Rafa Sky Sports Interview – I’m Enjoying Every Minute

Here is a Sky Sport interview with Rafa Benitez today and it sounds like Keith Downie is interviewing the Newcastle manager.

Rafa is busy training the squad in Ireland and preparing his troops for the first preseason friendly tomorrow against Bohemian at Dalymount Park in Dublin.

During the interview Rafa says he’s enjoying every minute in his new job at Newcastle as he was told about 33,000 season tickets being sold and he was talking about just how good the Newcastle fans are.

rafa-benitez-ireland-246x300

Rafa Benitez – loving every minute

Rafa also says that Lee Charnley is in charge of the transfers and the business side of things at the club, so Rafa cannot talk too much about the transfers or the status of any one of them (he was asked about Grant Hanley) at the moment.

But he is contact with Lee every day.

Here’s the interview.

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:15 PM

I think it’s time to let De Jong go, whether it be bad luck or whatever I cannot see this lad coming good at the club at all. It’s been pretty bizarre. Cut our losses and move on.

Shelvey is looking in good condition, I hear he has lost a stone in weight. I’d start him and make him captain for this campaign. He is certainly showing the right attidude working over the Summer with a personal trainer.

I’m expecting this Hanley to sign, we are putting quite the effort in for him. Im just not sure if he will be good enough for the Premier League come next season. I think he will hold his value though regardless so no problems there.

• Jib

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Bobby

Sorry I’m in Sunny Spain and a bit out of touch myself.

Ed has warned posters generally about sticking to footy related matters.

Folk have noticeably calmed down

I think some may have been subjected to moderation.

• Bobbybee

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Cheers jib. Thought i’d noticed a change in attitude of certain posters – for the better i may add. Let’s hope it lasts. That said, tuffty keeps having a dig at arma in the hope of winding me up. I’m looking through a pane of glass that’s less transparent than he is though lmao! I mean, why would the opinion of someone who’s never even seen him play bother me? I find it incredible to believe he’s actually my age. Still, let’s hope we can now put it all behind us and concentrate on what matters.
    How’s Spain treating you marra? All that sunshine must be so boring. 😉

• Spoof

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Bobbybee

Well done, from a neutral point of view as I tend to stay out of the arguments you have possibly just kicked it off again due to having a totally unprovoked attack on another member !!!!!!!

• geordie157

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Will be interesting to see what Rafa does with Thauvin and to a lesser extent Gouffran both look to be enjoying the training etc and despite the critics both can play a part this season.

Also is Haidara simply working on recovering from injury or is he seemed surplus to requirements, remains a little baffling that Elliot is in Ireland but Krul isn’t.

Reading between the lines I think the players in Ireland will be kept whilst krul, riviere, haidara, vuckic, bigi and ameobi will leave.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM

I wonder if thauvin will stay, seems to be happy in the photos of him in training and Gini as well.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:48 PM

I think we have got the strongest squad in the championship and that’s without adding another 3 or 4 players.

• welshgeordie9

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Is this squad stronger than the last one that when down, time will tell i guess.