The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Announce Fifth Permanent Signing – Isaac Hayden

10:17 am, Monday, July 11th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Great news – Newcastle have announced the signing of Isaac Hayden on a five year deal.

The news has just been put up on the Newcastle website and it looks like another terrific signing for the club.

isaac hayden newcastle

New signing Isaac Hayden

Here’s what the club has just put out on the signing – which is permanent!

====

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Arsenal defender Isaac Hayden.

The 21-year-old, who can also play in midfield, has agreed a five-year deal at St. James’ Park and has joined up with Magpies’ on their training camp in Ireland.

Hayden came up through the ranks at Arsenal before making his debut in September 2013 in a League Cup tie against West Bromwich Albion.

The England Under-20 international spent last season on loan at Hull City, making 24 appearances as the Tigers won promotion from the Championship via the play-offs.

====

This is what Hayden has said:

“Newcastle is a massive football club and to be given the opportunity to come here and progress my career is fantastic,”

“Being at Arsenal was a great experience, I learnt a lot there and have a lot to thank them for, but I needed to move on and so when Newcastle came in for me I jumped at the chance.”

“I am still young but I want to get as many games under my belt as I can and help the team bounce back to the Premier League.”

Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez added the following:

“We continue with our plan to bring in players who are hungry to succeed and prove themselves, which Isaac really is.

“He is also a player who can play in different positions, which is very useful.

“Isaac is a young, strong English player with fantastic potential but also with some experience already of the Championship. We welcome him to the Club.”

The fee is thought to be £2.5M and the lad will now jet off to join his new team-mates in County Kildaire, Ireland.

This is a very good signing for Newcastle as Rafa continues to reshape the Newcastle squad.

What do you think?

Tags: Isaac Hayden · Newcastle News · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 martoon // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Ed is copying my posts again 🙂

• 2 WWSBRD // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Good signing…I think, could be a real coup

• 3 martoon // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM

As I was so rightly corrected by Jimmy on Saturday I’ll repeat for the older readers
    “Who’s the black private dick
    That’s a sex machine to all the chicks?
    Shaft, ya, damn right”

• 4 Jib // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:26 AM

martoon
    Ed quite often picks up on posts and makes them into articles.
    Some of us don’t do a Jail or Mr Tuff impression and crow what clever lads we are .

• 5 Spoof // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Sky were saying earlier that it was a loan deal but it has now been confirmed that it is a permanent deal, I can’t say if it’s a good deal or not as I have never seen the lad play, has anything been mentioned as where he is expected to play for us, has he been bought as a CB or as a defensive mid ?

• 6 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:36 AM

I Sly Sports got that one wrong…

Express reporting ….Jordon Ibe stalls on Bournemouth move: Liverpool winger waiting on West Brom and Newcastle

• 7 jib follower // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Tosh and poppycock i say

• 8 G // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Is he wearing red tights?

• 9 Whumpie // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Very chuffed with progress in this window. Not only does it show we now have a good man and his team pulling the strings, it shows that man has been given all the right strings.
    If Ashley can keep this up and stop treating his employees like slaves he may yet redeem himself…
    Yeah. More coffee…

• 10 nut meg // Jul 11, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Spoof
    It’s been reported over the last few days that he’s coming in to play as a DMF.

• 11 lesh // Jul 11, 2016 at 11:18 AM

So much for Sky’s reporting then. To be taken, like the rest of the media, with a big pinch of salt!

• 12 skhwoody // Jul 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Exciting times at Newcastle again, finally. In Rafa We trust.

previous post: Sky Sports Report – Hayden Will Be Loan Signing For Magpies