The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Benitez Interested In Top Manchester United Youngster

6:27 pm, Sunday, July 31st, 2016 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 106 Comments

The Sun is reporting that Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez is interested in bringing Manchester United’s young 21 year-old center-back Paddy McNair to Tyneside.

It seems that Paddy may be surplus to requirements under new manager Jose Mourinho – and it’s a bit surprising since Paddy has been quite impressive when he’s played in the Red Devils first team.

Former Red Devils boss Davide Moyes – now the Sunderland manager – is keen to quickly bring new players to the Stadium of Light so it’s not altogether surprising he may return to one of his former clubs for some players.

paddy mcnair

Paddy McNair – 21 year-old top young center-back

From what we can tell it’s bad news for young players when Jose Mourinho joins a club,  since he usually only wants to play the experienced players in the first team.

Newcastle already have three good young center-backs in Jamaal Lascelles, Chancel Mbemba and new boy Grant Hanley, and we have been linked again with Swedish U-21 International center-back Felip Helander today.

The news is that Rafa Benitez would be able to offer Paddy McNair more chance of playing time than he would get at the Black Cats – although that is in the English second division.

For his part, Paddy wants to convince the new manager he’s good enough to be given a chance at the Red Devils.

This is what Paddy said in the Belfast Telegraph earlier this month:

“I’m confident that I can show the manager what I’m all about.” “I believe in my ability and hopefully he likes what he sees and gives me a chance.”

Good for him.

We’d be a bit surprised if Paddy wanted to move down a level, since he already seems good enough to play at the Premier League level.

Anyway, we have also learned in the last few months that the attraction of  Rafa Benitez to young players is a big one.

Paddy has played 27 times for the Red Devils first team and 11 times for Northern Ireland.

106 responses so far ↓

• 1 GeordieTwo // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:32 PM

How many young CB’s do we really need? We already have at least 4 decent young’uns if you count Lascelles, and Mbemba and the new lad Finlay, and Lubo Satka.

• 2 ShirebrookToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Who is this Finlay lad you mention G2?

• 3 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:33 PM

G2

I agree CB should be last priority if we are gonna get one.

Hopefully Knockaert will sign before the Fulham game if Thauvin does leave

• 4 GeordieTwo // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Let’s get a good AMF in next. I have no faith in De Jong, and I’m still not sure about Shelvey to be honest.

• 5 ShirebrookToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:36 PM

What about andreas pereira from man Utd

• 6 GeordieTwo // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Sorry I think it’s spelled Findlay Shirebrook mate. We got him from Celtic. Supposed to be impressing Beardsley already. Age 20, 6 foot 3.

• 7 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:37 PM

How will wolves comply with ffp? If they’re gonna be spending £30+m with hardly much money coming from any player sales surely they’ll be fined? We should be fine as we’ve made a net profit so far haven’t we and that’s not including Sissoko and Thauvin leaving

• 8 SPRINGY // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:37 PM

shirebrook
    finlay is young cb we signed a few weeks back,dont know if he was with celtic,released or contract ran out but meant to be a decent player, still young though.

• 9 ShirebrookToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:38 PM

Aahhh right. Thought it was a typo and you meant to put Hanley G2

• 10 GeordieTwo // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:38 PM

I would take Pereira in a heartbeat Shirebrook mate.

• 11 ShirebrookToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:39 PM

Has That been reported on SSN JT?

• 12 ShirebrookToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Is he being released by Manure or has he been told he’s not wanted or something along those lines

• 13 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:43 PM

Shelley – looked like he had lost a least 2 stone Divent ask me what that is in kilos – I know he was not on the pitch long but didn’t make much difference in his performance though!!

• 14 GeordieTwo // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:45 PM

He hasn’t been released Shirebrook mate. He scored in a friendly against Wigan this season. I think they will definitely hold on to him. Our only chance would be a loan. Not likely I’m afraid.

• 15 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Water Zenga using his contacts at wolves. Interesting to see this!!

• 16 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM

I see Forestieri scored and played the whole game for Shef Wednesday today. Doesn’t seem like he’s on the move anytime soon…

• 17 GeordieTwo // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:56 PM

I see why Rafa wants more players in with some clubs strengthening quite a bit. Zenga looks a good one for Wolves. Fulham will be good. Probably Brighton will be. And Derby? Who else will trouble us?

• 18 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Lots of Wolves fans are more concerned about being relegated than challenging for promotion. Zen garden has been at something like 15 clubs in 15 years, he’s seen as pretty clueless by most of their fans.

• 19 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Shirebrook
    He was pictured at Birmingham airport

• 20 GeordieTwo // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:57 PM

I hope they’re right then Sutty mate.l

• 21 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 6:58 PM

Sutty

I agree looking at his record he looks a very poor and unproven manager, surprised they didn’t go for someone like Gary Rowett or Roberto Martinez. But they’re making decent signings and seem to have the spending power

• 22 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:02 PM

Just looked at Zenga’s wiki page, I’ve never seen the phrase “removed from his position following a string of bad results” used so often!

• 23 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:05 PM

James, should have just kept Kenny Jacket, he was promised his job was safe and he would be the manager for the season two days before being sacked and replaced by Zenga’. Wolves have new owner implosion written all over them!

• 24 nufc 11 // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:06 PM

He played dm for northern Ireland in the euro’s. He defo an upgrade on colack.

• 25 chiefone30 // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Janmaat, Mbemba, Lascelles, Gamez
    Hayden, Shelvey
    Ritchie, Perez, Aarons
    Gayle

Subs: darlow, Hanley, Dummett, Anita, Colback, Sissoko, Armstrong

• 27 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:14 PM

Actually could be Dummett at LB and Colback instead of Shelvey.

Isn’t Mitro suspended for the first 4 games?

• 28 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Reports saying Rafa wants Knockaert to replace Thauvin and Pritchard to replace Sissoko. Decent replacements if you ask me they’ll certainly put in a lot more effort than Thauvin and Sissy, plus they’re proven at this level.

• 29 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Zenga will attract players that jackett can’t

• 30 Jib // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Twixt us and the filth for Helander’s signature

• 31 Jail for Ashley // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:31 PM

Martoon,
    138 points.
    128 goals
    7 conceded
    Dwight Gayle 46 goals
    Final
    Final.
    Winners both.
    No more said!

• 32 toontaff2 // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Am I the only one who spotted Siem De Jong on the pitch yesterday? He was on at half time, with a fork, prodding the pitch and replacing turf. Think he suffered an arm injury after two minutes of prodding.

• 33 Belfast // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:44 PM

Aye I’m sure that’ll go down well with all the Wolves players on 10-15 grand a week.

• 34 Yo-yo // Jul 31, 2016 at 7:46 PM

It’s the anniversary of England’s only World Cup triumph.
    Alf Ramsey was less concerned with playing his 11 best players than playing his best team. At last it looks like we have a manager who is assembling a team – not just 11 saleable individual assets. So I’m not worried about the Toon galacticos leaving. Although we will still have signings who fail, at least we will have a team…

• 35 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Tbh I’d still welcome Ross McCormack, looking at the stats he can play both as a number 10 and number 9, got 9 assists as well as 21 goals, would certainly strengthen the depth of the squad as he’s proven in the championship, also made a lot of key passes for Fulham last season. Despite being 29, £12million would get us a proven goalscorer for the season

• 36 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Belfast

It should go down well as they’ll get big money for promotion in bonuses

• 37 Our Toon // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:04 PM

James toon

No thanks on mccormack for that price at his age

• 38 Jib // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:13 PM

James Toon you used nearly exactly the same words about Charlie Austin (5 games 1 goal last season ) last Summer.

• 39 jazzyp // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Jamestoon

I can see him ending up at Norwich mate.I don’t think we have even enquired for Mccormack have we ??

• 40 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:14 PM

@James Toon

For me we should be all over getting Mccormack he will guarantee us the goals we need and has experience and leadership qualities !

We should not be caring about the transfer fee as his goals will help us get promoted and we would make most of the money back from another team if we were to sell him !

Get Mccormack, Pritchard, Knockaert , Mcnair and a left back and that would be us sorted for squad depth !

• 41 JP...from The Rock // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:33 PM

I am all for McCormack. Guaranteed goals at this level. At 30 he’s still got a couple of years left in him and he would jump at the chance to sign for us.

• 42 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 8:46 PM

McCormack was left out of the Fulham squad that beat Crystal Palace on Saturday, so he’s either injured or has an imminent move

• 43 Jib // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:00 PM

MacCormack to Norwich and Alex Neil
    Two North Lanarkshire boys together

• 44 Slank // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:07 PM

James Toon @ 26

I think Rafa will play Anita, Colback and Dummitt at Fulham.

I would imagine that Rafa would want to keep it tight with a solid back four with protection from his midfield.

Anita has impressed under Rafa. Dummitt has more experience in the English leagues. Colback balances the left side of the midfield.

The forward line of Perez, Gayle and Richie have pace, movement and quick feet. The formation may be a hybrid 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3

Sels
    Janmaat, Mbemba, Lascelles, Dummitt
    Hayden, Anita, Colback
    Ritchie, Gayle, Perez,

• 45 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Stank, agree with the players. Formation will definitely be 4231, Anita will be on the right flank again. He’s put in decent performances there in the last two games. Not my choice but can’t argue too much with it.
    As I mentioned earlier, think Hanley & Lascelles may play to combat the height of Smith. They do have Aluko as well though who is rapid (remember him ripping us for Hull at SJP) so perhaps Mbemba/Lascelles is best?

• 46 Harley // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:17 PM

I can’t see Rafa leaving Colback out of a starting line up. He was in every team in the premier league with every manager when fit, so can’t see that changing in the championship.

• 47 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Looks like Wolves are being busy. Just bought Silvio from Althetico Madrid. Sounds impressive as a headline, however he has spent the last three seasons on loan at Benfica and has made a total of 13 appearances.

• 48 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:28 PM

Just watched the goals from Shef Wednesdays friendly win. Forestieri looks alright, their new signing Almen Abdicate looks quality though, some of their play is like watching Barcelona but with more physical presence. Look a decent side.

• 49 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:31 PM

Bloody hate autocorrect sometimes! Abdi not abdicate!

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Ok people,
    This is my take on people dissing
    Rafa, firstly I just can’t understand why certain people are being negative towards him. Of course he is not infallible and he will get things wrong. I do not agree with Tiote being sold or why there was not only three substitutions yesterday just as Lilongwe couldn’t understand why Perez was substituted in Rafas first game against Leicester. There is simply no reason to try and take away the excitement he has generated because of this. There has not been this much positivity towards a signing since KK in 2008. To try and say that Benitez hasn’t achieved anything yet is completely beyond me. He has for starters made peolple fall back in love with club and put Mike Ashley to the bank of their minds. He has came in and completely changed the mindset of the whole club while telling us how much he loves us. How can you ask for more?

• 51 Graeme // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Jail @ 31

I’ve told you before mate – stop being so negative lmao.
    Nice one mate.

• 52 Graeme // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:39 PM

Jail @ 50 – There is absolutely NO DOUBT. The best signing NUFC made this summer is RAFA.

• 53 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:40 PM

JFA

Who are the ones being negative?

• 54 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:49 PM

We definately need another winger and I would say a really creative type Cam player. I really sing Shelveys praises in terms of his creativity but I’m starting to lose faith so I may be wrong on that one.

• 55 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:50 PM

Sutty that Forestieri is earning rave reviews and sounds exactly what we need in terms of creativity. Never seen him play mind but would be excited to see him come have we even been linked with him?

• 56 martoon // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Hi Guys
    It’s that time of the season you’ve all been waiting for – it’s prediction time. Similar to last year but I’ve changed a couple of the categories:
    Final League Position
    Final no. of points
    League Cup round
    FA Cup round
    Player of the Season (Blog)
    Top goal scorer (TGS)
    No. of goals for TGS

Can I stress – if you do enter could you put martoon in your post which makes it easy to search for.

• 57 clinath@ed // Jul 31, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Well said Jail @50

• 58 The overrated Frenchman // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Slank@44 – I agree (barring injuries) that will be the starting 11. It looks pretty much a certainty to me. Uninspiring, but pragmatic, which I think will be Rafa’s way this season.

• 59 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Nufc-83

Here’s a link to that sheff wed players profile mate. Enjoy

• 60 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM

NUFC-83

I remember him more from when he was at Watford, didn’t see much of him at SW
    These are the goals from their game today, Forestieri is no. 45

Pretty sure we’ve been linked with him in the last week or so.

• 61 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:03 PM

That’s a long link. I did try and shorten it but to no avail. Sorry.

• 62 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Obviously typing at the same time there Average!

• 63 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Ha Average you got me 🙂 see what a bit of humour does.

• 64 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:06 PM

I think, going off that link I posted that he’ll be spunked after 50-60 minutes.

• 65 welshgeordie9 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:08 PM

martoon

Final League Position 1st
    Final no. of points 93-95
    League Cup round Quarter Final
    FA Cup round. Semi Final
    Player of the Season (Blog) Ritchie because of his assists
    Top goal scorer (TGS) Gayle because of his pace
    No. of goals for TGS. 23-26

• 66 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Sutty some great passing in the clips they could be a strong team definately. Great technique on that volley aswell.

• 67 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Hmmm, doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere according to his team mate

• 68 Average_Contents // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:13 PM

Yeah, it was kinda funny but that’s not why I did it.

I’ve done it when nobody’s desperately searching for a link.

The difference being, yours was when people were after the match because they wanted to watch the team they support.

I feel the description fits you well.

• 69 SUTTY1978 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM

83, that third goal would be praised to death if it were Arsenal or Barca. They are certainly not a hoof ball team!
    Looking at that makes me so glad Colo has gone if that’s the sort of opposition we are going to face, he’d have been on his Arsenal about seven times there!

• 70 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Cheers Average I appreciate it.

• 71 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Sutty Ye I agree with you I did like Colo a couple of seasons back but he needed to go a while back.

Looking forward to Friday as it will be a real tough opener and will be a good indicator for the season ahead.

• 72 jimmysmith // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:18 PM

We have four players who can play CAM, Perez, De Jong, Shelvey and Sissoko. Sissoko will most likely go, but even then it makes little sense to bring in another unless De Jong is crocked. 4 into 2? We need a winger if Thauvin goes. For balance we could do with a Cabaye style playmaker if Sissoko or even Tiote goes, someone who can play long and short and get a foot in. I don’t see the urgency for a left back, unless Gamez can’t do it, nor a centre back. All simply my opinion, as is my disappointed in losing such a large amount of talent, but agree the only important thing is that Benitez have the authority and financial backing to reshape as he wants and can.

• 73 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:23 PM

Jimmy I like Perez there but I also like him up top through the middle and if gayle is out he may get the nod over mitro there. Sissokho is gone and de Jong is non existent (although if we ever do get him fit he could be some player). Shelvey as I said I’m starting to lose faith in so yes I think we definately need a creative cam.

• 74 Belfast // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:23 PM

We should have been in for Almen Abdi quality player.

• 75 Belfast // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:25 PM

I don’t believe Wednesday will sell Forresteri. McCormack probably more likely.

• 76 martoon // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:35 PM

Welsh I need a single figure for points and goals (so I can take an average) so I’ve put you down for 94 points and 25 goals by the TGS – if you want to change it just let me know.

• 77 jimmysmith // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:37 PM

I think we have the numbers and the cover, more so than at any time in recent memory, and so only need to replace outgoings. The concern for me is dropping ten million plus on a player for the here and now, only to be stuck with him in a years time. Hanley, fortunately was only 5-6, but I doubt he’s gonna be part of Rafas long term plans, although almost certainly he’ll be on decent money. Which is why I was arguing for the retention of Colo, and one year extensions for Saylor, and even Obertan, and why I’m happy for both Gouffran and Rivierre to see out the final year of their contract. Finding players who fit the profile is I imagine a little tough.

• 78 Jib // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Rafa meeting a former player in his office yesterday

• 79 martoon // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Spoof & Jail – you need to predict a player of the season (although I’m not sure how serious you were Jail 🙂 )

• 80 Nufc-83 // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Jimmy I don’t think we are looking to buy championship level players that we are stuck with if we go up. Richie is definately already prem level and had a good season last year. Hayden is young and has bags of potential to be a prem player. Gamez surely already is at the level to be playing for a champ league side last season. Gayle always done well at Palace and the fans are gutted he has gone so even if he wasn’t the top man for us in the prem he would be a good squad player. Hanley has the experience and is at the age CB tend to start developing by getting consistency. I don’t think any of our signings will be totally out of their depth at prem level.

• 81 YoungMagpieFromBurnley // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:43 PM

martoon

Final League Position 5th
    Final no. of points 71
    League Cup round 3Rd round
    FA Cup round. Semi-final
    Player of the Season (Blog) Lascelles
    Top goals scorer (TGS) perez
    No. of goals for TGS. 16

• 82 ShirebrookToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:45 PM

@martoon

Did you get my prediction mate?

• 83 Jib // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Martoon
    When is the closing date for entries?

• 84 jimmysmith // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Yeah we’ve bought well enough, Ritchie in particular, but it is a limited pool to draw from successfully I think.

• 85 Mister Tuff // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:51 PM

bloody Welshie caught trying to cheat on the predictions – bad as total goals between 1 -30.

• 86 dannitoon // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:52 PM

Final League Position….. 1st
    Final no. of points…..103
    League Cup round…1/4
    FA Cup round….6th rnd
    Player of the Season…..Laschelles
    Top goal scorer (TGS)…. Gayle
    No. of goals (TGS)….27

#martoon

• 87 JamesToon // Jul 31, 2016 at 10:58 PM

George caulkin from the times saying we’ve made 2 bids for 2 players, but neither are Knockaert or Pritchard?

• 88 welshgeordie9 // Jul 31, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Mister Tuff

I’m glad someone noticed, been waiting for ages for somebody to say something, you’ve got to laugh though.

Ha ha ha

Total Points 98
    League Cup – Quarters
    FA Cup – neewhere
    Player of the Season Hanley
    TGS Mitrovic
    TGS Goals 18

Back in a minute with Pokats Prediction.

• 91 Harley // Jul 31, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Jimmysmith

Re Taylor 1 year extension.

That’s a good idea but my mate is good mates with him and that’s what the club offered him. He knew that it was just to get back up and then release him and he wanted a 3 year deal. Quite rightly looking after himself. Hence why he left.
    Just thought I’d share that bit of info.

• 92 jimmysmith // Jul 31, 2016 at 11:29 PM

Hanley is the sort of wholly uncompromising CB Roy Race would have to deal with week in week out for Melchester Rovers, all tree trunk legs and stubbly lantern jaw. I don’t doubt milk turns quicker, but he is an accomplished Championship defender, in a position where we needed more depth, so no worries with him this season. But I think Mbemba and Lascelles are first choice.

• 93 jimmysmith // Jul 31, 2016 at 11:35 PM

Harley, yeah, it’s understandable he knocked it back, and it is a reminder that the player we end up with might not have been first, second, third, even fourth choice.

• 94 jimmysmith // Jul 31, 2016 at 11:42 PM

Final League Position Champions
    Total Points 96
    League Cup – fourth round
    FA Cup – fifth round
    Player of the Season Janmaat
    TGS Mitrovic
    TGS Goals 23

• 95 Munster Mag // Jul 31, 2016 at 11:59 PM

Jail i dont know why u have to bracket me as some sort of rafa hater. I’m thrilled we have him but if he does something i disagree with, i can surely criticise him, rightly or wrongly. Whats wrong with that? Are geordies so insecure that they need a demi god manager who cannot be criticised? Rafa is a great manager and i’m thrilled we have him but if he chooses a player or system in a game that a fan disagrees with, are we allowed disgree, ffs ??

• 96 Munster Mag // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 AM

Jimmy i dont know why u have been promoting the idea of us p!aying sissoko/wini etc. Guys like that staying with nufc are just practically an impossibility. Sissoko isnt worth 35mill but teams like Real Madrid will pay silly money sometimes for political reasons. Rip their arms off i say.

• 97 jimmysmith // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:08 AM

There has to be a pattern of poor decisions. If he tries something and it doesn’t work, and sticks with it too long, then yeah, he’s got it coming.

• 98 jimmysmith // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:12 AM

Because they are very good, and far better than those who’ll replace them, and because I believe Rafa is far more capable of bringing out the best in them than McC was, particularly in a new league and a new season, and most of all because all I care about is promotion. Nonetheless, it’s happened, and that’s life and football.

• 99 jimmysmith // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:16 AM

I’d have to agree though that 35 million does represent good business, although not outlandish money in the current market. So fair enough

• 100 Munster Mag // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:23 AM

Jimmy at 97, thats a fair point but football can be very immediate and so can fans, me included. When we played vills last year rafa was criticised because at times we had 1-2 players up for corners in a 6 point game. We all love rafa but defensiveness can be a downfall and if fans dont like other fans making an opinion on this front, well stuff em i say.

• 101 jimmysmith // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Voltaire’s got your back.

• 102 Munster Mag // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:28 AM

jimmy sissoko is a desperately limited player. 35 mill is insanity. Pogba has inflated the market along with sky money, but pogba is a miles better player and influence on the pitch.

• 103 Mister Tuff // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:34 AM

moanster – practice video for you.
    Get those funky moves sorted man.

• 104 jimmysmith // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:36 AM

All players need to be well managed to see the best of them. Sissoko has an incredible engine, and at his best drives at defences in the final third in a real thrilling and at times unstoppable way. It’s a rare almost unique ability. He’s also very good at playing to instruction. Newcastle had been a forlorn place to play football for 3 seasons. I think his form needs to be considered within that context. I do get the criticism. My Sissoko posts have largely been as a counterpoint to the get him out at any cost argument.

• 105 jimmysmith // Aug 1, 2016 at 12:42 AM

Those moves probably got Pards laid a bunch of times.

• 106 martoon // Aug 1, 2016 at 7:23 AM