warming like ??

• 35 expatmag // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:32 PM

Some game this is

55 minutes in…..25 all

• 36 Novocastrian66 // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:34 PM

Cheers Ron.

• 37 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:34 PM

“Every decision in Brussels is in favour of the rich corporations”

Not quite true.

Remember the pub landlady in Portsmouth who was showing PL footy on Greek Satellite?

Brussels supported her against that fine example of Australian decency – Rupert Murdoch !

• 38 Jail for Ashley // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:36 PM

It’s a hot topic!

• 39 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Blooming heck Aus32 – Eng31

17 minutes to go

• 40 Bobbybee // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM

That’s my last comment on the subject. We’ve voted and that’s that. If the remains had won, there would be no talk of another vote and nor should there be because they lost.

As for what really matters, I don’t expect us to sign players we’ve been associated with. I see Tomlin – the first player Rafa allegedly wanted – is moving to Bristol City. He’s not the first and won’t be the last imo. I expect Rafa to keep his cards close to his chest and signings in general to be a pleasant surprise. We may get one or two we’ve been linked with, but I’d be surprised if we don’t get players we didn’t imagine. Rafa will do us proud, I’m sure, 😉

• 41 Thump // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM

@Bobby: You really think that? It was tight enough that if Remain had won I think it would be the same (only with pencil conspiracies and Farage throwing a strop).

Not too fussed about Tomlin, to be honest. Not exactly prolific and don’t rate him too much in the middle of the park.

• 42 martoon // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:51 PM

I’m not a rugby person but this Eng v Aus is a cracking game – nip & tuck all game.

• 43 Bobbybee // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:53 PM

Jib, token gestures marra, but not that important in the greater scheme. Anyway, stop it! 😉 I said my piece and want the blog to return to football matters. What’s done is done and we live with it. Please don’t draw me back into brexit, because it’s rude for me not to reply. That said, I would appreciate it if nobody asked me my opinion on the subject any further. The arguments are literally never ending and I for one don’t wish it to drag on and on. Football? All day. Politics had to be discussed pre vote, but now I wish to move on. Others may wish to carry it on and that’s their choice. Feel free.
    Does anybody else agree Rafa might shock us with his signings?

• 44 Jib // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Bobby – Eldon Sq this morning

• 45 Belfast // Jun 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM

They’re taking the piss with that petition like haha
    It’s Great Britain not North Korea.

You have a democratic vote and who ever gets the most votes wins.

What next ? best of three ?? 😉

• 46 lesh // Jun 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM

That rule must be attractive to the tories. After all, they’re keen on laws to set percentages on trades union votes.

That’s democratic in their eyes so the petition proposal must be acceptable….. mustn’t it?

• 47 lesh // Jun 25, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Jib. The Last Word? What’s that about?

previous post: Interesting Update On Florian Thauvin’s Situation