Former Newcastle Coach – Rafa’s Made Some Fantastic Signings

You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

Lee Clark has been interviewed today and he has talked at length about Rafa Benitez and how Newcastle owner Mike Ashley must not interfere with things and allow  Rafa to do the job he was hired for – to get Newcastle winning some trophies again after a drought of over 47 years.

🙁

To be fair to both the owner and Managing Director Lee Charnley that’s exactly what it looks like they are doing and they seem to be trying to help the manager.

Long may it continue.

rafa benitez closeup in cap

Rafa Benitez – let him do his thing – like making some fantatsic signings
Then Newcastle will be great again

And it seems the former Newcastle player and coach also likes the players Rafa is bringing into the cub this summer.

Newcastle have made six summer signings so far and every one looking good and the players want to come to Tyneside play for Newcastle.

This is what lee has said today:

“Rafa has put his stamp on it. We got a glimpse last season – ­individuals such as Andros Townsend and Moussa Sissoko .”

“Sissoko, in particular, went to the European Championships with a spring in his step and performed really well.”

“That’s because Rafa has come in and done what he has done.”

“Having said that, the club has made some fantastic signings so far. Dwight Gayle, Grant Hanley – but the one for me that stands out is Matt Ritchie.”

“I would have been pleased if we had signed him in the Premier League – so to have got him in the Championship is a real coup.”

Rafa did make Sissoko and Townsend into better players in the short time he coached them.

It’s just that the two of them just don’t realize that (or don’t want to realize that) and both will be off to other clubs this summer – with Andros already being the first out of the door at the end of June.

And to join Crystal Palace?

We also expect at least another four players to be coming into the club  to ensure the squad is big enough and good enough for the Championship.

And it now looks almost certain that we will be losing both Moussa Sissoko and Florian Thauvin – and maybe both will have left Newcastle by this coming Friday when we play our first league game at Fulham.

Comments welcome.



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr