The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

What Rafa Told Gini Makes Geordie And Scouser Fans Happy

12:55 pm, Monday, July 25th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 65 Comments

Gini Wijnaldum has revealed what Rafa told him when they talked last week about Gini potentially moving to Liverpool, who had just met Newcastle’s price of £25M for the Dutch Player of the Season in 2015, when the 25 year-old successfully captained PSV to the Dutch Championship.

Georginio-Wijnaldum-691700

Gini Wijnaldum in pre-season at Newcastle

This is some of what Wijnaldum has told the Liverpool Echo:

“Rafa just said that Liverpool is a big club.”

“The biggest thing he said was that he wanted to keep me for Newcastle.”

“He didn’t want to sell me, but he said that if a great offer came in they would think about it.”  “He wanted to keep me there.”

“He didn’t say: ‘You need to go to Liverpool’ because he wanted me to stay at Newcastle.”

Benitez seems good with his players because he tells them the truth – and it seems like what he told Gini will get him respect from both the Liverpool and Newcastle fans.

Of course Rafa is still a hero at Liverpool, after winning the Champions League in 2005 for them and doing so well as the  Liverpool manager for six years from 2004, and he is fast becoming a hero on Tyneside.

In fact the Newcastle and Liverpool clubs are very much the same and the fans are very alike.

The only real difference between the clubs is that since 1970 Liverpool have won 11 League One titles, 6 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 5 Champions Leagues (European Cup) and 3 Europa Leagues (UEFA Cup).

So that’s around 33 trophies and let’s make this short – Newcastle have won nothing.

That’s the only real difference.

🙂 🙂 🙂

We just hope we can get straight back to the Premier League next season and Gini could have helped us do that.

But that’s the collateral damage that comes with being relegated – you lose most of your very best players however much you try to keep them.

Tags: Financials · Newcastle News · Other News · Pre-season · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

65 responses so far ↓

• 1 SUTTY1978 // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Repost

18SUTTY1978 // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Jail/Andrew, I agree they would likely throw a spanner in the works if we kept them, I’m talking more about the overall quality of the team though, we have seen before that if you sell your best players and replace them with cheaper inferior players then it causes problems. I’m not really arguing with selling them, it’s the fact that we are not in a position to replace them effectively. If we were still in the premier league we could attract some good players and we do have cash to spend, being in the championship means we have to lower our sights a bit, so we end up with players that were OK in the championship but a bit poor in the premier league.
    The one place I think we have strengthened is defence. To never have to see Colo being bamboozled and falling over is a blessing.
    I’m not being defeatist by the way, I think there’s every chance we’ll make the play offs.

• 2 SUTTY1978 // Jul 25, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Good discussion this morning by the way, that’s about three articles full of only football related comments!

• 3 ToonRich // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Repost

@ Spoof and jayphoto… Hayden for me looks a complete player and could easily be a step up from Tiote, that’s assuming Rafa bought him for that role!

Jay – “Gamez rarely crosses the halfway line as a player unless its to take a throw in!”
    Are you serious?…he makes numerous forward runs as he did at Doncaster. It’s one of his assest getting forward and overlapping to the byline!

• 4 Wayayman // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Not sure on this Pritchard lad. Not seen anything of him to think that he’s anything more than an average player who is more expensive because he’s a Brit.
    I do think Rafa MUST have something up his sleeve though. We all know we need fullbacks and we definitely need a creative MF’er so I’m sure he’s got something lined up.

• 5 Belfast // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Belfast // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM

There’s absolutely no point whatsoever of keeping a player who wants to leave. Any player who’s going to play week in week out in this division needs to be 100% committed to the cause and willing to graft for it.

Think we done very well to get that fee for the Dutch bloke considering he was useless away form home and if we get the fee that’s talked about for Sissoko we should be over the moon.

I’ll be glad to see the back of the both of them to be honest.

• 6 Belfast // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Quite confident they’ll be rightly replaced now though which is very unusual lol

• 7 Mr Funk // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM

I am sure Sissoko will leave ut i do wonder how much for. Maybe once Pogba has moved there will be some developments.

I think Krul, Thauvin and Tiote could still move on. Not too sure anyone else will leave.

The next two players NUFC should buy are Charlie Taylor (LB) and Alex Pritchard (AMC). I think they would be good additions to the squad, especially in areas where we could do with more players.

• 8 Belfast // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Wouldn’t have paid the fee for McCormack a few week ago like, but now that we’ve sold the dutch bloke and very likely to sell Sissoko I wouldn’t complain if we paid it now.

Could do with a good attacking midfielder though.

• 9 Rotonda heights // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM

surely sissoko has to submitt a transfer request. he’s bleated on for so long about leaving and it’s not like he won’t make a few bob signing on at wherever.

Though I do remember barton wanting a pay off from city and a signing on fee from us. Nice work if you can get it.

• 10 Rotonda heights // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:19 PM

yes i thought gamez got forward a lot

• 11 manxpie // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:22 PM

Colback Def mid 14/15 season 4 goals 7 assists
    the mighty real Madrid bound sisko att mid same season 4 goals 2 assists in more games as well

same number of goals each last season too 1!
    If I was real I’d be going for the ginger pirlo instead

• 12 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Belfast

players who want to leave but are forced to stay can still do well, very well, look at Cabaye for us, Bale at Spurs, Ronaldo at Man U and De Gea was hardly a problem for Man U last season, at times it can make them play better and seeing how Sissoko performed for Rafa then for me I would rather see him forced to stay, yes £35m is a lot of money but the Sissoko who played for France and the Sissoko who played for Rafa is in today’s market worth that amount.

• 13 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Gamez is pretty much a standard Spanish FB. Lokes to get forward, but keeps on top of his defensive duties, too. Looking forward to seeing him outclass opposition players.

• 14 LGFUAD21 // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:27 PM

We got decent money for a player that, while talented just didnt do it for us.

I was excited by last summers signings but we lacked steel.

Townsend leaving is the one that makes me sad. He was good last season. We desperately need some more wingers as Matt Richie is the only one we have that I can put faith in.

Aarons has talent but never stays fit.
    Thauvin is an unknown – Clearly talented but will he settle and handle the physicality.
    Gayle – Can do a job but probably a bit wasted out on the wing.
    Gouffran – Really depends on whether Rafa can beat Pardew’s lessons out of him.

I’ve said it many times but why arent we going after Tom Ince – He’s got a great record in the Championship and I reckon he’ll be ready for the Prem after another season.

Also, as others have said, we should raid Hull for Robertson. What a talent he is.

• 15 ToonRich // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM

LGFUAD21, I’ve only watched Robertson (and Hanley) for Scotland…both in the last couple of years have been good. Hanley has been strong againast the likes of the Germans, Italians, Poles in recent internationals. Robertson may not be a solid defender but is fast, likes to get forward and Mitro would thrive on his deliveries

• 16 manxpie // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Spoof hardly the same when we are playing a league below let alone champions league and on wages of over 100 grand a week

• 17 Ian Toon // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:41 PM

Pritchard had a year out with a broken leg – season before last. Last season out on loan was used infrequently. There were high expectations from those in the know at Spurs as to his talent. I imagine there will be quite a few interested in him.

Somebody earlier described his style of play with Eden Hazard. He’s certainly comfortable on the ball and we need someone to open up defences and go past people. We could invest time and money in him for good reward. We’ve lost and are likely to lose just the same sort of player. Spurs are not prepared to wait for him to perform at his optimum level as Pochettino has other options readily avilable.

• 18 NUFCPaul // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Spoof – how can you compare Cabaye, Bale, Ronaldo and De Gea not wanting to stay at their respective clubs to Sissoko not wanting to stay with us this season? None of their clubs were relegated and some of them were even still playing in Europe. It’s apples and oranges.

• 19 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:47 PM

Ian

I think Pritchard was out up until Christmas last season as well, ankle injury I think it was, not a great injury record !

• 20 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Paul

It’s easy to compare, if a player wants to leave but the club don’t allow it then he stays, I don’t see how a comparison cannot be made as non of the players wanted to be playing where they were.

• 21 NUFCPaul // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Spoof – Sissoko couldn’t be arsed playing in the Premier League against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and both Manchester clubs. Do you seriously think he’s going to suddenly be up for playing against Championship teams on a rainy Wednesday night in front of less than 10k-15k supporters? And I doubt he’s going to be a ray of sunshine around the dressing room and training ground too. He’s the last person we need when it comes to effort, commitment, morale and team bonding in this lower league.

• 22 NUFCPaul // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Spoof – so you think a player wouldn’t be more motivated playing Man Utd in front of 60k supporters on a possibly televised game versus regularly playing in much smaller grounds against much less glamorous teams? Do you seriously believe that?

• 23 Ian Toon // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Spoof- That would be my only real concern.

• 24 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Paul

that is the managers job, it’s the manager who has to motivate them, but what often happens is that the player really knuckles down and plays well to try to give him more appeal for the next window, I don’t know what your views on Cabaye were but for me he was at his best just after we refused to allow him to go to Arsenal, that extra half season we got for me was his best, who’s to say that the same thing won’t happen to Sissoko because if we can get it into his head that he has got to really perform and perform well to get out then you never know, that may just be the kick up the backside that he needs.

• 25 Ian Toon // Jul 25, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Spoof- There are various inducements to get players to stay and not all financial. A promise and understanding from Benitez is to be respected. I hope you’ve noticed the harmony to date on the blog and drawn your own conclusions.

• 26 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Paul

If he can’t be arsed to play against the Man U’s of this world then why does he want to go to Arsenal, that doesn’t add up mate.

• 27 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM

@25

“I hope you’ve noticed the harmony to date on the blog and drawn your own conclusions.”

What do you mean by that, I don’t know what your implying there ?

• 28 welshgeordie9 // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:05 PM

Will we get a forward and a winger in before championship or are we going to fanny about until the end of August to get them in.

• 29 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:10 PM

welsh

I’m not sure that we need a forward, seeing as Rafa prefers a 4-2-3-1 formation he will usually only play one striker and with Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez and Armstrong that leaves us with 4 already, 5 if we can’t move Riviere on so I am not expecting another forward.

• 30 welshgeordie9 // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Spoof

If no one else leave, where do you think we need to strengthen.

• 31 welshgeordie9 // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:21 PM

The way i see it, we have got enough defenders, our midfield is strong, think need we need another winger there, you probably right up front as Benitez only uses one.

• 32 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:24 PM

welsh

we desperately need wingers/attacking midfielders, Sissoko will leave so that will be Sissoko, Gini and Townsend gone with only Ritchie to replace them, so that is the area which I think is the weakest.

• 33 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:27 PM

Spoof,
    In general I’d agree about want away players putting in good performances, but if Sissoko’s agent is to be believed the club had given him that assurance of leaving last summer, and he still half arsed his way through the season. I’ve said a few times that Cabaye put in the performances which earned him a move. Sissoko hasn’t done that for us.

• 34 southeast magpie // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Repost

@Wayayman thanks for the info ?

Personally I think will be a shame to get rid of Sissoko. Yes hes kicking up a stink about leaving, but hasn’t he done that since he came here? Mismanaged by several previous managers, finally Rafa gets him into form. Plays so much better when hes made captain. He would be such a force in the championship.

• 35 NUFCPaul // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:31 PM

I think he wants to go to Arsenal because they play a nice style of football, have a well respected French manager and play in the Champions League every season. And they’re based in London, which is also attractive to some players. Again, it’s apples and oranges but I guess we’ll just have to happily agree to disagree on Sissoko.

• 36 southeast magpie // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:32 PM

@Wayayman thanks for the info.

• 37 WWSBRD // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:32 PM

At the minute we have Thuavin, Ritchie. Sissoko, Aarons, Perez, Sammy, de Jong and Goofy who all play in that 3 behind the striker plus all the talk that Gini will be replaced…think the club may be looking to move some players on before bringing more in

• 38 southeast magpie // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:34 PM

@ WWSBRD

I think out of that list only Goofy and de Jong are likely to go. Still hoping for the elusive left back.

• 39 WWSBRD // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:36 PM

southeast
    Not Sissoko and Thauvin? I think we will be stuck with both de Jong and Goofy because we pay them too well

• 40 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:45 PM

LG

Generally speaking he hasn’t, but as has been mentioned a few times it’s a fresh start for all under Rafa, now Shelvey, Perez and Gini so far under Rafa have gone backwards, Gini is off and hopefully a pre-season will see Shelvey and Perez respond, but Townsend possibly hit the best form of his club career, but he is also away, Lascelles was a nobody who was overlooked but now he is the fans favourite and the fans want him to be captain, but that has came off the back of half a dozen decent games but there is a belief that he can perform under Rafa, it’s amazing how different players react to different managers, now taking that into consideration which we have too in fairness, based on his time with Rafa would you like to have that Sissoko, not the Sissoko who Carver, Pardew and McClaren played on the right of midfield but the Sissoko who Rafa played through the middle ( which is where Sissoko has always stated is his preferred position ), because I tell you what, I would love to have that Sissoko in my side, and if he isn’t happy about it tough, he either knuckles down and performs or he just wastes away and if he does the latter then he will never achieve what he feels he is capable of achieving.

As for agent claims, well, can they really be trusted, you are right by the way, he hasn’t earned that move, so I suggest that we don’t give it him and tell him to earn it, I’m sure you can see where I’m coming from and it is a difficult one to call, it all comes down to Sissoko’s reaction if he is forced to stay and on that note none of us really know him as a person so I expect that we will have to trust Rafa’s judgment on this one.

• 41 southeast magpie // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:46 PM

WWSBRD

I have a feeling the Sissoko saga will roll on through the summer, maybe finally getting his way right before the end. Will be a nice lump of money ready for January. Thauvin I think will stay, hes a winger, something we’re lacking at the moment. I think a season in the championship will toughen him up. I think if he was going he would have gone earlier.

• 42 lesh // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Hull probably won’t sell Robertson until they’ve got a new owner in place and the fact that the Club’s without a manager won’t help movements in or out of it.

• 43 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Spoof,
    I’m not sure Sissoko did anything more under Rafa. He did his usual of performing against big clubs, but when he was needed as a captain and alleged Champions League player he failed to perform against Sunderland, Norwich and Villa which were the key games for staying up.

I’d have preferred Gini to stay, he was out of position the majority of the season but managed to get as many Prem goals during a hot and cold season as Sissoko did in his whole Premiership career with us. I would have got rid of him last summer as he is part of the terrible attitude that was prevalent throughout the squad the previous years, whilst offering little in terms of end product justifying his attitude and claims.

If Gini is only worth £25million, I’d happily let Sissoko go for less than £20 just so we aren’t stuck with him.

You are right about agent claims, but given how frank Rafa has been on tmost subjects, I expect had the claims there was an agreement in place been untrue, then he would have said so.

• 44 Essex Geordie Bill // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Wayayman

I’ll be there with a mate who is a SUFC supporter in their end.

Probably my first live Toon game in around thirty years.

So if you see a bald bearded bloke getting set on every we score that will probably be me. 🙂

This is by the way a reply rather than a comment.

• 45 ToonRich // Jul 25, 2016 at 2:59 PM

WWSBRD, I agree we have many players that CAN play in the 3 behind the front man…But we dont have any real competition in the wide poisitions for Aarons and Ritchie.
    I dont think Thauvin & Goofy have the craft or pace we desire (which we got from Andros), SDJ & Perez have to be placed centrally to get the best from them. Only maybe Janmaat to comepete on the right…

• 46 Komag // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:02 PM

Liverpool is only second to Sunderland on my hate list… I dont care if Wijnaldum breaks both his feet and stop playing football now.

Worst bunch of shit hype trash supporters in the country.. Never compare that shit club to Newcastle United again please.

• 47 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:07 PM

LG

I don’t know, I just think that Rafa will ignore all that he has heard about past performances and make his own decisions based on what he has seen himself, and I get the distinct impression that he wants Sissoko to stay, I don’t think that he was overly concerned about Gini but for me I think he is about Sissoko, and we aren’t really in a position to tell him that he is wrong after all we are supposed to be trusting this guy and not trying to force a player out who he obviously wants to keep, that doesn’t sit right for me, what we should be doing is backing the manager and his calls, so really we should be telling Sissoko how KK transformed us very quickly and how Rafa now has that same type of momentum behind him and be telling him that he can achieve his goals here, but we aren’t doing are we, basically in a way we are telling Rafa that his judgement is flawed, we aren’t doing that intentionally but in a round a bout way we are, because its blatantly obvious that Rafa want’s him here.

• 48 chicousa // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Gouffy still being dangled in the shop window, still no buyers willing to pay his wages. Would love to see him move on… 🙂

• 49 welshgeordie9 // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:11 PM

Why are they still banging on about Gini on newcastlenewsnow, he’s gone ffs.

Mentioning him more now than when he was here.

• 50 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Welsh

Thing is. Newcastle newsnow coalates any sport news articles that mention newcastle, and most of the gini articles probably say things like “former nufc player…” I am affraid we are probably stuck with it for the time being.

• 51 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:15 PM

Spoof,
    Does he want him to stay, or is he trying to force the price as high as he can for him? It would have been foolish to come out and say he was happy to see him leave, or that he wanted to sell him.

• 52 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:16 PM

Tell you what I would love to see, De Jong be injury free and playing for us like he did for Ajax, I’ve spent the last couple of days expressing my concern about a possible lack of quality due to our sales and expected sales, but wouldn’t it be great if we finally saw the true De Jong because that lad can play, he is exactly what we are crying out for, unfortunately he cannot be relied upon.

• 53 JDdubai // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:16 PM

No way Aarons will,be able to play every 3/4 days, if he can manage once a aweek that would be better than expected.

Therefore we need at least 4 first choice wingers/wide players in the squad as they will need rotating this season a lot. Currently we only have Aarons and Ritchie for me who would be first choice, no-one realistically pushing them.

• 54 YouCouldn'tMakeItUp // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Welsh,

You asked spoof earlier what do newcastle still need….i’ll hoy my opinion in, i think we need a creative amf, and a starting reliable LB.

• 55 Wayayman // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Essex Geordie Bill, I’ll keep an eye out for the scuffles then mate 😉

On Sissoko, he reminds me of when my son’s team played the QPR academy a couple of years back. The QPR head of the academy gave a talk to all of the lads just before the game started as it was a friendly. He told all of these 11 yr olds that he wasnt interested in anything other than seeing some “wow moments”.

All of the QPR players were fast and selfish. As a keen student of coaching myself I was really disappointed with the coach’s comments as they’re one of the top academies in the country.

• 56 hibbitt // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Alvaro Arbeloa
    i put this name forward 10 days ago and had to dive for cover
    lb / rb could be a good short term signing worked with Rafa at Real Madrid

• 57 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:22 PM

LG

No I seriously do believe that he does want him to stay, it was obvious from last season that he was a Rafa favourite, fans were calling for both him and Gini to be dropped, Gini was but he was moved to his preferred position and made captain, so no it’s not about upping the price as that has already been set, it’s about Rafa trying to get him to stay, and if he can do that willingly then all the better, but I doubt that will happen.

• 58 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:23 PM

French website Le10 Sport
    claim as an exclusive, Dortmund and Liverpool have approached the player directly to tell him what they would be prepared to pay him were he to join them as they look for personal terms agreement early on.

• 59 hibbitt // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Lilo

without doubt it’s to keep the price high no point in telling them we will be glad to see the back of him

• 60 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:27 PM

Charlie

have they had permission from us to approach the player, if not which I doubt as we have been led to believe that no bid has been made let alone accepted then they could be in big trouble, real big trouble, an illegal approach I would expect carry a huge penalty.

• 61 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Spoof,
    Rafa says no price has been set though. I doubt we will get the £35million the papers claim, so we are still trying to drive the price up. The only club that I have seen as lose to confirmed as having enquired about Sissoko are West Brom. From what I read they were offering around £8million. Probably far closer to his value than the £35million being quoted in the press. It will be interesting to see which of these teams that have been credited with an interest actually firm up with an actual bid for him. At the moment it is just media rumours, and we all know how many players get linked to clubs with very little factual evidence.

If we wanted to keep a talented attacking player with a shoddy attitude then the player to keep was HBA. Sissoko isn’t even half the player on his good days, and has an equally poor attitude.

• 62 hibbitt // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Spoof / Charlie

think it’s one of those times not to believe everything you read in the newspapers

don’t think either Dortmund or Liverpool would be daft enough to make an approach like that public

• 63 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Charlie,
    I can’t see Liverpool being after him given they just signed Wijnaldum. Given the players they already had there and the arrival of Mane, it would be a strange signing indeed. I reckon this is a regurgitated and embellished rumour from a few weeks back.

• 64 Spoof // Jul 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM

LG

It’s possible that I missed it but I don’t recall a press release where we stipulated that the asking price for Gini was £25m but we all knew what offer was needed to get him, now I accept that the asking price or alleged asking price for Sissoko may be a bit harder to achieve, so why such a difference in the asking price, for me it comes across that Rafa was happy enough to allow Gini to go, but not Sissoko.

Yes we here rumour after rumour after rumour, but at times you do get a good idea of what is happening, the £25m for Gini was on the mark, the release clause for Townsend was on the mark, so why should we dismiss the Sissoko asking price.

HBA had gone long before Rafa came so he could hardly have kept that shoddy attitude, having said that I do agree, as much as I like Sissoko and as much as I feel and believe that Rafa could get the best out of him, I too would prefer Rafa to try and get the best out of Benny as he could have quite easily been one of the best in the world, but such is life.

• 65 chubtree // Jul 26, 2016 at 9:55 AM

I agree about arbeloa. If he’s not a sicknote get him in for numbers. He can play left and right back which enables Janmaat or dummett to fill in at CB if required. We have mbemba, lascelles, the lad from Blackburn. Get one more CB in either really experienced to assist them and Play when required or another promising young lad like the lad from Brighton who would be a great signing for us. Do chelski or citeh have any promising young lads we could borrow to give them experience??
    We need a creative midfielder as well, someone who knows that league like a hoolahan from Norwich. They won’t sell him but someone like that. Another wife player and perhaps another striker.
    I’ll be amazed if we don’t sell at least 2 more Sissoko, possibly Tim krul and then maybe Janmaat but I hope not. He can play rm,rb and CB so would be useful.

previous post: Real Madrid Willing To Pay Big Money For Moussa Sissoko