Dwight Gayle Arrives In Newcastle For Medical – Four Photos

Here are pictures of Dwight Gayle arriving for his medical at Newcastle Airport to compete his £10M move from Crystal Palace to Newcastle United.

The signing will probably be announced tomorrow – all being well.

Bournemouth midfielder Matt Ritchie is expected to be the next one in after Dwight – for something in the range of £10M to £12M.

dwight gayle arrives yes

dwight gayle in newcastle 4321

dwight gayle in Newcastle

dwight gayle arrives dim

• jazzyp

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Excuse me while I contain my excitement !!

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:50 PM

I’ll reserve judgement on this one

• ToonInPlym

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:17 PM

I would have liked to have seen us sign David Goodwillie on a free from Aberdeen.
    He’s just signed for Plymouth, he’s gonna tear league two right up!

• TheBoss

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Geez.. It beats me why all the negativity against new signing of a perceived less talent…
    NEWS FLASH.. How many millions have we wasted in last couple of years alone on so called Superior players..?.
    Give me players like Gayle every time , 100% effort every game , heart & desire to work with a world class coach even if it means dropping down a division and a possible drop in salary..
    We can all spout possible different player names but do they have the same qualities that Rafa is looking for.. I would prefer Anthony Knockhart from Brighton to Matt Ritchie. But I would not dream of slagging Matt Ritchie off if he does sign.. Get behind the players , the club & Rafa and we might just go up…

• U.S Magpie

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Lets look at the bigger picture here, Dwight is fast, really fast. I think Andre may be going the other way which means Rafa has been very smart with this one. We sell Andre for the 13 Million and we get two players in for 2 Million. Yes that right Two Million, we get Dwight in for 10 Million and the new keeper reportedly for 5 Million for the total of 15 Million. Not bad business I think because if Tim goes to Everton then we already have the replacement money to be used for another CB. With Richie possible coming in I can see both him and Dwight on the wings popping balls into the box for Mitro to get his head on the end of. Playing Arma up there with Mitro would be a great idea for the loose balls.

• dazza

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM

I know I represent the minority on this one but I am very satisfied with this signing. As TheBoss states, you know what you get with Gayle, fast, hungry, and total effort. Three massive qualities lacking form our team last year. He has real potential. Will be star in the champ and shown he can score goals in the prem. With confidence and guidance he could be a gem for us.