New Signing Cannot Believe He’s Made It To Newcastle

In 2011 Dwight Gayle, then a 20 year-old striker was playing for Stansted FC in the  Essex Senior League and the new signing for Newcastle today has told nufcTV he would have laughed if you had told him back then that in a short five years he would be   playing for Newcatsle United – one of the iconic football clubs of England.

dwight gayle 87

Dwight Gayle – ecstatic

This is what Gayle told nufcTV in  his first interview on Tyneside:

“If you’d have told me that I’d be signing for Newcastle then, I’d probably have laughed and told you were a liar, but to finally be here, on the route I’ve come, is a great achievement,”

“I just want to crack on now, perform, and get the goals to push us back up.”

“I’m ecstatic really. It’s amazing to be at a big club like this and to come from where I’ve come, is just a dream come true. There’s a massive fanbase and a great history here, so it’s amazing to be here.”

“From Stansted I signed for Dagenham and went on loan to Bishop’s Stortford. I had a great season there and I loved it, thoroughly enjoyed my time there.”

“The next season I joined Dagenham and started well there again. I pushed on to Peterborough and had a great time in the Championship, and then went on to Palace, where I’ve been for the last three years.”

“Coming the route I did makes it that bit more special. I appreciate it that bit more. When I go back to see some mates and go back to watch my old teams, you just notice how far you’ve come, and that’s when you really cherish it that bit more.”

“Looking back, there’s been some extremely good forwards here, and the fans do love a good striker.” “If I can follow them and be half as good as some of them, then I’ll be OK.”

“I’m quite good at finishing, I suppose. I’m quite quick, and I’m going to give my all and work hard for the team, and try my best every game.”

“You want to get to the 20 mark, and that’s the first stage you want to get to. You go into each game trying to score, but the main aim for us is just to get promoted – that’s going to be the main idea.”

“It’s a massive club, and I don’t see us not being at the top of the table of there or thereabouts. I’m looking forward to it and hopefully I can help push the team that way with my goals and my performances.”

We have a feeling that Rafa Benitez can quickly get the best out of Dwight and that the gifted 25 year-old can score a lot of goals for us next season.

Sounds good to us.

We understand the fee was £9M for the former Crystal Palace striker.

• G

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Glad hes here, pace and finishing, 2 aspects we are short of.

• Ben-Arfa11

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:02 PM

If dwight gayle is half the player bellamy was for us then we be doing good.

Mitrovic and gayle new shearer and bellamy partnership who knows ?

What I do know is I wouldnt worry about townsend or any other player leaving us as we have made the signing of the summer already and thats rafa benitez..

Townsend couldnt stay one season in the championship but a champions league winning manager took the step down because he is loyal and has dignity unlike u mr townsend.

Funnily enough crystal palace is based in lodon what a surprise ha im sure that had nothing to do with your choice atall its not like ur dating hazel o sullivan who would love the bright lights of london.

We did well to get rid tbh we need fighters and loyal and commited people and we already got two in ritchie and benitez

Howay the lads…

• Average_Contents

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Sounds like his heads screwed on right at least.

Probably why Pinnochio sold him. Can’t be having none of that eh!

Hope he’s what we need but I have my doubts.

Good luck and here’s hoping you dispel those doubts that I’m sure many others hold too.

Hwtl
    Hwtf
    Fatty out.

• Ayozeserious

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Ritchie just confirmed on snapchat

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM

So, after all this time it finally comes out – Jail for Ashley was the man behind SBR’s sacking by FFS. Shameful 😉

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hope he’s better than he was in Eastenders.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Jib……. I was just reading back and saw Expats gutless post threatening to try and get you banned. Unbelievable that so called grown men feel the need to behave like little girls. Maybe there’s some explanation there.

I was recently trying to obtain a visa for Oz. and they were asking how long was my intended trip, was it business or pleasure etc. Then they asked did I have any previous criminal convictions, to which I replied , I didn’t think they were needed any more.

• firebug666

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:12 PM

AC @4

I’m with you I have my doubts, but I trust Rafa to know what he is doing, and to get the best out of whatever squad we end up with. Let’s hope that will be enough for the fizzy pop league, and that he will have plans in the pipeline for the future of the club.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:13 PM

Sky Sports Breaking News.

Newcastle sign Midfielder Matt Ritchie from Bournemouth on a 5 year deal.

Brilliant news.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Tsunki …… Yes, it appears he was involved in the SBR sacking in some capacity. Don’t know to what extent but there’s normally no smoke without fire.

• Average_Contents

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Welcome Richie.

Well rafa seems to be working the charm big time. Granted, gayle wasn’t playing regularly but he still dropped down a division.

Did someone mention that Richie wasn’t getting in the Bournemouth team towards the end of last season too but he’s dropped down also.

From what jamestoon has said on him he’s going to be a shrewd bit of business.

Hopefully.

• LGFUAD21

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM

People need to lay off Townsend.

He’s above the Championship and he did his job last season.

I’d rather us loaned him out. But you cannot blame him for wanting to play in the Prem.

I just wish it wasnt Palace.

It’s ok, but he’ll suffer under Pardew’s management. Pards will be gone by Christmas and who knows who they’ll get in to replace him.

We shouldve negotiatied a buy back clause though.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:28 PM

LGFUAD21

I wouldn’t worry about Townsend, he’ll be back with us by January transfer window.

Ha ha ha

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:29 PM

I wonder if we’re buying British now beause of pound being worth much much less. Maybe it’s too expensive to buy French players anymore. We should spend big now before the upcoming recession brings it down even further.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM

Townsend’s just a slightly better version of Obertan anyway, haha. Just thought I’d revert back to my original opinion now he’s gone to Palace.

• expatmag

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:39 PM

BETTY

I see you are trying to take over JIBs mantle of the blog village idiot.

• firebug666

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:40 PM

We may feel aggrieved that Townsend has abandoned ship, but he has done what he feels is best for him, no more and no less than any of us would have done.

We all look for the best deal for ourselves, if buying or selling something, or negotiating a contract, or making a deal with someone.

Townsend had done just that, he is thinking of his England carrier as well as club football, and he wants to be in the premiership.

So do we, but it will take us another season, I wish him well. Gutted he has gone like but hold no malice towards him.

• carl

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM

expatmag
    So you are relinquishing the role!

• expatmag

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Loyalty in football is exceptionally rare these days. I dont blame the lad for leaving.

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Easy there expat I’m not giving up my mantle that easily 🙂

So, Betty, do you think JfA was the guy on the Grassy Knoll?

• SPRINGY

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM

so who’s next in or out the door?….with the players returning to training today if there is any unhappy players then there will no doubt be a few stories doing the rounds over the weekend….be prepared!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Some of Richies goals some crackers in there

• expatmag

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:53 PM

TSUNKI

No worries mate. Watch your back though. Carl appears to be making a move for your mantle now….lol

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:53 PM

it’s a revolving door at SJP atm. Exactly what I expected and indeed hoped for under Benitez. A good spring clean, get rid of the old mentality, hangers on, inept fudgers and poor scouting, training and medical setup. A new broom.

About time too.

• firebug666

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:53 PM

I see Ben Arfa has signed a 2 year deal with PSG. Good for him, hope he does well.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:56 PM

Expat……. I’m sorry for the joke. Please don’t get me banned as well.

• carl

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Yes Expat – “all we need is tinkering”.
    You’re not on the Leicester City blog- hello, hello. Anybody there?

• Jib

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM

• Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Expat why do you insist on threatening the best members of this blog (ie the ones who speak sense) when you have such awful input yourself?

• NUFCPaul

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Actual Andros statement – ‘I came to your club due to the fact that nobody else was really interested in me. I was in the Spurs’ reserve team and had a reputation to rocking the boat. Luckily you took a chance on me and I played well enough with Newcastle to get back into the England team. Sadly you were relegated and I was one of the first rats to jump ship because I don’t give a damn about which club I’m playing for due to my total lack of loyalty. I hope you can all understand that footballers are mercenaries these days and forgive me. Don’t bother thinking about booing me when you next play Palace because I’ll definitely be ‘injured’ that day. Thanks (not really).

• Tsunki

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Yes that’s the lazy, useless, non-tracking Ben Arfa with the terrible attitude that Pardew froze out to Hull. What a waste of space that player was. Only good for the likes of PSG.

• Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:03 PM

See expat even PPB agrees with me. I’ve not seen you here before PPB but I guess by your name you’ve been away for a while lol

• carl

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Expatmag
    Stop playing lapdog to Tuffism as the conclusion is you’re guilty by association.

• Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Hey no problem carl I just can’t stand when guys come on here just to attack and disagree with the same posters all the time. It’s clear he has an agenda here.
    Also wouldn’t be surprised if he has duplicate accounts

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM

I hope that Andros Townsend has bought the wingback’s guide to tracking back.

• Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM

To be fair I don’t think ben arfa was ever suited to the English game at all. He should do well if he’s rotated into the current psg team.

• carl

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Lee Charnley- Very accurate finishing he sees opportunities very early. Left footed but uses space on both wings well. Very positive.

• bettyswallocks

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Tsunami…. I don’t really want to say too much about Jail’s predicament other than to say he is conspicuous by his absence and should at the least offer some sort of explanation.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM

@33,
    It can’t be blog suicide for Ian and his merry gang surely.