Agent Arrives On Tyneside To Close Deal For Newcastle Player

There’s news today from Italy that Florian Thauvin’s agent Fabrizio Ferrari has arrived in Newcastle in a bid to close a deal to have his client move to Italian club Lazio, hopefully by the end of this coming weekend.

Newcastle turned down an offer from Lazio only yesterday and it now would appear there is heightened activity to try to reach an agreement with Newcastle on the transfer of the 23 year-old French winger.

matt rihchie florian thauvin

Florian Thauvin in training

Marseille and Lazio seem the only two clubs interested in Florian and it seems both clubs are trying to close  a loan deal with an option to buy.

When Lazio’s interest first materialized at the beginning of July this is some of what Ferrari said at the time:

“I do have a rapport with Lazio director Igli Tare.”

“He did not enjoy Newcastle and would be better off in Italy , France or Spain.”

“He’s a valuable player and when a big club like Lazio arrives, it is only normal he is flattered by their interest.”

“But for now there are no negotiations.”

But Lazio have since entered into negotiations for Thauvin and financial terms with the player have already been agreed by the Italian club.

There are different accounts  of what the financials are of the proposed loan deal for Florian.

The Chronicle are reporting today that Lazio are offering  a one-year loan, with a loan fee of £1M going to Newcastle, and the transfer for £9M will be triggered if he plays a certain number of games.

The terms reported in Italy in the last couple of days were that the loan fee was 2M (£1.67M) and the transfer fee was 11M (£9.2M) – so they are fairly close.

This was the same kind of deal arranged last summer for Remy Cabella that had the Frenchman move permanently to Marseille this summer for around £7.5M with Newcastle also getting a loan fee – probably for £1M.

The Chronicle are also reporting that both Lazio and Marseille  are offering the above loan deal with an option to buy.

But Newcastle would still be losing anywhere from £2M to £3M on the above deal, which is why they are  probably keen to at least break even on Thauvin.

Reports in Italy suggest the deal could even be wrapped up by the end of the weekend.

As we mentioned this morning, Florian could prefer a move back to Marseille, his former club, but maybe the wages offered by Lazio are higher than those offered by the French club?

Since agents usually get paid a percentage of the deal,  it’s small wonder if Ferrari is recommending a move to Lazio – and Florian gets higher wages too.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:43 PM

So replace Thauvin with Knockhaert? Sounds a good deal to me!!

Pritchard in as well hopefully so that would give us:

Richie, Aarons , Pritchard and Knockhaert as wide options !!

Still need another striker and a creative central midfielder as well

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Hes a bit more like Mahrez/Arfa than Cabella/Thauvin

Would love us to sign him ! Guessing he wasn’t on Mondial Agencies roster which is why Carr never looked at him?

• lesh

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Ok, we may lose a couple of million on Thauvin’s transfer fee but surely there’s a similar saving on his waves – that’s assuming the reportedly interested clubs are to pay them in full for the period of his loan?

And, I wouldn’t be surprised if Ferrari’s rocked up looking a little commission/ brokering fee.

• nightfa11

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:05 PM

i dont think we need another striker..
    mitro, perez, gayle and arma should suffice..all of them are good, all of them need games..oh and sell rivi..

as for knockhaert..sign him up..

• ToonRich

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Going back to the rb/lb situation…I’d prefer to see Gamez at rb as he is naturally right-footed, this was evident at Doncaster as he was reluctant to cross on his left. As for LB, Mbabu bossed Chelsea from that position, although hes also an rb by trade!

I want more creativity in the team first, and AK would provide that. If it wsas only between him or Pritchard…I’d still pick AK; he’s more experience at this level and has more assists in him I think. Pritchard would suit the central role better.

I’ve said previously Forestieri would be a great buy…but cant see the Owls selling him, they dont need the money, and he’s their best chance of making promotion.

• Rotonda heights

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:20 PM

manx

martinez has a better record than pardew who you have no problems with. Don’t get all the hate. Martinez has had a mixed career, but no worse than a lot of managers and at least martinez always tried to play football, even when having to work with the likes of caldwell at wigan.

RM got a team promoted, won the FA cup, came 5th and into europe, scoring a record number of goals, after buying lukaku in his first season at everton.

as i say i don’t get the hate when you find no fault with inferior managers who never enjoyed greater success or played the game how it should be or even tried to.

• AndyMac

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Never mind Thauvin I keep reading that Cabella is still our player despite an alleged “deal” with Marseilles ?

Plus Riviere aint going anywhere soon nor I suspect is Goof, so tell me again why we bought these “Frenchies” ?

• Rotonda heights

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM

lesh

is thauvin a surfer too?

ed

would think it is much easier for thauvin to make a transition from the south of france to neighbouring italy.

• davetoon

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM

Surely Thauvin can make an impact in the Championship. If he has the right attitude and Rafa wants to keep him we should demand a permanent transfer now.

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Goodness sake, when I read the headline, I thought thank goodness, moussa sissoko is away. Now we have rid of the biggest rotten apples in the team. Espically as the Paul Pogba deal is done, it will defies be sissoko.

What did I find when opened up, Thauvin agent is here!

• davetoon

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:25 PM

Or keep him

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Really hope we get this Knockeart fella in.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:31 PM

I’m not 100% convinced Gayle can do the business. On the basis of that I would like to think Benitez will get another striker.

Also – Shelvey – seems to be working hard and a couple of weeks ago reported losing 6 -7 kilos in weight.
    However if he reverts to being lost in midfield and starts his arm waving antics again -we’ll not have much of an attacking threat from midfield.
    Therefore as cover/rotation another AM for me.

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM

The only time I remember Thauvin doing anything was against a lower league team. I think it was 3 assist & a goal in a game. Mite be useful in the championship.

• Jib

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Eddy Silvestre a very tall Spanish – born Azerbaijani midfielder has just signed from Cordoba for Fulham.
    Which is hardly earth-shattering news.
    What is interesting is – NUFC nearly bought him – which signifies Rafa is still very active in the transfer market.

• manxpie

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:50 PM

Rotonda i had a problem with the likes of you putting ALL the blame on pardew when it was obvious that the problem was far deeper including shite players.
    Bruce and pardew have recently reached the FA cup final, mccliesh won the league cup so did mcclaren who also reached the eufa cup final so your point is pretty poor tbh as all cup comps have a huge amount of luck, martinez also got relegated the same year.

He can’t get a team to defend so all the nice football in the world would still mean his teams will ultimately fail as has been proven even with a squad as good as evertons was

• SupaToonKid

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Shadow

You are quite right. He notched a hat-trick of assists and a goal against Northampton Town in the cup last season. His only real notable contribution and I believe it was his full debut. Much promise was shown and I believe too if Rafa can invigorate him he could become a success in the Championship.

However due to his rare use in pre-season I can see us cashing in as it would seem he’s happy to leave as well + he is more of an unknown commodity. The options of Knockheart and Pritchard resemble more reliable success in my eyes. Although, I would argue that we need currently at least 1 more winger/attacking mid with the current squad but if/when Sissoko or Thauvin leave we’d need both AK & AP and if both left I’d say we’d need 3 more.

For me let’s say both Sissoko and Thauvin deals go through. I’d sign AK as FT’s replacement, Mo Diame as MS’s replacement (would be ideal to fulfil the void left of Sissoko’s power + I’d say a more complete box to box player than Sissoko, however I feel if Sissoko stayed Rafa would make Sissoko into the box to box powerhouse he has the potential to be) and Pritchard as the much needed extra creative source.

After that ideally a left footed LB is bought and I believe we’re done. I feel with the wing/attacking midfield additions I have listed a further striker wouldn’t be overly necessary. If we were to sign another striker he’d have to be better than current crop imo and I can’t see anyone realistically who’s available to do that (maybe McCormack but that’s about it + I don’t know enough about this Che Adams to advocate for him).

• SupaToonKid

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Left back I’d be very happy with the Walsall lad Rico Henry. Seems ideal for the role and has even more potential than Charlie Taylor of Leeds. I still think Robbie Brady a shout too but I think he’s 1 of those too good for the Championship but too average for the Prem players if I’m honest. We need players with the potential to become a star in the Prem, Henry is the most likely to.

Quick side note on Thauvin, I think he has huge potential if kept and nurtured correctly, more than AK tbh.

• Our Toon

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Spurs have put a 10m price tag on Benteleb, would anyone prefer him as tiote replacement. I think he’s a better player than Pritchard and 2m more for a proven player

• ToonRich

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:56 PM

@19, Would prefer to stay away from Spud players if we can!! Overpriced really!

• Belfast

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:05 PM

The last article has him only wanting to join Marseille and the next article has his agent in town to seal a move to Lazio.

Someone is talking monkey here.

• Ian Toon

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:06 PM

I work with an Everton fan and he spent much of the past season saying that it has confirmed Martinez’s failings as a manager. He’s a football fan and talks sense and not only because he largely endorsed my long term thinking on Martinez. Had he ever been manager at the toon under the financial restrictions imposed on Pardew then we would have been relegated a few seasons back.

The Everton defence individually has capable defenders. But, as a unit they were as bad as they’ve been this past season, the blame lies with the manager. Everton generally play two defensive midfielders in Barry and McCarthy, so there is simply no excuse for the state of the defence. Something you frequently blamed Pardew for doing as I recall. Tim Howard’s form post-WC was atrocious, and Martinez was largely responsible for the breakdown in the relationship between Howard and the fans. He should have taken him out of the firing line sooner. Whereas he took John Stones out of the team an damaged his confidence- the best young CB since Rio in my opinion. This ostracised Stones who Everton fans wanted to build the side around going forward.

You were always very critical of Pardew’s press conferences but the fans at Everton were frequently enraged by Martinez’s relentless optimism viewed as great when they were winning, but was incredibly grating when rank bad. He simply ended up sounding deluded and as if commenting on another game. Everton fans last season thought they had their best side in decades but ended up in one of their lowest league positions in a decade. He was also blamed by the majority of fans for damaging the development of a number of other young players who’s form has fallen away under his management. He has a track record of not being able to organise a defence and is slow witted and lacking in tactical nous. Something you’ve always been reluctant to acknowledge. It has undermined your credibility not least with Betty.

Something I read in an Everton fanzine – The majority of fans use an analogy from GOT; Under Moyes, we were like Ned Stark and were a bit more ‘honour-bound’. No dives, no ill-disciplined players, industrious but not too flashy. Fans often complained that we didn’t ever try to get into the ref’s ears to force decisions our way. Very professional. Well-liked all around, but at the end of the day we are powerless to stop our death. We know the sword is coming, we accept it and die a somewhat honorable death.
    Under Martinez it was more like the Red Viper Oberyn Martell. More flashy, get a lot more attention for our style of play, lot more dives, lot more petulance, a lot more threatening, inspirational at times. At the end of the day simply flattered to massively deceive. For me it sums up Martinez all style and limited substance.

I personally was hoping Martinez would get the S’land job.

• Ian Toon

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:12 PM

That was for manxpie/ Rotonda.

• Belfast

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Nufc Paul could you elaborate on the financial situation at Marseille a little further please? I’ve been baffled by this for a few seasons now. They are constantly selling players for millions but always pleading poverty.

I just came to the conclusion they where taking the piss especially at British clubs expense.

• Ian Toon

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Belfast – I wish I had your command of language. Very succinct.

• ShirebrookToon

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Sick of hearing about this tw@t now. Get him fcuking gone and spend the money to bring knockeart or someone of that mould

• Offkey

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:16 PM

Nice to see Ian toon keeping it either non nufc related or non football related……kettle…….pot……black, he just can’t help himself, once he’s gone we can get back to the proper football chat

• Belfast

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:17 PM

Good enough for the daily planet Buster ??

Yer right!!

• Ian Toon

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Belfast – Can you help me please.
    – Is Mr Tubbs, Mike Ashley ?
    – What/ who is talking monkey? What’s that all about.
    – Who is Buster ?

• Belfast

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I was reading the other day they could only afford 40% of Gomis wages and Swansea would have to pay the rest. They’ve only banked about 50 million odds this summer.

• Ian Toon

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Parting is such sweet sorrow but on a double shift and want to get something treat.
    Wish we’d get a few creators/ goal scorers on board.

• geordie157

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:26 PM

Adnan Januzaj, Will Keane and James Wilson, midfielder Andreas Pereira and defenders Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Tim Fosu-Mensah, Tyler Blackett and Paddy McNair

Any of this Man U lot worth a look….I think Pereira and Borthwick-Jackson would be great signings.

• ToonRich

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:29 PM

@32, TF-M is highly rated is he not?

Would love to see Januzaj, but sure he could get a loan deal to a top european club no problem.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:32 PM

Why this Newcastle “Star” only wants a move to one club. Since when is Thauvin a Newcastle star/ I don’t recall him doing anything starlike for us. Or did I miss an incredible season where he scored 20 and had 20 assists for us?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Thaujam is just toe jam to me. He did nothing for us. Wash him out immediately for a nice bit of cash and stop buying French flops. Harrumph!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:37 PM

Forget about Jasonjazz or whatever his name is. He won’t come to us. Let’s get re-focused people!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Adnan Jasonjazz! Adnan Jasonjazz!
    He’s not coming!
    We’re still looking!

• GeordieTwo

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:44 PM

A lot of you have been saying “But G2 we have been selling top, top players and replacing them with English dabblers and lower league piffle….” Absolutely not true lads. These are hard working professionals with some grit in their crops and a desire to win! Harrumph….. Unbelievable….

• beermonkey

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:45 PM

g2

evening how r u

does any1 know if tomoz friendly will be on tv or streamed

• GeordieTwo

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Beermonkey! Where have you been mate? I’m hoping this periscope thing is available although not great quality. Desperate times my friend….

1 2 3 5