Potential Pogba Deal Makes Sissoko £35M Transfer More Likely

Manchester United are reported to be close to finalizing a deal for Paul Pogba from Juventus in a transfer worth close to £100M, or even more than that – according to reports today,

In France, L’Equipe are reporting today that a meeting was held yesterday with representatives of both clubs  and  Juventus agreed in principle that they would be willing to sell Paul Pogba and it looks like some agreement has also been reached over the fee.

moussa-sissoko-france

Moussa Sissoko – could leave for £35M

In addition Paul Pogba has told the Italian club – where he’s been for the last 4 years since signing on as a free agent from Manchester United in 2012 – that he wants to leave the Red Devils.

And there were reports yesterday he had agreed personal terms of £200K/week with Manchester United.

The deal now depends on whether Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola gets the 20% fee he is demanding for the transfer –  and if so which club would pay the staggering £18.4M.

That’s for the transfer of one player?

Has the football world gone mad or has the world gone mad?

If the deal goes through it will leave Juventas flush with cash and we reported yesterday there were reports the Italian club were interested in signing Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko and Nemanja Matic of Chelsea as potential replacements for Pogba.

With Gini Wijnaldum likely to move to Liverpool after a £25M fee has been agreed, as we reported earlier today, the chances of Newcastle being able to get the full £35M for Sissoko now looks promising.

While we will be sorry to see Gini leave Newcastle, because he’s at least conducted himself professionally this summer – the same cannot be said about Moussa.

We are sick of the Frenchman continually talking about leaving Newcastle for a Champions League club and disrespecting his current club, so it looks like he could soon get his wish to leave Tyneside.

We’d be very happy to see Moussa leave Newcastle for a whopping £35M fee and if the Pogba deal goes through there’s a decent possibility that could be to Juventus.

Here’s hoping.

🙂

• RonVanDam

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:32 AM

Let him leave. We should raid the Dutch and German market after Gini’s sale.

• WWSBRD

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:35 AM

60 mill for the invisible man and a lad who never stop talking about leaving…So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night, enjoy the bench where ever you end up

We could buy half a team with 60 mill

• Toon_Tom

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:35 AM

£60M for Gini and Sissoko!

• WWSBRD

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:37 AM

RVD
    Had enough of Dutch players personally zee Germans would be a good place to buy but they arent cheap, I wouldnt rule out young English buys either

• richyg01

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:42 AM

Wonder if Morinho fancies selling Rashford

• richyg01

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM

Cant say I was very impressed with Sels last night like.

I know it was his first game, but he looked very ordinary.

• SuperShearer

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM

The reality is that if Brexit goes ahead, which it looks like it will, British players are going to be at even more of a premium. We should look to recruit a host of young English lads now. If nothing else they’ll be a sound investment for a few years time.

• jimmysmith

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM

60 million won’t look so much in next years market, should we go up and have to invest all that and more.

• richyg01

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:44 AM

That said, he wasnt as bad as the Minnesota United keeper!!

• Jib

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:45 AM

Just get Sissoko sold so the new signings can see the media talking about them , todays men , rather than the history men.

• jimmysmith

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:45 AM

Sell looked a bit ordinary in his youtube highlights reel, which takes some doing. He must have something though, so we’ll see.

• Derek

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:49 AM

It is also very difficult to know how much quality a Championship team like us can attract when everyone’s eyes are on the prize; playing in the Premier League. There is no certainty we will go up straight away

• WWSBRD

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:51 AM

jazzy
    Lets agree to differ then bud but he leaves with a middle finger from me and I hope he rots on Liverpools bench

As for bringing players in with an extra 25 mill we can bring in players who will far exceed Gini’s career in a black and white strip

• WWSBRD

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Derek
    Nar Ashley may own it but its Rafa’s Newcastle now

• Jib

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Derek
    “I would hapily see them leave for that money, HOWEVER this is still Mike Ashley’s Newcastle and there is still a good chance a lot of that money won’t be reinvested in strenghening the team in this window, or even next window. ”

The last 2 windows would belie that statement which is about four years out of date.

You been living in a cave Derek ?

• RonVanDam

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Some of the players we should be looking at for the future that could benefit the club in the long run with the money from Gini

Godfred Donsah – CM – Young Ajax midfielder who can grow under Rafa and be ready for the PL when we get promoted
    Victor Andrad – RM – plays for Benfica. aggressive and a smart winger
    Riechedly Bazoer – CM Another player from Ajax. Very sissokoresque (he will be a beast of a midfielder in 3-4 years)
    Andre Silva – Striker. Plays for Porto and will be a helluva player in a few years

• jazzyp

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:05 AM

Wwsbrd

I hope we don’t get on the wrong side of you lol !!
    The guy goes with my blessing and I hope he shows what a mistake it was to sell him.
    Moussa on the other hand I do feel resentment towards because of his continual admission he wants out, And feels he’s bigger than the club.
    This guy deserves to rot on a bench for his hapless fantasy of being another Cabaye

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:07 AM

What was the carry on with Wijnaldum not in the squad and then showing up on the bench?? I hope that wasn’t Ashley or Charnley meddling in football affairs.

• OneAlanShearer

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:08 AM

I just hope we reinvest wisely. I’m far from convinced by any of our central midfield options.

Shelvey could be great if he could be bothered. He has the work rate of a child.
    Colback is average at best.
    Saivet is poor.
    Tiote is injured a lot and I expect will get sold.
    The new lad needs time to settle.
    Gouffran is no central midfielder.
    So ignoring numbers we still need a driving g force and creativity in dm and attacking midfield.

As for wingers.
    Richie is great bUt without him we would look stretched.
    Aarons gets injured a lot and needs to be more consistent.
    Perez should be played as a 2nd striker.

Strikers
    Riviere is rubbish.
    Mitro should start every game but that’s a lot of games so we need good covering as a target man.
    Gayle looks good and perez can cover but I want to see a proven striker join us.

Left back
    I like Dummett more than Haidara but both have had injuries. I’d like a quick player who can defend and cross. Possibly even take corners and free kicks.

I want to see strength in depth but real quality as well.

This may sound daft but if Danny ings is a realistic target for rangers I’d go for him.
    I’d go for will hughes in cm. Look abroad for Spanish flare in attacking midfield.

For me we are 4 or 5 players short with Wijnaldum and likely sissoko gone. Can see Janmaat and tiote being away too.

• jimmysmith

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:11 AM

” Benítez, now hopes to sign the midfielder Lucas Leiva from Liverpool.” Just published by The Guardian. He is the calibre of player we now need, both he, if Shelvey can play in the hole and another winger, two if Thauvin goes.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:11 AM

I know he harps on about Arsenal, but Sissoko to Juventus seems highly plausible. Juve have got the money, Sissoko is a pretty obvious replacement for Pogba, and he (Moussa) is almost certain to get his CL football for as long as he’s there. And I assume he’d get a bump in wages as well, even if it’s not what a top EPL side might pay.

• jazzyp

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Super shearer

I would love nothing more than to have an English core of players, much like Spurs.
    Reece Oxford would be an excellent addition as would young Rico from Walsall.
    I would have a look at Che Adams as well who I saw play quite a few times at Ilkeston.

• WWSBRD

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:13 AM

jazzy
    He was the biggest disappointment of last season for me, sick of watching his gutless performances and his continual hiding. Empty shirt who showed just as much if not more disrespect as Sissoko did except he did in on the pitch rather than in the media, just as deluded as Moussa as he thinks he was great last season. I didnt watch him for PSV but no way he played in the same way or we would never of bought him for such a large sum

Neither warrant well wishes imo

• james589

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:14 AM

I think £25m is good business for us. £10m profit in a season is good going although clearly an element of that is the general inflation that has occurred as a result of the new TV money for PL teams. We have stuck to our guns and looks like we will be getting the full amount in cash up front, showing other teams that we won’t be strong armed into deals that don’t make sense for us. My only concern would be other clubs may hold us to ransom when looking to buy players as they know the cash we have available.

What is going to be interesting to see now is who we bring in to provide the goalscoring threat from midfield as a replacement. I know Rafa and his team will have done a lot of work on the scenarios of Gini and Moussa leaving so will have replacement targets lined up. The deal has been done early enough to allow us time to source an adequate replacement – we can only hope the same happens with Moussa as let’s be honest there isn’t a cat in hell’s chance he will be with us for the Championship season.

I wish Gina all the best – he has conducted himself professionally since the end of the season and it’s a shame we couldn’t have stayed up as I think Rafa could have really brought him on asale a player. Yes his performances away left a lot to be desired but you can’t deny the potential was there – our top scorer let’s not forget.

As for Moussa I think the sooner we can sort a deal for him the better. I think Rafa would like to keep him given what he said after the Euros and he probably sees him as a bit of a powerhouse but we as fans know the importance of having players who take pride in the shirt and want to play for it – with what Moussa has come out with in recent weeks we know that isn’t him. If we can get £25m for Gini and Juventus can get £100m for Pogba I would be very confident in getting close to the unofficial price tag of £35m. Again it would be intruiging to see who we would bring in but I’m putting my faith in Rafa as I’m sure he has a plan!

• barkel

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Do you really think we’ll get £35million for sissoko? That is mad money, don’t get me wrong i’ll take it but a few days ago we were unsure we could get £20mil.

I’d like to see us get Jeff Hendrick in midfield, had a cracking Euros for Ireland, he wouldn’t be expensive and has plenty of championship experience.

• james589

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Re. Lucas to toon – did he not pull up with a hamstring injury in their match last night? (Resulting in Liverpool having to play their reserve keeper out pitch having used all 10 of their outfield subs!)

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Toon-Prodigy@18 – I wonder if that was Rafa’s subtle way of indicating to Charnley that he wanted him to stop dithering and get the deal done. “Get him sold or I’m playing him” sort of thing.

• carl

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:22 AM

It was inevitable but still a blow because we’re now going to witness him doing well elsewhere. Not one of our own like Gascoigne or Waddle but a talented player who has so much more to offer.
    The Dutch player we should be moving on is Anita. I just don’t see him being anything other than a squad player. He lacks the physicality that Rafa is clearly looking to bring into the defence. By all accounts Dummet did OK and he’s fitter and lighter than he’s been for a long time.

We need a goal scoring creative player who’s going to replace Gini’s goal potential. Additionally we would need a replacement for Sissoko should he go. His intercepting, marauding, counter attacking presence would prove pivotal in the Championship. Not my comment but Pardew’s description of Sissoko’s style of play.

• Derek

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Jib,

Are you forgetting how many windows prior to the last two where Ashley has owned the club?

Two windows is not much considering 8 years of ownership.

And so because I apparently live in a cave, do you (or anyone) care to enlighten me with any evidence showing that now Rafa is manager, 100% of the money received from sold players will be reinvested in their replacements within the same window?

• gaz 44

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:35 AM

This was a message from one of my Norwich city fan mates

How on earth have you just got 25 million for him, everyone raves about his 11 goals but if it wasn’t for one game against us where our defence was non existence he would have scored the same as wes holalan who played 10 games less..

Good riddance I say, probably thrive in a Liverpool shirt but he doesn’t want to be here and let’s be honest he’s no Peter Beardsley

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:36 AM

TOF,

Maybe, I hope it was a plan to rush liverpool into bidding and closing the deal. Each game he plays in he would of been at risk of injury. All of a sudden Liverpool cough up the fee within hours of the game last night. It worked.

I just hope it was Rafa’s call and not Charnley or Ashley interfering in the footballing side of things.

• John Tudor

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:37 AM

net spend jib …net spend

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:38 AM

carl@28 – My issue with Sissoko in the Championship is not that he wouldn’t be able to take it by the scruff of the neck if he chose to, but simply that I don’t think he’d put in anything more than a token effort. Rightly or wrongly he sees himself as Champions League player, and I think we’ve seen enough of him to know that if his heart’s not in it he’s as good as a man short. And frankly that’s the only way I can envisage it playing out if he doesn’t get his move.

• carl

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:38 AM

Time will tell.

• jazzyp

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Wwsbrd

Again mate that’s your opinion and I respect that. I personally feel we have lost one of our better players.
    Klopp must see something in the kid and will be in a better set up and playing under a better manager than what we could offer him last season

• Hail Wor Ashley

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:47 AM

£25m for Gini – fantastic!

Now get at least that for Sissoko and we’re laughing. I imagine it’ll end up being £30m and Juve his likely destination.

£55m from them.

Krul can leave for £7m

SDJ we can hopefully recoup about £3-5m from a Dutch team.

Riviere, Gouffran and Haidara for a total of around £5m

£70m and we still have Tiote, Thauvin and Janmaat.

Tiote I’d keep, Janmaat I’m not really bothered about if we could get £7-9m and although I really cannot see anything in Thauvin’s game to make me beleive he’ll ever make the grade, I’m willing him on to prove me wrong, though a bid of around £10m I’d accept.

What are we currently at? £16.5m net spend with Hanley’s arrival?

So after Gini and Sissoko we could be £38.5m in the black.

Put in a £10m bid for Robbie Brady and test Norwich’s resolve.

• Average_Contents

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:49 AM

TP

Maybe the higher ups did want to protect him.

I reckon rafa thought bolloxs to that and tried forcing liverpools hand along the lines of- he couldn’t give two flying….if they were interested, he’s still our player so I’m playing him regardless and they might panic and throw in a bid incase of injury.

It’s no coincidence how that bid went in not 12hrs after he played.

• seantoon

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Jimmysmith yes Lucas pulled his Hamstring last night against Huddersfield which obviously means we won’t be getting him in afraid.. I doubt we would have got him anyway I think Klopp was going to give him another chance. He was captain last night when he went off and also played really well at CB in the first half.. Doubt he would move to the championship

• lochinvar

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:56 AM

It’s starting to look like the perhaps predictable exit of Townsend, Gini and Sissoko has come to pass and that the only difference with previous seasons is that the selling of players has been managed better than before and the deals done on Ashley’s behalf have been profitable.
    These are three strong players on their better days but their unpredictability is their downfall and we need more than that in a combative Championship.

We will have a well crafted team but who will be the say two forceful characters who lead by example and have a presence that influences the team and pressurises the opposition – Tiote ? Hanley ? , Mitro ?

We still need some steel from somewhere – who or when remains to be seen.

• carl

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:56 AM

You give in too easily. What exactly would make Moussa happy – OK aside from signing for Wenger! It is a carrot and Stick situation. Moussa might have reservations about promises previously made so he needs to be sold a whole new deal.

I see him, or a player as I’ve described like him, as worthy of going the extra yards. This could be a financial inducement to perform over a limited period or until such time as we achieve certain goals.

It could be that Rafa has a fail safe plan in mind but he strikes me S the sort who has options going forward . We might need to go down the mercenary route rather than simply throw in the towel. Rafa created a mindset that Sissoko took into the Euro’s. With his sale price rising it might well suit us to negotiate for a player exchange. We simply don’t know what options are out there.

With respect, I know it’s hugely funny to paint Charnley as an incompetent jerk but this window he and Rafa seem to be doing a good job. Better together!