The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Sissoko Fee Complicating This Potential Newcastle Deal

7:07 pm, Thursday, July 14th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 23 Comments

A few days ago a fee of £35M was put on the head of Moussa Sissoko – supposedly by Newcastle United –  after Moussa had two of the best games of his career for France in the semi-final and final of the European Championships.

Unfortunately France were unlucky to lose 1-0 after extra time to Portugal in the final to give the Portuguese their first ever major Championship ever.

But then when Rafa was interviewed on Tuesday of this week on nufcTV in Ireland he said there was no fee put on Moussa’s head because he simply didn’t want to sell him.

glen hanley

Grant Hanley in Scotland’s colors

But it seems like Blackburn manager Owen Coyle has picked up on the £35M fee and is suggesting that Hanley is therefore worth a lot more than the £4.5M fee Newcastle have offered.

This is what Owen Coyle has recently said about his captain Grant Hanley and Newcastle’s latest £4.5M bid for him:

“For me, that is nowhere near the valuation of Grant Hanley.

“We don’t want to lose him, we’re not trying to sell him and nobody here is saying ‘bring me bids.’”

“I can’t stop other clubs from admiring our players, because I do it with other clubs myself.”

“I’ve seen the other day I think Newcastle were at £35M for Moussa Sissoko, and he is an outstanding player, but please don’t then offer me £4.5M for Grant.”

The news is that Blackburn want £6M for Hanley but that doesn’t sound as if that would be enough – given what Coyle has said above.

Owen’s probably looking for closer to £10M and Newcastle are unlikely to want to pay that, especially if we went in with an initial bid of just £3.5M.

If we were to hazard a guess we would say Newcastle will not be able to sign Hanley because Blackburn will want too much for him.

That maybe why we have been linked with a few other center-backs today including 31 year-old Fulham center-back Fernando Amorebieta and 23-year-old Serie A Swedish center-back Filip Helander from Italian club Hellas Verona.

What may possibly help Newcastle is that Hanley is said to be very keen to move to Tyneside and work under manager Rafa Benitez.

We should have an answer on whether Newcastle will be signing Hanley within 48 hours at most.

23 responses so far ↓

• 1 welshgeordie9 // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Ffs is this ever going to end, Sissoko too Hanley to Sissoko back to Hanley.

• 2 Toonmania // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:21 PM

I’m not sure this is the case, it’s just that NUFC haven’t offered what Blackburn value there player at, which I would say would be around £6 million Given that Newcastle would have been told by his agent what the value was and it was probably £6 to £7 million Newcastle then went in with half that as a starting figure
    They will probably settle at around £5.5 million + add ons

• 3 Jib // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Welshie
    You aren’t very patient are you ?
    The window has been open for exactly a fortnight today – it is open for a further 7 weeks
    Chill the f@ck out man !!!

• 4 Belfast // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Lequipe saying Sissoko is off to Dortmund. Fingers crossed it’s true.

• 5 WWSBRD // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:37 PM

Can’t fault his logic

It’s a good distraction for our other business though

• 6 Belfast // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:38 PM

Probably spelt that wrong but i’m sure you know the one I’m on about lol

• 7 welshgeordie9 // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Jib

It would be nice if we have all of our signings in now so they have a full pre season under their belts, so when the season starts every player know what they have got to do and also they know how each other plays, I’m sure Benitez said the same, couldn’t care if there’s 7 weeks, why wait later on for them all to gel when they can do it now.

• 8 Jib // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Belfast
    Just one of many linked

• 9 ShirebrookToon // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Hanley is the new Charlie Austin this transfer window lol

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Jul 14, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Toon Mauritius,
    The only Championship football I watched was two minutes of Middlesbroughs highlights on Look North every Monday.
    What’s Rafa playing at, he hasn’t got round to sorting out the box office staff yet, wants to pull his finger out.

• 11 SPRINGY // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:02 PM

i doubt there will be any incoming transfers till rafa back,…seems to have gone very quiet since they went to ireland apart the usual sissoko and hanley rehash…not else of any real substance….does anyone know if setanta ireland has the game on sat?

• 12 Jib // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:15 PM

I think the game will be on one of the RTE channels.

• 13 loonie-toon // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:22 PM

Ibe signed for Bournemouth 15m

• 14 Belfast // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:29 PM

There’s a dodgy email scam doing the rounds at the moment if you’ve got a PayPal account watch out for it. I got one today.

Remarkably legit looking, basically a carbon copy of a PayPal receipt saying you’ve paid for a 3 month Skype subscription and a PayPal link too click on if you haven’t authorised this payment.

I assume your bank account gets emptied when you click the link and login to what you think is PayPal but is some bloke in Ugandas website lol

Very nearly got me to be honest.

• 15 Belfast // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Apologies about that lol it’s freaked me out all day how close I was too being fooled 🙂

• 16 Belfast // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Probably one of those eejits from the email cabal jib. Tsunki the scammer.

• 17 ShirebrookToon // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Cheers for that Belfast I’ll look out for that. People are now walking around waving the phone about like idiots today. I thought they were trying to get a signal where as Infact they’re trying to catch Pokemon lol

• 18 geordie157 // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Just buy Duffy instead, Coyle won’t want as much for him but he’s potentially the better playe

Or Dunk or Flint will do.

• 19 Belfast // Jul 14, 2016 at 8:52 PM

I compared it to a normal PayPal receipt like and it’s an extremely good copy. It will probably fool a lot of people.

And I’m not in the Pokemon crew thankfully 🙂

• 20 Yo-yo // Jul 14, 2016 at 9:16 PM

Belfast

Interesting scam.
    There are dozens of Paypal scams – I get at least two a week.
    They are actually fairly easy to identify as the sending account is usually suspect. I forward all mine to spoof@paypal.com.

• 21 Wayayman // Jul 14, 2016 at 9:26 PM

On the Paypal scheme, I’ve had conversations with Paypal about this and they advise that they put the name of the account holder in the actual content of the email. So if it says ‘dear customer’ it’s a fake. If it says your name, it’s likely to be official BUT their advice is to never click on any links in any emails and instead go to your account via the internet browser and typing the Paypal address in manually.

Hope that helps.

• 22 nufc 11 // Jul 14, 2016 at 9:30 PM

Much prefer Shane Duffy to Grant Hanley available for 2 million aswel.

• 23 loonie-toon // Jul 14, 2016 at 9:57 PM

The friendlies comming up does anyone no if any of them will b on live stream on YouTube like the match in USA last year ??

previous post: Defender Reveals How Players Handled Disastrous Relegation