The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Real Madrid Willing To Pay Big Money For Moussa Sissoko

12:18 pm, Monday, July 25th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

Italian outlet Tuttosport are reporting that Real Madrid are prepared to pay €35M for Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko, but perhaps they have misread the price Newcastle have put on their midfield powerhouse – it’s £35M.

With today’s exchange rate (1 euro=0.84 pounds ) €35M is about £29.4M so that’s about £5M below what Newcastle want for the French star of the Euro semi-final and final.

moussa sissoko france

Moussa Sissoko in action for France in Euros

But the closeness of the fee the Spanish giants are willing to pay may have Moussa come out and say Real Madrid have always been his dream club since childhood.

But we’ll have to wait and see on that one.

Juventus have been interested in Moussa as a replacement for Paul Pogba, if the deal to have him move to the Red Devils for around £100M is ever completed.

If it doesn’t go through then we could see Manchester United make a move for the 6ft 2ins tall midfielder and he’s a lot cheaper than Pogba.

And Moussa has said he would prefer to stay in the Premier League so that would seem to favor the Red Devils.

Everton are also interested but they are not a Champions League club and Moussa wouldn’t join them.

We should be able to get the full  £35M for Moussa and the sooner the better.

But maybe he’s under-valued?

Tags: Coaching · Financials · Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Transfer News and Rumours

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:20 PM

it’s not our opponents who frighten me as I disagree with you as I do feel that it is a poor, very poor league and I honestly do feel that any half decent side would get out of this league quite easily, but that is where I have the problem because I am not convinced that we have a half decent side, the side that we had wasn’t good enough for the PL which is why we went down and what I am seeing is with Townsend, Gini and probably Sissoko and perhaps even Janmaat, Krul and Tiote is the beeter players we had leaving and being replaced by Ritchie, Hayden, Hanley and Gayle who from how I look at it have been bought due to having Championship experience which is fine but how did they do when in the Championship, yeah not bad but they hardly tore it up and my fear is that we aren’t as good as some may think at this particular time, hopefully a bit more quality will come and if it does then we should be ok as this is a very poor league.

• 2 Wayayman // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Repost from last thread:

Yep, I’ve just ‘spoken’ to Southend FC via Twitter and they said we can pay on the night for the away end ( also say this on the ‘ticket’s section) Prices are £15 adults, £8 young adults and £4 junior

• 3 SUTTY1978 // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Spoof, that’s exactly how I see it. We were a poor, poor premier league club last year and we are dumping the players that stood out as being “better than the rest”.

• 4 WWSBRD // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Can u imagine if Sissoko ends up at Madrid

• 5 Moonraker15 // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I don’t believe Real Madrid are silly enough to spend 35 mil whether euros or pounds on Sissoko! In fact I would be amazed if they bought him at all! Why? Cos he ain’t good enough and when they look at the video highlights of his Newcastle career they will realise that. ZZ will be aware anyway ffs he is French !

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:39 PM

We are hardly dumping our better players. Townsend had his release clause activated. Wijnaldum and Sissoko made it very clear they did not want to play in the Championship despite their very best efforts to get us there. Wijnaldum was so disinterested in helping us avoid relegation he had to be dropped. Sissoko arguably put in a bit more effort as the Euros were coming up. I think Rafa knew fine well players would leave yet he still signed on. Have faith in a world class manager and stop being so defeatist before a competitive ball has been kicked and the window is still open.

• 7 andrew84 // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM

I think keeping Wijnaldum and Sissoko here when they absolutely had no intention of committing to the cause, is infinitely worse than cashing in on them.

Fair enough you say that they stood out last season, but to be honest I don’t agree with that. Wijnaldum had a handful of good games but was AWOL on the pitch for at least half the year, which is unforgivable considering his wages. The same goes for Sissoko. Keeping him here would poison the amosphere, we need to get rid. I’ll even drive him to the airport.

• 8 WWSBRD // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM

They wouldnt pay that much for Newcastle’s Sissoko but for Frances Sissoko I reckon they would…actually reckon a lot would

• 9 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM

What do you mean WWSBRD?

• 10 Wayayman // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:43 PM

Sutty & Spoof (you two remind me of another couple from my childhood…)

I totally agree with what you’re saying. But I think you’re underestimating the team spirit that was totally lacking from us these past few years and Rafa managed to somehow slowly build it back from zero, which was evident in the last few games of last season.
    It’ll get you far, team spirit will. Believing in your team mates, and trusting that your manager has it all under control, well we’ve not had that here for a long, long time.
    On paper, our squad is poorer than it was 2 months ago but I’d rather have a team of players who wanted to be here and not only believed in the cause but actually appreciated what Rafa is starting. This could be a monumental season for us. If Rafa gets it right then we really could be laying the foundations for success that we’ve not had in generations.
    There will be times when it’s not all going to plan though, so lets take each set back as something the learn from and we’ll be all the better for it.

How good to be feeling positive for a season though, rather than trying to convince ourselves that the latest yes-man in charge of the team is the one to get it right.

• 11 WWSBRD // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:44 PM

Gini wasnt one of our better players bloke was invisible for most of the season, if we had bought Defoe for 15 mill rather than that waste of a shirt then we would of survived BUT we wouldnt have Rafa and a changing team so swings and roundabouts

• 12 Wayayman // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Gini was class though in those first 10 or 15 games.

• 13 WWSBRD // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM

Hes a different player, stand out for France in the Euros 35 mill for that player isnt out of the question

• 14 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:50 PM

whether it’s by choice or not we are selling them, and in fairness raising what is a valid point isn’t being defeatist, I’m not saying that this summer has been a disaster and that Rafa is a poor manager, not at all, we are favourites to go up and rightly so but that doesn’t alter the fact that so far it does appear on paper that those leaving are of a higher quality than those coming in, nothing defeatist about that as it’s just a view and an understandable one, but as we all know a weaker team on paper isn’t always a weaker team, it’s up to the manager to form “a” team which works together rather than individuals who don’t, I’m not being defeatist, just concerned which I feel is fair.

• 15 martoon // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Spoof & Sutty – We did look a poor team last year but a lot of that was due to poor management, organisation and tactics. We’ve always said we’ve got some decent players but a poor team. After Rafa’s first few games we looked better. Our defence has always been poor but hopefully Rafa will sort it out with a combination of new players and organisation.

• 16 Mr Funk // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:55 PM

I am sure Sissoko will leave ut i do wonder how much for. Maybe once Pogba has moved there will be some developments.

I think Krul, Thauvin and Tiote could still move on. Not too sure anyone else will leave.

The next two players NUFC should buy are Charlie Taylor (LB) and Alex Pritchard (AMC). I think they would be good additions to the squad, especially in areas where we could do with more players.

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Wijnaldum and Sissoko are two prime examples of player recruitment of a failed policy. A policy that brought in players with absolutely no pride in the shirt and their eyes on a move from the start You can’t even say it’s a profitable policy as we have just been relegated as a direct result of horrendous mismanagement.

• 18 SUTTY1978 // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Jail/Andrew, I agree they would likely throw a spanner in the works if we kept them, I’m talking more about the overall quality of the team though, we have seen before that if you sell your best players and replace them with cheaper inferior players then it causes problems. I’m not really arguing with selling them, it’s the fact that we are not in a position to replace them effectively. If we were still in the premier league we could attract some good players and we do have cash to spend, being in the championship means we have to lower our sights a bit, so we end up with players that were OK in the championship but a bit poor in the premier league.
    The one place I think we have strengthened is defence. To never have to see Colo being bamboozled and falling over is a blessing.
    I’m not being defeatist by the way, I think there’s every chance we’ll make the play offs.

• 19 Jail for Ashley // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:59 PM

It’s a fact of life, relegation results in the loss of players. If Rafa hadn’t of stayed there’d have been a mass exodus.

• 20 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM

so you would prefer to judge us on Rafa’s Newcastle rather than McClaren’s Newcastle, yes I can understand that and yes I do that myself, but we have lost some of Rafa’s side and on paper we have replaced them with players not as good, that’s all I’m saying.

If we do make judgements based solely on Rafa’s time here then not one single Newcastle fan should be wanting Sissoko to leave as he was great for Rafa, but is that the case, hardly !

• 21 Belfast // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM

There’s absolutely no point whatsoever of keeping a player who wants to leave. Any player who’s going to play week in week out in this division needs to be 100% committed to the cause and willing to graft for it.

Think we done very well to get that fee for the Dutch bloke considering he was useless away form home and if we get the fee that’s talked about for Sissoko we should be over the moon.

I’ll be glad to see the back of the both of them to be honest.

• 22 sirjasontoon // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Sick of hearing about this prick.
    Get rid ASAP and invest the £ !!

• 23 Jib // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:17 PM

Real Madrid better up their offer
    According to the craic in Germany and our own Guardian – Juventus will offer €41 million for Sissoko this week

• 24 southeast magpie // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM

@Wayayman thanks for the info 🙂

Personally I think will be a shame to get rid of Sissoko. Yes hes kicking up a stink about leaving, but hasn’t he done that since he came here? Mismanaged by several previous managers, finally Rafa gets him into form. Plays so much better when hes made captain. He would be such a force in the championship.

• 25 lochinvar // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:59 PM

I daresay that Real Madrid and Juventus are both in the Champions League which is Moussa’s desired destination.
    Man Utd are not.

So there you are Moussa – could be decision time and to work out some retraction of your previous statements and apologies all round..

Or you could stay put , put in the graft and earn some serious respect in ensuring that we get promoted.

• 26 Moonraker15 // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Re Sissoko! When you look at his France performances, I agree he looked good but what did it give the team? No goal, no assists and the final ball given away! I admit he defended well but do Madrid want that from an attacking midfielder come winger?

previous post: A Talented Youngster – But He Struggles With Injuries