The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Wantaway Winger – Legendary Newcastle Didn’t Deserve To Go Down

2:36 pm, Tuesday, June 28th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 13 Comments

We don’t expect Florian Thauvin to be at Newcastle United too much longer, with the club trying to sell him this summer, and if Newcastle cannot do a permanent deal they will send him out on loan, as long as the loan club pays all of his wages.

It’s a good question whether Florian will be reporting back to pre-season training this week, but Florian has revealed a little bit about what’s going on and it seems his agent is in constant communication with Newcastle – and probably that’s Rafa Benitez or maybe Lee Charnley.

florian thauvin northampton

Florian Thauvin – Newcastle have always been professional with me

Florian has been interviewed in Marseille newspaper La Provence today and he has addressed the rumors surrounding him:

“My agent has had discussions with Newcastle and is still doing so. Newcastle have always been professional with me.”

“It’s a legendary club in England who didn’t deserve to go down. I felt for my teammates and the fans after they got relegated.”

“That was hard for me. I know what I want. We’re continuing talks with the club, but that stays between us. I respect Newcastle and those in charge too much to publicly discuss the situation.”

“I know OM are thinking about it. As I’ve always said, Marseille will always mean something to me. Of course, you can’t ignore their interest.”

“It’s up to Marseille or Newcastle to communicate on the matter. My agent is in talks with many clubs, but it’s not up to me to say something.”

“For now, I’m a Newcastle player.”

That’s about the level of detail Florian should be talking about with his current situation – not saying too much and leaving it to his agent,. Newcastle and other clubs to sort out his future.

It’s good he’s being respectful of Newcastle United and that shows some maturity and it’s also in his best interests to act that way.

Tags: Coaching · Contracts · Florian Thauvin · Management · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jun 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Thats actually all fair enough. He isn’t beimg a d1ck about it so fair play.

• 2 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM

Everton boss Ronald Koeman is set to sign goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, 33, who spent last season with his fellow Dutchman on loan at Southampton from Fulham. (Liverpool Echo)

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Jun 28, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Charlie,
    I saw Van der sar at Humberside airport last Wednesday.

• 4 Mister Tuff // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Jeremy Root – stop your mischief and trickery – you will never aspire to be top dog of the blog – your clear intentions if I may say so.
    You have been outed – we know your games and machiavellian mischief.
    It is a blog for ordinary Toon fans – not some facility for you to further your risible writing career (don’t give up your day job) and to try and demonstrate your superiority over other folk. Because you say you read the Times (like Ian Toon -mmm coincidence?) does not make you better than other folk on here.
    Now stop your mischief and trickery.

• 5 AncientC // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Jack Root // Jun 28, 2016 at 2:24 PM

“jayphoto
    I read Jamie Carragher’s autobiography Carra. He mentioned that when Benitez replaced Houllier in 2004 he was faced with a number of poor, overpaid players but that he really didn’t do a lot better than his predecessor in the transfer market. Robbie Keane was a costly mistake and this was confirmed by Virgin Trains newspaper advert saying a Liverpool to London return faster than Robbie Keane.”

Ian Toon // Mar 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM

“Jib/Cyprus – yours earlier this morning. What might we expect from Benitez?

Soccernomics show a case study of bad transfer policy and they look specifically at Liverpool from 1998- 2010. Manager”s during this period were Houllier and Benitez. Big fees without ever seriously threatening to win the league. Carragher in hia autobiography provides a dolefully comic commentary on a number of signings with Fernando Morientes the greatest disappointment being a yard off the pace.
    Benitez replaced Houllier in 2004.and he encountered a number of poor, overpaid players but with expectations as great as ever. In 2008 Robbie Keane left Spurs for £20 million and left L’pool six months later to go back to Spurs at a loss of £8 million. At the time Virgin Trains placed a series of newspaper adverts that said ” A Liverpool to London return faster than Robbie Keane”. “

• 6 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Was Benitez also not involved in getting players such as Garcia, Kuyt, Reina, Mascherano, Bellamy, Torres, Alonso and Arbeloa ?

The Liverpool board also stopped him from signing Barry, Aguero and Dani Alves ! He was also speaking to Suarez a few seasons before they signed him!

Any of them would have been Toon legends and would have walked into any of our sides !!

• 7 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:27 PM

That was also years ago pretty sure Benitez has much better contacts and a much better idea of what we need !

Hes already addressing one issue today getting a competent keeper who can kick a ball for a change !!

• 8 SA Toon // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:32 PM

The lad’s showing a bit of class in my view. Personally, I think he got a bit of a raw deal at SJP and I would’ve liked to see whether Rafa couldn’t get something more out of him. It’s probably too late now though.

• 9 martoon // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:35 PM

AncientC @5 – A brilliant bit of detective work there.
    On the subject of transfers all managers have signed a few duds in there time but that list by LCBP@6 is pretty impressive.

• 10 Mister Tuff // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Ancient – Ian Toon will now suddenly appear protesting his innocence.
    I have read over the years the offerings from the Master Multiple and cited many, many features which would leave only one conclusion to be drawn – it is the same author.
    Cannot understand it – just taking the p*** out of Toon fans and spoiling the blog when he knows folk will challenge him. Any decent person would desist.

• 11 Jail for Ashley // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:46 PM

AncientC,
    To be fair loads of people have read Carra and specifically remember the bit about Virgin trains, loads of people call Jinky Jimmy Smith ‘Jinky’ and say yer right. Loads of people might say that Stones is the best thing since ‘Rio’, not Ferdinand but Rio. Loads of different people read Kipling and John Irving and use some of them as their usernames, all coincidence and a terrible mix up.

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Jack Root, Ian (c)arl, you’ve been sussed on numerous occasions, just give it up and stop causing bother.

• 13 lesh // Jun 28, 2016 at 3:52 PM

Jack Root

Don’t want to get involved in your spat with Mr Tuff but I need you to help me understand a minor point.

You said, a couple of threads back, that you hadn’t posted for a while. Yet you go on to tell your friend Mr Tuff that if he stops mentioning you (the Jack Root that hasn’t posted for a long while?), you’d stop referring to him.

Now if you (JR) haven’t posted for a while, you surely couldn’t have referred to Mr T.. or could you?

previous post: Some Of The Best Matz Sels Saves – Video