The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sissoko’s Emotional Tweet Translated – Thanks Newcastle Fans

8:42 am, Tuesday, July 12th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

This long and emotional tweet from Moussa Sissoko’s Instagram account has doing the rounds on the Internet over the last day – but unless you know French it doesn’t mean much!

We have translated the message so Newcastle fans in particular can read what Moussa had to say after finishing the Euros with France being the better side, but losing 1-0 in extra time to Portugal in Paris last Sunday night..

There’s no doubt Moussa gave two fantastic displays for France in both the semi-final and final which has helped raised his transfer fee to something north of £35M – if he is to leave Newcastle this summer.

Here is a translation of that emotional message from Moussa, in which he takes time out to thank the Newcastle club and their extraordinary fans:

To all of you, The Euro ended yesterday evening, not as we hoped, not as you all expected.

We felt your incredible support and I take the time to thank you all. I want to thank the Aulnaysiennes Aulnaysiens and for their continued support.

Aulnay-sous-Bois, in my story is the starting point, this is where it all started, and I will never forget! My attachment and gratitude for MA are eternal.

I forget not your faces, you are in my heart all. To my mother, my father, my sisters, my nephew.  They are my first circle, my protection, my happiness, my pride, my circle of love.

Their indestructible support makes me happy and serene. I love you all. To my son I love him without limit, Kais – he is the source of my strength, my motivation, my energy.

Affection, kindness and love are my life engines. One day he will be a man. Today and tomorrow, he will be my baby.

To my teachers, my coaches, Aulnay-sous-Bois, the Red Star through Toulouse and Newcastle.

You taught me football, respect, discipline and love the game. I have a thought for you all.

To my agent, my confidant, my uncle, Bakari. Always there for me since the beginning – his energy and good will fill me.

Thank you to him and his partner Seran Diabaté to be at my side.

At my Newcastle club that allowed me to progress and discover the English league.

And its extraordinary fans who have always supported me. I say thank you to all.

Finally, the French and the French who helped us achieve this great run. These faces and smiles will be forever etched in my memory. Your posts also hit me.

You may be forever thanked, these are the streams that tomorrow will be the river of our victories.

The word thank you is too small for you pass because you have provided us happiness and emotion.

Thank you all!

We did not win the title. But I hope that our team has earned your trust and your hearts.

For us it is also one of the greatest victories of this Euro2016!

Moussa Sissoko.

Tags: Euro 2016 · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Other News · Tweet · Twitter

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ron Knee // Jul 12, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Repost

We have talented Wijnaldum and Janmaat and semi-talented Sissoko, who apparently all want to get away because they believe they’re too good for the Championship. We should sell them to make way for players who are committed to the NUFC cause.

• 2 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 12, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Kais obviously doesn’t get to many Newcastle games…

• 3 lukes26 // Jul 12, 2016 at 8:54 AM

Ive always criticized sissokos unwillingness to defend, but I dont understand why he’s become a villainized scapegoat on this blog

Its like some sort of hysteria on this blog

• 4 check the toastie // Jul 12, 2016 at 8:58 AM

I agree, luke, Folk have lost the plot.

• 5 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 12, 2016 at 9:03 AM

Giimps,
    Ignore club football then, Moussa has played more times for France than Pogba, Pogba has 6 times the number of goals and more assists. Moussa doesn’t have an end product to match Pogba. Pogba had a poor tournament, but has been a huge player for Juve over the last few years with consistent goals and assists. Moussa has been a huge let down at Newcastle. He got 1 goal last season, Gini was out of position and managed 11 in a season where he has been criticised for only playing in home matches.

It will be interesting to see how Moussa does if rumours are correct and he goes to Juve, I’d imagine he doesn’t weigh in with as many goals or assists as Pogba.

Btw, saying he isn’t anywhere near as good as Pogba is hardly a criticism. Pogba has been one of the form midfielders in Europe over the last 2 or 3 seasons. To not measure up there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyway, Pogba’s fee of 100million also contains a 25million payment to his agent, so the actual transfer fee minus agents fee is only 75million. Not entirely sure why the agent fee is being included in the transfer fee when this is discussed, they aren’t normally. I guess it is a way for Juve to appease fans by saying how high the fee was.

• 6 giimps // Jul 12, 2016 at 9:04 AM

Lukes,
    Mainly because he, as well as quite a few others have been hiding this season, he has gone on to show how he can play ,the effort, hard work, skill and drive has been missing for most of the season yet is shown to all the world in front of the TVs cameras and bright lights…….the come and get me sign and quotes made to Wenger and others stick in a lot of people’s craw.
    If it was gini who was in th Euros doing this, the same feelings would apply to him, to a lesser extent since he was succesful in his 1st season…….though in too few games

• 7 giimps // Jul 12, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Lilongwe ,
    Time will tell with Moussa and Pogba, I just hope we get a decent fee for him, what do you think will happen re the so called agreement fee of £25m?
    Even that fee at the end of the season would have seemed ludicrous after the season he had…….now though, I would be disappointed to only get that after seeing the prices some other players are being touted at.

previous post: Newcastle Training – Photos From Ireland