The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Beat Lokeren 4-0 – Video Of Goals

5:25 pm, Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

Newcastle were 3-0 up at half time and 4-0 up after 48 minutes today with two goals from Perez, one from our new right winger Daryl Janmaat and then a final goal from Jonjo Shelvey as Newcastle bossed this game and after the horrors of the first half at Doncaster Newcastle kept a clean sheet.

But after 88 minutes Jesus Gamez was sent off after his reaction to a foul on him by Marko Miric, who was also shown a straight red card.

ayoze poerez rolando aarons first goals loverken

Ayoze Perez celebrates with Rolando Aarons after first goal

And Rafa was able to get all 10 substitutes on in the second half as everybody saw a piece of the action including goalkeeper Karl Darlow, who came on after 72 minutes and replaced Matz Sels.

Perez scored two excellent goals today and that bodes well for the future and for the first goal he combined brilliantly with Rolando Aarons.

Newcastle: (Darlow, 72); Sterry (Gouffran, 63), Mbemba (Saivet, 73), Lascelles (Dummett, 63), Anita (Gamez, 46); Hayden (Shelvey, 46), Colback (Tiote, 73); Janmaat, Perez (Mitrovic, 46), Aarons (Thauvin, 63); Gayle (Armstrong, 63).

Goals: Perez 13, 39, Janmaat 26, Shelvey 48

Here are the video of each of the goals.

Here’s how we have done so far in the friendlies – two wins and a draw.

ClubLocationDate and KickoffResult
SBV Vitesse St. James ParkSaturday, 30th July
3:00 pm
Won 3-2

Tags: Friendlies · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Video

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:29 PM

I think this is a good result, with rafa experimenting a bit. Good day.

• 2 WWSBRD // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM

I think if Janmatt was able to concentrate more on defending than having to push forward because every attack came down his side then we’d see a much better player unfortunately because our left side was embarrassing he couldnt

Also having Rafa coaching him will do wonders

• 3 Belfast // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM

I think yer right Markass.

• 4 croftus5678 // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:34 PM

support and movement on all 4 goals there even from players not involved !

last season from freekicks we had what 1 if not 2 in the box now we have 4-5 ! benny has given everyone at the club a desire to win.

even the u21’s wanted to win that lads turning into my god.

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:38 PM

Your such a hoot Belfast, a real scallywag and quality edition to the blog. A prime piece of wheat amongst a lot of chaf.

• 6 Rafa Revolution // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM

I thought Ulloa was leaving Leicester? he’s playing now!

• 7 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:40 PM

This whole pre season so far has been a much better affair than last seasons. This time last year we were ar$ing about in Canada against whoooo? on strange surfaces. It’s amazing what a team can learn when a professional approach is taken

• 8 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:47 PM

Looks like Saviet came on as a CB.

• 9 Spoof // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:47 PM

I can see where your coming from, we so much needed a left winger that it was for us painful to watch, how we needed Aarons to be fit, and with Dummett being a defensive defender rather than an attacking defender we were poor on the left hand side, so why McClaren never gave Thauvin the slightest of chances is mind boggling, Thauvin may prove to be useless but Macca never gave him a chance, so yes I can see your point of view and it is a valid point of view, but with Janmaat I just cannot see a defender in him, to cavalier for me, very similar to Santon but with a better end product than Santon, but me personally I am very old fashioned when it comes to FB’s because for me they have got to be defenders first and if they can then offer something going forward then for me that is a bonus, and I have to say that judging from experience Rafa does seem to have the same view, which is why I don’t see a long term future for Janmaat or Haidara unless they can do a supermac and convert.

• 10 Belfast // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:49 PM

Yer right Buster. How’s moderation treating you? 🙂

• 11 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Glad rafa is giving chances to players like sterry & arrons, who other managers over the years wouldn’t be willing to take the risk on any of them. Managers like Pardew, carver & mcclaren wouldn’t even have given lascelle a chance.

• 12 Spoof // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Saviet as a CB, ffs, I hope Rafa has been Mcbrolly’d.

• 13 Spoof // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:58 PM

In all honesty I know that pre-season is all about trial and error but I hate it, why can’t we take an international approach which the smaller nations have and just pick your best players and allow them to knit together, like Iceland and Wales did and only change it when necessity calls.

• 14 mactoon // Jul 23, 2016 at 5:59 PM

nice to see the team enjoying themselves

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Been moderated once when paul90612 and low full Meg complained about my anti Ashley stance, Ed’s inbox got jammed with calls to reinstate me. Since then moderation is cool.

• 16 Spoof // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:05 PM

you should be moderated again ?

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:09 PM

I don’t like it!

• 18 Spoof // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Only kidding Jail, with me your fine as most are, In all honesty there are only two who I would like to see removed and your not one of them, please don’t ask who the two are or I’ll have to slap you lol

• 19 WWSBRD // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:17 PM

I respectfully disagree about Janmatt, I think hes a very good player. As for defensive vs attacking FB I just want a system that works with what we have on offer and gets the best out of it, Championship level we should be dominating others but we will see what Rafa’s plan is

Haidara I think may need a move to find his feet again after that horrible tackle ruined his blossoming career imo but if we can keep Janmatt I would without a moments hesitation

• 20 Mag52 // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Janmaat playing on the wing – it’s only taken 2 seasons and a change of manager to work that one out.

• 21 WWSBRD // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM

No need to want me removed we are all friends here haha

• 22 bettyswallocks // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Perez needs to be played through the middle and def. not out wide. His confidence grows when he’s knocking goals in but just looks insignificant when stuck on the wing.

Too many of our players have suffered from being shoved out wide especially under the silver pox. Don’t know what to think about Janmaat out wide , he’s pretty strong on the ball but is he skilful enough and is his crossing consistent enough. I’ll leave it to Rafa to decide.

• 23 Spoof // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:25 PM

The last that I want to be removed are those who I can disagree with but in a good manner, so on that score on ya bike, only kidding !

• 24 lukes26 // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM

I checked out Lokeren’s record for the previous season…since Ive never heard of them

It seems they arent that bad ..mid to upper table Belgian side

4-0 is the worst loss i can find for the team in the past 2 seasons….so i guess its an impressive win

• 25 WWSBRD // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Haha I like it

• 26 Spoof // Jul 23, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Why did we sign him, to replace another suicidal rightback called shit I’ve forgot his name went to Arsenal …………….., Debuchy, yes I remembered, Janmaat is another Debuchy and he may flatter to deceive but at a big club he will fail because he cannot defend, a fullback has got to be able to defend, I see your defence for Janmaat, and I still here fans saying that Santon was Pardewed, sorry but Santon was found out, he is shyte imho as is Janmaat.

previous post: Half Time – Lokeren 0 Newcastle 3 – Here Are The Goals – Video