The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Half Time: Newcastle 3 Vitesse 0 – Video Of Goals

3:50 pm, Saturday, July 30th, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 82 Comments

nufc emblemVitesse_logo.svg

Newcastle are 3-0 up at home in the final friendly of the season and they have looked very good in the first half.

Newcastle went ahead after 22 minutes with an own goal from Kelvin Leerdam, who deflected a shot from Dwight Gayle into his own net.

Newcastle made it 2-0 after 36 minutes and it was Dwight Gayle who scored after an excellent move from Newcastle in which Ayoze Perez was impressive.

And then would you believe it, but after 41 minutes Newcastle went 3-0 up and it was an unlikely scorer – local lad Jack Colback – who put the ball into the back of the net.

It was another good move from Newcastle with Perez crossing the ball beautifully and Colback heading the ball past goalkeeper Room.

Newcastle seem to be in complete control at half time.

Here’s the video of all three goals from nufcTV and we wonder if there are any season tickets still available?

🙂 🙂 🙂

Tags: Friendlies · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Video

82 responses so far ↓

• 1 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 3:54 PM

LR32 I contribute to this blog much more and much longer than you and my posts are pretty much 99% related to Newcastle unlike many others.

If I find links on match day I post them probably unlike you sit back and expect other people to do the searching for you.

• 2 mattyNUFC // Jul 30, 2016 at 3:54 PM

logged in just to say

NUFC 83 – i’m assuming ’83 was you’re birth year. that puts you at about 33 years old

what a loser you are. trying to justify winding people up. how sad

• 3 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Hayden is surely ahead of Tiote. Colback is ahead of Shelvey.

Anita is hardworker so it is hard to bench him for Aarons but its Aarons that is missing on that team. I love Darlow to be in goal.

• 4 Ron Knee // Jul 30, 2016 at 3:57 PM

HALF-TIME: #nufc 3-0 Vitesse – Thoroughly deserved lead for the Magpies. Cruise control, with Ritchie & Gayle catching the eye

• 5 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Haha thanks Matty I guess your a Pokemon go nerd? Lighten up a little you fag.

• 6 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:01 PM

Hayden will be a monster for us this year I wonder if Carr should take the credit for him?

• 7 manxpie // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:01 PM

It’s ridiculous that the club aren’t showing it they are obviously filming the whole thing

• 8 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM

I guess they would see it as a loss of attendance if they game was being shown live. I am also not sure what platform they could show it on possibly nufctv on the net.

• 9 JP...from The Rock // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Manxpie- really don’t get that. Why on earth don’t NUFC TV broadcast the matches for members. I bet they’ll get thousands of new members if they would, makes no sense. I would happily pay to see all the games.

• 10 mattyNUFC // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM

nufc 83

if any more proof past trolling was needed that at 33 you truly are a sad, lonely human being, your uninhibited use of homophobic slurs surely sets the record for you

pathetic. come back with whatever insult your thick mind can conjure. it’ll just reinforce what everyone else already knows…

• 11 Tsunki // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM

There he is! Just when you think nufc-83 is actually a contributor to the blog, he can’t last long before he has to remind everyone who he really is – the sleaze ball still waiting for jimmymagpie to be resurrected so he can say he was right about him not dying. Not a nice guy, and now driven to wasting fellow fans time and calling them “fags”. Contributor? Ha ha. Ha.

• 12 JP...from The Rock // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Nufc83- i doubt that would be the case as we always fill our stadium even when EPL matches were all shown on tv.

• 13 firebug666 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM

JP…from The Rock

But if the broadcast the game the prices would go up stopping a lot of people from subscribing I would think.

• 14 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM

Nufc-83 I’ll leave it at that then if you don’t know what I’ve posted.

Regardless of what you’ve posted, finding feeds is difficult enough at times, there is literally no need to wind people up over it.

I trawled through Kodi ready to tell people on here of any links, so once again your information is wrong.

• 15 Ron Knee // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:07 PM

matty

His mental age is 33 MONTHS.

• 16 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:07 PM

I’m sure Jimmy has been on the blog under many different names since then but hey we will never know.

• 17 JP...from The Rock // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Firebug666- maybe but I think they could figure something out. Chelsea tv and Man U Tv and all tha I am pretty sure show all their matches no probs, so why can’t we?

• 18 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:09 PM

JP I actually agree I think Sky would make a fortune selling a season ticket to fans to watch all games live. I would probably pay about 3-400 a season for that service.

• 19 Very Terry // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:09 PM

You may well contribute to the blog but, imho, your positive blogs are being cancelled out by your posts of wind-up links.
    It seems I’m not the only one who feels this way and it seems like you are the only one who finds it amusing/entertaining/defensible…

• 20 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Firebug

Not every fan can attend a match. Many must live well outside the North East. Many don’t even live in England.

The club should televise the matches. I’m sure many would be prepared to pay.

• 21 firebug666 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:11 PM

JP…from The Rock

I don’t disagree mate, I think they should show them, and pre season should be for free, I just think NUFC-TV would hike the prices up to show games.

• 22 Ron Knee // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:12 PM

It’s back:-

• 23 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Slank I would pay for a televised season ticket

• 24 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Very terry I actually thought people would just laugh it off as I only carried it on for about 5 mins and I did pre warn everyone the only possibility is periscope. I guess it’s not funny to some so I apologise if I have caused any distress or broken keyboards 🙂

• 25 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:14 PM

One back up.

• 26 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Slank, it is only our capitalist system which limits people from watching most matches in the world. The technology is there for people to enjoy and view most games. That in itself is a big shame.

• 27 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Sounds like poor defending after all the good work looking solid.

• 28 SUTTY1978 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:16 PM

I see our opposition for Friday are 2-0 up against Palace

• 29 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:16 PM

cheers, ron

• 30 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Will @ 23

I would pay too.

I suspect that many on this blog don’t live anywhere near the North East.

The club have talked in the past about promoting the brand we’ll surely a first positive step should be to show games live to paying subscribers.

• 31 Ron Knee // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:18 PM

Laurent

Is it working for you? My picture is frozen!

• 32 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Yeah, it’s working, Ron.

• 33 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:21 PM

nufc 83

got to wonder what your motivation is. you must get some sort of buzz I guess. You’re not stupid; you just have bad luck when thinking.

• 34 Very Terry // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:21 PM

fair enough mate
    let’s keep it positive, HWTL.

• 35 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:21 PM

As they say Vitese plays better second half

• 36 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Not good poor defending again!!

• 37 Thump // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:22 PM

Defending is still an issue, apparently.

• 38 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:22 PM

Laurent @ 26

To the contrary, it’s our capitalist system that allows us to watch games live. Before Sky there was nothing.

• 39 Rafa Revolution // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Actually 4 subs for #nufc: ON Shelvey, Aarons, Armstrong, Gamez. OFF Colback, Hanley, Ritchie, Perez

• 40 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:26 PM

a few crumbs don’t make a full meal, Slank.

• 41 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:29 PM

The defence lost concentration. Hanley then will miss out for Mbemba

• 42 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Set pieces again we should do something

• 43 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Laurent

Better to have crumbs than an empty plate.

Before Sky there was only MOTD on a Saturday night. The only live game was the cup final. There were European nights. I was in the ground to watch the Fairs Cup final but I don’t think it was on the telly.

• 44 Rafa Revolution // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:32 PM

sub coming up for Newcastle here. Jamie Sterry is coming on – and so is Aleksandar Mitrovic. Janmaat and Gayle going off. Saivet is also on for Anita.

• 45 Essex Geordie Bill // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:33 PM

So whats the score now

• 46 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:35 PM

3-2

• 47 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Slank I don’t think you can compare before to so many years later as a justification why they don’t offer something like a season ticket to view live matches. The technology has moved on so much now I think it’s more to do with clubs protecting attendances. I also wonder what would be more lucrative the bidding rights to show selected live prem games as per sky and BT or offering a season ticket to fans to watch the games. I guess you could combine them both and make huge money tbh.

• 48 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:37 PM

but why have crumbs when there is a full meal in front of you? There’s no excuse not to watch every single toon game every week.

Technology will always progress but it is held back due to profit and scarcity.

You might not mind it, but I do.

Inclusion, sharing and creativity would progress technology a lot faster than the purposeful corporate bottle-necking which goes on.

Anyway, enjoy the game.

• 49 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:39 PM

Just seen the goals against and I really can’t understand for the 1st one who was marking the goalscorer? He was standing next to Sels on his own although the ball came through a bit lucky.

• 50 Rafa Revolution // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Saivet forces a save out of room low down. Nobody follows up. #nufc

• 51 SUTTY1978 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Broadcasting rules prevent any games being legally shown live at 3.00pm on a Saturday, so they couldn’t offer a season ticket to watch all games. It would mean they would have to hire some commentators as well, unless Charnley fancies doing it?

• 52 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:42 PM

Nufc 83

You may be taking the comparison out of context. I was making the comparison of what it was like before Sky. And yes I agree that technology has changed things but I don’t see why the club can’t show matches like this on their own website. It’s not as if it’s competing with any national broadcaster, which would I assume be a contractual issue.

• 53 Ian Toon // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Laurent- I don’t want to disturb your self congratulatory musings but you clearly no very little about free market capitalism.

• 54 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:44 PM

There was always talk of Sir John Hall wanting to bring us our own TV channel. We’re still waiting.

• 55 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Slang I agree this is not something the club could take upon themselves to do via their website but it could come through sky as a package I’m sure.

• 56 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Slank*

• 57 welshgeordie9 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:45 PM

will die for the toon army

Why should hanley be replaced, he’s only been here over a week, haven’t played much this preseason and he had a excellent first half today, we conceded so what, he and the rest will only get better, today was a game of two halfs.

• 58 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:45 PM

Ian Toon, I know about master multiples that get caught red handed…

• 59 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Laurent Robert

‘…There’s no excuse not to watch every single toon game every week…’

Other than perhaps living in Australia, Africa, America or Europe ?

• 60 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:49 PM

That is just a time issue throughout the day, Slank, not a technological one.

• 61 Ron Knee // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:50 PM

It’s all over at Bootham Crescent, and #NUFC Under-23s have earned a 1-1 draw with @yorkcityfc thanks to Stuart Findlay’s deflected header.

• 62 Ian Toon // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Laurent – What is the relevance! I guess it’s an admission of having lost the argument – change the subject.

• 63 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Nufc 83

It has been mentioned earlier that some premier league clubs have their own TV channel but I don’t know whether they show friendlies.

• 64 will die for the toon army // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:51 PM

I think its a boost. We havent lost as a team in 14 games now that is amazing.

• 65 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:52 PM

Laurent

I agree with Ian Toon.

• 66 Ron Knee // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:54 PM

“FT #NUFC 3 Vitesse 2. Excellent 1st half, terrible defending at corners in 2nd. Bet I can guess which’ll be focus of training next week”

Sounds familiar!

• 67 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Back to football.

For the anoraks, when was the last time we never lost a pre season game ?

I can’t remember but then my memory is not what it used to be.

• 68 Ian Toon // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Laurent- You’re a woolly thinker. Stick to loop repetition on Pardew.

• 69 daztoon // Jul 30, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Laurent

Carl/Pushy,Root etc,etc will be on shortly to back him up.

• 70 Average_Contents // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM

And your a sad tosspot with multiple accounts because your views are shite and you need somebody to agree with.

Let’s not forget the pushy pardew incident eh! Before you throw accusations around about other bloggers I suggest you look in the mirror you maggot.

• 71 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM

Laurent

Why were you on this blog during the match ?

Could you not get to the game as you seem quite force right in that they should be no excuse for not attending ?

Perhaps you live abroad like me.

• 72 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Ian/carl/pushy. Lost an argument?

I’m for a Natural Law Resource Based Economy where the earth is put first and technological advancement isn’t born out of monetary accumulation and greed alone, but has actual efficient uses for the benefit of society rather than consumption for consumption sake.

You don’t know what I know, so don’t tell me otherwise.

For someone who has been caught numerous times being mischievous on the blog, your credibility has melted.

• 73 Ian Toon // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:02 PM

Slank- I see Fulham beat Palace 3-1. I am sure Benitez will have had someone watching the game. That said not sure you learn too much in friendlies.

• 74 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:03 PM

I’ve been working all day, Slank. This has been my break. from 3pm-5pm.

I’ve got my season ticket for this season again.

• 75 Ron Knee // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:05 PM

My first day of retirement & Newcastle manage a win.
    Good!

• 76 Rotonda heights // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:05 PM

you do have to kind of admire ian toon’s bare faced audacity to front it out from being called a multiple to a stalker.

• 77 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Laurent

Why didn’t you take the day off and watch the lads and adhere to your own forthright views expressed earlier ?

• 78 Ian Toon // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:05 PM

You didn’t have any standing to melt. Try living in the real world – you sound like Rob MacToon!

• 79 Nufc-83 // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Would like to hear a detailed view from someone who was at the game.

• 80 Slank // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Ron Knee @ 75

Congratulations on becoming an old fart.

It’s a grand life.

• 81 Ian Toon // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Laurent- You’re a mature 50+ year old and along with rotonda indulging in silly tittle tattle precisely what you were both criticising others for earlier.

Grow up.

• 82 MacToon // Jul 30, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Ian Toon, you don’t KNOW me but here you are yet again name dropping looking for an argument. You really
    are a sad individual.

If Ed does check through here, I have not posted since the end of the season and for a reason only known to Ian
    Toon, he has used my name to troll your great blog, yet again.

previous post: New Arrival Had To Pinch Himself When He Saw St. James’ Park