Sissoko In Another Crazy Interview – Gives Himself 10 Out Of 10

Sissoko has given a very long interview in France Football today and he talks about a lot of different things, but mainly about himself – as per usual.

He is asked about different French players and the manager Didier Deschamps and he gives his opinion on them, but it’s when he talks about his immediate future where we think he is completely out of line.

moussa sissoko france

Moussa Sissoko – another crazy interview – it’s all about him

He makes it very clear he thinks he’s simply too good for Newcastle and wants to play with top players at some big club.

He seems to just get carried away with himself  and basically his complete disregard for the club he currently plays for is disrespectful.

And these comments will further alienate him from Newcastle fans and will be a test of any manager’s patience.

This is some what he has said in France Football:

“My priority is to stay in England even if I’m not against going to search for a new challenge elsewhere.”

“I particularly want to play with big players and in top-level matches.”

“I would give myself 10 out of 10 in the Euros.” “I don’t feel that I’m superior to others, but from the moment where I’ve given everything, I’m not going to attribute myself another mark.”

“I have nothing to reproach myself for in this competition.”

Rafa Benitez will not be too pleased with the things Moussa Sissoko has said  and the player, who is his own biggest fan, should remember he is still contracted to Newcastle for the next three years.

We expect him to be back at Newcastle on Monday – but we are really fed up with him making these infantile boastful comments about himself.

Note: Reader Sean Pigott is taking part in an Ultra white collar boxing event in Aberdeen on the 10th of September this year and collecting for Cancer Research UK, because many of his family have suffered from the terrible disease.

Sean has set up a justgiving page here if you can possibly donate to a very good cause.

• John Tudor

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:54 AM

bellend out

• Tsunki

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:55 AM

Ha ha that’s top level blagging Moussa –

“I’m a humble man, but if I say so myself I am more modest than anyone else I know…..”

• Tsunki

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:57 AM

Not that I’m superior to anyone else of course, but I’m the only one I’d give 10 out of 10. 😀 that’s one glossy brochure.

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Sissoko’s made a fair comment when he feels he deserves 10/10 when he’s ‘given everything’.

However, for most of his performance for us, a mark of 4/10’d be more appropriate.

He’s got both a high opinion of himself and a selective memory.

But, the more he goes on about his greatness, the less the desire to keep him here and yet demanding a huge fee becomes unrealistic.

Could his agent be encouraging his outbursts to force a move at less than the £25m being reportedly required?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Jib
    Cheers another one that got away!!!

Anyone swap Gini for Benteke!!!!!

• WWSBRD

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:02 AM

Haha is he talking about with France or us? Or just in general? Haha bless him

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Players talk all kinds a shite. Journo’s write all kinds a shite. And Ed just quoted a few lines from an entire interview conducted and written in French and then translated. I’m happy to ride this one out and wait and see what happens, since I”m not persuaded at all that Sissoko is in fact a cnut, but we shall see.

• John Tudor

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:03 AM

ashley can afford to make him see out his contract and humiliate him to train with the cleaners as a lesson to him and his agent

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Tsunki

Sissoko arrogance is nearing the heights of some who post on here.

No names but…..

• gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola)

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Sounds like N. Bentner…. delusional fool…

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:04 AM

* Sissoko’s arrogance even

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Jib
    Enrique another one to add to the list

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:07 AM

John T

Wouldn’t that be most unfair to the cleaners. Get him to train by himself and a room with a full-height mirror – and a bell to peck at!

• JDdubai

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM

Jimmy @7

What about every time he has peddled himself to Arsenal, PSG etc over the last 18 months while we have been battling relegation?

Regardless of how the club is run, he should keep his mouth shut and get his agent to do the work quietly if he wants to move, anything else is juts a slap in the face of the fans. Id say he is a cnut for how he has tried to force the move, not for wanting out.

Lets see how more frequent and desperate his public comments become the closer we get to deadline day if he is still here..

• Jib

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM

Sissoko needs to be really careful – if any man is capable of ruining a career regardless of the cost in wages to prove a point – that man is Michael James Wallace Ashley.

• Tsunki

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM

Lesh I know. Personally I sympathise with Moussa it’s difficult to be so good and having to stoop to mixing with the likes of you common or garden types on the blog 😀 however it’s a charitable service so I can’t deny you all the quality of my input, that would be just greedy.
    😀 😀

• carl

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM

13carl // Jul 19, 2016 at 10:03 AM

The media thought it was a massive error on the part of the club not to insert clauses into players’ contracts reducing salaries by around 50% should we be relegated. We were pointed out as being negligent. If anyone wants to look for a badly run club etc.

The point many made was that high wages make selling unwanted individuals difficult. Certainly this doesn’t seem to apply to those most in demand that we want to keep just the opposite.

Saivet was frequently mentioned and the fact that our policy had been to recruit aged 25 and under with manager having no say. Saivet cost £4.75 m and earns around £35,000 a week. He didn’t feature under McClaren or Benitez but was he a bad signing? Many are suggesting he has a future and with us. I haven’t seen him play but by all accounts Benitez has been surprised by him in training and fans in Ireland thought he was very tidy.

Saivet is by no means a player many would think twice about losing but building a team as opposed to collecting a disparate, disconnected bunch of individuals who want out will be Benitez’s aim.

• Tsunki

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:10 AM

I’d concur with Moussa. 10/10 for effort in the Euros. 10/10 for effort in our final few games as International selection was looming .

Before that, though…

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Tsunki

I wasn’t referring to you. Your name contains more than four letters!!

• Tsunki

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Lesh 😀 but some of those letters….

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM

I dunno, just a little enterprising self promotion if it is as reported. Can only generate greater interest and up his transfer value. And at the end of the day, we are under no obligation to sell

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Tsunki

Yes, using four of the letters of your name and solving the anagram, we arrive at…. ‘sunk’.

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Jimmy

What’s the saying that could be applied to Sissoko? Empty vessels make most noise seems apt.

• lochinvar

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Well Mossa the top level games next season are all those at SJP in front of 52,000 fans.
    Add to that some cup matches against a few of the top 5 in the Premier League ( you know it’s going to happen ) and there’s your big game quota.

Go to Watford or Hull or West Brom and by all means look forward to those less than big games in front of small crowds.

Otherwise the only big games around will be the London and Manchester derbies and for that you have to be at one of those clubs and then get picked on the day.

Just a thought…..

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Tsunki

Sunk’s not the only one I’m sure.

Jimmy

Sissoko reminds me of the saying – empty vessels make most noise!

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Jimmysmith

Sissoko’s arrogance reminds me of the saying Empty vessels make most noise’!

• lesh

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM

(((((((echo))))))))

• hibbitt

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:25 AM

jimmysmith

more like very disrespectful to the club and the fans then self promotion he’s well paid under a long contract that he was happy to sign thinks he’s way better then he is will be found out very quickly at a top club

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Hope we just take the first acceptable offer and send him on his way. Can you imagine what he will be like if he has to play in the Championship? I expect Rafa is not going to let him get a move on his own terms, but at some point it’s cutting off your nose to spite your face. It’s not as if he is the backbone of the side, despite his obvious qualities. And the sooner he goes, the sooner Rafa can organise his preferred line-up.

• No Defence

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:35 AM

We need to get rid of this guy asap he is the last person we need in the dressing room, I don’t post much on here I think it’s for 13 or under with all the name calling.

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:35 AM

He claims he was given a verbal agreement to be allowed to go at the end of this season. When he arrived we were playing in Europe, and then we hardly signed another player for two and a half years. We were almost relegated that season, the season before last, and then finally succeeded the following year. Not quite as advertised on the tin I’m sure. If he’s disrespecting anyone it’s Mike Ashley. I’m certainly not taking personal offence, or on behalf of the club either. As I said, it basically only serves to drum up interest, and drive up the price.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:38 AM

charlie

in a word no! benteke is just a big lump who just has his hand in the air waiting on the half way line for hopeful hoofs. he doesn’t make any intelligent runs and his general movement is poor.

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:42 AM

I’ll be popping champagne when this useless sisokko who is nothing short of a disgrace leaves our club.

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:42 AM

I’d prefer to keep him. If he doesn’t play well. Rafa will drop him. There is the depth in the squad to allow him to do it, and he’s known for benching underperforming big names. Unless he’s a dope, he’ll be professional about it if he doesn’t get his move. Same with Widjnaldum.

• hibbitt

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:45 AM

jimmysmith

he’s not being professional about anything else why would he change with this

• Average_Contents

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:46 AM

What a cocksnot

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Self interest. Never bet against it.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Rotondo
    Cheers – I think he has stagnated at the ‘Dippers’
    If he was part of the deal I would take him and ‘hope’ that RAFA would get the best out of him.

Should score a hatful in the championship.

• jazzyp

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Gini didn’t travel back with the rest of the squad.
    Will be interesting to see if he’s in the squad for the Docaster game.
    Think that will tell us if he’s off or not !!

• jimmysmith

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:55 AM

He could always go on strike, if push came to shove, I guess. But that would indicate a player who thinks he’s been badly wronged or let down. It’s difficult for me to take all this at face value, when there’ve doubtless been three and a half years of failures and disappointments, promises made that haven’t come to fruition and assurances given that have failed to be met, and targets set and missed.